Bush invites Mccain and Obama to a meeting neither can refuse.

Author Topic: Bush invites Mccain and Obama to a meeting neither can refuse.  (Read 2517 times)

Offline kevlar442

Bush invites Mccain and Obama to a meeting neither can refuse.
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:05:52 AM »
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5ioHc80xKMiATnqCpK0cDKJzk_nPQD93DDS000

"Yeah Bush is trying to get everyone's hands dirty on this one" or "Look at Obama and McCain standing together." 

Is this nothing more than the Republicans reeling in Obama to take a unified stance on the issue to help push it through/share the issue politically/or other?

Please bear in mind I want neither of "the candidates" elected.
"So make your move and plead the fifth cuz you can't plead the first"  -Rage Against the Machine

JBS

Re: Bush invites Mccain and Obama to a meeting neither can refuse.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 02:08:25 AM »
Yet another secret meeting behind closed doors. What is the secret and why just them and not all the other leaders as well?

Offline lessgov2007

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 02:10:58 AM »
Maybe Bush is just lonely and looking for some Bohemian Grove lovin'.
"God is truth, trust not religious doctrine, seek the truth, and you will find God."  -Me, Kenneth

Offline ConcordeWarrior

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2008, 02:11:36 AM »
why just them and not all the other leaders as well?

Bedause they are all one and the same.

This election is a farce.
The Sky is My Home

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/09/25/campaign.wrap/
updated 8:19 p.m. EDT, Thu September 25, 2008
'Contentious' White House meeting ends with no deal

(CNN) -- Sens. John McCain and Barack Obama left a White House meeting, described as at times "contentious," with no apparent financial bailout deal worked out.

Obama, appearing on CNN's "The Situation Room" after the meeting, said there "has to be a sense of urgency on the part of everybody. ... We've got to move rapidly."

Obama said that there will be a deal eventually but that there is still work to do, including reaching a consensus among Bush, Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson and House Republicans.

McCain told ABC News on Thursday night that Republicans "have legit concerns. Some of those have already been satisfied, such as accountability and oversight board and CEO executive pay. Members are aware of the crisis situation that we are in."

But, McCain said, "They do have concerns, which I think when you're talking about 700 billion to a trillion dollars, that need to be addressed."

Obama, who will spend Thursday night in Washington, once again railed against infusing presidential politics into the negotiations over the $700 billion economic bailout. McCain's campaign said he will also stay in the Washington area for the night.

"One of the concerns I've had over the last several days is that when you start injecting presidential politics into delicate negotiations," Obama said, "then you can actually create more problems rather than less."
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5