Happy Thanksgiving!

Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 6440 times)

Offline bushido_aria

• SCMLA--So Cal Martial Law Alerts
Happy Thanksgiving!
« on: November 28, 2008, 02:07:13 PM »
Happy belated Thanksgiving to my Prison Planet Forum homies!

I'm posting late because I was out with fellow End the Fed activist friends yesterday and wanted to let you all know about the truly interesting part of the day. I joined with some fellow friends for a meet-up at a local restaurant for a Thanksgiving luncheon. There were a handful of us, but we sat down to enjoy Turkey and stuffing with good conversation. Things started out normal until the main course came when the newbie proceeded to pontificate. First he started out with the Hopi Indian prophecy and then equated to them being happy that Hitler had arrived. Then it he went into how the Founding Fathers were Masons. Then finally, he comes out and says that our little movement idea is useless (after he spent the rest of the morning agreeing with us!). After this, further questioning just resulted in further poo-pooing of any of our activist ideas and comments meant to incite us. He talked in a monotone and all of us commented on how he acted almost like he was mind controlled (or something). The real kicker was after the main meal was done, the restaurant had a guy taking souvenir pictures that they were trying to sell. After our group's picture was taken, this guy commented "The FBI now has your picture." Needless to say, we rejoiced when he made a hasty exit.

You know, if the Sons of Liberty sat down to have a meal and someone dared provocateur-ed as happened yesterday, that person would not be with us the today. I think that End the Fed has hit a nerve. I'm sure the FBI had my photo and information years before yesterday. I'm not posting this as a fear factor for new people getting into this. The point is that what happened yesterday was the ultimate insult to a citizen--to have a peaceful group of activists sit down for a meal on a holiday and have it disrupted by mole is just beyond words. Tyranny is here. Time to fight it. (In our case, keep fighting it.)
So Cal Martial Law Alerts -- SCMLA Broadcasting
"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."--Amidala, Star Wars III

Ephesians 6:12

Offline Revolt426

Re: Happy Thanksgiving! Have a CoInTelPro Operative
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »
You see, back in the day in the real US you could tar and feather the traitors. Now you will  be arrested for assault and battery even if you touch a criminal.
"Liquidate labor, liquidate stocks, liquidate the farmers, liquidate real estate … It will purge the rottenness out of the system..." - Andrew Mellon, Secretary of Treasury, 1929.

Offline ES

• Old Iron Sides: Enemy of Tyrannical Scum
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 06:18:49 PM »
He's probably some loser who got busted for drugs or something and now works with the feds or the local cops for a little money and to stay out of trouble with the cops. Don't worry. They will throw him to the wolves as soon as his usefullness wears out. He'll be screwed long before we ever will because he's a punk and a dupe.
"My heroes are people who monkey wrench the new world order". - Jello Biafra

Offline bushido_aria

• SCMLA--So Cal Martial Law Alerts
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 09:48:27 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not too wigged out now, but at the time hearing the guy talk was very surreal. He would deliver his message in a monotone and quietly and then he would just sit there like he hadn't said anything to incite us. It was beyond weird.
So Cal Martial Law Alerts -- SCMLA Broadcasting
"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."--Amidala, Star Wars III

Ephesians 6:12

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:12 AM »
We are all thankful to have Alex Jones in our corner!

Happy Thanksgiving all!
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Seroquel XR

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
“Insanity - a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world.”-R. D. Laing
Making a Killing:The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 11:17:13 AM »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

for being able to feel all of Gods blessings during these times of turmoil.
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
* Happy Thanksgiving everyone! (Flyers to give out to friends this holiday)
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:51:34 PM »
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=238418.msg1387032;topicseen#msg1387032

These are on many topics and what people need to learn to understand what is happening in America. Please distribute over the holidays, while many people are around and not working. You may just educate a few as to what is really going on!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:30 AM »

Below is something new I found on youtube.com and thought I'd share, because it was so interesting.  At the same time wishing everyone here ~

Happy Thanksgiving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvEv_lgafLk

Published on Nov 20, 2013

A "NEW" Ancient Hebrew Bible code, reveals exactly who the Messiah is, and his purpose for coming. We unveil a Mystery from the first sentence of Genesis, which Hebrew Scholars have sought to understand for thousands of years, ever since the Torah was first written. And we discover Messianic Prophecies, which prove beyond doubt that Yeshua (Jesus) was indeed God's Messiah. This broadcast is a "must watch" for Jews, Muslims and anyone else seeking to understand why Christians claim that Jesus was both the Messiah and God.

Please share this Alpha and Omega picture with friends:
http://666mark.blog.com/files/2012/05/Image7.png

Here is the transcript: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xovic0

Category

News & Politics
    License

Creative Commons Attribution license (reuse allowed)

user111

Re: Happy Thanksgiving & Something Interesting
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2013, 10:43:07 PM »
Very interested and while I think the Jewish may be more open minded to watching,I highly doubt you will ever get a Muslim to view it.

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well.

Offline Letsbereal

• Know Thyself
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 04:53:58 AM »
For the first time – and never again – the first day of Chanukah will be celebrated on Thanksgiving http://www.algemeiner.com/2013/11/27/chanukah-guide-for-the-perplexed-2013/
->>>|:-) THE CITY INDIANS (-:|<<<-

Offline Honor18

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 08:45:19 AM »
Happy Holidays to everybody !

Offline donnay

Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »
Psalm 100:4-5 (KJV)
4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Philippians 4:6  (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV)
18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
This is the only American holiday that has any meaning to me anymore. It's plain meaning, reflected in it's name, hasn't been hijacked, twisted, or misrepresented.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2016, 08:29:52 PM »
Psalms 26:7  That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
Psalms 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psalms 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.
What do you under-stand?

Offline donnay

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2016, 08:30:26 PM »
This is the only American holiday that has any meaning to me anymore. It's plain meaning, reflected in it's name, hasn't been hijacked, twisted, or misrepresented.

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving day!

Offline donnay

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 08:32:36 PM »
Psalms 26:7  That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.
Psalms 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:
Psalms 69:30  I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.
Psalms 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Great scriptures Jacob!

I give thanks everyday for His blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 08:58:10 PM »
Great scriptures Jacob!

I give thanks everyday for His blessings.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Same to you; it seems to be a lot to be thankful for right now; I hope we can find our healing.
What do you under-stand?

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2016, 11:42:20 PM »
Same to you; it seems to be a lot to be thankful for right now; I hope we can find our healing.

Jacob, lots of good healing lately going on at the Windy Acres, literally.
Healing seems to just come.

donnay, LOL I am so playing hooky from Thanksgiving, I don't
even have a meal plan going for tomorrow.   Hopefully hubby will
do some creating in his workshop for me and I'll have two oak
note paper holders made to size.   

One Revelator, fire up your wood stove and have a relaxing day.

Be Prepared

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2016, 11:56:25 PM »

Hopefully after it's over.

There's, ah, expectations...that I feel somewhat responsible for fulfilling. I'll be cooking.

Maybe we'll get to where you are someday. I'm all for relaxed, stress-free events. The family, not quite yet.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline donnay

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2016, 12:05:54 AM »
Jacob, lots of good healing lately going on at the Windy Acres, literally.
Healing seems to just come.

donnay, LOL I am so playing hooky from Thanksgiving, I don't
even have a meal plan going for tomorrow.   Hopefully hubby will
do some creating in his workshop for me and I'll have two oak
note paper holders made to size.   

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving--however you want to celebrate it.  ;)  :)

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2016, 12:15:40 AM »
One Revelator,  I always did all the cooking, baking and
hostessing of the big Thanksgiving Dinners.  Then we
moved over a thousand miles away and nobody wants
to visit here in the winter months, they're all afraid of
snow, iced up roads, howling winds, frozen tundra, LOL.

donnay, thanks, this Thanksgiving has special meaning
for hubby and myself,  the healing is really kicking in :)

Be Prepared

Offline fred.greek

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2016, 12:45:28 AM »
A Thanksgiving Message from President-Elect Donald J. Trump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUnv6Kb7syQ
Our hope that he does well.
Retired but still working in the garden...

Offline iamc2

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2016, 01:23:12 AM »
 Heavenly Father, We thank you for a chance to get our Nation back, for allowing a new leader in our land; and this is a blessing from on High...I would ask you LORD to guide ALL of US into the truth of what our Nation was made for...and that is: To preach The Gospel to this sinful world...I ask you LORD to Bless our words and our works...and I THANK YOU LORD for all the Blessings you have given us in this land: called The USA...AMEN!
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline Honor18

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2016, 07:26:04 AM »
Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving .... Happy Holidays and be safe !

