Stannous Fluoride vs Sodium Fluoride

(1/2) > >>

Firewerk66:
Is there a difference? Alex keeps talking about the sodium variety. The dentist recommended this fluoride mouth rinse for my teeth, i checked the ingredients and it said 0.63% stannous fluoride. After a very brief online check, i couldnt really find the difference.

qimds:
Stannous Fluoride is made from Tin. Not good. I might be wrong but I think Sodium Fluoride is the closest to natural fluoride found in the earth. Still not good though. Other forms of fluoride are made from fertilizer manufacture and aluminum manufacturing. Fluoride is even used to fumigate buildings that have termite infestation. It's bad stuff in all forms. Throw the rinse away, it's poison.

Watch this video. A dentist speaks out against fluoride. He says for years he promoted fluoridation until he happened to sit down and take a look at the research studies and such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEaYyfWJcdc

Anti_Illuminati:
Quote from: qimds on September 18, 2008, 09:14:04 AM

Stannous Fluoride is made from Tin. Not good. I might be wrong but I think Sodium Fluoride is the closest to natural fluoride found in the earth.

Um no, exactly the opposite.  Sodium Fluoride is 750 times (in one of the LD-50 tests) as poisonous as naturally occurring Calcium Fluoride (CaF2) found in ground water.  No one is adding the FAR less toxic CaF2 to water and it isn't an essential mineral anyways.  There is no such thing as a fluoride deficiency.

qimds:
Oh Ok, duh me. I should have known Calcium Fluoride was the natural one. Hell Alex has said it enough. I think I've had too much fluoride over the years lol.

Firewerk66:
Quote from: qimds on September 18, 2008, 09:14:04 AM

Stannous Fluoride is made from Tin. Not good. I might be wrong but I think Sodium Fluoride is the closest to natural fluoride found in the earth. Still not good though. Other forms of fluoride are made from fertilizer manufacture and aluminum manufacturing. Fluoride is even used to fumigate buildings that have termite infestation. It's bad stuff in all forms. Throw the rinse away, it's poison.

Watch this video. A dentist speaks out against fluoride. He says for years he promoted fluoridation until he happened to sit down and take a look at the research studies and such.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEaYyfWJcdc

thanks for the vid. as i dont drink fluoridated water any more (which is what this vid discuses), what about its effects on strengthening the tooth itself? Dental Fluorosis is an effect of over exposure of fluoride due to ingesting it via drinking water, not necessarily if you're just using it topically on your teeth.....

Trust me i am hip to all the dangers, but my teeth arent in great shape and i need to do something besides brushing to combat cavities. As it is i'm using Jason non-fluoride toothpaste.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page