Many Pakistans suspect US behind Marriot Hotel Bombing

Author Topic: Many Pakistans suspect US behind Marriot Hotel Bombing  (Read 85555 times)

Offline kevlar442

Re: Bombing at Hotel in Pakistan Kills at Least 40
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »
A 24' truck can carry 12,000 pounds of payload.  If it is state of the art U.S. military grade explosive, well then BOOM!

http://www.budgettruck.com/Moving-Trucks.aspx
"So make your move and plead the fifth cuz you can't plead the first"  -Rage Against the Machine

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2008, 12:22:34 AM »
Who would benefit from this? "tching!": The war on terror.

Anybody trying to provoke WWWIII--- The neocons,  the zionists,  etc.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2008, 12:26:03 AM »

A view of the destruction caused by a bomb explosion at the Marriott hotel in Islamabad. Photograph: B K Bangash/AP

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2008, 12:36:35 AM »
A 24' truck can carry 12,000 pounds of payload.  If it is state of the art U.S. military grade explosive, well then BOOM!

http://www.budgettruck.com/Moving-Trucks.aspx

Thanks for the data on payload, but as for the BOOM! .... I'm still not buying the 30 foot crater!

If you read my prior posts in this thread you'll see I source papers that say only 20% of a bomb's energy goes into the crater ... that means that only 20% of this bomb was able to carve out a 30 foot deep crater?? The truck bomb at Oklahoma only carves out a 6.8 ft. crater.  

Also there were multiple explosions:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59895.msg302707#msg302707

Also the truck didn't just blow up.  There was an initial flash of light which first causes the truck to catch on fire and then there is a big explosion.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59895.msg302716#msg302716

Try this hypothetical on ...

A new government has just been installed in Pakistan.  The neocon madhouse needs access to Pakistan for whatever reason.  Already we had staged raids and the new government didn't like it.  The new President said exactly this... "Back off" essentially.

So they need to convince the new government and the Pakistani people that they are under attack from the evil Al Quaeda so that they will accept USA hegemony.  So they stage a small 9/11.  To make this look like a terrorist attack they have somebody drive a truck through the gates ... maybe the truck even has a bomb on board.  However to make sure that this is a dramatic attack that will cower the Pakistani nation into submission they put a high powered precision missle into the truck.  This missle (not the truck bomb) IS capable of carving out a 30 FOOT DEEP crater with STEEP SIDES!

It is the size and angles of that crater that bother me.  It is so far beyond any other crater we've seen during any other bombing (Oklahoma, Bali etc.).  Notice that the crater has steep sides that go down to a point at the bottom.  If the blast came from the truck this would not be the shape of the crater.  It is as though a bunk buster missle exploded after driving into the ground.

"Awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you ... that seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people"  Ether 8:24-25

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2008, 12:41:44 AM »
 This missle (not the truck bomb) IS capable of carving out a 30 FOOT DEEP crater with STEEP SIDES!

It is the size and angles of that crater that bother me.  It is so far beyond any other crater we've seen during any other bombing (Oklahoma, Bali etc.).

Possibly a Mini Nuke?

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 12:44:49 AM »
"Pakistan is an extremely dangerous and unstable country. We need to tread carefully. We need to get the Pakistanis to see this as their war. And that's going to require some major new initiatives on the American side. Commando raids and Predator strikes are not a long term solution to this problem."

Sept. 12, 2008
Bruce O. Riedel, Former high-ranking CIA , Pentagon official, CFR

http://www.cfr.org/publication/17191/riedel.html?breadcrumb=%2Fissue%2F135%2Fterrorism

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 12:52:03 AM »
Try a google image search for "bomb crater"

You'll pull up relatively shallow craters (not 30 feet deep!) with rounded bottoms.

To me the Pakistani crater was made by a very powerful bomb that detonated below the surface!

Of course I'm just speculating ... but if there ARE experts in Pakistan (and they have plenty) that know this wasn't just a normal truck bomb they may be too terrified to say anything.

Regardless of who and how ... the fact that this bomb went off just after the new President's address makes it clear that this is a message to HIM as well as to Pakistan.

"Awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you ... that seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people"  Ether 8:24-25

Offline Pressed_Rat

« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2008, 12:59:08 AM »
I have no doubt this was an unconventional bomb.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2008, 01:14:12 AM »
US Marines could have been the Marriott target

http://www.pakistannews.net/story/409071

Pakistan News.Net
Saturday 20th September, 2008

US Marines staying at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad may have been the target of Saturday's suicide attack.

Police have reported about 30 Marines were staying at the hotel and were scheduled to leave for Afghanistan early Sunday morning.

One official said that the American security personnel were in Pakistan for the just-concluded visit by the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen.

But another source said that they were in Islamabad only for two days and were scheduled to leave for Afghanistan on Sunday morning.

A senior security official has said: “We believe that they were the target of the suicide attack, otherwise, we can't find any other reason for such an attack.”

The official said that soon after the blast, US embassy officials reached the spot and were seen looking for the Marines who, according to the sources, were staying on the fourth floor of the hotel.

The fourth floor was among the worst affected as the entire hotel turned into a blazing inferno.

Besides the Marines, the staff of Saudi Airlines and a number of foreigners were staying at the Marriot.

Police sources said that the dead include three Koreans, two Saudis and one American.

Among the injured are some foreigners, including some Americans who were shifted to the hospital inside the US Embassy.

Unconfirmed reports also said that a senior US security official was among the injured.

Offline bmanmcfly

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2008, 01:14:52 AM »
Why does this feel like the plot-line of a movie I've seen somewhat recently??

A terrorist attack, and a truck bomb explodes in the middle east and some american FBI guys (and a girl) are sent to investigate...

maybe I'm reading too much into it...

Offline ramallamamama

• Nobody's Slave
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2008, 01:18:43 AM »
Try a google image search for "bomb crater"

You'll pull up relatively shallow craters (not 30 feet deep!) with rounded bottoms.

To me the Pakistani crater was made by a very powerful bomb that detonated below the surface!

Of course I'm just speculating ... but if there ARE experts in Pakistan (and they have plenty) that know this wasn't just a normal truck bomb they may be too terrified to say anything.

Regardless of who and how ... the fact that this bomb went off just after the new President's address makes it clear that this is a message to HIM as well as to Pakistan.
I've long thought that laser guided smart bombs have been being dropped on targets and blamed on terrorists. I read a Tom Clancy book - I forget which one, in it a smart bomb was dropped on a truck outside of a meeting of VIPs. The idea was to mimic a truck bomb...

Remember the bombing of the mosque in Baghdad that touched off the Shia/Sunni battles? How about the bombing of the cafeteria in the green zone? Those were just a few I could think of off the top of my head. Oh yeah, the Harirri guy in Lebanon? Huge bomb crater...

I'm digging your critical thinking.  :)

fnord

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Re: Senior CIA officers were target of Islamabad blast
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2008, 01:26:55 AM »
US Marines could have been the Marriott target

http://www.pakistannews.net/story/409071

Pakistan News.Net
Saturday 20th September, 2008

US Marines staying at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad may have been the target of Saturday's suicide attack.

Police have reported about 30 Marines were staying at the hotel and were scheduled to leave for Afghanistan early Sunday morning.

One official said that the American security personnel were in Pakistan for the just-concluded visit by the Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff, Admiral Michael Mullen.

But another source said that they were in Islamabad only for two days and were scheduled to leave for Afghanistan on Sunday morning.

A senior security official has said: “We believe that they were the target of the suicide attack, otherwise, we can't find any other reason for such an attack.”

The official said that soon after the blast, US embassy officials reached the spot and were seen looking for the Marines who, according to the sources, were staying on the fourth floor of the hotel.

The fourth floor was among the worst affected as the entire hotel turned into a blazing inferno.

Besides the Marines, the staff of Saudi Airlines and a number of foreigners were staying at the Marriot.

Police sources said that the dead include three Koreans, two Saudis and one American.

Among the injured are some foreigners, including some Americans who were shifted to the hospital inside the US Embassy.

Unconfirmed reports also said that a senior US security official was among the injured.

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2008, 01:49:42 AM »
WOW!  I missed David's thread on this.  There's a lot there:

1) Senior CIA officers were at the hotel!
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59878.msg302555#msg302555

An earlier post in THIS thread also referenced this!

2) David also cites reports to multiple explosions.  In fact TWO small explosions occured 5 minutes before the main explosion??
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59878.msg302572#msg302572
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59878.msg302586#msg302586

3) The FBI is offering to "investigate"
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59878.msg302580#msg302580

Boy!  Pakistan should definately take the FBI up on THAT offer!  I mean the FBI was able to completely solve 9/11 within days.  I'm sure they'd get to the bottom of this in a hurry!

4) As just highlighted in this thread David's thread refers to 30 marines on hand.
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=59878.msg302776#msg302776

Ok (speculating again) we've got senior CIA people and 30 troops on hand - however none of them are killed (only one American killed) could this be the special ops team assigned to beat Pakistan into submission?

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2008, 01:54:10 AM »
I've long thought that laser guided smart bombs have been being dropped on targets and blamed on terrorists. I read a Tom Clancy book - I forget which one, in it a smart bomb was dropped on a truck outside of a meeting of VIPs. The idea was to mimic a truck bomb...

Remember the bombing of the mosque in Baghdad that touched off the Shia/Sunni battles? How about the bombing of the cafeteria in the green zone? Those were just a few I could think of off the top of my head. Oh yeah, the Harirri guy in Lebanon? Huge bomb crater...

I'm digging your critical thinking.  :)

ha ha!  Well if Tom Clancy talks about it, you can be sure its sourced somewhere ... he's been predicting a lot of things lately ... too many things!

Yeah a laser guided smart bomb would be less detectable than a missle screaming in.

Offline PaladinRoden

• No Freedom No Peace!
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2008, 02:11:20 AM »
Did the fire cause "Thermal Expansion" and make the building fall at near free fall speed and falling into its own foot print?

Anywho, I find this event odd and seeing Pakistan in the news a lot lately on lots of stuff from forcing foriegners out of their country and what not. Something is brewing I smell it I just can't put my finger on what they are cooking though.
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."
- Samuel Adams "Sons of Liberty"

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2008, 02:13:42 AM »
Watch video of the destruction and the crater here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/2/hi/south_asia/7627626.stm

Read about the enormous destruction here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7627584.stm

In this last report it confirms again that the truck did just blow up.  It was first ignited and then there was a blast.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2008, 03:11:18 AM »
"Eyewitnesses said a small car barged into the barricades erected in front of the hotel followed by an explosives-laden truck, which later hit the hotel’s main entrance. Fire engulfed the whole building within no time after gas pipelines were burst due to the blast."

http://www.thenews.com.pk/updates.asp?id=55910

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2008, 06:32:39 AM »
COMPLETE INSIDE JOB
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Marriott_Hotel_bombing#American_Presence
US soldiers causing security breach

A member of parliament for the ruling Pakistan People's Party, Syed Mumtaz Alam Gilani from the Punjab city of Bahawalnagar,[21] has come forward with testimony evidencing a purportedly serious security breach at the Marriott on Friday night, the day before the bombing.[22] In Pakistan's second largest English-language newspaper, The News International, Mumtaz Alam Gilani describes how he and two friends witnessend steel boxes being unloaded from a US Embassy truck by US Marines soldiers and, according to someone at the hotel upon being queried by one of Mumtaz Alam Gilani's friends, transported to the fourth and fifth floors of the hotel.[22] Among the several people who witnessed this incident was also PPP leader Sajjad Chaudhry,[22] however, Alam Gilani was the only one who objected to and protested the apparent security breach taking place, but was met with silence from the American soldiers. The hotel security staff did also not respond to Gilani's protests as they passively watched what was taking place, not being allowed to go near the boxes by the US soldiers.[22]

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2008, 06:38:13 AM »
Devices being transported to the 4th and 5th floor by US marines the day before the attack?
Guess where the "gas explosion" was:
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/09/20/pakistan.islamabad.marriott.blast/index.html
The gas leak set the top floor of the five-story, 258-room hotel on fire, police said, and the blaze quickly engulfed the entire structure.
I read this before, and it didn't make sense to me. A fire starting on the 5th floor because of a truck/car/whatever bomb on the ground.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2008, 06:40:05 AM »
Was it an attack on US Marines?
http://thenews.jang.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=17401
Sunday, September 21, 2008

By Ansar Abbasi

ISLAMABAD: Was there a top secret and mysterious operation of the US Marines going on inside the Marriott when it was attacked on Saturday evening? No one will confirm it but circumstantial evidence is in abundance.

Witnessed by many, including a PPP MNA and his friends, a US embassy truckload of steel boxes was unloaded and shifted inside the Marriott Hotel on the same night when Admiral Mike Mullen met Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani and others in Islamabad.

Both the main gates (the entrance and the exit) of the hotel were closed while no one except the US Marines were either allowed to go near the truck or get the steel boxes unloaded or shift them inside the hotel. These steel boxes were not passed through the scanners installed at the entrance of the hotel lobby and were reportedly shifted to the fourth and fifth floors of the Marriott.

Besides several others, PPP MNA Mumtaz Alam Gilani and his two friends, Sajjad Chaudhry, a PPP leader, and one Bashir Nadeem, witnessed this mysterious activity to which no one other than the PPP MNA objected and protested.

A source present there told The News that after entertaining them with refreshments at the Nadia restaurant at midnight when Mumtaz Alam, along with his friends, was to leave the hotel, he found a white US embassy truck standing right in front of the hotel's main entrance.

Both the In-gate and the Out-gate of the hotel were closed while almost a dozen well-built US Marines in their usual fatigues were unloading the steel boxes from the truck. No one, including the hotel security men, was either allowed to go near the truck or touch the steel boxes, which were being shifted inside the hotel but without passing through the scanners.

Upon inquiry, one of the three PPP friends who was waiting for the main gates of the hotel to open to get his car in, was informed that the suspicious boxes were shifted to the fourth and fifth floors of the hotel. Mumtaz Alam was furious both at the US Marines and the hotel security not only for the delay caused to them but also for the security lapse he was witnessing.

On his protest, there was absolutely no response from the Marines and the security men he approached were found helpless. Mumtaz Alam told the hotel security official that they were going to endanger the hotel and its security. He was also heard telling his friends that he would never visit the hotel again. He also threatened to raise the issue in parliament.

One does not know whether the PPP MNA revisited the hotel after that mysterious midnight but his brother Imtiaz Alam, who is a senior journalist, was in the same hotel when the truck exploded at the main gate of the hotel. Imtiaz Alam had a lucky escape and found his way out of the hotel with great difficulty in pitch darkness.

One of the lifts he was using fell to the ground floor just after he forced the door open on the 4th floor and got out of it.

Offline esquared

« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2008, 06:44:38 AM »
I'm skeptical, that's for sure. Why would a bunch of Al Qaeda/Taliban guys attack a heavily guarded hotel because it has some folks from the CIA in it? How could they know about it, and what do they think they'll achieve by blowing up a part of the building? What's the CIA doing in Islamabad anyway? Such a giant terrorist attack would be a perfect way to justify intervention in Pakistan though.
They are there all the time , it is a hotbed of activity . It is hard to find a place where there are no CIA personnel .

Offline Triadtropz

• Gods army is real..join up..
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2008, 06:45:30 AM »
This was a signal to the new pakistani govt, and president... to quit dealing with the USA..or it's bombs away..
one man with courage makes a majority..TJ

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2008, 06:47:03 AM »
a US embassy truckload of steel boxes was unloaded and shifted inside the Marriott Hotel
A source present there told The News that after entertaining them with refreshments at the Nadia restaurant at midnight when Mumtaz Alam, along with his friends, was to leave the hotel, he found a white US embassy truck standing right in front of the hotel's main entrance.
Guess who were all accounted for?
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/09/20/pakistan.islamabad.marriott.blast/index.html
A U.S. Embassy spokesman in Islamabad said preliminary reports showed all U.S. diplomats accounted for.

Offline Triadtropz

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2008, 06:52:08 AM »
Im sure the CIA flocks to luxury hotels, and bars. like pigs to shit..this is probably a main hang out..they need to leave the country..the CIA should be shut down.. they are nothing but war, and terrorist provocaters,..to sell weapons.

Offline esquared

« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2008, 06:54:44 AM »
Devices being transported to the 4th and 5th floor by US marines the day before the attack?
Guess where the "gas explosion" was:I read this before, and it didn't make sense to me. A fire starting on the 5th floor because of a truck/car/whatever bomb on the ground.

Man what a mess . The only thing that makes sense is that there were devices in the building as the crater is a distance from the building . Looks like a government job . Here are some better images of the blast .
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=78564579
On the second page there is a couple images with a white residue , looks like there may have been a huge amount of ANFO used , I would say tonnage from the looks of this .

Offline Triadtropz

« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2008, 06:59:27 AM »
how would a fledgling govt benefit from this attack?...unless they turn it into their own war on terror?..If you see the pakistanis make a big stand here, against the taliban and alqaeda ..then maybe it was the govt..If the pakistanis shelter the terrorists, and turn on the US.. then i say it was the taliban or alqaeda.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2008, 07:00:57 AM »
how would a fledgling govt benefit from this attack?...unless they turn it into their own war on terror?..If you see the pakistanis make a big stand here, against the taliban and alqaeda ..then maybe it was the govt..
The US can now continue "tickling" the extremists in the frontier provinces. They attack these people there, for the purpose of radicalizing them.

Offline esquared

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2008, 07:02:03 AM »
how would a fledgling govt benefit from this attack?...unless they turn it into their own war on terror?..If you see the pakistanis make a big stand here, against the taliban and alqaeda ..then maybe it was the govt..
This only serves our interests . How many of the Marines or CIA guys died in this ? I would say not many .

Offline Triadtropz

« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2008, 07:03:44 AM »
It was a US company but it was still muslim on muslim violence..

Offline Typhoon

« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »
What's the CIA doing in Islamabad anyway? Such a giant terrorist attack would be a perfect way to justify intervention in Pakistan though.

+1
Exactly, that is the real background!
"I have met with the Antichrist... He is cruel and intrepid. He frightened me." - Adolf Hitler
"One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline GlobalCordon

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2008, 07:19:48 AM »
Did the fire cause "Thermal Expansion" and make the building fall at near free fall speed and falling into its own foot print?

I shouldnt laugh but that was witty!

Offline Triadtropz

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2008, 07:21:59 AM »
+1
Exactly, that is the real background!

you could be onto something here..If the US takes action in pakistan, and the new govt lets them..its a total CIA job..

Offline rustygunn

Ambassador among hotel bomb victims
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2008, 07:42:33 AM »
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- The Czech Republic's ambassador to Pakistan was among dozens killed in Saturday's suicide truck bombing at Islamabad's Marriott Hotel, police confirmed Sunday.

A view of the site of the massive truck bombing at the Marriott hotel in Islamabad, Pakistan, on Sunday

Ivo Zdarek was one of at least 57 people known to have died in the blast, police superintendent Sheikh Zubair told CNN. Two Americans and a Lithuanian were also among the casualties, he said. Information on the other three foreigners was not available Sunday but a U.S. Embassy spokesman confirmed that all its diplomats were safe.

Between 150 to 230 others were wounded in the attack.

Zdarek, 47, had moved to Pakistan from Vietnam a month ago and was staying at the hotel, the Czech News Agency said. It attributed its information to officials at the Czech foreign ministry.

He was married with two sons, according to the Web site of the Czech Embassy in Hanoi, where he was most recently posted.

Most of the fatalities appeared to be drivers who were waiting with their cars outside the Marriott, and hotel staff -- most of them security guards, Geo TV's Mir said.  Watch the scene the morning after the blast »

Mir said a witness reported seeing the hotel gates rammed open by a small car, followed by a truck carrying explosives, which detonated. Earlier, police had said it was a car bombing.

"They were able to come right up to the hotel, close to the seat of power," Mir said.

However, the hotel manager told reporters the blast occurred outside the gates of the hotel. The hotel, where a standard room costs more than $300 per night, is located near the compound that contains the parliament building, the prime minister's house, the Supreme Court and the presidency.  See where the attack occurred »

The blast caused a natural gas leak that set the top floor of the five-story, 258-room hotel on fire, police said. The blaze quickly engulfed the entire structure

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
This is the ambassador that was killed.
Ivo Zdarek:

Czech Republic financial group seeks establishment in Vietnam

The Czech Republic-based financial group Prvni Privatizacni Fund (Prison Planet Forum) is seeking permission from the central bank to set up a wholly foreign-invested financial firm in Vietnam. 
A Prison Planet Forum representative said one of crucial fields the firm targeted to develop in Vietnam was credit loans and deferred payment services.

Additionally, Prison Planet Forum would facilitate Vietnamese institutes, individuals and enterprises in international banking payments.

Ivo Zdarek, Czech Ambassador to Vietnam, said that Prison Planet Forum saw great banking and financial potential in Vietnam, particularly upon WTO’s entry, after which foreign investors are allowed involvement in this area.

Earlier this year, Prison Planet Forum opened its representative office in the southern metro Ho Chi Minh City.

Prison Planet Forum is the strongest financial group in the Czech Republic, with assets of more than US$4.1 billion, focusing on finance, banking and insurance.

It has a presence in Slovakia, Russia, Kazakhstan, and China, and is eyeing expansion in Ukraine and some of the Balkan nations.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/print.php?catid=2&newsid=21370

Offline rustygunn

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2008, 08:26:46 AM »
Ivo Zdarek studied at the Moscow State Institute of International Relations.  According to Wiki, this university has a reputation of being elitist.

MGIMO has a reputation for being elitist (for example, it is usually considered common knowledge in post-USSR countries that, at least during the USSR times, admission to MGIMO was mostly reserved to children of the Party and government nomenklatura). Even today, more than two-thirds of Russia's diplomats and senior government officials graduated from MGIMO. MGIMO, Sciences Po in France and Harvard's John F. Kennedy School of Government in the US are said to be the world's top three schools training future political leaders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivo_%C5%BD%C4%8F%C3%A1rek

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2008, 08:27:33 AM »
WASHINGTON TIMES

"Today's attack in Pakistan following the attempt in Yemen suggests that al Qaeda has begun a fall offensive to strike Western targets across the Islamic world," said Bruce Riedel, a former senior official on the White House National Security Council and a specialist on al Qaeda.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/21/suicide-attack-on-hotel-kills-at-least-40/

Just like I said..

There's our CFR , CIA buddy Bruce Riedel..

Like clockwork saying Al Qaeda did it. Spreading the lies to the Media!

Offline GlobalCordon

Al CIAda to blame for bombing of hotel
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:20 AM »
By Kamran Haider Reuters - 2 hours 31 minutes ago

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - The suicide truck bomb attack that killed at least 53 people at the Marriott Hotel in Pakistan's capital on Saturday evening bore the hallmarks of an al Qaeda operation, Pakistani intelligence officials said.

Searchers combing the burnt shell of the hotel found more charred bodies the morning after the blast that reduced the Marriott to an inferno.

The Czech ambassador, and an American and German national, were among those killed, while some 271 were wounded in the devastating blast, according to senior government officials.

Most newspapers estimated the toll would rise to 60.

Internal security in nuclear-armed Pakistan, a country vital to the war against al Qaeda and other Islamist militant groups, has deteriorated at an alarming rate over the past two years.

The bombing bore the signs of an attack by al Qaeda or an affiliate, U.S. and Pakistan intelligence officials said.

"The sophistication of the blast shows it's the work of al Qaeda," a Pakistani intelligence officer told Reuters.

Another officer noted similarities with a truck bomb attack on the Federal Investigation Agency's office in the eastern city of Lahore that killed 20 people in March.

A civilian government led by Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani was sworn in six months ago, after nearly nine years of rule by former army chief Pervez Musharraf, and is faced with the mounting militant challenge an economy on the verge of collapse.

"They want to destabilise the country. They want to destabilise the democracy. They want to destroy the country economically," Gilani told journalists on Sunday.

Gilani also confirmed the death of the Czech envoy.

Hospital officials said less than 20 foreigners had been wounded. Most were discharged.

The attack came hours after new President Asif Ali Zardari, widower of assassinated former prime minister Benazir Bhutto, made his first address to parliament a few hundred metres (yards) away, calling for terrorism to be rooted out.

The tightly guarded hotel, part of a U.S.-based chain and popular with foreigners, diplomats and rich Pakistanis, was engulfed in flames for hours after the blast.

Zardari made a televised address to the nation on Sunday and said the bombing was cowardly.

"This is an epidemic, a cancer in Pakistan which we will root out," he said. "We will not be afraid of these cowards."

Pakistan's army is in the midst of a major offensive against al Qaeda and Taliban fighters in the Bajaur region on the Afghan border, while the United States has intensified attacks on militants on the Pakistani side of the border, infuriating many Pakistanis.

"The Army stands with the nation in its resolve to defeat the forces of extremism and terrorism," army chief General Ashfaq Kayani said in a statement on Sunday.

Militants have launched bomb attacks, most on security forces in the northwest, in retaliation for the strikes on them.

"They're giving a very clear, unambiguous message that if the government pursues these policies, this is what (they) will do in response," Talat Masood, a retired general and defence analyst, said of the attack.

"They are saying 'we can strike anywhere, at any time regardless of how good you think your security is'," he said.

An al Qaeda video, released to mark the seventh anniversary of the Sept 11, 2001, attacks in the United States, included a call for militants in Pakistan to step up their fight.

20-FOOT CRATER

Saturday's attack was the worst yet in the capital. It came six months after a civilian government took power and a month after it forced U.S. ally Musharraf to step down as president.

A crater up to 20 feet (6 metres) deep was in the road in front of the gates of the hotel, which had been bombed twice before. The Interior Ministry said the bomb probably contained more than 500 kg (1,100 lb) of explosives.

Flames and smoke poured out of the 290-room, five-storey hotel located in a high security zone. Dozens of cars were destroyed and windows shattered hundreds of metres away.

Most people inside managed to flee before the fire spread, but a Reuters photographer saw a dead body lying on a top floor balcony on Sunday morning.

Many of Islamabad's expatriate community were considering leaving, having shrugged off earlier attacks in the city.

"I'll be speaking to my boss tomorrow," said Steve, a British man who has worked in Islamabad for a Pakistani firm for several years and did not want to use his full name.

A wounded hotel security official said a truck had been stopped at the hotel's security barrier and two small explosions had gone off minutes before the main blast.

The Pakistani owner of the Marriott, one of only two five-star hotels in the city, said guards exchanged fire with the attacker before he set off the explosives at the gate.

Clemens Steinkanp, a German who was slightly wounded, said hotel security men had warned guests to move to the back of the building shortly before the bomb went off.

"Nothing happened for five minutes ... but then there was a huge blast," he said.

The United States, Britain and the U.N. secretary general condemned the bombing.

Zardari, who won a presidential election this month, left for the United States on Sunday, and is scheduled to meet Bush in New York on Tuesday before the U.N. General Assembly.

Offline Cryptvill

« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2008, 08:31:03 AM »
welp here comes more problems in the world
Babylon-->Battycon-->Batikon-->Vatican

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Re: Al CIAda to blame for bombing of hotel
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2008, 08:42:09 AM »
"Pakistan is an extremely dangerous and unstable country. We need to tread carefully. We need to get the Pakistanis to see this as their war. And that's going to require some major new initiatives on the American side. Commando raids and Predator strikes are not a long term solution to this problem."

Sept. 12, 2008

http://www.cfr.org/publication/17191/riedel.html?breadcrumb=%2Fissue%2F135%2Fterrorism

Then after this obvious CIA false flag op hotel bombing, like clockwork saying Al Qeada did it.

WASHINGTON TIMES

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep/21/suicide-attack-on-hotel-kills-at-least-40/

"Today's attack in Pakistan following the attempt in Yemen suggests that al Qaeda has begun a fall offensive to strike Western targets across the Islamic world," said Bruce Riedel, a former senior official on the White House National Security Council and a specialist on al Qaeda.

This assholes suggesting Al Qaeda did it when there's no proof.

"Militant groups in Pakistan frequently claim credit for bomb attacks soon after they occur, but no group has, as yet, come forward."

"Officials announced a $130,000 reward for information about those behind the attack. "

http://voanews.com/english/2008-09-21-voa2.cfm

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2008, 08:47:09 AM »

Sept. 12, 2008

Then after this obvious CIA false flag op hotel bombing, like clockwork saying Al Qeada did it.

WASHINGTON TIMES

This assholes suggesting Al Qaeda did it when there's no proof.

"Militant groups in Pakistan frequently claim credit for bomb attacks soon after they occur, but no group has, as yet, come forward."

"Officials announced a $130,000 reward for information about those behind the attack. "

http://voanews.com/english/2008-09-21-voa2.cfm