PrisonPlanet Forum
July 28, 2014, 10:25:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BOHEMIAN GROVE PICTURES MASTER THREAD  (Read 201039 times)
menace

« on: August 13, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

I guest I will post these here in  General Discussion....

karlmarx

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 10:45:07 AM »

The fifth one where they do the owl hand thing is a bit spooky. Its all real aint it  Roll Eyes

menace

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 01:26:24 PM »

karlmarx

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 01:32:57 PM »

That's real nice

justitia

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 02:50:56 PM »

Menace:  Can you identify these three men?

I've read on other sites about the pink ties and the "horn hands."

This hand gesture is prevalent if you look closely.  At first, it was
common to see it used by rock musicians, then mimicked by their fans.  You can spot the hand gestures in TV commercials now.

Good pics, too, very clear.

Many hear, but few listen.
TruthgoneWild

Patriots are not terrorists

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 03:37:05 PM »

I see they're throwing the 'we're anti-american' gang sign.

Punk ass bitches.
zlater

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 03:43:19 PM »

are those yellow flowers plastic?  Huh

Those pics make my costumephobia twice as bad. brrrr... *shivers*
jannerbob

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 06:20:45 PM »

common to see it used by rock musicians, then mimicked by their fans.  You can spot the hand gestures in TV commercials now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWzA8-psm8&mode=related&search=

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm
Horatio_Bunce

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 06:24:06 PM »

The one dude is actually too dumb to give the proper hand sign, he's saying "I Love You."

This is like BG Kindergarten round up, no?
justitia

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »

Thanks for the links, Janner.  I'll check them out. Wink

FrankieP
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 07:42:37 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWzA8-psm8&mode=related&search=

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Wicca%20&%20Witchcraft/signs_of_satan.htm

there's some good information and pictures in the bottom link, but i couldnt help but notice whats in big red writing at the very top of their homepage...

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/

*oh yeah, great post menace!!! if you have more, you need to post em, k?*
menace

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:18:11 AM »

Lazaraki

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 08:22:49 AM »

homos

“He who rules his spirit has won a greater victory than the taking of a city.”

“The kingdom of God is within you.”
FrankieP
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »

woah! menace, good job buddy! how did you come by these photos? in any case, keep em' coming!!!
STEALTH

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »

They look like wild homo's.

The guy in the middle is saying 'These 2 bitches are mine'.

Cherie

Rothscum = Eco-hypocrite

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:53:20 AM »

Are they the gay prostitutes that they have bused in?  Is that what the flower signifies?
zlater

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 09:46:28 AM »

wish someone loosened the bolts for that church bell..
Rufus Shinra

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 10:05:12 AM »

I was actually thinking the exact same thing before seeing your reply.

Empire of the City -- Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

Please take your time to watch Part 1 and Part 2... it's very informative.
karlmarx

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 10:43:08 AM »

they look like detached brainwashed rich kids. I think Bohemian grove is just another compartamentalisation cell, gifted economists etc all enclosed and separated from the rest of society and fed like a mushroom to program them for precise agendas.

zlater

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 11:44:26 AM »

I was actually thinking the exact same thing before seeing your reply.

i kinda had that feeling that many others would have thought it too Tongue
just had to say it out loud.
nice that people think alike..  Cool
FrankieP
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2007, 03:57:47 PM »

the third picture in the first post is just creepy!!! the clothes, henry kissenger....its just creepy...
David Rothscum

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2007, 04:23:54 PM »

Those are some great pictures, especially the group photo with Kissinger.

Here's another Bohemian Grove picture of Henry Kissinger. When Henry's not busy committing war crimes, he likes to wear women's clothing with his fellow psychopaths at the Bohemian Club.
STEALTH

« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2007, 03:40:40 AM »

LOL Kissinger look like he aint got a care in the world.

menace

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2007, 06:35:44 AM »

A photo Clint Eastwood,Tim Hachman and Bob Ferguson at 1987 Encampment inside the Bohemian Grove, the photo is from THE ANNALS OF THE BOHEMIAN CLUB  VOLUME VI: 1973-1987

Cherie

Rothscum = Eco-hypocrite

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2007, 07:02:02 AM »

