Many Pakistans suspect US behind Marriot Hotel Bombing

Author Topic: Many Pakistans suspect US behind Marriot Hotel Bombing  (Read 87556 times)

Offline David Rothscum

Many Pakistans suspect US behind Marriot Hotel Bombing
« on: September 20, 2008, 07:28:14 PM »
Senior CIA officers were target of Islamabad blast
http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20080920/874/twl-senior-cia-officers-were-target-of-i.html
Sat, Sep 20 09:05 PM

Islamabad, Sept 20 (ANI): Several senior officers of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) who are reported to be currently visiting Islamabad were the target of the blast at the Marriott Hotel which took place here tonight.

Well placed sources said that Marriott Hotel is usual hotel choice of the US officials and it seems that militants tipped off that certain high level US intelligence officers were currently staying at the hotel.

While no confirmation was available but Pakistan sources said it was clear that the explosion was aimed at specific targets based on a tip off.

At least twenty people were killed, and scores others seriously injured, when an explosives laden truck rammed into Marriott Hotel here today.

Over 50 people have been admitted in the local hospitals.

The powerful explosion caused fire in many parts of the hotel besides damaging the buildings around the hotel. (ANI)

Boubear

Re: Senior CIA officers were target of Islamabad blast
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 07:32:08 PM »
You know, I don't know if I believe that!!  After everything that has been happening between the US and Pakistan for the last 2 weeks, I ask myself, who stands to benefit from this tragedy??

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 07:44:18 PM »
You know, I don't know if I believe that!!  After everything that has been happening between the US and Pakistan for the last 2 weeks, I ask myself, who stands to benefit from this tragedy??
I'm skeptical, that's for sure. Why would a bunch of Al Qaeda/Taliban guys attack a heavily guarded hotel because it has some folks from the CIA in it? How could they know about it, and what do they think they'll achieve by blowing up a part of the building? What's the CIA doing in Islamabad anyway? Such a giant terrorist attack would be a perfect way to justify intervention in Pakistan though.

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 07:50:54 PM »
What was it, a car bomb like most media are now claiming or multiple blasts?
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/sep/21/pakistan.terrorism
One of the four, who identified himself only as Tony, said they had begun moving towards the rear of the hotel's Chinese restaurant after the first blast when the second threw them against the back wall. 'Then we saw a big truck coming through the gates,' he said. 'After that it was just smoke and darkness.'
Imtiaz Gul, a journalist, was dining with friends in the marquee when the attack happened. 'First there was a blast and then all the electricity went out ... then it came back on and there was a second much bigger blast or a series of deafening blasts,' he said.

Boubear

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:52:54 PM »
Such a giant terrorist attack would be a perfect way to justify intervention in Pakistan though.

Yup!!

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:59:10 PM »

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »
Oh isn't this nice, the FBI is offering to investigate the bombing:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/world/asia/21islamabad.html?ref=asia
The F.B.I. offered to send special agents to help investigate, said a senior American official, who declined to be identified because of the nature of the matter. The F.B.I. is awaiting approval from the Pakistani government, the official said.
Will the investigation be led by Henry Kisisnger, like they tried with 9/11?

Boubear

Offline David Rothscum

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2008, 08:33:20 PM »
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/LK194845.htm
A wounded hotel security official said a truck had been stopped at the hotel's front security barrier and two small explosions had gone off minutes before the main blast.

"There was a warning from security, they told us to go to the back of the hotel," Clemens Steinkanp, a German who was slightly wounded in the blast, said from a hospital bed.

"Nothing happened for five minutes ... but then there was a huge blast. Everything fell and there were a lot of bodies around," he said.
http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9045267
Rehman Malik, head of Pakistan's Interior Ministry, told the AP authorities had received intelligence that there might be militant activity timed to coincide with Zardari's inaugural address and security had been tightened.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Bombing at Hotel in Pakistan Kills at Least 40
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2008, 09:03:05 PM »
Bombing at Hotel in Pakistan Kills at Least 40

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/world/asia/21islamabad.html?ref=asia

By CARLOTTA GALL
Published: September 20, 2008

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — A huge truck bomb exploded at the entrance to the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad on Saturday evening, killing at least 40 people and wounding at least 250, the police said.

The blast, one of the worst acts of terrorism in Pakistan’s history, went off just a few hundred yards from the prime minister’s house, where all the leaders of government were dining after the president’s address to Parliament.

