Fight censorship by going live on AM Radio! Get Alex on air in your town now!

Author Topic: Fight censorship by going live on AM Radio! Get Alex on air in your town now!  (Read 41825 times)

Offline pikeaero

• Get a micro AM transmitter to broadcast Alex Jones
    • Pike Aero
Here's Canada's RSS-210 regarding license exemption:

http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/smt-gst.nsf/vwapj/rss210e.pdf/$FILE/rss210e.pdf

For micro power AM, see Annex A2.2, very similar to FCC regulatons.

--pikeaero
Get a micro AM transmitter to broadcast Alex Jones

Offline Bill Bruford

• Low Power AM - Rebroadcast Alex in your town
Thanks, will call Gerry.

I'll also be paying a visit to Industry Canada as well as visiting a local "low power" AM religious station to get some input from them on what sort of hoops that had to jump through. My unconfirmed understanding is that it is possible to get a "low power" (< 50 watts) broadcasting license which might just turn out to be perfect for me. There are very few AM stations here in Sudbury, so should not be too difficult, I should think.

Meanwhile the AM-25 is doing great getting 1/4 mi. (.4 Km) coverage reliably.

--pikeaero

Just a quick note - in the USA there exists no Low Power AM licensing lan at the moment. there was a FM one but has been halted by the FCC. There is currently a request for a bill for low power AM but also at this time NO licenses are being ussued for AM. So if you find a fairly clear channel (freq - generally above 1610) you wont have to worry about any new stations jumping in there anytime soon..

Also - I would like to make a suggestion that in general we should declare some frequency as the Truth Frequency. As 1640 is only used in a few areas - San Fransisco, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Gulfport MS. So if you do have 1640 occupied 1670 isnt entirely bad. Everything below 1600 is tough as stations operate at much higher power levels. There is a Graveyard band of frequencies which are limited to 1KW but there are so many it's crowded but if it's clear you may choose one of these 1340, 1400, 1450 and 1490 kHz - again these are the graveyard frequencies. But the nature of the part 15 rules allowing for a short 10 foot antenna your really better off on the high frequencies.
1640AM Microbrodcast transmitter systems to get Alex on the radio in your area.

Offline pikeaero

• Pike Aero
Just a quick note - in the USA there exists no Low Power AM licensing lan at the moment. there was a FM one but has been halted by the FCC. There is currently a request for a bill for low power AM but also at this time NO licenses are being ussued for AM. So if you find a fairly clear channel (freq - generally above 1610) you wont have to worry about any new stations jumping in there anytime soon..

Also - I would like to make a suggestion that in general we should declare some frequency as the Truth Frequency. As 1640 is only used in a few areas - San Fransisco, Oklahoma City, Milwaukee, Gulfport MS. So if you do have 1640 occupied 1670 isnt entirely bad. Everything below 1600 is tough as stations operate at much higher power levels. There is a Graveyard band of frequencies which are limited to 1KW but there are so many it's crowded but if it's clear you may choose one of these 1340, 1400, 1450 and 1490 kHz - again these are the graveyard frequencies. But the nature of the part 15 rules allowing for a short 10 foot antenna your really better off on the high frequencies.

1640 kHz does not work with me due to another station over powering me at night, that's why I moved up to 1680 kHz.

When you say "Low power" do you mean FCC part 15?

In Canada that's "very low power" (PSS-210 A2.2), whereas "low power" is defined as:

Low-power AM is an undertaking with a transmitter power of less than 100 watts in the 525 - 1705 kHz band. Low-power FM is an undertaking with a maximum Effective Radiated Power (ERP) of 50 watts and transmitting antenna height of 60 metres in the 88 - 108 MHz band. per http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/forms/efiles/f114.htm in which case a license is required, and I will attempt to acquire such a license.

Here for related documents:

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/forms/reldocs/reldoc114.htm
http://www.crtc.gc.ca/archive/ENG/Notices/2000/PB2000-13.HTM
http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/ShowFullDoc/cr/SOR-86-982///en

I've been having a bit of a look at the Procaster http://www.chezradio.com/m_28.asp

At first glance, it seems a bit expensive, but then when you consider you don't have to fabricate or acquire very much else to get up and running, suddenly it's pretty attractive. It's pretty much bolt-on and go. It's much better for those less technically inclined.

With the Ramsey AM-25, I've had to fabricate everything outside of the transmitter itself.

Yeah, I'd say if we do any kind of bulk purchases for the AM band, we should go with the Procaster.

--pikeaero

Offline pikeaero

• Pike Aero
Just tweeked up my Ramsey AM-25 a bit.

I was feeling that I was not getting as much modulation as I should before it begins to distort, so I sat down with the schematic and it became immediately clear where to look.