Found this on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/330-Vintage-Weird-1920-s-Bohemian-Grove-Odd-Photos-CD_W0QQitemZ200142093817QQihZ010QQcategoryZ403QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bohemian-Grove-Club-medallion-1997-Rare_W0QQitemZ150150417457QQihZ005QQcategoryZ403QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bohemian-Grove-Owl-bronze-1971-centennial_W0QQitemZ150150416838QQihZ005QQcategoryZ403QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/BOHEMIAN-GROVE-THE-UPLIFTERS-NOTEPAD-SAN-FRANCISCO_W0QQitemZ200123407816QQihZ010QQcategoryZ403QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/1973-RAILS-AROUND-THE-BOHEMIAN-GROVE-by-DAVID-F-MYRICK_W0QQitemZ200111298349QQihZ010QQcategoryZ403QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Call-It-Frisco-The-Centennial-Low-Jinks-by-Richard-K_W0QQitemZ110116334408QQihZ001QQcategoryZ268QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
strgzr
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

This is what can happen to rich kids with too much time on their hands.
Rogue

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »

That's because they sacrificed Care on the alter of the Owl. Now they can act like baboons, because they have "no" care, at least for the time they are at the Grove.

(I apologize to baboons everywhere for that statement)

~ "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1918~
jannerbob

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2007, 01:33:32 PM »

Cremation of care ceremony!

Priest 1: The owl is in his leafy temple, let within this grove be reverend before him. Lift up your heads oh ye trees and be lifted up ye everlasting spires; for behold! Here is bohemia's shrine and holy are the pillars of his house.

Weaving spiders come not here!

Priest 2: Hail Bohemians! With the ripple of waters, the song of birds, such music as inspires the sinking soul do we invite you into mid-summer's joy. The sky above is blue and sown with stars. The forest floor is heaped with fragrant grit. The evenings cool kiss is yours. The campfires slow. The birth of rosy fingered dawn. Shake off your sorrows with the city's dust and cast to the winds the cares of life. But memories bring back the well-loved names of gallant friends who knew and loved this grove. Dear, boon companions of the long ago.

Aye! Let them join us in this ritual and not a place be empty in our midst.

All of his battles to hold in this gray autumn of the world or in the springtime of your heart. Attend our tale. Gather ye forest folk and cast your spell over these mortals. Touch their world-blind eyes with carrion. Open their eyes to fancy.

Follow the memories of yesterday and seal the gates of sorrow.

It is a dream, and, yet, not all a dream. Dull care and all of his works harbored it. As vanished Babylon and goodly Tyre. So shall they also vanish. But the wilding rose blows in the broken battlement of Tyre and moss rends the stones of Babylon. For beauty is eternal and we bow to beauty everlasting. For lasting happiness, we turn to one alone. As she surrounds you now, great nature, refuge of the weary heart. And only found her breasts that had been bruised. She has cool hands for every fevered brow and dreadless silence for the troubled soul. Her councils are most wise. She healeth well having such ministries as calm and sleep. She is ever faithful. Other friends may fail, but seek ye her in any quiet place smiling, she will rise and give to you her kiss. So must ye come as children. Little children that believe don't ever doubt her beauty and her faith, nor deem her tenderness can change or die.

Priest 1: Bohemians and priests. The desperate call of heavy hearts is answered. By the power of your fellowship, dull care is slain. His body has been brought yonder to our funeral pyre to the joyous pipings of a funeral march. Our funeral pyre awaits the corpse of care.

Priest 2: Oh thou, thus ferried across the shadowy tide in all the ancient majesty of death. Dull care, ardent enemy of beauty. Not for thee the [garbled] forgiveness of the restful grave. Fire shall have its way with thee and all the winds make merry with thy dust. Bring Fire!

Dull Care: (Laughter) Fools! Fools! Fools! When will you learn that me ye cannot slay? Year after year ye burn me in this grove. Lifting your puny shouts of triumph to the stars. When again ye turn your faces to the marketplace, do ye not find me waiting as of old? Fools! Fools! Fools to dream ye conquer care!

Priest 2: Say thous mocking spirit. It is not all a dream. We know thous waitest for us. When this our sylvan holiday has ended, we shall meet thee and fight thee as of old and some of us prevail against thee and some thou shalt destroy. But, this do we know. Year after year, within this happy grove, our fellowship bans the for a space. Thine malevolence which would pursue us here has lost its power under these friendly trees. So shall we burn thee once again this night and with the flames that eat thine effigy we shall read the sign. Mid-summer sets us free!

