UNCRC Threatens U.S.A. soveriegnty

Author Topic: UNCRC Threatens U.S.A. soveriegnty  (Read 3855 times)

Offline floatingrocks

UNCRC Threatens U.S.A. soveriegnty
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:20:28 pm »
  The UNCRC.
Known as the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child. Under international law, the treaty overrides even our Constitution and could destroy American sovereignty by imposing international rulings on American law,
The treaty would largely hand over parental authority on such things as religious upbringing, discipline, and education to the government, which would be required to answer to the dictates of a liberal international committee. Just as disturbing, it would give children unprecedented rights against their parents—a reversal of roles
To get more info and to sign a petition go to the following website.
http://parentalrights.org/

This is not my site but I am an advocate for Parental Human Rights.
Obama and Hillary Clinton are pushing to have this ratified here in America.
Please educate yourselfs and help fight this.
News, videos, forum. Keep informed

Visit my website http://freedomvotes.webs.com/

Offline Freeski

Re: UNCRC Threatens U.S.A. soveriegnty
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 08:52:39 pm »
Why is an amendment needed at all? Doesn't the U.S. Constitution specifically identify the powers of the federal government, and all of those powers not specifically mentioned, default to the States, assuming State Constitutions even have any say in the matter themselves? And where does the United Nations get any authority on the issue anyway? Furthermore, there's the issue and danger of any changes to the Constitution because such a move would require a Constitutional Convention -- which in my understanding -- means the whole thing is then opened up and up for "change" (which is an extremely dangerous and serious threat to basically everything -- especially the 2nd Amendment). That's my understanding but I'm just a retarded Canuck so I may be way off base here.

I say boot the U.N. out and problem solved.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.