The power supply is unregulated DC from a wall wart. The audio modulation output transistor is biased at approximately half of the supply voltage to put the modulator transistor in it's linear region. The RF output is high-level modulated. This puts this particular transistor in a sensitive position with respect to supply voltage vs. bias vs. modulation quality. The Ramsey manual says to adjust the bias to exactly 7.1 VDC, presumably that assumes you have exactly a 14.2 VDC supply.  Well, I'm sitting at 15.2 VCD or so on the supply.

So what I did was, I put the scope on the modulator output with a 1 kHz sine wave at the audio input and adjusted the bias so that as I begin to over drive the audio input to the point where both the tops and bottoms of the audio modulation start to clip at the same time, indicating that my bias is centered for maximum modulation. That turned out to be something like 7.455 volts. So the manual really just gives you a starting point, this is really a critical adjustment if you want to get maximum performance.

http://www.sudburychange.org/index.php/faq/31-general/54-am-25-rf-output-with-1khz-sine-wave-audio-saturated-p-p.html

I'm seeing better performance now, and a much better sound quality.

I think the Ramsey AM-25 could really benefit from a regulated power supply (I will be remedying that using one of my boost/buck switchers http://www.pikeaero.com/vr134 recalibrated for 15 VDC).

The AM-25 is a cleaverly simple PLL synthesized transmitter, in order to get peek performance, it does require some care and feeding, but if you're into that, it's very rewarding.

Anyway, had my station down for a while while I fiddled with the AM-25, just wanted to report what I turned up.

--pikeaero

Offline Bill Bruford

We now have 4 transmitters on here in Sioux Falls. Tonight we did some fine tuning on the BARIX Exstreamer which the firmware upgrade allows for better audio control. We got the audio over the modulation growl which comes from out of phase signals in the service area.

The Barix is a unit which allows a studio to feed a remote location which only has power and IP hook-up. No computer is needed. It also has better flexibility than the average sound card.

Just for others the best setting for Version 8.21 Barix Exstreamer 100 is 75% volume, Bass -2, treable +6, Loudness - ON and at 6, Mono, Gain 0. This is juat a good starting point and if your distorting reduce your input from the sourse.. assumes it's fed from the station Instreamer at +4.5db and an EQ output of -12 to -6 average output.

Offline reboottees

• Make Levees Not War
This looks fantastic! I split my time between New Orleans and Los Angeles but would love to help people set up these hubs transmitting Alex Jones and fighting the New World Order.
This looks like a full time commitment and I am wondering how to set this up such that the workload could be shared between many people...

Offline Bill Bruford

I have a new page up to get these in listeners hands. I also have a friend who may mke the site or page look a little more professional. We also need to make it crash proof so Im looking at a different server.

More how to pages and youtube vidoe coming as well as grounding info.
Any comments welcome.
 See: http://www.liberty1640.com/am_part15_transmitter.htm

Offline Bill Bruford

We now have our first dual transmitter on the air with incredible results and a pattern much larger than expected. If you drew a straight line between the transmitters the radiated lobes seem to be stronger to the upper and lower side which is really loud and expanded significantly when the 2nd unit was switched on. ALso we are using a Inovonics 222 pre-emphasis unit which keeps the modilation up at 125%.

Our new sales page is easily accessed at www.trutham.com
We are now advertising with Alex Jones so he should get the check today. Supporting us supports Alex's staff. If we sell at least 15 units per month we will continue to advertise month after month.
Call us and ork with your local truth group to duplicate what I have done up here in Sioux Falls.

Summer is just around the corner which evening conditions will be even better.

Offline tritonman

Nice work, keep up the inofwar. ;)

Offline Bill Bruford

Please revisit this link for all our Youtube videos and station help.
  Thanks ALEX for promoting our business today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dennCHkoQ0w
http://www.youtube.com/user/zappatx
and 
http://liberty1640.com/questions_answered.htm

Offline Bill Bruford

For those without the funds or means for a station - you can help someone else or we can help dind someone else near you who may want to help you. It's the least I can do....

If you want to get involved with a transmitter please join and add your name to the list on this forum link below as someone else in the area who may also be interested will see and I'll get them in touch with you to double the effort or split funds, etc.
If you are not in a area it wont work, please donate to us so we can help others expand reaching more people or materials to advertise the stations in a local area.

http://restoretherepublic.net/group.php?group_id=498

Just add your zipcode and state - that's all!! Then we can reach you with your ID or email if you send that too.

Offline Elvis

• just one
What's the difference between FM & micro
-FM?
"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within." - Will Durant

Offline bushido_aria

• SCMLA--So Cal Martial Law Alerts
What's the difference between FM & micro-FM?

FM and micro-FM are the same thing, but micro FM refers to stations that are FCC Part 15 compliant. A micro-FM station shows up in the same frequency as the FM frequency does but the micro-FM has a significantly smaller range to pick up the frequency. The part 15 refers mainly to the power allowed for transmission (I believe the limit is 1 Watt). Major radio stations have significantly more power so they travel over a longer distance. They also have great variety of antennas which also increase the distance that they can be reached. So to answer your question, there's no difference between FM and micro-FM other than the range that the radio station may be picked up. A common example of a mirco-FM radio station is the iPod radio transmitters for your car. Technically, you're making a micro FM station that works within a very small radius. Other people who are beside you in a traffic jam could potentially tune in to your station. Make sense?

I know that Bill B. can give a much better explanation, but that's the general idea. :) Glad to hear you're a sponsor TruthAM btw! Getting the word out!
So Cal Martial Law Alerts -- SCMLA Broadcasting
"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause."--Amidala, Star Wars III

Ephesians 6:12

Offline Bill Bruford

What's the difference between FM & micro
-FM?

Yes they are the same but Micro FM is usually pirate stations operating ilegally. Part 15 FM is seldom done because it's .025 watts or 25 milliwatts. One could select any antenna but at 200 feet your signal level must be low enough so that 201 feet a radio will not pick up the radio.
So most do -micro-fm which is a 'hidden' system taking the risk. Our AM falls under 15.219 which is 100 milliwatts but the technology and mode allows for more coverage and because the FCC said - "well if someone makes a professional transmitter which is not some kit anyone could build we will relax the rules" and so we have our system..

You can now hear us by going to the station and listening to the audio which turns on automatically at www.liberty1640.com. Check it out!!

Offline tattoogodfather

great job i'd like to hear alex on local am in Dover De  ;D

Offline Echo

Maybe Ted should buy 10-20 of theses and give them away free in a contest, its his radio station making all the advertising money.

Offline Bill Bruford

We now have a power modification and ways to expand coverage w/o the FCC being on your back but PLEASE help us. We are selling quite a few but the projects we have started need help funding. Help us get on the air in Aberdeen, SD. There is a chip-in on my page at www.liberty1640.com
We also are ready to add a 3rd transmitter to Omaha which would reach a coverage area of over 100,000 people.
All I can ask is help as this is working well and Alex is gaining listeners because of this "beacon" if you will. Of course we also sell the transmitters. See www.trutham.com. I dont make $ more than what it takes for time on the phone to throuroughly go over the instalation of these. Customers have a LOT of questions. I have a new customer - host of the Agenda 21 show who will be helping me with customers as well.

But please if you can donate $5 or more that Aberdeen Chip-in is a major help. Aberdeen would greatly appreciate this!! Coverage for 30,000 people and we have a donated property with electricity and audio connections. Just go to www.liberty1640.com and scroll down slightly.

Thanks!!

Offline chrsswtzr

I wish I could get Alex Jones on the AM/FM stations around me  :-\

Offline piratenews

We do need an FM station to run GCN in east Tennessee. But that costs $1-million to buy a tiny FM station these days. Corporate multinationals own all the other stations.

Alcoa Tennessee, WBCR 1470 AM

1,000 watts day, 100 watts night
New website at TruthRadio.TV

Pirate News Radio begins its first broadcast on WBCR on 9/11/2009.

They got hit by lightning and knocked off the air for several days, then were on half power for a month or more. But now they got the best signal they've ever had with their new equipment, with a strong signal in Knox County.

Jamming was very bad before the lightning strike -- official reason was "aviation radar" which was 10 miles away from the transmitter tower. Even a Mexican station jammed WBCR in portions of Knoxville.

WWCR shortwave in Nashville is also heavily jammed in Knoxville.

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
OK guys, Please Help me to spread this video far and wide. If we get everyone to follow this simple 1,2,3 process for hammering Googles phone system,maybe we can force down their voicemail system. It could prove to be a highly effective way to fight back at these bastards. Check out the links to the videos I just posted and start doing the same today.

Good luck, Peace!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Zr7ZP3WmIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvskxnegSaM

BUMP

Offline LivingintheMatrix

• Facebook Account
AJ did a segment on how to convince local AM stations to get him on your local radio stations about 2 thursdays ago. I still have to follow through with that cause our state really needs this station in our area as opposed to Rush L.
A government which does not act in accordance with the law forfeits the right to be called a government and cannot expect its people to obey the law.-Sir Robert Ker Thompson, Defeating Communist Insurgency: Experiences from Malaya and Vietnam(1966)