Dull Care: Ye shall burn me once again?(Laughter) Not with these flames which hither ye have brought from regions where I reign. Ye fools and priests. I spit upon your fire!

Priest 2: Oh Owl! Prince of all mortal wisdom, Owl of Bohemia, we beseech thee, grant us thy council.

Song Lyrics (owl): No fire! No fire! No fire! Unless it be kindled in the world where care is nourished on the hates of men and drive him from this grove. One flame alone must light this fire. One flame alone must light this fire. A pure eternal flame. A pure eternal flame. At last within the lamp of fellowship upon the altar of Bohemia.

Priest 2: Oh great Owl of Bohemia. We thank thee for thy adoration. Be gone detested care! Be gone! Once more, we banish thee! Be gone Dull Care! Fire shall have its way will of thee. Be gone Dull Care and all the winds make merry with thy dust! Hail fellowship's eternal flame! Once again, mid-summer sets us free!

Dull Care: (Agonizing scream as altar is lit on fire)

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Vman

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2007, 01:34:02 PM »

That's because they sacrificed Care on the alter of the Owl. Now they can act like baboons, because they have "no" care, at least for the time they are at the Grove.

(I apologize to baboons everywhere for that statement)
LOL  Cheesy you killed me with that thing.

8:31. Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
8:32. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
--Gospel by John - New Testament--
NotSure
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2007, 02:05:29 PM »

wow! keep the pics coming.

That is NOT a photoshopped Molloch.
gabriella422001

« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2007, 02:16:43 PM »

of all the weird stuff on this conspiracy site, this bohemian grove stuff makes me think something is really wrong the MOSt.  weird stuff, and anybody involved with it has to have something wrong with them.
Amishism

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2007, 05:50:59 PM »

There is a statue of the Club's Patron Saint John of Nepomuk, so, the Bohemian Satanic Club is Catholic!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove#Symbolism_and_rituals

The statue can also be seen in this video of the Bohemian Grove from an ABC news report blowing the lid off the place in 1981. 4min
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1312392966306512397

Red/Black mass at the grove
http://www.jonesreport.com/images/I0039787A_lg.jpg

This link shows how the owl could be Lilith a synonim for Lucifer.
Bohemian Grove Exposed!

While we are on the topic of black masses:
ALL Skull n Bones are Papal Knights of Eulogia
"It is perhaps worth noting, in light of George W.'s controversial episode at Bob Jones University and the specter of anti-Catholicism, that at one point in the proceedings every initiate kisses the slippered toe of the "Pope." At last the initiate is formally dubbed a Knight of Eulogia."
http://www.prisonplanet.com/george_w_knight_of_eulogia_2.html
justitia

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2007, 08:40:42 PM »

Thanks Janner and FrankieP for the links. 

I checked them out and I was totally shocked when I read about the
country artists who are "members of the club," as I call them.

Because I am a big country music fan, I would have been skeptical had I not seen Kenny Chesney flash the horns right there on his televised
concert performance.  Once again, I saw Big and Rich appear on another televised country program.  How's this for creepy:  A young girl they invited to play fiddle with them on stage flashed the horns and they remarked about that, yet they seemed a little uncomfortable.  This kid was really bold and had a look in her eye that said "I'm with you."

After I saw Chesney display the horns I threw out the cassette I had of his music.  I also threw out Alan Jackson (that was a big surprise too)
Tim McGraw was relegated to the round file as well.

At least my favorites, Brooks & Dunn are not members, so there is some hope! Grin

SpikeTimmons

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 03:02:25 AM »

Very good,
   Speaking of hand gestures. The one guy is giving the sign language symbol for I love you.

Danceswithganja

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 05:22:49 AM »

There is a statue of the Club's Patron Saint John of Nepomuk, so, the Bohemian Satanic Club is Catholic!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bohemian_Grove#Symbolism_and_rituals

The statue can also be seen in this video of the Bohemian Grove from an ABC news report blowing the lid off the place in 1981. 4min
http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=1312392966306512397

Red/Black mass at the grove
http://www.jonesreport.com/images/I0039787A_lg.jpg

This link shows how the owl could be Lilith a synonim for Lucifer.
Bohemian Grove Exposed!

