Google Earth: Mysterious blacked-out area!!

Author Topic: Google Earth: Mysterious blacked-out area!!  (Read 20711 times)

Offline roWan99

Google Earth: Mysterious blacked-out area!!
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:50:09 pm »
My partner was checking out google earth in our area and noticed an spot way out in the woods that was "blacked out".  It is an almost perfect rectangle measuring approx 1/2 mile x 1/3 mile.  There was another area very near to the black rectangle that had several buildings with a fence around it.  There is a lot of logging that happens in this area.  Several of us went there today.  As we entered the unmarked, wide and nicely graveled road, there were warning signs about it being a private road and trucks should tune to cb channel 20 (we had no cb).  We passed through a gate that warned it could be locked at any time.    We pulled off onto one of the smaller roads (that lead into the blacked out area) to hide the car from the main road.  We then walked about 1/4 mile down the road which was very vehicle passable, although small.  Very dense woods on both sides.   We weren't terribly well-prepared to dash into the woods nor did we have anywhere to hide our car (there were fresh tracks going down this road even though it had been raining quite steadily).    We got a little spooked and did not proceed further down that road, while we were going back towards the car, a loud vehicle went by on the main road although it was not visible.    We backed out to the main road and kept going on into the area just outside the black rectangle.  After about another mile there appeared to be a large natural gas "station"...I'm not sure what it is called but it was large and quite intricate with buildings, fences and pipes.  This was the area of fenced in buildings visible from the satellite outside of the blacked-out area.    There were many "buried pipeline" markers about. 
Here is something else very weird: The satellite pictures showed these linear areas that seemed to be "small", artificial hills or something.  When viewed from ground level, they were precise wave-like patterns up to 10 meters high spaced out about 30-50 meters crest to crest.  They were devoid of vegetation but had detritus (old trees, stumps, branches, rocks) placed mostly on the top.  There were still lots of trees around them.  This is really difficult to explain what this looked like.  The lumps were as wide as an 8 lane freeway and we did not see the start, nor the end of them.  They were all around where we were driving while on the "private" road.  I was driving and did not get a really good look at them, but my partner was quite freak-out by the weirdness of it all.   
If the blacked-out area is to protect against "terrorism" aimed at the gas pipeline/gas facility, why wouldn't the whole facility be blacked-out?  The facility we saw had a lot of security fence and bright parking lot lights.  Unfortunately, we did not get too close nor spend too much time checking it out.   There are some very small back roads that approach the black-out rectangle from the other direction but we did not try to come from that side.  These may be old logging roads, it seems. There are a couple of other roads that we passed (leading into the black zone) but they were gated.  All of the roads were quite serpentine in nature.  However, from the satellite picture there is a "road" that is completely straight and wide, approx 1/3 mile long, located right beside the blacked-out spot.   We could not get to the straight portion without coming the back way or driving directly in front of the pipeline facility.   
This place is literally rural and quite forested.  The nearest town of any size is 20 miles away.

I think this trip was for recon.  We want to go back at night and hike into the blacked-out area.   I guess it would be difficult to take any pictures at night but darkness would provide good cover, of course. 

I would love to know if anyone has found anything like this on google earth.  As far as my partner has been poking around (which is a lot), he has not seen any other black spots like that, except in China.  Sometimes there are areas over water that are blacked-out, even angularly but this is different!   Also, if there are any places that are suspicious to you...check them out on google earth.  I am wondering if there are any FEMA camps visible from google earth or are the blacked-out like this , too?
The only constant is change.

Offline Flur

Re: Google Earth: Mysterious blacked-out area!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 12:15:45 am »
hmm.. definitely sounds like something shady.  any chance you could go back in daylight and get some pics/videos? 
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.  - 1 John 2:15

Offline roWan99

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 12:19:40 am »
We were in daylight, although a little rainy.  We got a few photos I haven't looked at yet.  We actually want to go back in the dark and explore in the area of the black-out rectangle.

fightbacknow

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2008, 12:32:42 am »
speculation here but...

I think probably a HAARP station. Using the NG for power?

Why don't you include a screenshot or a link to the area.

Offline roWan99

nofakenews

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2008, 12:42:38 am »

Image of all the known camps

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2008, 01:10:59 am »
Here is a screenshot. My sister lives in Portland but I fear she thinks I'm a complete conspiracy nut, so no help there.

What is the area just north of the "black rectangle" that looks like a complex of buildings?

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:38:18 am »
Shit just fly a plane overhead and take some photos.

I mean unless some f-16s tell you not to.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline roWan99

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 01:54:51 am »

What is the area just north of the "black rectangle" that looks like a complex of buildings?

That is the gas/pipeline "station":  Fenced-in buildings w/lots of pipes and well-lit...smells like natural gas.  From the road, you can only see very little of what is actually inside.  That is where we made a turn-around about 50 yards from the entrance.   I know my story is long and probably difficult to read and sort out what I am trying to convey.  I am more than happy to answer any questions.  We thought we would solve a mystery, but ended up with more questions. 

Offline california

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 03:10:17 am »

Great work RoWan...

Be careful

Not worth losing your life,  getting shot,  getting arrested on trumped up charges....

Makes no sense to black out google earth...  it's like ASKING for explorers to come recon the area.
Thank God we woke up.

Offline national732

• Wake up call...the republic has been stolen.
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 04:08:42 am »

Sometimes the existing pipeline right of way is used for fiber optic runs,  maybe a critical telecom switching
or hidden underground datacenter?  Keep an eye out for buldings that you would normally see at the base of
a cellphone tower, but with no tower around. 
Do you have enough food on hand to feed your family for a year?

" The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
                  - Carroll Quigley

Offline mark1975

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 04:22:58 am »
Not at the same site, but this blacked out area is accross the Alaska/Canada border.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=62.146259,-140.891418&spn=0.636499,2.801514&t=h&z=9

Anyone know what's there?

strgzr

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 05:22:21 am »
Not at the same site, but this blacked out area is accross the Alaska/Canada border.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=62.146259,-140.891418&spn=0.636499,2.801514&t=h&z=9

I don't know what's there but when I zoom in I can see terrain it's just very dark.

Offline Austyn

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2008, 06:58:32 am »

Set up a 24 hour camera with nightvision for night. Recon who goes in an out.

I'm assuming you already asked local authorities about it? Actually you probably have not, why?

Offline stangrof

• http://www.ipernity.com/home/stangrof
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2008, 08:12:25 am »
I am quite sure that the " real stuff " is in plain view and those black areas are there to stimulate your curiosity. You might watching the wrong places.
bye
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.
Oscar Wild
twitter :https://twitter.com/stangrof

strgzr

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 09:19:56 am »
I am quite sure that the " real stuff " is in plain view and those black areas are there to stimulate your curiosity. You might watching the wrong places.
bye

bye

Offline roWan99

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
Shit just fly a plane overhead and take some photos.

I mean unless some f-16s tell you not to.

Definitely would if I had the means.  Funny you mention F16s.  I did not include this in the original post as there was much to talk about.  While we were walking down the road into the black (where the car was hidden from the main road), there was a loud noise like a plane of some sorts (not a small one).  The noise started abruptly, lasted about 5-10 seconds then diminished swiftly.  The nearest airport of any good size I am aware of is 50 miles away.  I am sure there must be smaller airports around.

Offline gEEk squad

• You're World Delivered... to the NSA
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2008, 11:07:26 am »

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2008, 12:36:08 pm »
bye

It is rather funny that they did not use a more sophisticated method (like blurring, or just changing) of deception.

It does kind of draw the viewer to that area.
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline CaptBebops

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2008, 12:47:00 pm »
I seem to recall reading a number of tech stories (maybe because I live in the Bay Area where Google is) where institutions companies and government installations requested their facilities be blacked out.   I think even a few residents complained about their houses showing up on Google Streets.

Offline oshea.declan

• Infowars Ireland
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:31 pm »
There are over 600 prison camps in the United States, all fully operational and ready to receive prisoners. They are all staffed and even surrounded by full-time guards, but they are all empty. These camps are to be operated by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) should Martial Law need to be implemented in the United States.

Get Google Earth on and paste this in...
Code: [Select]
46 08 11.40 N 114 54 59.75 W

Then zoom out and look how remote it is!

Anyone worried?!

This IS a FEMA camp.

Its listed here:
http://www.flyingsnail.com/Dahbud/femaconcentrationcamps.html

IDAHO
Kooskia - 50 plus miles east, near Lolo Pass and Moose Creek, near a landing strip and a national forest. Unmanned.

ALASKA

Code: [Select]
62 08 03.30 N 141 10 43.03 W
Its either HAARP or the ULF repeater. Both extremely sensitive to the American military the latter moreso than the former. Mainly because if the people knew about it they would demand free wireless energy for everything. Currently it powers a Naval Super Carrier (unsure if there is anything else) which pretends to have a nuclear reactor onboard.

Offline onehundredmonkeys

• onehundredmonkeys
    • onehundredmonkeys
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2008, 01:26:01 pm »
Not being sure on the update of the images on Microsoft VIRTUAL EARTH
But that area is clear on their site....

Only 'strange thing' i see is a deadened path into the woods that is not on the GE version.
All it takes is, another monkey

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2008, 02:03:31 pm »
Not being sure on the update of the images on Microsoft VIRTUAL EARTH
But that area is clear on their site....

Only 'strange thing' i see is a deadened path into the woods that is not on the GE version.

can you post the image?

Offline bushido_aria

• SCMLA--So Cal Martial Law Alerts
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 02:23:58 pm »
Just took screen caps. Worked for me in Google Earth. The screen caps are below.

Closer view:

Additional features:

Notice the guard tower which is on the northwestern dot and the landing strip to the south.

Pardon my picture of the Midas Heritage 1000 in the bottom. I like my audio gear on my desktop. ;D
So Cal Martial Law Alerts -- SCMLA Broadcasting
"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."--Amidala, Star Wars III

Ephesians 6:12

Offline Dig

• Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 02:38:20 pm »
Looks like it would be a good CIA Drug running dropoff point.

Also looks like it would be real hard to run away from there if you were imprisoned.

Offline national732

• Wake up call...the republic has been stolen.
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 03:15:47 pm »
   FYI from wikipedia: 

NW Natural is Oregon’s largest natural gas utility. It serves customers in along the Oregon Coast, in the Willamette Valley, in the Columbia River Gorge, and in the Portland metropolitan area.[14] The company operates an underground natural gas storage facility near Mist, Oregon, in the Northern Oregon Coast Range utilizing depleted gas wells.[15] These former wells allow the company to purchase the gas when prices are lower and store until needed during peak consumption times during the winter.[15]

It looks like the neighborhood contains large depleted gas wells which are now used to store natural gas,
sort of like an underground gas tank of sorts.   Probably some type of national security issue.
I would think they would cover up the thing to the NW though.   ???

Instead I found a photo:

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2008/06/northwest_naturals_big_pipes_b.html

Do you have enough food on hand to feed your family for a year?

" The two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shift in policy."
                  - Carroll Quigley

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2008, 03:46:08 pm »
   FYI from wikipedia: 

It looks like the neighborhood contains large depleted gas wells which are now used to store natural gas,
sort of like an underground gas tank of sorts.   Probably some type of national security issue.
I would think they would cover up the thing to the NW though.   ???

Instead I found a photo:

http://www.oregonlive.com/environment/index.ssf/2008/06/northwest_naturals_big_pipes_b.html

Good find!

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline L2Design

• GOT GLOCK
    • Graphic Design/Printing
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2008, 04:07:24 pm »
It is rather funny that they did not use a more sophisticated method (like blurring, or just changing) of deception.

It does kind of draw the viewer to that area.

YAH EXACTLY! those idiots could have just put trees instead of a black box...

Offline onehundredmonkeys

• onehundredmonkeys
    • onehundredmonkeys
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 04:10:04 pm »
can you post the image?

Here ya go: This is in the area of MIST

It could just be a 'Woodstock' in the original way. i.e. a clearing in the Forrest for purpose of storage of lumber?
All it takes is, another monkey

Offline WarChest

• I lift their veil of ignorance and see the truth
    • http://www.myspace.com/warchest_nc
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2008, 04:30:37 pm »
Check this out before it is taken down. Somebody will if it is not permitted.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=46.0068885&lon=-123.2606363&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2
If a man were to know at the end of this days business there would come. But, it suffices to know that that the day will end and the end  be known.
If we meet again well then we’ll smile and if not, well then this parting was well made.
Col. Jason Rhodes USMC

Offline Sundosia

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 05:53:15 pm »
It's boxed out, I hope you did the intelligent thing and saved a screenshot, or left the tab opened, or somehow saved it.
I'll be posting every week on the forums, unless I state otherwise.

Offline roWan99

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2008, 06:16:16 pm »
Check this out before it is taken down. Somebody will if it is not permitted.

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=46.0068885&lon=-123.2606363&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2

What is Mell's Hole??
I would also like to know when the Microsoft Virtual Earth images were obtained. 
BTW, our photos show pretty much what the Oregonian link photo shows, only with an unmarked building.

Offline WarChest

• I lift their veil of ignorance and see the truth
    • http://www.myspace.com/warchest_nc
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2008, 07:22:36 pm »

What is Mell's Hole??
I would also like to know when the Microsoft Virtual Earth images were obtained. 
BTW, our photos show pretty much what the Oregonian link photo shows, only with an unmarked building.

Sorry, it is from a Coast to Coast show featuring Mel Waters.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel's_Hole
http://melshole.org/

If a man were to know at the end of this days business there would come. But, it suffices to know that that the day will end and the end  be known.
If we meet again well then we’ll smile and if not, well then this parting was well made.
Col. Jason Rhodes USMC

Offline MTCraig

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2008, 08:50:18 pm »
 I try to paste this link. I can not say how long it will work. May or may not help with your recon http://terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&Z=10&X=2396&Y=25475&W=3&qs=%7cportland%7coregon%7c

Offline 70983

• http://www.conspiracyshirts.com/
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2008, 09:51:08 pm »

How do you get the URL from the exact position on the earth that you have it focused?  It just says maps.google.com in my browser

If i someone could tell me how to get the URL i'll post two camps here in GA that are identical, but in different spots
Ray McBerry for Governor of Georgia in 2010!  Reclaim the sovereignty of the States!

http://www.georgiafirst.org

Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMcBerry

He has many informative videos advocating his candidacy.

Offline 70983

• http://www.conspiracyshirts.com/
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
Also i think i'm going to try and get some phone #'s from these camps, after all they are all fully staffed, but have no prisoners

I will inquire them as to the nature of their little summer fun camp.   :-\
Ray McBerry for Governor of Georgia in 2010!  Reclaim the sovereignty of the States!

http://www.georgiafirst.org

Youtube Channel:  http://www.youtube.com/user/RayMcBerry

He has many informative videos advocating his candidacy.

Offline roWan99

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2008, 10:53:16 pm »
How do you get the URL from the exact position on the earth that you have it focused?  It just says maps.google.com in my browser

If i someone could tell me how to get the URL i'll post two camps here in GA that are identical, but in different spots

Go to the new edition of Google Earth.  Whatever location you are on, click on the google maps icon (far right icon). 

Offline bushido_aria

• SCMLA--So Cal Martial Law Alerts
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2008, 01:45:13 am »
Here's the URL: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=46.1365,-114.9166&z=15&t=h&hl=en

Sorry this took so long. Email backlog. lol.
So Cal Martial Law Alerts -- SCMLA Broadcasting
"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."--Amidala, Star Wars III

Ephesians 6:12