The toll was expected to grow because of reports that people had been trapped inside the six-story hotel, which has been a favorite meeting spot of both foreigners and well-connected Pakistanis in the heart of the capital. The building was quickly engulfed in flames and continued to burn for hours Saturday night.

The bomb left a vast crater, 40 feet wide and 25 feet deep, at the security barrier to the hotel. Witnesses said security guards were buried under a mound of rubble. Cars across the street from the hotel were mangled, and trees on the street were charred and stripped of their branches. The blast shattered windows in buildings hundreds of yards away.

Witnesses said they dragged dozens of bodies from the lobby of the hotel and an adjacent parking lot, including those of a number of foreigners. Sean McCormack, a spokesman for the State Department, issued a statement saying at least one American citizen was killed and several others were injured.

An American Embassy spokesman, Lou Fintor, could not confirm if any American citizens were killed or wounded. “We are in the process of determining the status and welfare of our embassy staff as well as any other Americans who may have been affected, and we are in close contact with the State Department in Washington,” he said.

The bombing was the deadliest to take place in the well-guarded capital and may have been timed for the day that President Asif Ali Zardari made his first address to Parliament since his election two weeks ago. Mr. Zardari, whose wife, former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, was assassinated in December by a suicide bomber, vowed in his speech to root out extremism and to stop terrorists from using Pakistani soil to attack other countries.

Both he and the prime minister, Yousaf Raza Gilani, condemned the attack and repeated their determination to deal with terrorism with an iron hand, the state news agency, The Associated Press of Pakistan, reported.

On national television late Sunday, Mr. Zardari said most of the victims had been security guards at the entrance to the hotel. “These are not the acts of a Muslim,” he said. “We will get rid of this terrorism cancer.”

There was no immediate claim of responsibility. But Pakistani analysts said the bombing may have been in retaliation for recent army operations that have reportedly killed scores of militants in the tribal area of Bajaur, near the border with Afghanistan, and the adjacent area of Swat.

An American intelligence official said the attack “bears all the hallmarks of a terrorist operation carried out by Al Qaeda or its associates.”

The tribal areas have become a safe haven for insurgents linked to Al Qaeda and the Taliban, whose attacks on targets in Pakistan have become increasingly frequent and lethal. Coming after a bombing this year at another gathering spot for foreigners, the Serena Hotel in Kabul, Afghanistan, the Marriott attack seemed intended to send a message to Washington and other allies of Pakistan.

Despite the tough talk by the president and prime minister, it was unclear what kind of response the government would mount. Pakistan has been in a state of political turmoil for months, and from the American perspective at least, the new civilian government has so far shown little interest in pursuing a campaign against the militants.

President Bush denounced the attack on Saturday. “I strongly condemn the terrorist bombing in Islamabad that targeted and killed many innocents,” he said.

The Islamabad Marriott has been attacked by militants at least twice in the past, including in a suicide attack in January 2007 that killed a policeman. A senior police official, Ashfaq Ahmed Khan, said initial reports suggested that an explosives-laden dump truck had been detonated near the entrance.

“The Marriott is an icon,” said Abdullah Riar, a former aide to Mrs. Bhutto. “It’s like the twin towers of Pakistan. It’s a symbolic place in the capital of the country, and now it has melted down.”

One wounded American who works at the embassy here said he was unlocking his car when the bomb exploded. The American, who gave only his first name, Chris, had injuries to his face, neck and shoulder, and was holding a bloody T-shirt to his face.

American Embassy personnel members at the scene said they had come to help American citizens caught in the blast.

Amjad Ali Khan, a guard on duty at a side entrance to the hotel, said that he had seen four to five bodies in the hotel parking lot and that he helped carry out 40 bodies from inside the hotel. He said they had been “in the lobby and in the restaurant and everywhere.”

“There were very few people injured,” he said. “They were all dead.”

When asked who he thought was responsible for the blast, he responded, “They are terrorists.”

The Interior Ministry had warned several days ago that it had information that four or five suicide bombers had been dispatched on missions around the country. The government enforced tight security during the president’s 3 p.m. address, posting Army Rangers and police officers in rings around the Parliament and government buildings.

The Marriott is nearby, but security may have been reduced after the speech and ahead of the evening meal, when Muslims break their fast during the holy month of Ramadan. The bomb exploded at 8 p.m., when many Pakistanis were inside the banquet hall at the back of the hotel.

Asmatullah Marvat, a paramedic for the Capital Development Authority, said rescue workers had taken 70 to 80 people to different hospitals in the city.

Hotel workers said that they had heard a loud explosion and that the east wing of the hotel was on fire. “I was inside the Marquee Hall,” said a man who identified himself as Kaleem. “It was iftar time. All of a sudden there was a massive explosion. The roofs collapsed, and we ran out the back.”

The Islamabad police asked the army to assist in the rescue work.

The F.B.I. offered to send special agents to help investigate, said a senior American official, who declined to be identified because of the nature of the matter. The F.B.I. is awaiting approval from the Pakistani government, the official said.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

Re: Bombing at Hotel in Pakistan Kills at Least 40
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 09:10:36 PM »
An American intelligence official said the attack “bears all the hallmarks of a terrorist operation carried out by Al Qaeda or its associates.”

Look at the size of the crater. You sure Al-Qaeda did this?

This looks more like a CIA job.

"Special Agents" to "help investigate."

Ya I bet.

Offline munkey

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
Look at the size of the crater.

"Special Agents" to "help investigate."

Ya I bet.
special agents may find an Iranian passport in the crator undamaged by the blast or flames with a well written note about intent.  ;)
For a boit of mindless fun
click below

Just click the link, you know you want to

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 09:14:27 PM »
special agents may find an Iranian passport in the crator undamaged by the blast or flames with a well written note about intent.  ;)

Exactly. It wouldn't surprise me.

Xill

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 09:18:12 PM »

lol yeah right. "Hallmarks"... Nice way of saying they have no evidence of who did it, unless they are also complicit of the false flag.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 09:23:12 PM »
Related article of interest...

Senior CIA officers were target of Islamabad blast

http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20080920/874/twl-senior-cia-officers-were-target-of-i.html
Sat, Sep 20 09:05 PM

Islamabad, Sept 20 (ANI): Several senior officers of Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) who are reported to be currently visiting Islamabad were the target of the blast at the Marriott Hotel which took place here tonight.

Well placed sources said that Marriott Hotel is usual hotel choice of the US officials and it seems that militants tipped off that certain high level US intelligence officers were currently staying at the hotel.

While no confirmation was available but Pakistan sources said it was clear that the explosion was aimed at specific targets based on a tip off.

At least twenty people were killed, and scores others seriously injured, when an explosives laden truck rammed into Marriott Hotel here today.

Over 50 people have been admitted in the local hospitals.

The powerful explosion caused fire in many parts of the hotel besides damaging the buildings around the hotel. (ANI)

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2008, 09:24:12 PM »
lol yeah right. "Hallmarks"... Nice way of saying they have no evidence of who did it, unless they are also complicit of the false flag.

What's an al qaeda "hallmark" anyway?....Oh wait, I know, it's incriminating evidence conveniently placed at the scene of the crime.  
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2008, 09:25:37 PM »

How convenient.. 

Offline unitedstrokesofamerica

• DOMO SMASH DA NWO!!!!
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2008, 09:49:18 PM »
Hey how come that building behind them has not suffered from "thermal expansion" and "global collapse". It looks like the fire is going pretty well and they was a huge blast right next to it . hmmmm weird
"You gotta remember, establishment, it’s just a name for evil. The monster doesn’t care whether it kills all the students or whether there’s a revolution. It’s not thinking logically, it’s out of control."
— John Lennon (1969)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEej1feA9N8

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2008, 09:53:05 PM »
Hey how come that building behind them has not suffered from "thermal expansion" and "global collapse". It looks like the fire is going pretty well and they was a huge blast right next to it . hmmmm weird

Don't you know. "Thermal expansion" and "Global Collapse" can only happen due to small office fires.

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2008, 09:57:42 PM »
Bruce O. Riedel, Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy, Saban Center for Middle East Policy, Brookings Institution
Interviewer:

September 12, 2008

"Correct. Pakistan is an extremely dangerous and unstable country. We need to tread carefully. We need to get the Pakistanis to see this as their war. And that's going to require some major new initiatives on the American side. Commando raids and Predator strikes are not a long term solution to this problem."

http://www.cfr.org/publication/17191/riedel.html?breadcrumb=%2Fissue%2F135%2Fterrorism

So just a few days ago we have this CFR scum Bruce O. Riedel saying how "We need to get the Pakistanis to see this as their war" then BOOM goes a bomb and American intelligence official says "Al Qaeda did it."

I don't know guys, looks fishy too me.

Offline unitedstrokesofamerica

• DOMO SMASH DA NWO!!!!
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
Don't you know. "Thermal expansion" and "Global Collapse" can only happen due to small office fires.

O yeah i forgot these new nist rules of physics are confusing.
"You gotta remember, establishment, it’s just a name for evil. The monster doesn’t care whether it kills all the students or whether there’s a revolution. It’s not thinking logically, it’s out of control."
— John Lennon (1969)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEej1feA9N8

Offline stymo1

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2008, 10:10:25 PM »
Quote from the OP news article:
"The blast, one of the worst acts of terrorism in Pakistan’s history, went off just a few hundred yards from the prime minister’s house, where all the leaders of government were dining after the president’s address to Parliament."

I can imagine the phone call from Rice to the prime minister Gilani following the attack. "You see Yousaf, what we have here is a failure to communicate. All those predator drones we have flying all over your country, bombing the shit out of you is for your own good. Now quit yer bitchin and let us have our way with you or the next one might land on your head."

paraphrased by me of course.
" It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »
Quote from the OP news article:
"The blast, one of the worst acts of terrorism in Pakistan’s history, went off just a few hundred yards from the prime minister’s house, where all the leaders of government were dining after the president’s address to Parliament."

I can imagine the phone call from Rice to the prime minister Gilani following the attack. "You see Yousaf, what we have here is a failure to communicate. All those predator drones we have flying all over your country, bombing the shit out of you is for your own good. Now quit yer bitchin and let us have our way with you or the next one might land on your head."

paraphrased by me of course.

Well said, paraphrased but word for word lol

Offline jflack

• Survival Communication Equipment
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2008, 10:24:55 PM »
This news report was released earlier this morning.  I think the bombing could have had something to do with this.  A sign maybe.

"Pakistan's new president told lawmakers the nation will not tolerate violations of its sovereignty by "any power" in the name of fighting terrorism, a clear signal to the U.S. to avoid controversial cross-border strikes.

In his first address to Parliament, Asif Ali Zardari, the widower of slain ex-Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, also called Saturday for a committee to consider reducing presidential powers that had been enhanced under his predecessor, longtime U.S. ally Pervez Musharraf.

A series of suspected U.S. missile attacks and an American-led cross-border ground assault in Pakistan's volatile northwest have signaled Washington's impatience with Pakistani efforts to eliminate hide-outs of Taliban and al-Qaida militants implicated in attacks in neighboring Afghanistan."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26802590/

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2008, 10:26:55 PM »
Another 40 people murdered and 250 of people wounded!  All those lives lost or ruined because of someone's perverse chess game.

What is the play here??

Who stands to gain??

PLEASE tell me all this carnage isn't just to reinforce the Al CIA duh bogey man as we run up to an election!

Or maybe I should hope that's all it is, rather than Act I in an even more sinister story.

"Awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you ... that seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people"  Ether 8:24-25

Offline stymo1

« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
That is a pretty impressive crater for a truck bomb. Show me a surveillance video of a truck parked out front just before the explosion and I will believe it.  ::)
" It's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." -- George Carlin

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 10:36:06 PM »
In another CFR piece where they talk about influencing Pakistanis...

Pakistan's New Leader and the U.S. Dilemma
September 8, 2008
http://www.cfr.org/publication/17105/pakistans_new_leader_and_the_us_dilemma.html?breadcrumb=%2Fpublication%2Fby_type%2Fdaily_analysis

"An opinion poll (PDF) conducted in May by Terror Free Tomorrow, a Washington-based nonproift group, found that 74 percent of Pakistanis opposed U.S. military action against al-Qaeda and the Taliban."

Whats more is when you look at the May study when asked..

Who Do You Consider Most Responsible for the Violence that is Occurring in
Pakistan Today?

52% say USA
11% say India
8% say Al-Qaeda

Which of the following Countries or Groups do you Think Pose the Greatest
Threat to your Personal Safety?

44% say USA
14% say India
6% say Al-Qaeda

http://www.terrorfreetomorrow.org/upimagestft/PakistanPollReportJune08.pdf

Clearly the citizens of Pakistan know the truth, that it's the U.S. doing false flag bombings to pursued opinions.

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:56 PM »
That is a pretty impressive crater for a truck bomb. Show me a surveillance video of a truck parked out front just before the explosion and I will believe it.  ::)

Good point.  I don't know enough about explosives to know whether it's reasonable for a truck bomb (as opposed to ordinance dropped from a plane or a missile etc.) to project enough energy downward to create a 30 foot deep crater of such massive size.   Here's a quote from the story being circulated:

"Witnesses and officials said a large truck rammed the high metal gate of the hotel at about 8 p.m. (1400 GMT), when the restaurants would have been packed with diners, including Muslims breaking the Ramadan fast."

"Awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you ... that seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people"  Ether 8:24-25

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
A moronic "expert" on NBC said that "clearly they want to attack us here next," so we have to step up military operations against "Al Qaeda" in Pakistan.

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 10:44:43 PM »
This car bomb crater was only 9 feet deep and 30 feet wide ...

http://www.erichufschmid.net/TFC/Bollyn-Hariri-Feb2005.html

The experts calculated that 650 lbs of dynamite were used to create such a crater.

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
This article claims that even a 5-foot deep crater is not possible from an above ground vehicle based bomb.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/NEWS/n1715.cfm

Hmmmm  I'm not convinced of their arguments ... digging deeper to try and find some real science..

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »
"Pakistan is an extremely dangerous and unstable country. We need to tread carefully. We need to get the Pakistanis to see this as their war. And that's going to require some major new initiatives on the American side. Commando raids and Predator strikes are not a long term solution to this problem."
Sept. 12, 2008
Bruce O. Riedel, Former high-ranking CIA , Pentagon official, CFR

I guess this is the "Major New Initiatives" he speaks of.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2008, 10:59:16 PM »
This article claims that even a 5-foot deep crater is not possible from an above ground vehicle based bomb.

http://www.cuttingedge.org/NEWS/n1715.cfm

Hmmmm  I'm not convinced of their arguments ... digging deeper to try and find some real science..

Doesn't look like a truck bomb to me either. I mean just look at the massive crater that's left.

Looks like they parked the truck then dropped a bomb on it.

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2008, 11:04:38 PM »
This is an excellent paper that estimates that the ground crater absorbs only 20% of the blast energy ... with the rest being reflected up and out, but they don't present any formulas for calculating crater depth/width as a function of TNT quantity. 

http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1360&context=engpapers

Obviously these formulas exist (that's how the estimated that 2000+ lbs of explosives were used)

I just haven't found them yet...

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »

Offline stymo1

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 11:27:03 PM »
"Witnesses and officials said a large truck rammed the high metal gate of the hotel at about 8 p.m. (1400 GMT), when the restaurants would have been packed with diners, including Muslims breaking the Ramadan fast."

I didn't find that in the OP. From another article?

But I did find this interesting

"The Islamabad Marriott has been attacked by militants at least twice in the past, including in a suicide attack in January 2007 that killed a policeman. A senior police official, Ashfaq Ahmed Khan, said initial reports suggested that an explosives-laden dump truck had been detonated near the entrance."

“The Marriott is an icon,” said Abdullah Riar, a former aide to Mrs. Bhutto. “It’s like the twin towers of Pakistan. It’s a symbolic place in the capital of the country, and now it has melted down.”

One would think a dump truck sitting in front of the twin towers of Pakistan at 8:00 pm would seem just a tad bit out of place,  huh?
 ??? ??? ???

And... I have watched enough mythbusters to know that if you put just a piece of paper over  a firecracker, it will make more of the blast go down... if that means anything..

Just rambling here......I wonder how big the crater was in OKC?

Offline MarkCentury

• HealthSpan Foods
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 11:28:16 PM »
Well my search produced these two papers ...

http://oai.dtic.mil/oai/oai?verb=getRecord&metadataPrefix=html&identifier=AD0907456

This first reference looks promising, but the paper is not online.

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=h9zSm8_keLQC&oi=fnd&pg=PR7&dq=bomb+%22crater+size%22&ots=GPWgPHpdsi&sig=LydOfJs1r0urfOSjaogY3_iYY8E#PPA35,M1

but still not what I was looking for... a relatively simple calculation for crater depths/diameters based on the size of an above ground explosion.  

That's all the time I"ve got ... so I can't make any determination of whether that HUGE crater (I've never seen a car/truck bomb crater so large!) could have resulted from a conventional explosive carried on the back of a truck.

I'll pass the baton (hopefully) to other real experts on the forum...

Offline stymo1

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 11:28:28 PM »

DUDE YOU SO READ MY FREAKING MIND......EXCELLENT!!!

Xill

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 11:53:37 PM »

Clearly the strong fires from the explosions made the asphalt melt... I've seen it on tv.

No really, that was either a bomb or a massive amount of explosives.

Who would benefit from this? "tching!": The war on terror.

Offline Eckhart Tolle

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2008, 12:00:06 AM »
Why would Al-Quada bomb their own "Safe haven" ?