While we are on the topic of black masses:
ALL Skull n Bones are Papal Knights of Eulogia
"It is perhaps worth noting, in light of George W.'s controversial episode at Bob Jones University and the specter of anti-Catholicism, that at one point in the proceedings every initiate kisses the slippered toe of the "Pope." At last the initiate is formally dubbed a Knight of Eulogia."
http://www.prisonplanet.com/george_w_knight_of_eulogia_2.html

I wonder why Alex never mentions John of Nepomuk and why he repeatedly and incorrectly calls the owl Molech.
Rogue

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2007, 12:45:21 AM »

Can someone tell me, or link to a site that explains what the pink ties mean? Thanks.

~ "To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
Theodore Roosevelt, 1918~
menace

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2007, 01:52:05 AM »

Some new photo's, that were taking recently from the Bohemian Grove.I know some of them  might seem like they have not, but they were...

menace

« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2007, 07:54:19 AM »

Elmer Edwin Rasmuson member of the Bohemian Club, stands dressed as a torchbearer during a ceremony performed at the annual encampment at Bohemian Grove 1992. He's the older man  with the glasses.

some back ground info on him. this news if from December 3, 2000

Elmer Rasmuson, patriarch of the state's largest bank and modern Alaska's biggest philanthropist, died Friday night in a Seattle hospital. He was 91 years old.

Rasmuson succumbed to congestive heart failure, likely brought on by the aftermath of gallbladder surgery several weeks ago, said his son Edward.

His wife, Mary Louise, and three children were at his bedside at the Virginia Mason Clinic. A funeral is tentatively planned for 3 p.m. Friday at the First Presbyterian Church on 10th Avenue.

Rasmuson, who began life as the son of missionary immigrants, leaves a personal fortune estimated at more than $400 million, all of it earmarked for charity, his son said.

From relatively early in his life, Rasmuson used his money to support arts and education throughout the state, most notably the University of Alaska, where he served as a regent from 1950 to 1969, and museums in Anchorage and Fairbanks

http://www.rasmuson.org/index.php?switch=viewpage&pageid=29

menace

« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2007, 05:38:54 PM »

some more of the new one's.

menace

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2007, 01:08:13 AM »

an news report about the Bohemian Grove,,

If you want to understand why George W. Bush and his political allies were so confident they could get away with manipulating information to dupe the American people into war in Iraq, a good place to start might be to look at this photo of 16 men posing for a group shot in front of the Parsonage cottage at the Bohemian Grove on the last weekend of July 1980

the photo among unpublished documents of a congressional investigation into the so-called October Surprise case, accusations that George H.W. Bush and other Republicans sabotaged President Jimmy Carter during the 1980 campaign by going behind his back and secretly negotiating with Iran’s Islamic government as it held 52 Americans hostage.

The congressional probe took place in 1992 when George H.W. Bush was still president and his Republican supporters – aided by neoconservatives in the Washington press corps – were determined to demonize the October Surprise suspicions before they could destroy the legitimacy of the Reagan and Bush presidencies.

Central to the debunking was the creation of alibis for key Republican players on dates when various witnesses placed them at meetings with Iranian representatives.

One alibi proved particularly important for the Reagan-Bush supporters determined to transform the October Surprise probe into a laughable “conspiracy theory.” That alibi was for the whereabouts of Reagan’s late campaign chief William J. Casey on the last weekend of July 1980, when Iranian businessman Jamshid Hashemi placed Casey at a meeting in Madrid with senior Iranian cleric Mehdi Karrubi.

New Republic Role

In fall 1991, the New Republic, a magazine then dominated by neoconservatives, announced that it had proved the October Surprise charges to be a myth by establishing an alibi for Casey on that last weekend of July. The article, co-authored by supposed Islamic terrorism expert Steven Emerson, put Casey at a historical conference in London, leaving him inadequate time for a side trip to Madrid.

The New Republic’s London alibi was quickly cited by others in journalism and politics as proof the October Surprise allegations were bogus. So, when the House commissioned a task force in late 1991 to investigate the October Surprise case, the task seemed more the documentation of a hoax rather than testing out whether the charges might actually be true.

The Republicans were pleased that the Democrats named Rep. Lee Hamilton, D-Ind., known as an accommodating consensus-builder – not a hardnosed investigator – to lead the task force. Hamilton picked former federal prosecutor Lawrence Barcella – who was a close associate of several suspects in the October Surprise case – as the chief counsel
Collapsed Alibi

Though the October Surprise case was supposedly a hoax, the task force conducted its probe amid utmost secrecy. Even congressmen assigned to the task force complained that they were allowed access to the evidence only under tight restrictions.

Because of the secrecy and the dominant anti-October Surprise conventional wisdom, the press devoted little attention to what the task force might actually be discovering. So there was little notice in Washington when the New Republic’s London alibi collapsed.

It turned out that historian Robert Dallek and other Americans who had been with Casey at the London conference remembered that the Republican campaign chief had missed the morning session on Monday, July 28, instead arriving late in the afternoon. Casey’s belated arrival meant that a possible side trip to Madrid could no longer be ruled out.

The collapse of the London alibi set off a minor panic within the House task force, which had been busily preparing to bury the October Surprise allegations once and for all. To fix the problem, the task force substituted a new alibi for the discredited London alibi.

So, the revised task force’s chronology acknowledged that Casey had arrived late for the London conference but still precluded the Madrid trip by claiming that Casey had spent the previous weekend at the Bohemian Grove, an exclusive men’s resort in northern California, and flew all Sunday night from San Francisco, arriving on Monday at mid-day London time. That again left no time for a Madrid side trip.

Contradictory Evidence

The task force adopted this Bohemian Grove alibi even though the documentary evidence showed that Casey actually had attended the Grove on the first weekend of August and could not have gone on the last weekend in July.

The evidence established the following: In the summer of 1980, Casey’s host, Darrell Trent, recalled traveling with Casey from Los Angeles to San Francisco and then to the Grove, but Trent wasn’t sure which weekend. Grove financial records, however, showed that Trent was at the Grove on Friday, July 25, while Casey was still engaged in campaign business back in the Washington, D.C., area.

There was also no evidence that Casey flew to the West Coast that weekend. Indeed, the House task force found a receipt showing that Casey had flown on the Washington-to-New York shuttle that Friday. Casey’s calendar also showed a meeting on Saturday morning, July 26, with a right-to-life activist, who said she met with Casey at his home in Roslyn Harbor, N.Y.

Other records made clear that Casey did go to the Bohemian Grove the following weekend. According to Republican campaign records, Casey traveled to Los Angeles on Aug. 1, 1980, and met Darrell Trent at a campaign strategy meeting. By that evening, Grove financial records documented Casey and Trent making purchases at the Grove.

In addition, there was a diary entry from Matthew McGowan, one of the Grove members at the Parsonage cottage. He wrote on Aug. 3, 1980, that “we had Bill Casey, Gov. Reagan's campaign mgr., as our guest this last weekend.”

Debunking Momentum

But the momentum for clearing Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush remained strong. So the task force countered with its own documentary proof to salvage the Bohemian Grove alibi.

The task force noted that a nonstop flight did leave San Francisco for London on Sunday, July 27. The task force even published the flight schedule in its final report, although there was no evidence that Casey was actually onboard.

The task force also observed that Republican foreign policy adviser Richard Allen had written down Casey’s home phone number on a piece of paper on Aug. 2, 1980. Though Allen testified that he had no recollection of reaching Casey at his Long Island home that day, the task force concluded that Allen’s act of writing down Casey’s home number proved Casey could not have been at the Bohemian Grove the first weekend of August and thus must have been there on the last weekend of July.

This investigative logic left one task force member, Rep. Mervyn Dymally, scratching his head. The California Democrat, who was retiring from Congress in 1993, tried to submit a dissent, which argued that “just because phones ring and planes fly doesn’t mean that someone is there to answer the phone or is on the plane.”

But Dymally's reasonable observation was fiercely opposed by task force chief counsel Barcella, who enlisted task force chairman Hamilton to pressure Dymally into withdrawing the dissent.

If the dissent were not pulled, Barcella and Hamilton threatened to denounce Dymally for missing task force meetings and for not having his staff aide cleared to review all the classified material. Hamilton warned Dymally, who was retiring from Congress, that he [Hamilton] would “come down hard” on Dymally.

The next day, Hamilton fired all the staffers who had worked on Dymally's Africa subcommittee. Seeing the firings as retribution (though Hamilton denied a connection), Dymally relented and withdrew the dissent, which was never made public.

The task force then proceeded with its long-planned debunking of the October Surprise suspicions, with the Bohemian Grove alibi slipped in, replacing the London alibi.

Gleeful Debunking

After the task force report was issued in January 1993, Hamilton penned an Op-Ed article for the New York Times, entitled “Case Closed.” It cited supposedly solid Casey alibis as key reasons why the task force findings “should put the controversy to rest once and for all.” [NYT, Jan. 24, 1993.]

Rep. Henry Hyde, the task force’s ranking Republican, went to the House floor and castigated anyone who had ever suspected skullduggery by the Reagan-Bush campaign.

In a gleeful House colloquy, Hyde, a white-haired rotund Republican from Illinois, did acknowledge some weakness in the House task force findings. Casey’s 1980 passport had disappeared, as had key pages of his calendar, Hyde admitted.

Hyde noted, too, that the chief of French intelligence, Alexandre deMarenches, had told his biographer that Casey, while Ronald Reagan’s campaign director, did hold hostage talks with the Iranians in Paris in October 1980. Several French intelligence officials had corroborated that assertion, Hyde said.

But Hyde insisted that the October Surprise allegations had been proven false. “We were able to locate [Casey’s] whereabouts with virtual certainty” on the dates when he allegedly met with Iranians in Europe to discuss the hostages, Hyde said.

By joining in that conclusion, Hamilton helped the House avoid a nasty partisan clash over alleged dirty dealings by the Reagan-Bush campaign 12 years earlier. The Bohemian Grove alibi had served its purpose.

Hidden Evidence

To that bipartisan end, the House task force kept hidden another piece of documentary evidence that didn’t fit with the final report. It was the group photo taken of the inhabitants of the Parsonage cottage on the last weekend of July 1980.

I found the photo when I gained access to many of the task force’s unpublished files, which had been boxed up and left behind in a storage room off the Rayburn House parking garage. The photo showed Casey’s host Darrell Trent among the group of 16 members and guests, but the tall and balding Casey was not there.

So the photo – which would seem to have corroborated the already overwhelming evidence that Casey was not at the Bohemian Grove the last weekend of July 1980 – just disappeared from the official history.

[To view the Bohemian Grove photo as a JPEG, click here or as a PDF, click here. For a 1996 Consortiumnews.com story about how the search for Bill Casey’s whereabouts had turned into a real-life “where’s Waldo?” game, click on “Where Was Bill Casey?” For more on Hyde’s speech, see Consortiumnews.com's “Lies Spun into History.”]

Prelude to Iraq

The larger significance of the unpublished Bohemian Grove photo and the success of the implausible Casey alibis was to show how easy it was to manipulate information when defending the reputation of the Bush family or serving neoconservative political ends.

Given the growing power of the conservative news media to set the Washington agenda and the eagerness of mainstream journalists to avoid the career-threatening “liberal” label, news increasingly went through a filter that blocked out information that was damaging to the Right and let through what was advantageous.

That Republican lesson, which was reinforced throughout the containment of the Iran-Contra investigations in the late 1980s and early 1990s, was well learned. Negative information could be aggressively challenged and the witnesses disparaged, while favorable information could be confidently enshrined as truth.

When the Bush family and the neoconservatives were back in power in 2001, the same rules applied. Favored evidence – no matter how dubious – was accepted as true. Counter evidence – no matter how persuasive – was cast aside.

The buildup to the Iraq War became another case study of how this dynamic worked. Dubious evidence about weapons of mass destruction was embraced, while doubts expressed by WMD skeptics were spurned.

Though Democrats such as Hamilton may have felt that the battle over historical fact wasn’t important enough for a nasty fight in 1992-93, the consequence of not battling for reality then has proven disastrous for the nation now – and especially for the American military.

As the U.S. military death toll in Iraq reaches 1,600, the notion that somehow facts and reason don’t much matter has become a misjudgment bathed in blood.

http://www.consortiumnews.com/2005/050905.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: