PrisonPlanet Forum
July 23, 2014, 08:07:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: General George Washington's own prophecy for America  (Read 14296 times)
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« on: August 22, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »

I am not sure if any of you are familiar with this one so I thought it would be worth starting a thread and seeing what everything thinks about this.  Please read the following and post your comments.

http://ad2004.com/prophecytruths/Articles/Prophecy/Washington.html
Prophecy Truths -- General George Washington's Vision of the Future of America

GENERAL GEORGE WASHINGTON'S ANGELIC VISITATION AT VALLEY FORGE
AND THE VISION OF THE FUTURE OF THE UNITED STATES

This article is a reprint of a newspaper article first published in the NATIONAL TRIBUNE in 1859 and reprinted in 1880 (vol. 4, no. 12, Dec. 1880). Later reprinted in THE STARS AND STRIPES newspaper owned by the NATIONAL TRIBUNE, in 1931 and the latest printing on December 21, 1950. This article is printed in its entirety by permission of the NATIONAL TRIBUNE. The vision was related to a reporter named Wesley Bradshaw by an officer who served under General Washington at Valley Forge, named Anthony Sherman. In the vision, Washington sees three great trials to overtake the Union. These were the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and the greatest threat, a war fought on the soil of the United States near the time of Jesus' return to reign on the earth. It is this third battle, that hold's our interest as the day draws near.

Washington Had Vision of Trials Facing Nation

For many years copies of Washington's vision at Valley Forge as related by one Wesley Bradshaw, told to him by Anthony Sherman, have been in existence. The earliest publication was in 1859, 1880, in 1931 and is being printed once more. THE STARS AND STRIPES, December 21, 1950.

The last time I ever saw Anthony Sherman was on the Fourth of July, 1859, in Independence Square. He was then ninety-nine years old, and becoming very feeble. But though so old, his dimming eyes rekindled as he gazed upon Independence Hall, which he came to visit once more. "Let us go into the hall," he said. "I want to tell you of an incident of Washington's life -- one which no one alive knows of except myself; and if you live, you will before long see it verified.

"From the opening of the Revolution we experienced all phases of fortune, now good and now ill, one time victorious and another conquered. The darkest period we had, I think, was when Washington, after several reverses, retreated to Valley Forge, where he resolved to spend the winter of 1777. Ah! I have often seen the tears coursing down our dear commander's care-worn cheeks, as he would be conversing with a confidential officer about the condition of his poor soldiers. You have doubtless heard the story of Washington's going into the thicket to pray. Well, it was not only true, but he used often to pray in secret for aid and comfort from God, the interposition of whose Divine Providence brought us safely through the darkest days of tribulation.
"One day, I remember it well, the chilly winds whistled through the leafless trees, though the sky was cloudless and the sun shone brightly, he remained in his quarters nearly all the afternoon alone. When he came out, I noticed that his face was a shade paler than usual, and there seemed to be something on his mind of more than ordinary importance. Returning just after dusk, he dispatched an orderly to the quarters of the officer I mention, who was presently in attendance. After a preliminary conversation of about half an hour, Washington, gazing upon his companion with that strange look of dignity which he alone could command, said to the latter:

The Vision

"I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed, that it was some moments before I found language to inquire into the cause of her presence. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but received no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes. By this time I felt strange sentiments spreading through me. I would have risen, but the riveted gaze of the being before me rendered volition impossible. I assayed once more to address her, but my tongue had become useless, even thought itself had become paralyzed. A new influence, mysterious, potent, irresistible, took possession of me. All I could do was to gaze steadily, vacantly at my unknown visitor. Gradually, the surrounding atmosphere seemed as though becoming filled with sensations and luminous. Everything about me seemed to rarify, the mysterious visitor herself becoming more airy, and yet more distinct to my sight than before. I now began to feel as one dying, or rather to experience the sensations which I have sometimes imagined accompany dissolution. I did not think, I did not reason, I did not move; all were alike impossible. I was only conscious of gazing fixedly, vacantly at my companion.

"Presently I heard a voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn,' while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and I looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in one vast plain all the countries of the world -- Europe, Asia, Africa, and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. 'Son of the Republic,' said the same mysterious voice as before, 'look and learn.'

"At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel floating in mid-air, between Europe and America, dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand. He sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. Immediately a dark cloud raised from these countries and joined in mid-ocean. For a while it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in its murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning passed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people.

"A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again I heard the mysterious voice say, 'Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.'

"At this the dark, shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking, I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word "Union," bearing the American flag, which he placed between the divided nation, and said, 'Remember ye are brethren.' Instantly the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons, became friends once more and united around the National Standard.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia, and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were joined into one. And throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in the volume of the cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns, and cities that I beheld were springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark, shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel, upon whose head still shone the word "Union," and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens, attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle. Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, 'Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns, and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice, 'While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which was blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard, while the people, kneeling down, said, 'Amen.'

"The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, 'Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: Three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, passing which the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land, and the Union.' With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat, and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States."

"Such, my friends," concluded the venerable narrator, "were the words I heard from General Washington's own lips, and America will do well to profit by them."

How Close Are We To The End-Times 7 Year Period?
The Day of the Lord (Yom YHWH)
Events of the Day of the Lord (Yom YHWH)
A Temple WILL BE BUILT in Jerusalem Before Messiah Comes
The Good Friday Myth, Jesus Died on a Wednesday, Scriptures Prove!!

Home | Site Index | E-mail

My daughter, I see more Pharisees among Christians than there were around Pilate. -- St. Margaret of Cortona

You cannot please both God and the world at the same time, They are utterly opposed to each other in their thoughts, their desires, and their actions. -- St. John Vianney
Pheonix Renewed

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:48:57 PM »

Thank you for sharing that. I wasn't aware Washington had a prophetic vision.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

-Edmund Burke

Do not under-estimate your own mind. That is the NWO's job.

- Cathiasus
raiden654

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »

woah
hooooollllyyy shit.geuss we comin to the third i think.
aliveinchrist

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:08:16 PM »

Notice the ending.  It is a tough fight, but with God's help, the patriots are victorious!

http://www.PreservedWord.com

...the truth shall make you free.
John 8:32

While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when they loose their virtue they will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or INTERNAL invader...
- Samuel Adams
zafada
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:55:40 PM »

Ya know, there shouldn't be sides period.  This is our problem.  Everyone picks sides.  I'm personally on the side of earth's creatures.  Not humans though because we brought it on ourselves.
patrick
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:10:24 PM »

General George Washington was a freemason, and as such, was prone to false visions and that is what my theory of Washingtons "visions"
All you have to miss to be a false prophet is 1% !! If your "vision" doesnt come to pass exactly the way you saw it, then you are false!
George Washinton=False prophet!
My Great great grandfather fought for General Washinfgton, and knew him personally, he was a freemason first and an American second.
raiden654

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:38:03 PM »

hmmm i can only geuss what drugs made him see that hottie.back in the day weed/shrooms and all that was legal.but it wasnt such a big thing soo he ether actually saw this or he was trippin or maybe just a dream.ether way hooollllyy shit.then again the whole story could be false
Boubear
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 10:44:02 PM »

The most fearful is the third, passing which the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land, and the Union.'

It sounds like a false prophecy to me.  His God!!  Well an angel wouldn't say that, they know who God is and there is only one. 
raiden654

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »

thats one reason why i said it might be an acid trip.or maybe the angels realized there would be multiple religeions in the future and most religions are based off the same thing love and devotion.so maybe that explains it all
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »

I think you are reading too much into the "his God" term. I see nothing wrong with it.  Even Christ on the cross said "My God, My God"   nothing wrong with it.  I see this prophecy if it is true as a warning given to Washington of what will become of the new Republic.  Showing Washington what he was helping to create, although most likely with good intentions, it was not full proof.

My daughter, I see more Pharisees among Christians than there were around Pilate. -- St. Margaret of Cortona

You cannot please both God and the world at the same time, They are utterly opposed to each other in their thoughts, their desires, and their actions. -- St. John Vianney
Boubear
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 11:14:30 PM »

Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God,

No I don't think so, it sounds like multiple gods not just one.  An angel wouldn't say that!!
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 11:27:58 PM »

Well I cannot be sure of that.  It does not sound to me at all like multiple gods.  After all, God is Our God.  If the Angel was speaking to the people directly, it is very conceivable that he could say learn to live for your God.  And angels always appear in the form of a male, this apparition was a female.  For a Catholic mind, I would have to naturally think of the Blessed Virgin Mary or perhaps a female saint.  I will however say that in all of Catholic prophecy, not once did the Blessed Virgin appear to anyone about the fate of America in particular.

zafada
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 05:12:10 AM »

No I don't think so, it sounds like multiple gods not just one.  An angel wouldn't say that!!

Ha, damn man, I'd hate to keep promoting my homeboy's book but you should read what he has written about angels.  He's even decoded what he calls 'angelic script'.  I was right there when he explained it.

I'm sure you mean for your comment to be hypothetical...and I loathe religion but you should see this.  If I can get ahold of his word I'll let you know.  Keep in touch...
Triadtropz

Gods army is real..join up..

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 05:36:07 AM »

Ive heard stories where washington prayed for 12 hours at a time..good story...I see that third peril coming upon us...

one man with courage makes a majority..TJ
scary

Renegade

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 06:06:27 AM »

It's very interesting......

No doubt, the darkest period in humanity will be here soon. I just think it's interesting the army attacking everywhere.... is this the Russian's or? 

I have no problem with uniting, but are leaders, the federal reserve...these are not gentry of god.

Regardless, Take a look at history, ww1/ww2, and make it 25% worse, and I'd say thats the minimum of what we are fixing to deal with.

God gave us a awesome country, and it's been sold out to the evil's of the world.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God Eternal, hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man".  -Thomas Jefferson

www.wearechangemissouri.com
Triadtropz

Gods army is real..join up..

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 06:23:19 AM »

I think he's looking to asia and africa..the chinese have already basically taken over africa..whats next..I think if you prescribe to maos long march..the ultimate goal is dominance over the entire planet...I think the vision; is of the giant red army invading..

one man with courage makes a majority..TJ
Boubear
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 07:57:24 AM »

The only "whole world united" that scripture talks about is at Armaggadon, in the Valley of Jezreel in Israel!!  So again, an angel would not go against God's teaching, and teach that it's the US, that will get the "whole world united" in war against them!!
trailhound

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27:21 AM »

boubear wrote
The only "whole world united" that scripture talks about is at Armaggadon, in the Valley of Jezreel in Israel!!  So again, an angel would not go against God's teaching, and teach that it's the US, that will get the "whole world united" in war against them!!

would you might elaborating a bit on that thought?

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK
EvadingGrid
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 08:38:16 AM »

If you want to know what happens to America

(a) Listen to Alex long enough and he will at some point mention that the "Elites", those in the "Real Know" are packing up and leaving the country. When asked why they are leaving and whats going to happen two statements which might appear to contradict each other are stated "Americas not going to exist for much longer", and "America will turn into a literal Hell on Earth"

(b) Look at Revelations, I know its hard to understand. Dont panic, as you dont have to understand every world. The first horror is the Destruction of Babylon. It is this destruction of Babylon in "One Hour" by what appears to be Nukes, that destablizes and terrorizes the world that people become so frightend that the Anti Christ can make an appearance offering his solution, which is a One World Govt.

Boubear
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 08:47:14 AM »

boubear wrote

would you might elaborating a bit on that thought?

God said that All the world will unite in Israel, at "Mount Megiddo", in the valley of Jezreel, to fight at Armageddon.  What we are seeing now is not Armageddon, although I believe that the elites will want the world to think it is, for their own purpose!!

Rev 16:12      And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

Rev 16:13      And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs [come] out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

Rev 16:14      For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, [which] go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

Rev 16:15      Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed [is] he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

Rev 16:16      And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.
Boubear
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 08:52:02 AM »

If you want to know what happens to America

(a) Listen to Alex long enough and he will at some point mention that the "Elites", those in the "Real Know" are packing up and leaving the country. When asked why they are leaving and whats going to happen two statements which might appear to contradict each other are stated "Americas not going to exist for much longer", and "America will turn into a literal Hell on Earth"

(b) Look at Revelations, I know its hard to understand. Dont panic, as you dont have to understand every world. The first horror is the Destruction of Babylon. It is this destruction of Babylon in "One Hour" by what appears to be Nukes, that destablizes and terrorizes the world that people become so frightend that the Anti Christ can make an appearance offering his solution, which is a One World Govt.

Babylon doesn't get destroyed until the Lord returns.  So no this is still away!!  Although I'm sure there will be a war, and people will start thinking we are indeed in the book of Revelation!!

This is false, this is a great deception!!

Everyone, weither they are Christians or not know what is supposed to happen at Armageddon, the Lord returns!!  They will deceive everyone with their new age christ and most people will believe it. 

Even if people don't believe in this, the elites seem to be following what the Bible speaks of, so they will try to deceive everyone that Christ as returned!!
trailhound

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 09:14:05 AM »

What we are seeing now is not Armageddon, although I believe that the elites will want the world to think it is, for their own purpose!!

Yeah thats what i think too. Good call

"Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2
At the heart of that Western freedom and democracy is the belief that the individual man, the child of God, is the touchstone of value..." -RFK
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 09:32:12 AM »

I am glad to see people taking an interest in this thread now.  It is worth discussing.

independentWV
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 11:15:16 AM »

My family is related to George Washington inherited several books to note that his mother experienced vivid dreams reported in "Life of Washington" by M.L. Weems (1812).

Prophecy is proclaiming God's will and exhorting and encouraging God's people to righteousness, faithfulness and endurance. The message may expose the condition of a person's heart (1 Corinthians 14:25) or offer strengthening, encouragement, comfort, warning and judgment (14:3, 25-26, 31).

In reading this article it sounds as if "his God" is interpretation by Mr. Sherman.
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »

That is a good possibility IndependentWV.  I suppose nothing can really be ruled out.  One must admit at the least that it is interesting and not a complete waste of time to read it.  Thanks for the input.

hyperqube

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 11:31:43 AM »

It sounds like a false prophecy to me.  His God!!  Well an angel wouldn't say that, they know who God is and there is only one. 

true true, but the vision prophecy itself is a hoax.

Boubear
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 11:38:00 AM »

true true, but the vision prophecy itself is a hoax.

It sure sounds like it!! Where else lately have we heard of a beautiful girl angel??  Look up Todd Bentley!!
catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 11:50:51 AM »

"while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice"
"At this the dark, shadowy angel turned his face southward,

this passage says it is a male angel, not a female angel.  He never calls the beautiful female an angel from what I can tell.  The beautiful female could have been an apparition of a saint of the Blessed Virgin Mary.  Angels have always appeared as male.

lord edward coke

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God"

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2008, 07:27:21 PM »

"Then once more I beheld the villages, towns, and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice, 'While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.' And taking from his brow the crown on which was blazoned the word "Union," he placed it upon the Standard, while the people, kneeling down, said, 'Amen.'
                       ''azure standard''       is that a blue flag?       what is the color of the u.n. flag?    Huh

"Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is a history  of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it." http://sedm.org/
lessgov2007

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 07:38:54 PM »

And folks can't read something such as Washington's vision, which contains an occult meaning, without being clouded by the conditioning of Christianity. 

"God is truth, trust not religious doctrine, seek the truth, and you will find God."  -Me, Kenneth
EvadingGrid
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »

The word azure simply means "blue" and yes the UN colour is blue.

lord edward coke

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »

George Washington
"My ardent desire is, and my aim has been...to comply strictly with all our engagements foreign and domestic; but to keep the United States free from political connections with every other Country. To see that they may be independent of all, and under the influence of none. In a word, I want an American character, that the powers of Europe may be convinced we act for ourselves and not for others; this, in my judgment, is the only way to be respected abroad and happy at home."

"Government is not reason; it is not eloqence; it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."

"The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"

"Liberty has never come from government.  Liberty has always come from the subjects of government. The history of liberty is a history  of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it." http://sedm.org/
noi1134

h311i0n

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2008, 06:32:15 PM »

And folks can't read something such as Washington's vision, which contains an occult meaning, without being clouded by the conditioning of Christianity. 
+1

arguing about angels sex? I thought they were sexless, they are not physical, what use would they have for sexs? I think that there appearance would be mutable.. Christians are so harsh about strict lines.
lord edward coke

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2008, 11:39:46 PM »

From Washington's First Inaugural address, I hope that the foundation of our national policy will be laid in the pure and immutable principles of private morality. The preeminence of free government exemplifies by all the attributes which can win the affections of its citizens and command the respect of the world."

"The General orders this day to be religiously observed by the forces under his Command, exactly in manner directed by the Continental Congress. It is therefore strictly enjoined on all officers and soldiers to attend Divine service, And it is expected that all those who go to worship do take their arms, ammunition and accoutrements, and are prepared for immediate action, if called upon."

"The time is now near at hand which must probably determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their houses and farms are to be pillaged and destroyed, and themselves consigned to a state of wretchedness from which no human efforts will deliver them.

The fate of unborn millions will now depend. under God, on the courage of this army. Our cruel and unrelenting enemy leaves us only the choice of brave resistance, or the most abject submission. We have, therefore to resolve to conquer or die."

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion.

To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest Glory to laud the more distinguished Character of Christian."

In his Inaugural Speech, April 30, 1789,

"...it would be peculiarly improper to omit, in this first official act, my fervent supplications to that Almighty Being who rules over the universe, who presides in the councils of nations and whose providential aids can supply every human defect, that His benediction may consecrate to the liberties and happiness of the people of the United States a Government instituted by themselves for these essential purposes...."

"No people can be bound to acknowledge and adore the Invisible Hand which conducts the affairs of men more than the people of the United States."

October 3, 1789, National Day of Thanksgiving

"Whereas it is the duty of all nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore His protection and favor....

"Now, therefore, I do recommend and assign Thursday, the twenty-sixth day of November next, to be devoted by the people of these United States...

"that we then may all unite unto him our sincere and humble thanks for His kind care and protection ofthe people of this country previous to their becoming a nation; for the signal and manifold mercies and the favorable interpositions of His providence in the course and conclusion of the late war;

"for the great degree of tranquility, union, and plenty which we have since enjoyed; for the peaceable and rational manner in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national one now lately instituted; for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed....

"And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations, and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions...to promote the knowledge and practice of the true religion and virtue....

Given under my hand, at the city of New York, the 3rd of October, A.D. 1789"

George Washington's personal prayer book, consisting of 24 pages in his field notebook, written in his own handwriting, reveal the depth of his character:

"SUNDAY MORNING....Almighty God, and most merciful Father, who didst command the children of Israel to offer a daily sacrifice to Thee, that thereby they might glorify and praise Thee for Thy protection both night and day, receive O Lord, my morning sacrifice which I now offer up to thee;

"I yield Thee humble and hearty thanks, that Thou hast preserved me from the dangers of the night past and brought me to the Light of this day, and the comfort thereof, a day which is consecrated to Thine own service and for Thine own honour.

"Let my heart therefore gracious God be so affected with the glory and majesty of it, that I may not do mine own works but wait on Thee, and discharge those weighty duties Thou required of me: and since Thou art a God of pure eyes, and will be sanctified in all who draw nearer to Thee, who dost not regard the sacrifice of fools, nor hear sinners who tread in Thy courts, pardon I beseech Thee, my sins, remove them from Thy presence, as far as the east is from the west, and accept of me for the merits of Thy son Jesus Christ, that when I come into Thy temple and compass Thine altar, my prayer may come before Thee as incense, and as I desire Thou wouldst hear me calling upon Thee in my prayers, so give me peace to hear the calling on me in Thy word, that it may be wisdom, righteousness, reconciliation and peace to the saving of my soul in the day ofthe Lord Jesus.

"Grant that I may hear it with reverence, receive it with meekness, mingle it with faith, and that it may accomplish in me gracious God, the good work for which Thou hast sent it.

"Bless my family, kindred, friends and country, be our God and guide this day and forever for His sake, who lay down in the grave and arose again for us, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen."

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible."

"It is impossible to account for the creation of the universe, without the agency of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to govern the universe without the aid of a Supreme Being. It is impossible to reason without arriving at a Supreme Being."

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great Pillars of human happiness, these firmest props of the duties of Men and Citizens."

Washington proclaimed firearms to be "the people's liberty teeth."

catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2008, 11:16:39 AM »

+1

arguing about angels sex? I thought they were sexless, they are not physical, what use would they have for sexs? I think that there appearance would be mutable.. Christians are so harsh about strict lines.

Angels themselves do not have a gender, but they do seem to always appear in the form of a male.  It is quite clear reading the prophecy that George Washington saw a male angel and a lady.

lord edward coke,  great posts.  Thanks for the quotes.

lord edward coke

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 02:03:15 PM »

Angels themselves do not have a gender, but they do seem to always appear in the form of a male.  It is quite clear reading the prophecy that George Washington saw a male angel and a lady.

lord edward coke,  great posts.  Thanks for the quotes.
thanks you .............what do you make of the azure standard and the angel crowning it. and the u.n.  flag?

catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »

Well I am not certain.  I am not too good at depicting prophecies such as this.  However, seeing how it is an angel that brings the azure standard, I don't think it could be the u.n. because the u.n. is evil and the angel is good.  I will have to do some research on azure standards and see what other possibilities there could be.  An interesting thought however.

lord edward coke

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 02:29:37 PM »

Well I am not certain.  I am not too good at depicting prophecies such as this.  However, seeing how it is an angel that brings the azure standard, I don't think it could be the u.n. because the u.n. is evil and the angel is good.  I will have to do some research on azure standards and see what other possibilities there could be.  An interesting thought however.
not al angels good.

And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

the demons in hell are no longer angels, including Lucifer.   It would seem to me that the lady apparition is the Virgin Mary, and the vision she gives him would not depict a demon as an angel.  It just isn't the way that a heavenly vision would depict things.  If indeed this was a heavenly vision.

Ukrainian flag of 1848

Canadian Yukon flag

Pennsylvania flag

a few possibilities

catholicportugalian

Isabel la Catolica

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2008, 02:49:00 PM »

Scott's Flag of the Liberal Faction. As dictatorial acts contrary to the liberal Mexican Constitution of 1824 by the centralista dictatorship began to mount, the number of Texans known as the Liberal Faction or War Party increased while the Conservatives rallied under the Mexican flags of 1824 hoping for a peaceful settlement with their adopted government and a return to the principles of local self-determination. This banner was apparently the earliest symbol of those who had abandoned hopes for reconciliation. A banner of similar color and design without the lettering was first used in 1810 when American frontiersmen rebelled against Spanish authorities at Baton Rouge in Spanish West Florida.   Although never official, this design became famous as "The Bonnie Blue Flag"  symbol in the Confederate States of America after secession in 1861.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: