Strange cell phone call from 0000000000!

Author Topic: Strange cell phone call from 0000000000!  (Read 45142 times)

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
Strange cell phone call from 0000000000!
« on: August 07, 2008, 12:04:31 pm »
Yesterday, my wife was at work at a private medical practice, and said a bunch of people, including her, got a call on their cellphone all at the same time, and the number that showed on their phones was all zeros, and yet all of their phones didn't show an incoming call or missed call, and not all phones had this happen. And even more strange, not all cellphones of the same providers had it happen, but those it did happen to were of more than one carrier. This happened to not just employees, but also some patients in the office also.

I've never heard of this type thing. Is it some kind of emergency response system test like the tv and radio do? :-\
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10 (KJB)

Offline IridiumKEPfactor

Re: Strange cell phone call from 0000000000!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2008, 12:09:23 pm »
This may help.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20060922181827AArtTEA

Resolved QuestionShow me another »
000-000-0000 displayed on my cell caller id?
What does this mean? when someone has their caller id blocked, it comes up restricted or private and when it is from Canada it comes up as Out of Area. What do all the zeros mean? Thanks!
1 year ago
Additional Details
1 year ago

There was a man's voice on the other end, but I could not understand what he said. He talked so fast. So, don't think it's my provider. This is the first time this has ever happened.
1 year ago

Really? A telemarketer? Or is that a guess?
Report Abuse
 by Simon Legree Member since:
April 13, 2006
Total points:
6560 (Level 5)
Add to My Contacts

Block User

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
When it is 000-000-0000 it is a from someone using a phone card.
en espanol: no es "blocked", no es "restricted", no es"private", y no es "from Canada".
The 0's have no meaning. Hope it answered your questions.
1 year ago

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2008, 12:13:47 pm »
Sounds plausible for a call to one phone, but to a dozen or more phones all at once? It's almost like how an email blast is done to a list of addresses. This call was placed to many cells at the exact same time. All their phones started ringing at the same time. It seems there was some kind of automation going on.
"For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

Offline Pheonix Renewed

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:15 pm »
Sounds plausible for a call to one phone, but to a dozen or more phones all at once? It's almost like how an email blast is done to a list of addresses. This call was placed to many cells at the exact same time. All their phones started ringing at the same time. It seems there was some kind of automation going on.

It sounds vaguely like that cellphone horror movie. I hope she didn't answer it.  :o

Yeah, that's really creepy, and I also didn't think those answers were very helpful since it happened en masse like that. I think I'd be getting me a new cellphone number.
Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

-Edmund Burke

Do not under-estimate your own mind. That is the NWO's job.

- Cathiasus

angndon

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »
I've recieved calls like this 000-000-0000 and they are usually political calls.

zafada

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2008, 12:38:13 pm »
I've had this too.  Not in a while though.

Offline HYDROGENPAL

• Friends Of Austin, unite and create a plan..
    • Run your car on water.
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 12:40:42 pm »
its mind control call the pulse Frequencies directly at your brain when you answer the call

Project mk ultra
“He who fails to assert his rights has none.”

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2008, 12:40:49 pm »
The big difference here is that is was a mass call, instead of just to an individual, and no, she didn't answer.

So no one has heard of this happening to a group of people?

Offline HYDROGENPAL

• Friends Of Austin, unite and create a plan..
    • Run your car on water.
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:13 pm »
“He who fails to assert his rights has none.”

GoodBush

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 12:44:44 pm »
Maybe it's a test to get our cell phones in sync for one of their war games that have been declared against us.

Offline Norrin

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 12:57:31 pm »

The guy on the other end of the phone didn't whisper "Seven days" did he?  :P

Offline RickS

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 01:03:53 pm »
I answered one of those and suddenly had an urge to vote for obama.  ???  ...headed to PP forums immediately!
"The pacifist is as surely a traitor to his country and to humanity as is the most brutal wrongdoer"
Theodore Roosevelt

Offline GoingEtheric

• Seed the world with the truth
    • HollywoodInsiders.net
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 01:04:31 pm »
different cariers, same location means it was regional. The cell phone companies use different transmitters I think. Hmmm. That's weird.

Offline liko

• Freedom or Nothing!
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 01:12:28 pm »

I bet if you asked all of the regular's here,if they've had wierd cellphone calls ,i bet most would say yes.All of us would be "on the list".But do not bow to these school yard wimp's,who don't want to lose their toys!.They couldn't look into some-ones eye,while killing them.They get other's to do it from afar.They would say"honor" is just stupidity,that's because they don't have any.

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:16:46 pm »
I got one of those calls about 3 years ago.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline snarky comment

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 01:20:02 pm »
all zeros is BlockBuster calling.  you need to return your movies.  I am not kidding.  Google it

Offline Sue

• Read My Siginiture Line, Time is Short....
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 01:36:11 pm »
To all of you who have received these calls; do you have a reverse 911 system in your county? Mass calls are made on the reverse 911 system.

The reverse 911 system is used to send out warnings and evacuation orders.
The system was used extencively here in SanDiego back in 2007 during the wildfires.

Pray For America

Take Care
S. A. Robins

When it's Time
It's Time, and it may be sooner then you think.

Offline changedname

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 02:22:09 pm »
I have had calls from 777-888-9999 but don't answer them...I don't think there is such a number but I don't know how it is that these numbers can be manipulated in such a way unless somehow the telephone companies are involved...Does anyone know of a device that can be used to input numbers that would allow the caller to control numbers that show up on caller ID's?

Offline Nailer

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 07:31:45 pm »
The Government reapplying the tracking/wire tap  program on all cell phones..
I am a realist that is slightly conservative yet I have some republican demeanor that can turn democrat when I feel the urge to flip independant.

The truth shall set you free, if not a 45ACP round will do the trick.. HEHE

Offline JonTheSavage

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 07:39:07 pm »
In soviet russia phone answer you!

Offline Jordinosaur

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 07:46:18 pm »
I get calls on my home phone from 000-000-0000 anywhere from 3 to 5 times a day. i never answer it though, meh...

Offline mytee726

• Just the Facts and Truth is the best I can do
    • God and America
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2008, 07:51:13 pm »
To all of you who have received these calls; do you have a reverse 911 system in your county? Mass calls are made on the reverse 911 system.

The reverse 911 system is used to send out warnings and evacuation orders.
The system was used extencively here in SanDiego back in 2007 during the wildfires.

Now that makes more sense. they were testing the system and accidently sent it out or they were just trying it to see where certain people are at maybe it has something to do with GPS on the phones. who knows but the reverse 911 sounds more plausable.
Never Give up Never Surrender - Arguing about religion is like diving head first into newly discovered pool. You were not around when it was formed.

Offline Dig

• All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man.
    • Git Ureself Edumacated
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2008, 08:22:05 pm »
In soviet russia phone answer you!

OMFG LMFAOROTF
All eyes are opened, or opening, to the rights of man. The general spread of the light of science has already laid open to every view the palpable truth, that the mass of mankind has not been born with saddles on their backs, nor a favored few booted and spurred, ready to ride them legitimately

Offline rubbertramp

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2008, 08:53:44 pm »
I haven't experienced the zero thing, but i do have a strange thing going on with my cell. when i call out, i get the first ring loud and clear, then a noticable click before the volume drops. seems like someone else is also on the line.

Offline Sue

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2008, 09:36:25 pm »
I have had calls from 777-888-9999 but don't answer them...I don't think there is such a number but I don't know how it is that these numbers can be manipulated in such a way unless somehow the telephone companies are involved...Does anyone know of a device that can be used to input numbers that would allow the caller to control numbers that show up on caller ID's?

There is a website which for a fee will allow you to route your phne calls through the feature they offer is the ability to have the recipient's phone see any phone number the subscriber wishes them to see.

There are a bunch of ways to spoof land line caller ID.
The technology is week, the cellular network is a little more advanced but only a little.

Pray For America

Take Care
S. A. Robins

When it's Time

Offline NWOSCUM

• "Yuppie Scum"
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2008, 09:55:20 pm »
Means you're on Homeland Securitys Red List...... :o
"The receptivity of the great masses is very limited, their intelligence is small, and their power of forgetting is enormous." --Adolph Hitler, "Mein Kampf"

Offline Sue

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2008, 11:14:24 pm »
Means you're on Homeland Securitys Red List...... :o

and that just means you have nothing to loose and everything to gain.
Pray For America

Take Care
S. A. Robins

When it's Time

Offline an emcee

• Underground Hip-hop
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 02:00:35 am »
Yesterday, my wife was at work at a private medical practice, and said a bunch of people, including her, got a call on their cellphone all at the same time, and the number that showed on their phones was all zeros, and yet all of their phones didn't show an incoming call or missed call, and not all phones had this happen. And even more strange, not all cellphones of the same providers had it happen, but those it did happen to were of more than one carrier. This happened to not just employees, but also some patients in the office also.

I've never heard of this type thing. Is it some kind of emergency response system test like the tv and radio do? :-\

duude,its Blockbuster, you probably have an overdue rental.really thats what i get like every month.
"I first saw her at Palantine Campaign headquarters at 63rd and Broadway. She was wearing a white dress. She appeared like an angel. Out of this filthy mess, she is alone. They... cannot... touch... her."
-Taxi Driver

Offline Kilika

• Thank you Jesus!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 05:32:06 am »
Every month? MAYBE you should turn in your movies sooner? ;)

Yep, the call was strange, and I tend to agree that it was some kind of system test as being the most likely explanation. Now if all phones of the same carrier had received the call, and not just some in the building, I'd be pretty much convinced. But not all of the same carriers did, which is what makes it really strange.

I guess the test thing could be checked out. I do think we have the advanced 911 system in use here, which is easy enough the check.

Thanks for the input folks!

Offline Overcast

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 09:57:56 am »
I'd suspect it came from a close cell phone tower, maybe it was a telecom test or something similar at the tower. Just a pure out of the blue test.
And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

Offline zdux0012

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 05:07:57 pm »
If you really think big brother is on the phone then that is your chance to fcuk back with him.
Start telling him the names dates and locations of imaginary events that occur in the future.

Get off of Windows / Mac!! You are not safe.
Get an OS you can trust. Linux, Free BSD. Ask for help!

Offline Freeski

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 05:21:50 pm »
I answered one of those and suddenly had an urge to vote for obama.  ???  ...headed to PP forums immediately!

That's even worse than catching yourself singing Michael Bolton in the shower.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Filthy Rich

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 12:23:54 am »
That's even worse than catching yourself singing Michael Bolton in the shower.

Or worse yet, catching yourself singing WITH Michael Bolton in the shower   :o
I hate to say it, but remember how Santiago said that "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it?"

Well, I learned from history, but I AM STILL DOOMED TO REPEAT IT because more people care about American Idol than America's Survival...

Offline Freeski

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 12:38:05 am »
Or worse yet, catching yourself singing WITH Michael Bolton in the shower   :o

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeegad!!!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Freeski

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 12:39:00 am »
You win this round!

Offline mytee726

• Just the Facts and Truth is the best I can do
    • God and America
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 06:18:48 pm »
Every month? MAYBE you should turn in your movies sooner? ;)

Yep, the call was strange, and I tend to agree that it was some kind of system test as being the most likely explanation. Now if all phones of the same carrier had received the call, and not just some in the building, I'd be pretty much convinced. But not all of the same carriers did, which is what makes it really strange.

I guess the test thing could be checked out. I do think we have the advanced 911 system in use here, which is easy enough the check.

Thanks for the input folks!

Maybe it was a specic prefix like 222 or 234 something like that or a range like 111- 333 who knows there a lot of things they can do we do not even know about, shit they got guys just sittin around thinking shit up lol
Never Give up Never Surrender - Arguing about religion is like diving head first into newly discovered pool. You were not around when it was formed.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Toxophillite
  • Global Moderator
  • Rat Catcher
    • Mystery Babylon - MP3 Archive
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2012, 01:01:34 pm »
bump

Did we ever get to the bottom of this amidst the very witty replies ?
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me, Shall be my brother;

Global Gulag

Offline Effie Trinket

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2012, 01:16:48 pm »
There's a movie that this happens in from 2008.  Eagle Eye.

Sounds to me like it could be the "not possible to opt out of" "Presidential alert" system being tested.