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2016, 08:25:30 AM »
Heavenly Father, We thank you for a chance to get our Nation back, for allowing a new leader in our land; and this is a blessing from on High...I would ask you LORD to guide ALL of US into the truth of what our Nation was made for...and that is: To preach The Gospel to this sinful world...I ask you LORD to Bless our words and our works...and I THANK YOU LORD for all the Blessings you have given us in this land: called The USA...AMEN!

AMEN  HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2016, 08:43:23 AM »

... we have truly much to
be thankful for today in
this great country of ours.
 :D

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2016, 12:40:37 PM »

Nothing like chopping garlic on your grandmother's cutting board.

Yes we have a lot to be Thankful  for. Thank God for this forum and community, for all the people that came before us and all that will come after us, and for Alex being that beacon of light in the darkness, thankful to see the fruits of all freedom loving people start to blossom, we knew it would get bad  and yet still may get even worse but we know eventually everything is going to turn out just fine.

I am thankful for the beautiful blueprint the Founding Fathers of my country laid out, not sure which one said the battle for our country didn't end with Cornwallis' signiture, it was just beginning, and here we are still fighting that battle, and thank God we're able to still fight it.

Happy Thanksgiving people, with much love.......now let's eat!
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2016, 04:01:08 PM »
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_THANKSGIVING_TRAVEL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-11-24-01-17-20

>:(Elizabeth Thompson said she couldn't wait to leave the big city behind and decompress over the Thanksgiving holiday at her grandmother's house in rural south-central Indiana. But first she had to get there.
And a big part of the plan is banning election talk.

"My mother specifically said, 'We're not going to talk about it,'" for her grandmother's sake, Thompson said. Although nobody in her family supported President-elect Trump, "my grandmother is sick of hearing about it."

---
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2016, 04:05:21 PM »
My ancestors were here at FlowerDew but we didn't have a thanksgiving  :

Wikipedia says SIX 6 deaths? really? a massacre of 347? geez  liars !!!

http://rootsandall.blogspot.com/2014/07/ancestor-spotlight-dr-john-woodson.html

Dr. Woodson and his wife arrived at the start of the second major wave of colonists to Jamestown.  Between 1619 and 1622, the number of colonists grew to about 1000 in the New World colony.  This tide of newcomers upset Chief Opechancanough of the Powhatan Confederacy of Indian tribes, who saw the influx as proof that the English planned to expand in to Powhatan lands. 

The Massacre of 1622
     On March 22, 1621/22, Chief Opechancanough launched a series of coordinated attacks on all the English plantations and towns developing around Jamestown.  Powhatan Confederacy braves entered each settlement with trade goods, looking as if they wished to barter.  When the colonists approached them, the braves grabbed any weapons or tools that were at hand and attacked the unprepared colonists. 347 people were killed, a quarter of the colony's total population.  Only the most fortified positions survived.  The fotifications at Flowerdew Hundred held and the Woodson family survived the attack.

The settlement at Flowerdew Hundred plantation was one of the few that was allowed to remain outside the walls of Jamestown after the 1622 attack.  The next ten years involved attacks of retribution by the colonists. The time passed relatively peacefully for the Woodsons.  Two sons were born to them, John in 1632 and Robert in 1634.

1618 - Robert Hussye & Francis Outlawe - 11 Oct 1618 - Marriages at Hedenham Norfolk - Hedenham

Plymouth Rock is the traditional site of disembarkation of William Bradford and the Mayflower Pilgrims who founded Plymouth Colony in 1620

1624 - Robert Hussye dies in Virginia plantation Flowerdew in 1624 but no mention of a wife (Francis Outlawe)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowerdew_Hundred_Plantation
Flowerdew Hundred Plantation dates to 1618/19 with the patent by Sir George Yeardley, the Governor and Captain General of Virginia, of 1,000 acres (400 ha) on the south side of the James River. Yeardley probably named the plantation after his wife's wealthy father, Anthony Flowerdew, just as he named another plantation "Stanley Hundred" after his wife's wealthy mother, Martha Stanley. (Yeardley's wife, Temperance Flowerdew, came from English gentry in the County of Norfolk.)[3] A "hundred" was historically a division of a shire or county. With a population of about 30, the plantation was economically successful with thousands of pounds of tobacco produced along with corn, fish and livestock. Sir George paid 120 pounds (possibly a hogshead of tobacco) to build the first windmill in British America.

Today, Flowerdew Hundred plantation is a private residence.

Flowerdew Hundred Plantation is located in Virginia
Flowerdew Hundred Plantation dates to 1618/19 with the patent by Sir George Yeardley, the Governor and Captain General of Virginia, of 1,000 acres (400 ha) on the south side of the James River. Yeardley probably named the plantation after his wife's wealthy father, Anthony Flowerdew, just as he named another plantation "Stanley Hundred" after his wife's wealthy mother, Martha Stanley. (Yeardley's wife, Temperance Flowerdew, came from English gentry in the County of Norfolk.)[3] A "hundred" was historically a division of a shire or county. With a population of about 30, the plantation was economically successful with thousands of pounds of tobacco produced along with corn, fish and livestock. Sir George paid 120 pounds (possibly a hogshead of tobacco) to build the first windmill in British America.

History

The plantation survived the Indian massacre of 1622 with only [six what kind of lie is that?] 347 people were killed, a quarter of the colony's total population, remaining an active and fortified private plantation unlike many others in the area, such as the Citie of Henricus and Martin's Hundred, that were abandoned. The first windmill erected in English North America was built at Flowerdew Hundred by 1621, and was an English post mill

SOME JACKASS GET's IT ALL : (historic birthright FOR SALE!!!) Notice it's not a historic federal park! 

http://www.wileyproperty.com/File/Flower.pdf

Flowerdew Hundred

Flowerdew Hundred is a rare and unique property with long frontage on the James River in Prince George County, midway between
Richmond and Williamsburg.
The property was one of the earliest English settlements in the New World and in 1618 was granted
to Governor George Yeardley, who named the property for his wife, Temperance Flowerdew. The Flowerdew settlement survived the
Indian Massacre of 1622
and was inhabited by settlers throughout the 18th century. The property maintained its standing as a working
plantation throughout the 20th century.

Flowerdew Hundred has been the site of numerous historically significant archaeological digs which uncovered several hundred thousand artifacts
confirming the Native American Indian villages, a frontier settlement and plantation that once existed on the land. The main residence was built as
the retirement home of David A Harrison, III, a long time benefactor to the University of Virginia. As his legacy, the University is home to the Mary and David Harrison Institute for American History, Literature and Culture at the University of Virginia Library which hosts a number of historical exhibits, including some of the artifacts found on site at Flowerdew Hundred.

ESTATE PARTICULARS

Approached along a tree-lined avenue, the main residence consists of some 14,000 square feet, the home is ideal for grand entertaining,
large family gatherings or corporate retreats. Broad sweeping views overlook the farmland and river to the east.
MAIN RESIDENCE: The main home is of beaded German cypress siding with a gambrel style standing seam metal roof,
wood double hung windows, copper gutters and downspouts with two gazebos over the English basement, each with a copper
roof and cupola. A half-moon terrace (112’ x36’) runs across the back of the home and provides covered parking for numerous
vehicles underneath. The front porch is of brick and slate with columns and is flanked by twin staircases. The FIRST FLOOR
consists of a center front to rear hallway with symmetrical parlors to either side of the entry, each with a fireplace and beautiful
walnut millwork, a master bedroom with a dressing room and full bath, a pool room with a half bath, living room with fireplace,
spacious dining room with fireplace, a modern kitchen with island and attached butler’s pantry, lunch/breakfast room
and a family/TV room. A half bath and coat closet are found in the foyer. SECOND FLOOR: A curved staircase leads to the
second floor landing. There are seven bedrooms, four full baths, two linen closets, and enclosed sun porch. Pull down stairs
provide access to plumbing and electrical services in the third floor attic. The THIRD FLOOR encompasses five additional
bedrooms, two full baths, one half-bath, hall closet and access to the spiral staircase that leads to the widow’s walk and cupola.
The ENGLISH BASEMENT provides access to the covered parking area and features stone flooring throughout. Additional
rooms include a large game/family room w/ fireplaces at each end, a full commercial kitchen, several mechanical rooms,a
manager’s office,a laundry room, storage rooms, and two additional full baths. Heat is provided by two propane fired boilers
and cooling by six electric heat pumps. The residence also has a central vacuum system and four hot water heaters. Water is
provided by a well.

ADDITIONAL STRUCTURES: The Flowerdew Hundred Museum building was originally an 1850 school house and remains
on the property as does the Pavillion and the Summer Kitchen (which was replicated in 1988). The first American windmill was
erected in 1621 on the property which was significant of the early industrial efforts of the colonists. A replica windmill was put
on site in the 1970’s to commemorate this early achievement.

THE PROPERTY: Consisting of 1,051 acres total, Flowerdew Hundred is mostly open and has several miles of river frontage
along the James River in Prince George County, midway between Richmond and Jamestown. There is an irrigation system in
place for the cropland that is fed by the James River. The land has wonderful goose blinds throughout, making it ideal for
the sportsman. The property is zoned Agricultural and could be an ideal candidate for conservation easement protection and
further is subject to the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act regulations. Additional land may be available.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 08:44:13 PM »
It's 10 degrees outside ... 80 degrees inside... and I had four of my old shooting buddies over for a festive interaction... lots of filing, shaving, screwing, and unscrewing... and a great time was had by all...(chuckle)...

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Oldyoti

"A society that robs an individual of the product
of his effort, is not strictly speaking a society, but a
mob held together by institutionalized gang violence."
~Ayn Rand

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 10:59:41 PM »
ty JT for the pics.   :)
love, e

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2016, 01:26:19 AM »
ty JT for the pics.   :)
love, e

Glad to please, e ... always good to see you.

JTCoyoté

"Between a balanced republic and a democracy,
the difference is like that between order and chaos.
"
~Chief Justice John Marshall

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2016, 03:51:40 AM »
J.T. Coyote, my husband has the same silver colored
metal stool in his workshop LOL.  He does!  Nice
looking "company" you have sitting on your couch...

I'm glad you bumped this thread again,  I'm still giving
Thanks for all the healing that continues in our house.
It's been truly amazing!!
Be Prepared

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2016, 12:53:48 AM »
J.T. Coyote, my husband has the same silver colored
metal stool in his workshop LOL.  He does!  Nice
looking "company" you have sitting on your couch...

I'm glad you bumped this thread again,  I'm still giving
Thanks for all the healing that continues in our house.
It's been truly amazing!!

Windy, I have two of those stools... bought them for the shop from W.W. Graingers back in 1975... great stools.

As to the slender fellows on the couch sitting proud, they are, left to right, my M-1867 Swiss Peabody in .41 Swiss in it's original military configuration, my British 1867 MK-II** Snider-Enfield infantry rifle in .577-S with a shortened "sporterized" fore-stock done some time in the 1870's, and... my M-1867/77 Austrian Werndl in original military form cambered for the M/77 11.15x58Rmm round, all of which I make ammo for and shoot regularly.

The rifle on the far right is a muzzle-loading-flintlock-project in-progress. It's what I picture as an American post Revolution/War of 1812 creation that an American gunsmith of the period would fashion out of pieces and parts that could have been picked up on any Revolutionary War or War of 1812 battlefield. All of the pieces and parts I'm using are modern reproductions I've acquired over the years...

The stock is from a 3rd Pattern 1793 Brown Bess musket. The lock and side-plate are from a Long Land 2nd Pattern Brown Bess c. 1762. The trigger/guard, butt plate, nose cap, ramrod pipes, and other brass furniture are from various muskets of the time. The barrel is a reproduction of a M-1795 Harper's Ferry smooth bore musket barrel in 69 caliber. It's length has been shortened from 44" to a manageable 39" and then rifled with 9 lands and grooves having a twist rate of one turn in 48" with a groove depth of 0.010". By rifling the barrel it becomes a truly accurate "Big Bore" force to contend with out to 300 yards or more. This early 19th century "sporter" is well within the skill and even typical of early American mil-surp ingenuity...

I too am thankful, windy, for the fact that we can discuss and even build this kind of thing and not be arrested for it... we were just that close to being disarmed slaves before election day... our prayers have been heard and answered and I think all who can sense are feeling the positive change, and for that we give thanks as well...

JTCoyoté

"The Bible is one of the greatest blessings bestowed
by God on the children of men. It has God for its
author; salvation for its end, and truth without any
mixture for its matter. It is all pure."
~John Locke

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2016, 07:02:37 AM »
Those rifles are amazing J.T. Coyote!

By rifling the barrel it becomes a truly accurate "Big Bore" force to contend with out to 300 yards or more. This early 19th century "sporter" is well within the skill and even typical of early American mil-surp ingenuity...   

Does it have a lot of recoil kick?  300 yards is quite a ways and to
be accurate, that is really impressive!   

I felt the same way before the elections that we could have become
disarmed and it almost made me pace the floor at home.   I too am
very thankful a Jack boot thug style confiscation never happened!

My husband rescued the metal stool in his workshop from going
to the metal scrap yard.  People went nuts here when metal prices
were high scrapping out all kinds of perfectly good metal objects.
It's the perfect height for him when he works on some of his wood working
shop tools like the scroll saw. 
Be Prepared

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2016, 08:50:22 AM »
I too have the metal stool I upholstered the top of mine though.  I could almost match the pic. J T, my stove is the ol  Ben Franklin keeps us very comfortable in the cold months.  Love those pics.  Take care all.

Who am I

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:22 AM »
https://wydaily.com/2017/11/20/jamestown-unearthed-colonists-had-a-taste-for-turkey-nws/
Jamestown Unearthed: Colonists had a taste for turkey
By Andrew Harris - November 20, 2017

As Historic Triangle residents begin preparing their Thanksgiving feasts this week, archaeologists at Historic Jamestowne are investigating the diets of James Fort colonists.

While the research is still in the preliminary stages, archaeologists have concluded one thing so far: much like modern-day Americans at Thanksgiving, the colonists appeared to have a taste for bird.

“They were consuming turkey,” said Environmental Archaeologist Joanne Bowen.

The well, from which archaeologists excavated tens of thousands of individual bones. (Michael Lavin/Jamestown Rediscovery)
The colonists used the well for only a short time before abandoning it and filling it with trash, including food waste, said Jamestown Rediscovery Assistant Curator Hayden Bassett. Researchers know the well was built before 1617, because documents say the governor’s residence was built on the same site at that time.

Based on culinary clues found in one layer of soil in the well, the Preservation Virginia team believes the well was constructed after the Starving Time of 1609 and 1610, when the fledgling colony’s population was nearly decimated.

The colonists couldn’t leave the fort during the Starving Time, due to pressure from Native Americans. That means they couldn’t hunt and eat wild deer.

“Archaeology doesn’t end when the digging ends,” Bassett said. “In some cases it takes years, decades in this case, to maximize the information we can learn from the material we excavate.”

A team of archaeologists from Preservation Virginia has been at work since 1994 uncovering Jamestown’s buried secrets.

When the Jamestown Rediscovery Archaeological Project started, the hope was to find the site of the original 1607 James Fort, which had been written off for more than 200 years as lost to shoreline erosion.

Since then, the team has discovered the fort and more than a million artifacts in the ground.

“Jamestown Unearthed” is a monthly feature in WYDaily exploring the latest discoveries in and around James Fort. Click here to read past articles.

| -- - -

I had ancestors at FlowerDew Plantation:

1618 - Robert Hussye & Francis Outlawe - 11 Oct 1618 - Marriages at Hedenham Norfolk - Hedenham

http://www.norfolkchurches.co.uk/hedenham/hedenham.htm
St Peter, Hedenham

http://webpages.charter.net/pepbaker/1622_massacre.htm
Floweredieu Hundred became a palisaded settlement which may account for there being only six deaths during the Indian uprising in 1622.

"Here following is set down a true list of the names of all those that were
massacred by the treachery of the Savages in Virginia, the 22nd March last (1622).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flowerdew_Hundred_Plantation
Flowerdew Hundred Plantation

History
The plantation survived the Indian massacre of 1622 with only six deaths, remaining an active and fortified private plantation unlike many others in the area, such as the Citie of Henricus and Martin's Hundred, that were abandoned.

The first windmill erected in English North America was built at Flowerdew Hundred by 1621, and was an English post mill.

In 1624, Abraham Piersey, Cape Merchant of the Virginia Company, purchased Flowerdew Hundred renaming it Piersey's Hundred. Piersey’s Stone House was the first home with a permanent foundation in the colony.

http://www.marable-family.net/jlmarable/muster-1624.html
  THE MUSTER OF THE INHABITANTS  OF PEIRSEYS HUNDRED TAKEN THE 20TH OF JANUARY 1624
DEAD at Peirseys hundred Anno Dni 1624
JOHN LINICKER
EDWARD CARLOWE
ROBERT HUSSYE
JACOB LARBEE
JOHN ENGLISH
CHRISTOPHER LEES Wife
ELIZABETH JONES

http://www.richmond.com/business/flowerdew-hundred-estate-to-be-sold-at-auction/article_e319511a-d207-55df-911f-28d90d3dc9ca.html
Flowerdew Hundred estate to be sold at auction
 By CAROL HAZARD Richmond Times-Dispatch Oct 2, 2014

A Virginia estate on 98 acres along the James River in Prince George County is set to be sold at auction for at least $2.5 million in three weeks.
The estate is part of an original farm known as Flowerdew Hundred, which was given as a land grant by King James in 1619 to the governor of Virginia.

Flowerdew Town, as the entire site was called, became the second permanent and continuously occupied plantation after Jamestown. It marks the place where Gen. Ulysses S. Grant arrived after crossing the river during the Civil War.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/flowerdew.htm
Flowerdew was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 1, 1975 and the Virginia Landmarks Register on May 20, 1975. The plantation is no longer open to the public. However, four miles south of the plantation there is an historical marker. Artifacts recovered during archaeological investigations are on display at the University of Virginia Library. The Albert and Shirley Small Special Collections Library at the University of Virginia is located at 160 McCormick Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22904. For more information about the archaeology at Flowerdew please visit: Flowerdew Hundred Archaeology or call (434) 243-2390.  http://harrison.library.virginia.edu/flowerdew-hundred/

\ - - - -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_massacre_of_1622

New Governance

In 1618, after the death of Powhatan, his brother Opitchapam, a lame and quite old man, became paramount chief of the confederacy. Their youngest brother, Opchanacanough, was probably the effective leader, with his friend, war-chief and advisor Nemattanew, and both of them did not believe peaceful relations with the colonists could be maintained.

Perhaps in 1620-1621 Opitchapam retired or he was deposed (but possibly he died in 1630) and he was succeeded by his youngest brother, and Opchanacanough and Nemattanew began to predispose plans for the unavoidable war. Having recovered from their defeat commanding Pamunkey warriors during the First Anglo-Powhatan War, they planned to shock the English with an attack that would leave them contained in a small trading outpost, rather than expanding throughout the area with new plantations.[10]

in the spring of 1622, after a settler murdered his adviser Nemattanew, Opchanacanough launched a campaign of surprise attacks on at least 31 separate English settlements and plantations, mostly along the James River, extending as far as Henricus.
Jamestown forewarned

Jamestown was saved by the warning of an Indian youth living in the home of one of the colonists, Richard Pace. The Indian woke Pace and told him of the planned attack. Living across the river from Jamestown, Pace secured his family and rowed to the settlement to spread the alarm. Jamestown increased its defenses.

The name of the Indian who warned Pace is not recorded in any of the contemporary accounts. Although legend has named him "Chanco", this may be a misidentification. An Indian named "Chauco" is mentioned in a letter from the Virginia Council to the Virginia Company of London dated April 4, 1623. He is described not as a youth but as "one...who had lived much amongst the English, and by revealinge yt pl[ot] To divers vppon the day of Massacre, saued theire lives..."[11] "Chauco" may be the same person as "Chacrow", an Indian mentioned in a court record of 25 October 1624 as living with Lt Sharpe, Capt. William Powell, and Capt. William Peirce "in the tyme of Sir Thos Dale's government"—that is, before 1616.[12] It is possible that the older Indian, Chauco, and the youth who warned Richard Pace, have been conflated.[13]

Destruction of other settlements

During the one-day surprise attack, the Powhatan tribes attacked many of the smaller communities, including Henricus and its fledgling college for children of natives and settlers alike. At Martin's Hundred, they killed more than half the population of Wolstenholme Towne, where only two houses and a part of a church were left standing. In all, the Powhatan killed about four hundred colonists (a third of the white population) and took 20 women captive. The captives lived and worked as Powhatan Indians until their deaths or ransom. The settlers abandoned the Falling Creek Ironworks, Henricus and Smith's Hundred.

The English took revenge against the Powhatan by “the use of force, surprise attacks, famine resulting from the burning of their corn, destroying their boats, canoes, and houses, breaking their fishing weirs and assaulting them in their hunting expedition, pursuing them with horses and using bloodhounds to find them and mastiffs to seaze them, driving them to flee within reach of their enemies among other tribes, and ‘assimilating and abetting their enemies against them”.[17]

The 1622 massacre was used as a justification for ongoing seizure of Powhatan land by the colonists for the next ten years.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2017, 06:14:19 PM »

Offline Dude447

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2017, 07:12:02 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving Prison Planet Forum Forum members and visitors