Author Topic: Non-Fluoride toothpaste  (Read 86451 times)

Offline UK Lyn

Non-Fluoride toothpaste
« on: December 13, 2008, 09:32:37 am »

An increasing seller at Boots according to my pharnmacist there, the message getting around?

On a serious note, any of the other ingredients anything to worry about?

..and yes, I did goof around with Photoshop bottom left  ;)

wvoutlaw2002

Re: Non-Fluoride toothpaste
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 09:06:22 pm »
I found an online vegan store which sells organic toothpastes which do not have fluoride. And it looks like their organic toothpastes use Stevia. :D

http://www.veganstore.com/index.html?action=search

http://www.veganstore.com/index.html?stocknumber=093

Product Description:
A new, safe, super whitening toothpaste without chemicals, harsh abrasives, animal ingredients, or animal testing. Three natural whitening polishers--natural bamboo (never before in a toothpaste), calcium carbonate, and silica--brighten as they polish and help prevent tartar buildup. Also contains bacteria-blasting perilla seed, known for its power to block sugar acids from bonding with minerals in your saliva that form tartar. No fluoride, saccharin, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, propylene glycol, or lauryl sulfates. 6 oz tube.

Ingredients: Calcium carbonate, vege glycerin, spring water, sodium cocoyl glutamate (replaces sodium lauryl sulfate), carrageenan, organic aloe gel, sodium bicarbonate, bamboo powder, stevia, perilla seed extract, silica, natural peppermint.

Offline feellikemore_dot_com

• feellikemore.com
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2009, 05:42:35 pm »
ADA stated that fluoride was not efficient in water, but when used in toothpaste/dental cleanings the idea is that a minimal amount produces a good (cosmetic) result. The more it is used the more it wears away teeth on a microscopic level, not that the erosion is a significant problem, but rather that it enables more food particles (and thus bacteria) to reside vs. a natural 'smooth' tooth.

It is important to understand how the nwo uses aspects of life that could be used for good, twists them and winds up killing us with them.

~Mike
feellikemore.com || praise to the most high and none below.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 05:32:49 pm »
This answers some of my questions...
http://www.oramd.com/toothpastewarning.htm?kbid=1110

==============================================

WHY THE US GOVERNMENT REQUIRES
WARNING LABELS ON TOOTHPASTE

Conditions:

* Gum Disease
    * Gingivitis
    * Bleeding Gums
    * Bad Breath
    * Receding Gums
    * Periodontal Disease
    * Canker Sore   

WARNING
Keep out of the reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for bushing, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. As with other toothpaste, if irritation occurs discontinue use.

DIRECTIONS: Adults and children 2 years and older. Apply toothpaste onto a soft bristle toothbrush. Brush thoroughly after meals or at least twice a day or as directed by a dentist or physician. Children under 6 years: To minimize swallowing, use a pea sized amount supervise brushing until good habits are established. Children under 2 years: Ask a dentist or physician.

The above guidelines are the typical warning labels and directions for toothpaste. Let’s examine the ingredients found in most toothpaste’s to find out why the FDA requires warning labels. The following are common ingredients found in toothpaste: hydrated silica, sorbitol, sodium saccharin, titanium dioxide, glycerin, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfate, and sodium fluoride.

Hydrated silica is made from a crystallized compound found in quartz, sand, and flint and is primarily used as an abrasive in toothpaste.

Sorbitol and sodium saccharin are both sweeteners and used as carriers and sweeteners in toothpaste.

Titanium dioxide is a pigment used for providing brightness and whiteness to such products as paint, plastics, paper, inks, fibers, food, and cosmetics; and is used as a stain remover/whitener in toothpaste.

Glycerin is a syrupy, sweet, colorless or yellowish liquid obtained from fats and oils and used as a solvent, antifreeze, plasticizer, and sweetener in the manufacture of dynamite, cosmetics, liquid soaps, inks, and lubricants. Glycerin prevents toothpaste from drying out and helps maintain product consistency.

Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is a powerful surfactant (wetting agents) and detergent. It has industrial and cosmetic uses and is used around the world in clinically studies as a skin irritant. The molecule is small enough to penetrate the skin and can enter the blood stream being carried to every organ of the body. SLS is used in toothpaste as a foaming and cleansing agent.

Sodium fluoride is a colorless crystalline salt used in fluoridation of water, in treatment of tooth decay, and as an insecticide and disinfectant. Sodium fluoride is used in toothpaste to harden the enamel of the teeth to prevent tooth decay.

You are probably as shocked as we were to discover what’s in toothpaste, and what we are exposing ourselves and our children to everyday. Although there are proponents that warn against the use of all of the above ingredients, sodium fluoride is the one ingredient that triggered the FDA to require warning labels on toothpaste. Here are some facts about fluoride.

The FDA lists fluoride as an “unapproved new drug” and the EPA lists fluoride as a “contaminant”. Fluoride has never received “FDA Approval” and is considered to be a toxic waste product from the fertilizer industry.

A July 1998 report for The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry states that at least 22% of all American children now have dental fluorosis as a result of ingesting too much fluoride. Fluorosis is light spots and discoloration forming on developing teeth of children. In advanced cases pitting of teeth can occur.

Fluoride has been linked to many harmful health effects including: Alzheimer’s, kidney damage, gastrointestinal problems, cancer, genetic damage, neurological impairment, bone and tooth decay, arthritis, and osteoporosis. Check the Internet for government and scientific reports validating this see http://www.zerowasteamerica.org/Fluoride.htm.

Battelle released the results of its study of fluorides and rats in April 1989. The study showed a dose-dependent relationship between the incidence of oral cancerous tumors and fluorides. After learning this, the National Cancer Institute did a study and found that as exposure to fluoridation increases, so does the incidence of oral cancer; sometimes by as much as 50%.

In 1990 forty US dentist brought a case against the American Dental Association contending that the Association purposefully shielded the public from data that links fluoride to genetic defects, cancer and other health problems (Columbus Dispatch, Oct 21, 1990). Since 1990 over 45 US cities have rejected fluoridation. Ninety eight percent of Europe’s drinking water is now fluoride free.

In 1986-1987, a study involving 39,207 children aged 5-17 showed no statistical difference in decay of teeth from using non-fluoridated or fluoridated water (Dr J. Yiamouyiannus Water Fluoridation & Tooth Decay Study, Fluoride 23:pp55-67, 1990.).

The FDA has determined toothpaste containing sodium fluoride enough of a risk to require warning labels. Historically, when the FDA requires warning labels there is a good reason for it. Look at the progression of cigarette warning labels: 1970 - Caution: Smoking may be hazardous to your health; 2000 – Surgeon Generals Warning: Smoking causes lung cancer, heart disease, emphysema, and may complicate pregnancy.

Although there is a growing movement against the use of fluoride, there are also some big companies with deep pockets and strong lobbyist in Washington DC that want to continue selling fluoride. We suggest you find a use a safe, alternative to fluoridated toothpaste.

For an all natural solution to fluoridated toothpaste, gum disease, gingivitis, bleeding gums and bad breath check out this highly effective product [link below]. 100% guaranteed to work.

http://www.oramd.com/

Offline SuperClass

• TheAlexJonesShow.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 06:12:58 pm »
This is my favorite toothpaste Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste with Mint tastes good, no bad after taste/chalk flavor.

I haven't tried the other flavors http://www.desertessence.com/oral-care/toothpaste
TheAlexJonesShow.com  Mp3 Downloads of Interviews & More!

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
    • Graphic Design/Printing
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 08:34:50 pm »
This is my favorite toothpaste Tea Tree Oil Toothpaste with Mint tastes good, no bad after taste/chalk flavor.

I haven't tried the other flavors http://www.desertessence.com/oral-care/toothpaste

Ooooo! thanks for info :D I'll order some
Make it so!

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 08:42:14 pm »
This is one of my favorites.  Jason's puts out some good products!

http://www.vitacost.com/Jason-Sea-Fresh-All-Natural-Sea-Sourced-Toothpaste
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline Parentsfortruth

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 08:47:38 pm »
We use Nature's Gate here.

http://www.natures-gate.com/shop/showitem.asp?ProductId=46100153&menuId=152&withLinks=1

One of my daughters likes the anise (black licorice) flavor. Personally, I can't stand it, but hey, whatever works. She's four.  :D

http://www.natures-gate.com/shop/showitem.asp?ProductId=46100152&menuId=152&withLinks=1
Matthew 5:37

But let your speech be yea, yea: no, no: and that which is over and above these, is of evil.

Offline Committed

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 04:11:06 pm »

An increasing seller at Boots according to my pharnmacist there, the message getting around?

On a serious note, any of the other ingredients anything to worry about?

..and yes, I did goof around with Photoshop bottom left  ;)
That's awesome, the reference to being dumbed down by the NWO right on the package!
General Douglas MacArthur:
"I am concerned for the security of our great nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."

www.oathkeepers.org

JewishTwister

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 05:58:37 pm »
**uh, is this thing on?**

Baking Soda™

And Altoids™

Offline Rainchild

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 04:52:23 pm »
I use lemon juice to clean my teeth.

You'd be surprised at how well that actually works!

I got the idea when I learned about alkaline vs Acidic foods, and since lemon juice is used in cleaners and is the ultimate alkaline product I tried it out. It works really well!

There was a study in Africa where they checked kids to see how clean their teeth were. They couldn't find any kids with bad teeth. The cool thing is their main diet there was fruit.

Offline grapecrusher1

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 05:01:20 pm »
I use lemon juice to clean my teeth.

You'd be surprised at how well that actually works!

I got the idea when I learned about alkaline vs Acidic foods, and since lemon juice is used in cleaners and is the ultimate alkaline product I tried it out. It works really well!

There was a study in Africa where they checked kids to see how clean their teeth were. They couldn't find any kids with bad teeth. The cool thing is their main diet there was fruit.

Pretty sure lemon juice would be on the acidic side of the Ph scale (I think it is around 2.5).  If it is working for you great.  Never really understood this alkaline diet program anyway sounds like the making for scurvy. 
"The meek shall inherit NOTHING" -- Zappa

Offline dmt

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 12:34:38 am »

This is what I use.  Even though it doesn't show it in the front like other "in your face" type of products, when you look in the back for ingredients, it clearly states that it's a Fluoride-Free formula.  They also show ALL the ingredients that are in their toothpaste on their website.

http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/ingredients.aspx

Mike Philbin

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2009, 12:55:58 am »
Optima Aloe Dent Toothpaste is what I use - it containing aloe vera, tea tree oil, chitosan, silica, horse chestnut and co-enzyme Q10 for healthy gums.

I found a very positive review of this toothpaste 'Optima Aloe Dent Toothpaste Eco Product Review' online - you'll notice how I felt compelled to share the fluoride knowledge with this reviewer [comments section].

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2009, 05:24:18 pm »
Fluoride isn't the only thing in toothpaste. Very few hit all the spots. Also, you want natural bristle toothbrush to avoid Bisphenol A (BPA). I find that the best one is Green People. But there are one or two others. Toms and Kingfisher have Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.

http://www.microscopiccolitis.org/articles/The-5-Hidden-Dangers-In-Toothpaste.html

The 5 Hidden Dangers In Toothpaste

A Must Read if You Have Children

Would you allow your family to brush their teeth with engine degreaser or rat poison? The fact is, they probably are and you don’t even know it. See http://toothpastewarning.here.ws for specific list.

Dental hygiene products that you and your children use every day may contain toxins that have been linked to cancer, blindness, and even death. Have you checked out the ingredients in your toothpaste or mouthwash lately?

Many name-brand toothpastes and mouthwashes contain potentially harmful ingredients, which are made up of very small molecules that may penetrate through the tissue of your mouth, enter the blood stream, and build up in the liver, kidneys, heart, lungs, and tissues.

Did you ever wonder why manufacturers are required to put the following warning label on toothpastes?

Just read the label on any major brand toothpaste or mouthwash. You'll see they are loaded with dangerous toxins and chemicals such as sodium fluoride, triclosan, FD&C Blue Dye #1 and 2, sodium lauryl sulfate, and hydrated silica. All of these common ingredients have been found to be harmful to humans. (From the Safe Shoppers Bible)

Sodium Fluoride: One of the main ingredients in rat poison and toothpaste

Many people are probably aware that most toothpaste and many mouth rinses contain fluoride because that's what dentists have recommended for years to prevent cavities. But did you know that most popular toothpastes contain enough fluoride in four ounces to kill a small child within 2 to 4 hours? (From "Fluoride Retained From Mouth Rinses and Dentifrices in Preschool Children."

In children and youth, minimal ingestion of sodium fluoride causes salivation, nausea, vomiting, epigastric pain, and diarrhea. Large doses of the carcinogen may cause paralysis, muscular weakness and clonic convulsions, followed by respiratory and cardiac failure. (From “Commercial Toothpaste - Natural or Poison?”)

It’s no wonder that fluoride can cause death in humans! In addition to being one of the main ingredients in toothpaste as well as rat and cockroach poisons, sodium fluoride is also a key component in anesthetic, hypnotic, and psychiatric drugs and SARIN NERVE GAS! (From "Neurotoxicity of Sodium Fluoride in Rats" & "Dental Conditions in Workers Chronically Exposed to Dilute and Anhydrous Hydrofluoric Acid")

Fluorides have been used throughout history to alter the behavior and mood of human beings. It is a little known fact that fluoride compounds were added to the drinking water of prisoners to keep them quiet and to hamper noncompliance with authority, both in Nazi prison camps during World War II and in the Soviet gulags in Siberia. (From The Cold War and the University)

Surprisingly, fluoride has NEVER been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Additionally, a 1990 study stated that fluoride has been shown to NOT reduce cavities and scientists are now linking fluoride to dental deformity, arthritis, allergic reactions and about 10,000 unnecessary deaths each year from cancer. (From “Fluoride an equivocal carcinogen. National Cancer Institute)

FD&C Blue Dye # 1 & 2: Are you eating crude oil for breakfast?

These dyes are artificial colorings often found in familiar toothpaste brands and a wide variety of other products. Recent studies indicate that FD & C Blue Dyes 1 & 2 can trigger a wide number of behavioral, learning, and health problems. FD&C color dyes may also cause potentially severe allergic reactions, asthma attacks, headaches, nausea, fatigue, nervousness, lack of concentration, and cancer. (From “Formation of carcinogenic aromatic amine from an azo dye by human skin bacteria in vitro” & “Skin discoloration with blue food coloring”)

Using FD & C Blue Dyes 1 & 2 is just like ingesting crude oil as it too, is synthesized from petroleum. These dyes were originally made from coal tar oil, which is a black, sticky tar by-product of steel making and petroleum distillation, and is a source of numerous complex chemicals. Through repeated human exposure, some of these isolated coal tar components were classified as active carcinogens, ultimately leading to government regulations and restrictions.

Nowadays, coal tar dyes are synthetically engineered rather than extracted from actual coal tar, thereby greatly reducing the possibility of being contaminated with carcinogenic residuals from the coal itself. However, the dyes still contain carcinogenic properties. Over several decades of use, some of these synthetic dyes have come under greater scientific and government scrutiny due to their carcinogenic and mutagenic activity. Because of this, they are still referred to in the industry as “coal tar dyes,” according to the FDA. (From U.S. Food & Drug Administration. “Color Additives Fact Sheet.”)

Even if toothpaste is never swallowed, these dyes can be absorbed within seconds through the skin on the lips, or through the mucous membrane in the mouth. According to the Physician's Desk Reference, the mucosal lining inside of the mouth has

an absorption efficiency of over 90 percent. Because of this, these carcinogens get into your blood, your brain, and your cells in no time at all – especially when you consider most people use dental care products 2 to 3 times a day. (From U.S. Food & Drug Administration. “Color Additives Fact Sheet.”)

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS): Used clinically to irritate skin

Perhaps the most dangerous ingredient in personal-care products is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS). Because SLS has a foaming property, it is added to toothpastes in order to generate foam and give the impression that the toothpaste is working. However, SLS has been found to be quite corrosive and harmful to skin tissue says a report by the American College of Toxicity.

In the cleaning industry, SLS is used in products such as garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers and car wash soaps. Elsewhere, SLS is used for clinical testing as a primary skin irritant. Laboratories use it to irritate skin on test animals and humans so that they may then test healing agents to see how effective they are on the irritated skin.

The journal of the American College of Toxicology reports that SLS can penetrate and be retained in the eye, brain, heart, and liver with potentially harmful long-term effects. Also found in most shampoos including "no tears" baby shampoos, SLS can keep children's eyes from developing properly, can cause cataracts in adults, can retard healing, and can impair hair growth.

Triclosan: A pesticide found in many types of toothpaste

Triclosan, a chemical used for its antibacterial properties, is an ingredient found in many detergents and toothpastes. However, the formulation and structure of this ingredient are similar to some of the most toxic chemicals on earth. Because of this fact, triclosan has been scrutinized in regards to human health and safety, according to Tufts University School of Medicine.

While the companies that manufacture products containing triclosan claim that it is safe, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has registered it as a dangerous pesticide. The EPA gives triclosan high scores both as a human health risk and as an environmental risk.

Triclosan is a chlorophenol, which is a class of chemicals that is suspected of causing cancer in humans. Externally, phenol can cause a variety of skin irritations, but since it can temporarily deactivate sensory nerve endings, contact with it may cause little or no pain. Taken internally, even in small amounts, phenol can lead to cold sweats, circulatory collapse, convulsions, coma, and death.

Additionally, chlorinated hydrocarbon pesticides can be stored in body fat, sometimes accumulating to toxic levels. Long term exposure to repeated use of many pesticide products can damage the liver, kidneys, heart and lungs, suppress the immune system, and cause hormonal disruption, paralysis, sterility and brain hemorrhages. (From . “Recognition and Management of Pesticide Poisonings.” Environmental Protection Agency)

Hydrated Silica: A whitener that damages tooth enamel

Hydrated silica, which is primarily used as an abrasive in toothpaste, is made from a crystallized compound found in quartz, sand, and flint. (From “The Safe Shopper’s Bible”)

Tooth enamel re-mineralizes daily from the supply of ionic calcium and phosphorus in the saliva. Scratching the surface of the tooth with an abrasive such as hydrated silica harms the enamel and prevents re-mineralization, much like using sand to clean glass. Severe wear could eventually occur.

”The public is cautioned against excessive use of products containing 'dioforms,' which are abrasive substances that can cause the breakdown of tooth enamel. Products containing the ingredients silica and cellulose, in particular, should be avoided when gum disease, tooth decay, sensitivity and receding gums are present.

While these ingredients can remove tartar and make teeth whiter in appearance, they also may do harm to dental health by altering the acidic balance of the mouth, gums and tongue,” said Dr. Warren Scherer, New York University College of Dentistry, as reported by The Naples Daily News.

If you found this report interesting or helpful, please forward it to a friend or a loved one. There are healthier and safer alternatives located at: http://stopgumdisease.here.ws

Health risks from chemicals and toxins in oral hygiene products are the most avoidable of all the health risks we face. You don’t have to be a biochemist to get these risks out of your life. It’s as simple as changing brands. There are safe, new, low cost alternatives to toothpaste. These products as seen at: http://stopgumdisease.here.ws also offer pain free solutions to bleeding gums, receding gums and gum disease.

About The Author

Scott Baker writes articles that promote natural solutions for gum disease. You can visit his site at: http://stopgumdisease.here.ws.

Written by: Scott Baker

Offline RastaFariWasRight

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »

Same, I use Tea tree oil winter green or mint flavors which is fluoride free. Ive only seem them at the health food store.

Worse case scenario if I couldnt get fluoride free toothpaste then id only brush my teeth with baking soda lol.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance- Albert Einstein.

Offline Futurist

• Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:19 am »
For any Australian readers, I discovered non-fluoride toothpaste at Woolworths, it's called Woolworths Naytura Herbal Toothpaste (thankfully it's mint flavour).

Offline Shorebreak

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2009, 07:31:30 am »

This is what I use.  Even though it doesn't show it in the front like other "in your face" type of products, when you look in the back for ingredients, it clearly states that it's a Fluoride-Free formula.  They also show ALL the ingredients that are in their toothpaste on their website.

http://www.tomsofmaine.com/products/ingredients.aspx

Tom's is my favorite. You can find them at most grocery stores and pharmacy's in the US.

Offline Celebrome

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2009, 08:01:13 am »
I use Arm & hammer baking soda for mi theet. Ive been using it for almost a year now and ive never felt better. I used to use  sensodyne because they were saying that it help when you have trouble whit hot and cold but the probleme seem to get worst. Since i switch to Arm & hammer  the probleme is gone, took 1 week and it was over  no more pain and mi theet are whiter then before.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2009, 11:39:45 am »
Dammit I just thoroughly read thru that big post and even the natural tea tree oil tooth paste that I use has that sodium lauryl sulfate ( the only thing unhealthy it had ) but still... Man the more and more I research the more It seems like you cannot trust man or his products, even the ones with good intent.

Well i used to have to brush my teeth with baking soda as a kid. f**k it, it might even be cheaper, im try going back to that and see how it works for me. Luckily Im not the type of person who gets bad breath.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2009, 11:56:07 am »
Tom's is my favorite. You can find them at most grocery stores and pharmacy's in the US.

I haven't seen it anywhere.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2009, 05:16:40 pm »
Apparently Glycerin, in most of the fluoride free toothpastes, is bad, coz it coats the tooth and stops the enamel from re-mineralizing from the saliva as nature intended. Apparently tooth powders and soaps are the way to go.

Offline DoNotObey

• facebook
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 05:13:06 pm »
does it acctuallty mention the nwo on the toothpasate bottle
Who's more foolish the fool, or the fool who follows him - Obi Wan Kenobi

Offline scoffer

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2009, 05:19:25 pm »
I haven't seen it anywhere.

Yikes, this is a little embarrassing, but you can find it at Walmart.

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2009, 04:55:40 pm »
Im just going to brush with baking soda. You still have that SLS stuff and whatever else they decide they dont have to label in the toothpaste.
I just picked up some " Bobs Red Mill" non aluminum baking soda.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »
I like Tom's
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 04:32:12 pm »
I like Tom's

Tom's tastes good, but has carcinogenic sodium lauryl sulfate, and glycerin, which stops enamel from re-mineralizing via saliva.

Offline darryl1928

• www.purewaterfreedom.com
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 04:26:55 pm »
I have been using a brand named "Jason"  It's tea tree and cinnamon

Xill

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 04:33:54 pm »
I've got Tom's also. It's all I can find here.

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 01:42:23 pm »
I've got Tom's also. It's all I can find here.

Try internet and mail order. Or purchase the raw materials and make your own, just as you cook your own dinner.

Offline Futurist

• Blog
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2009, 09:31:12 am »
Regarding Glycerine, it was listed in regular Colgate fluoride toothpaste. Do you have any more information on enamel formation as I can't simply take your word for it.

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2009, 06:06:58 am »
Regarding Glycerine, it was listed in regular Colgate fluoride toothpaste. Do you have any more information on enamel formation as I can't simply take your word for it.

I got the info from the guy who runs this website: http://www.red23.co.uk/Dental_c_51.html

He says to contact the manufacturers for more info on glycerin. Fact is tho, that enamel is re-mineralized via saliva. It stands to reason therefore that coating the enamel will stop re-mineralization.

Offline jjbk

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2009, 01:43:05 am »
i had nothing but problems with my teeth, always spotting (fluorosis) I have had teeth decay, and thats with fluoride so I got rid of it all together, since then I have had no pain in my teeth, they are smoother and cleaner

even our kids tothpaste has same fluroide levels as adult toothpaste here

Offline agentl074

« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2009, 08:58:25 pm »
The best non fluoride, non sls toothpaste out there is Dr. Nates Naturals. This stuff was formulated by a dentist and is available on amazon.

Regarding the glycerin and re mineralization question, this dentist responded:

2009-05-18 13:16:45   I do not know if glycerin inhibits remineralization. Logically, I dont see how it could, because if it does leave a film on the teeth, it would be a water soluble permeable layer. The teeth naturally form a permeable protein layer on top of them called the "pellicle", minerals can freely move through this layer to remineralize the tooth surface. To address your question more generally, I dont think remineralization will help your problem. Remineralization refers to restoring minerals to demineralized enamel, this changes the enamel from being weak and soft to hard and durable. However, remineralization can not restore lost tooth structure or rebuild lost enamel (not to a visible extent, only a microscopic one). When acid (either dietary or from bacteria via carbohydrate metabolism) attacks tooth structure it pulls out minerals (demineralizes the tooth). Your own saliva is very good (better than any toothpaste) at providing a super saturated environment of minerals to help remineralize demineralized tooth structure. If demineralized tooth structure suffers a prolonged acid atack it will be destroyed, ussually resulting in a cavity.
Veteran, USAF

Offline 18E

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2009, 03:14:11 am »
Plus 1 on Tom's. I have a hard time finding it locally (walmart ocassionally has it, Winco usually has it, Tarjay never has it) but I just ordered a case from drugstore.com for a decent price.

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2009, 04:04:50 am »
Minus 1 on Toms. It has Sodium Laurel Sulfate in it: http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-lauryl-sulfate.html

"Once it has been absorbed, one of the main effects of sodium lauryl sulfate is to mimic the activity of the hormone Oestrogen. This has many health implications and may be responsible for a variety of health problems from PMS and Menopausal symptoms to dropping male fertility and increasing female cancers such as breast cancer, where oestrogen levels are known to be involved."

Offline planning4acrash

• Visit my blog
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 04:07:19 am »
This, just in from Mercola.com:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/20/Are-Your-Toothpaste-Shampoo-and-Body-Wash-Harming-Your-Health.aspx

Is Your Beauty Routine Causing Long-Term Health Damage?
Posted by: Dr. Mercola
October 20 2009 | 2,214 views

toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, personal care products, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, SLS, sodium Laureth Sulfate, SLES, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Myreth SulfateDo you enjoy a shampoo with a rich lather? A shaving cream that really foams? Relaxing in a tub full of bubbles?

These may seem like some of life's simple, innocent pleasures -- until you look at what is causing all that foam and lather. Once you find out, you may decide it's not so simple or pleasurable after all.

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) and Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES), and their cousins like Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate and Sodium Myreth Sulfate produce a lot of foam very inexpensively. But SLS is so strong that it's also used to scrub garage floors. And it has been proven to cause cancer in the long run.

SLS stays in the body up to five days. Other studies show it easily penetrates the skin and enters and maintains residual levels in the heart, liver, the lungs, and the brain. Yet SLS is found in most cleansing, foaming products -- and even in some toothpastes.

Offline maim

• NewWorldOrderNWO
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 08:29:47 am »
ya know, there is no medicinal value to toothpaste, its just flavours and filler.  you don't need to put anything on yer toothbrush.  just use water on yer toothbrush, its the  physical brushing that keeps teeth clean, not what u put on the brush.  other then being a breath freshener, there is no need for any toothpaste of any kind. 

Offline kermitthefrayer

• Art pics poetry and more by my wife
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 10:52:13 am »
http://www.eco-dent.com/

Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda), Tartaric Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sea Salt, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate(Coconut Derived), Natural Flavoring Oils, Hydrated Silica, Guar Gum, Myrrh Extract.

100% Cruelty-free. No dyes or sweeteners. Certified CCIC.

Ounce for ounce, and brushing for brushing, contains more minerals essential for strong, healthy teeth than any other dental care product.
Naturally effervescent.
Less abrasive than brushing with just a wet toothbrush
Cleans and polishes teeth
Hardens and remineralizes tooth enamel without potentially toxic fluoride.
Leaves your entire mouth feeling fresh and tingly.
Up to 200 brushings per 2 oz. bottle. Lower cost and less environmentally-polluting packaging waste.
Contains myrrh to support the gums

Plus

Gentle Floss Premium Dental Floss. treated with enzymes and 14 natural essential oils.
Vegan waxed using rice bran. the only floss waxed with 100% vegetable waxes. no beeswax. This lighter and smoother wax helps GentleFloss glide more easily between tight teeth contacts.
Nylon, not silk. Silk production involves chemical sterilization and can be dangerous and involve child labor. Nylon is clean and effective as a floss, without these problems.
Refreshing, long-lasting clean mint taste.
Economical: 100 yards per package--up to 300% more floss per package than other brands.
Ecological: plastic-free, paper-fiber packaging is recyclable and bio-degradable.
Use instead of dental tape: Just double it up for effective thicker action of dental tape, but far less costly.
Eco-DenT VeganFloss  VeganFloss is a natural Cinnamon Flavor. VeganFloss has no mint (suitable for people using homeopathy) VeganFloss is completely free of all animal source ingredients. It comes in the highly economical 100 yd. Size and is packaged in our cardboard pack to eliminate the use of plastic for packaging found in other brands.

And

http://www.herbsmd.com/detail/periowash-perio-wash-mouthwash-25234.htm

Description of PerioWash (Perio Wash) Mouthwash   
Alcohol-Free Mouthwash.

Ingredients of PerioWash (Perio Wash) Mouthwash   
Each Serving Contains:
Purified Water,Triple filtered, vegetable glycerin, Phytoplenolin, Bio-Chelated Extracts of echinacea purpurea tops, calendula flower, Phytoplenolin, olive leaf, black walnut (green hulls), gotu kola herb, chamomile flowers, blood root, green tea leaf, prickly ash bark, grapefruit seed, Essential Oils of peppermint, oregano, clove, thyme; Bio-saponin, folic acid, co-q10, aloe vera phytogel, chlorophyll and natural flavors

"Specialization is for insects."

- Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein