Canadian Pain

Author Topic: Canadian Pain  (Read 2371 times)

Librium

Canadian Pain
« on: October 09, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
Hi all, I just wanted to get an idea of when you guys think us Canadians will start feeling the pinch as much as you Americans and the rest of the world.

My parents are oblivious, and think I'm crazy for telling them that they might want to start keeping some cash on hand and investing in gold.

Offline heavyhebrew

• Laughter is the best medicine.
Re: Canadian Pain
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »
No one likes to contemplate disaster. And for those who have woven a thick fabric of convenience and comfort, like insulation, it is that much harder.

Good luck. Be proactive and prepare for them. Filial piety is worth its weight in gold.
We work jobs we hate to pay for stuff we don't need to impress people we don't like. Am I the crazy one here?

Offline johnnyoi

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 07:29:37 PM »
As a canadian, I'd say a lot of people up here are as oblivious to the whole situation.  There is as much an effort to wake people up going on here as well as in the states.  Our political parties are the same crap as the democrats/repulbicans(if you want to call them that).  In my opinion, the more things will shift the more people will see, but inherently some will go along with it.  At one point people will have to make the choice, let's just hope with education and vigilance that it will be the right one.

Librium

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 08:18:57 PM »
Thank you for the replies. Much Appreciated.