Brocke's Truth Videos

Author Topic: Brocke's Truth Videos  (Read 81714 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
Brocke's Truth Videos
« on: July 29, 2008, 04:36:26 AM »
Five Steps to Tyranny

Five Steps to Tyranny tells the story of how human nature allows us to descend into a barbaric society. A primetime documentary film for the BBC's Human Rights Human Wrongs series.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
Re: Brocke's Truth Videos
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:38:37 AM »
The Secrets of Porton Down

Britain and the USA documented and continued Nazi research into mass killing after the war, combining it with their ... own. British war scientists accumulated data on how concentration camps worked, how people were killed in large numbers, what chemicals were used. Nerve gas, developed by the Nazis in 1943, was taken and improved upon by British and US governments. They tested chemical weapons by maiming, and sometimes killing, volunteers from the armed services. The documentary shows an increase in cooperation between the US and Britain in the development of nerve gas up until 1963. Access to information after 1963, under the 30 year Official Secrets Act (Britain), is restricted from the community. Survivors of experiments at Porton Down and other chemical testing facilities are interviewed in the documentary and chorus the need for other human “guinea pigs”, past and present, to speak up and expose this gross industry in death.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 04:40:00 AM »
The Chemical Scythe - Toxicity of Organophosphates

What are organophosphates? There are almost 900 different bug killers (pesticides) that can be used in the United States. A small number (37) belong to a class of insect killers (insecticides) known as organophosphates. The chemicals in this class kill insects by disrupting their brains and nervous systems. Unfortunately, these chemicals also can harm the brains and nervous systems of animals and humans. These chemicals stop a key enzyme in the nervous system called cholinesterase from working, and this can make people ill. Fluoride is an organophosphate.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 04:41:18 AM »
Indoctrinate U

Speech codes. Censorship. Sensitivity training. Political conformity and rehabilitation. Intolerance. Hostility to religion. Violations of freedom of speech and conscience. Kangaroo courts. We usually associate such things with the repressive regimes of North Korea, China, Cuba, and the former Soviet Union. But instead, this assault on free thought is taking place all over America--right now--on our nation's campuses.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 04:42:55 AM »
King Corn

A feature documentary about two friends, one acre of corn, and the subsidized crop that drives our fast-food nation. In Maise, Ian Cheney and Curt Ellis, best friends from college on the east coast, move to the heartland to learn where their food comes from. With the help of friendly neighbors, genetically modified seeds, and powerful herbicides, they plant and grow a bumper crop of America's most-productive, most-subsidized grain on one acre of Iowa soil. But when they try to follow their pile of corn into the food system, what they find raises troubling questions about how we eat-and how we farm.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 04:44:11 AM »
TAKING LIBERTIES

TAKING LIBERTIES is a shocking but hilarious polemic documentary that charts the destruction of all your Basic Liberties under ... 10 Years of New Labour. Released to coincide with Tony Blair's departure, the film and the book follow the stories of normal people who's lives have been turned upside down by injustice - from being arrested for holding a placard outside parliament to being tortured in Guantanamo Bay

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 04:45:27 AM »
Blowin' In The Wind

Blowin' In The Wind is the latest film from two-time Academy Award nominee, David Bradbury - arguably Australia's most ... contentious and provocative documentary filmmaker. It examines the secret treaty that allows the US military to train and test its weaponry on Australian soil. It looks at the impact of recycled uranium weapons and the far-reaching physical and moral effects on every Australian. The film's release is timely as the government currently moves to approve more uranium mines while arguing the contrary - that by going nuclear we are being both 'safe' and 'green'. Blowin' In The Wind reveals that Iraqi babies are now being born with major birth defects. Bradbury wonders whether Australians living downwind from the military testing ranges will be next. He argues that we were lied to by the British over the Woomera and Maralinga atomic tests. Can we trust another equally powerful partner in our 'war on terror'?

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 04:46:48 AM »
Children of the Secret State

Children of the Secret State is a documentary on homeless North Korean orphans. It was shot by a UK film duo in conjunction with underground North Korean cameramen. Children of the Secret State' is an investigation into North Korea, considered by many as the last Stalinist dictatorship, a hidden and sealed country riddled with propaganda and saturated with hostility to democracy and the West. His devastating footage shows some of the estimated 200,000 street children, mainly orphans, foraging for food in the mud and the gutters, ignored by the adults around them and ignored by the state which claims they are at its bosom.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 04:47:56 AM »
Introduction to Punishment Park

In 2005 Director Peter Watkins gave an updated introduction to his controversial 1971 film Punishment Park. The issues are ... more relevant than ever and his introduction deals with such problems as Marshall Law, and domestic civilian interment camps.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 04:50:19 AM »
Death by Design

http://www.livevideo.com/video/6EA98C643042448D9F6FA29CD0108B06/death-by-design-1-of-5-1995.aspx

Death by Design fascinating subject: programmed cell death. Taking us deep into the mysteries of cellular biology. Death by Design makes the invisible a thing of kinetic beauty. The Life and Times of Life and Times An edgy yet witty treatise on an enduring scientific and philosophical mystery: Why do we age? For that matter, why does anything in the material world change over time, and what does time mean in a biological sense? Several garrulous scientists seem happy to expound on one or another aspect of these questions. Scientists have learned to lengthen the life span of, say, fruit flies by delaying their reproductive period. If there is such a thing as a fountain of youth, it all comes down to genetics.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline iks83

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 05:24:02 AM »
Awww the first video seems to be very interesting but why put them on veoh where you have to install software to be able to play it. Its like inviting tyranny on your computer. Just a tool for control and to get you to shackle yourself to them.

Offline KiwiClare

• Either you're with us or with the terrorists
    • Northland New Zealand Chemtrails Watch
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 06:26:57 AM »
Thank-you Brocke.  I watched the documentary about Porton Downs followed by the The Chemical Scythe - Toxicity of Organophosphates.
 Had I not watched them in close proximity I would not have noticed that Porton Downs was testing the effects of small amounts of nerve gas on humans and this chemical(s), I understand was present in the sheep dip that was causing serious health problems in the farmers in 'The Chemical Scythe'. 
That is if I understood it correctly.
  It occurred to me that allowing a chemical with known serious side effects to be used by the farmers without a health warning may have been a deliberate ploy to undermine the farming industry.  (Evidence shows that Porton Downs lab was responsible for the foot and mouth outbreak in the UK also. The disease came from there.)
  Thanks to the work at Porton Downs, as I understood it, the government knew well the health effects of the sheep dip chemicals, but kept quiet about them.

More about chemical testing on humans here:
http://home.iae.nl/users/lightnet/world/chemicaltesting.htm

To be persuasive, we must be believable,
To be believable, we must be credible,
To be credible, we must be truthful.
- Edward R. Murrow

Offline Cywar

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 09:08:45 AM »
Five Steps to Tyranny

Five Steps to Tyranny tells the story of how human nature allows us to descend into a barbaric society. A primetime documentary film for the BBC's Human Rights Human Wrongs series.

A Classroom Divided

One day in 1968, Jane Elliott, a teacher in a small, all-white Iowa town, divided her third-grade class into blue-eyed and brown-eyed groups and gave them a daring lesson in discrimination. This is the story of that lesson, its lasting impact on the children, and its enduring power thirty years later

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6189991712636113875&q=3rd+grade+brown+eyed+people&ei=7xGPSLWaGoqS4wL6z4CLCA&hl=en
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 04:04:43 PM »
A Classroom Divided

One day in 1968, Jane Elliott, a teacher in a small, all-white Iowa town, divided her third-grade class into blue-eyed and brown-eyed groups and gave them a daring lesson in discrimination. This is the story of that lesson, its lasting impact on the children, and its enduring power thirty years later

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6189991712636113875&q=3rd+grade+brown+eyed+people&ei=7xGPSLWaGoqS4wL6z4CLCA&hl=en

;D Cool! Thanks for that!

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Cywar

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 08:16:41 PM »
;D Cool! Thanks for that!

Thank you as well
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."

—Albert Einstein

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 12:28:29 AM »
Strange Culture

The surreal nightmare of internationally-acclaimed artist and professor Steve Kurtz began when his wife Hope died in her sleep of heart failure. Police who responded to Kurtz's 911 call deemed Kurtz's art suspicious and called the FBI. Within hours the artist was detained as a suspected "bioterrorist" as dozens of federal agents in Hazmat suits sifted through his work and impounded his computers, manuscripts, books, his cat, and even his wife's body. Today Kurtz and his long-time collaborator Dr. Robert Ferrell, Professor of Genetics at the University of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, await a trial date.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 04:59:37 AM »
Windscale - Brittan's Worst Nuclear Disaster

On the night of 10 October 1957, Britain was on the brink of an unprecedented nuclear tragedy. A fire ripped through the radioactive materials in the core of Windscale, Britain's first nuclear reactor.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 05:01:32 AM »
The Business Of Being Born

Interviews with a number of obstetricians, experts and advocates about the history, culture and economics of childbirth. The film‟s fundamental question: should most births be viewed as a natural life process, or should every delivery be treated as a potential medical emergency? As Epstein uncovers some surprising answers, her own pregnancy adds a very personal dimension to THE BUSINESS OF BEING BORN, a must-see movie for anyone even thinking about having a baby.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 05:08:32 AM »
Death by Excited Delirium: Diagnosis or Coverup?

NPR report.
You may not have heard of it, but police departments and medical examiners are using a new term to explain why some people suddenly die in police custody. It's a controversial diagnosis called excited delirium. But the question for many civil liberties groups is, does it really exist?

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 05:11:23 AM »
South Ossetia

Georgia, South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Adjaria The former Soviet state of Georgia has a particular problem with breakaway states. After independence from Moscow three parts of the country – South Ossetia, Abkhazia and Adjaria, broke away from Georgia. Conflicts broke out, thousands were killed, and the whole region has suffered ever since. The new President of Georgia, who Simon meets in a lift, is trying to re-unify the country, but he faces a difficult task. Simon travels across the frontline to visit South Ossetia – a self-declared country which has had its own flag, army and government for 12 years. The Ossetian people speak a different language to Georgians, and their government has vowed to fight to the death rather than rejoin the Georgian fold.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2008, 05:41:35 PM »
Crossing the Line

In 1962, a U.S. soldier sent to guard the peace in South Korea deserted his unit, walked across the most heavily fortified area on earth and defected to the Cold War enemy, the communist state of North Korea. He then simply disappeared from the face of the known world. He became a coveted star of the North Korean propaganda machine, and found fame acting in films, typecast as an evil American.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 05:29:45 PM »
Global Haywire

Notable thinkers like Arundathi Roi, George Monbiot, the journalist and writer Robert Fisk, Gore Vidal are interviewed as are students from both the western and eastern worlds. This ambitious film wears its outraged heart on its sleeve as it points the finger at colonialism and capitalism as the source of the world’s ills. In terms of creative concept Petty has outdone himself, blending archive footage which serves at times both a humourous and deadly serious purpose, with a committee made up of live actors – Robyn Nevin, Barry Otto - and dead people like Gandhi, Virginia Woolf and Shakespeare, with the voyage of Vince, imaginatively depicted by this ace animator and with the interviews.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Biggs

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2008, 11:09:40 AM »
some gems here Brocke, many thanks
STOP THE KILLING NOW
END THE CRIMINAL SIEGE OF GAZA - FREE PALESTINE!!!!!!!

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2008, 11:49:38 PM »
Robert Redford on Three Days of the Condor

Robert Redford dicusses Three Days of the Condor and his thoughts on Big Oil and the controled MSM.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2008, 12:32:11 AM »
Presidential Handlers - From the Spartan

A Secret Service agent tells the Special Forces operative that the President has "Handlers".

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2008, 01:41:16 AM »
Clip - The Island

In this scene from The Island Dr. Merrick explains to Albert Laurent the programing used on the "inventory".

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 07:57:17 PM »
Clip - Chronicles of Riddick

UN - derverse

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2008, 05:13:14 PM »
The Listening

Estranged by the degree of corporate influence within the largest U.S. listening station in the world, an aging NSA officer defects and mounts a clandestine counter-listening station high in the Italian alps.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Freeski

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2008, 07:22:06 PM »
The Listening

Estranged by the degree of corporate influence within the largest U.S. listening station in the world, an aging NSA officer defects and mounts a clandestine counter-listening station high in the Italian alps.

Bumping so I don't forget and it looks like you no longer have to download anything for veoh vids to work.
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »
Television Under the Swastika

Legend has it that the triumphal march of television began in the United States in the 'fifties. But in reality its origins hark back much further. As early as the 'thirties, a bitter rivalry raged for the world's first television broadcast. Nazi Germany wanted to beat the competition from Great Britain and the U.S. - at all costs.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2008, 03:14:14 AM »
Apologies, my Veoh account was suspended due to alleged copyright infringement.

I will start again from scratch.

If you are interested in any of the vids I had there please PM me and I'll point you in the right direction.

Sorry guys.

And thanks to Biggs and jimd3100 for making this thread a sticky, I really appreciate the recognition!

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Freeski

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2008, 10:36:36 PM »
You rock!
"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 02:07:49 AM »
Ostricized: Jacques Benveniste

Benveniste was at the center of a major international controversy in 1988, when he published a paper in the prestigious scientific journal Nature describing the action of very high dilutions of anti-IgE antibody on the degranulation of human basophils, findings which seemed to support the concept of homeopathy. Biologists were puzzled by Benveniste's results, as only molecules of water, and no molecules of the original antibody, remained in these high dilutions. Benveniste concluded that the configuration of molecules in water was biologically active; a journalist coined the term water memory for this hypothesis. He also asserted that this "memory" could be digitized, transmitted, and reinserted into another sample of water, which would then contain the same active qualities as the first sample.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »
Crossing The Line (aka My Trip to North Korea ;) )

In 1962, a U.S. soldier sent to guard the peace in South Korea deserted his unit, walked across the most heavily fortified area on earth and defected to the Cold War enemy, the communist state of North Korea. He then simply disappeared from the face of the known world. He became a coveted star of the North Korean propaganda machine, and found fame acting in films, typecast as an evil American.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2008, 04:19:01 AM »
1990 - 1. Creed of Slaves

Synopsis : "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants. It is the creed of slaves" (William Pitt). Home Affairs correspondent Jim Kyle, a journalist for one of Britain's three remaining newspapers, provides assistance to a doctor struggling to help his asthmatic daughter leave the United Kingdom. His endeavours bring him into close contact with the Public Control Department and its tools of bureaucratic repression.

=======================================================================================

HISTORY OF THE SERIES

BBC2 1977 - 1978

"Britain under the heel of the PCD, the Department of Public Control, the instrument of an all-powerful bureaucracy".
Set a further six years on from George Orwell's prophetic novel, 1990 is Wilfred Greatorex's disturbing vision of what life
might be like for all of us here in Britain in thirteen years' time: a bureaucracy run riot, top heavy with administrators, all
controlling our every step. Woodward recalls how during the making of the series he would feel that occasionally the
picture was a bit far-fetched. "Then I would pick up a newspaper and read some ordinary item of day-to-day life - and
there it all was already. Red-tape, the VAT man, forms, identification. It's much more frightening than 1984 because it's
closer to us than Orwell's book was to his own generation. It's really just around the corner. I mean, just think how difficult
it is to find who's responsible for things nowadays".

Woodward, who plays the cool, subversive journalist Kyle in the series, says that his own attitudes to life have not
changed substantially during the series. He has become, he admits, a bit more aware perhaps. "But the series reflects
my ideas anyway. I find it abhorrent that a man or a woman today has got involved in a vast, a glutinous, a jelloid attitude
whereby individualism has become a dirty word to everyone in power. You don't know any more what to put your finger
on. It's like dropping an apple into the water down there and trying to pick it up as it bobs about". Ostensibly a calm
man, untheatrical in manner, his tone is surprisingly vehement. A freckled face, a panama hat, canvas shoes, at forty-
seven he looks for all the world more like a Mediterranean habitué than a political polemicist. But then, as he points out,
1990 is not about politics as such. "It's about how the majority of people have become non-productive administrators to
the administration. Parliament is just a cipher - it's irrelevant which party is in power. The great thing for all of us while
we were doing it was to keep a political balance. That was vital for the feasibility of the message. It's no good slamming
the unions, inefficiency, or the corruption of big business. You've really got to say," turning Shakespearian for a second,
"a plague o' both your houses…".

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2008, 12:25:46 AM »
1990 - 2. When Did You Last See Your Father?

Synopsis : "We don't make laws, we only carry them out". Despite the Home Secretary's abolition of all exit visa appeals, Kyle has successfully helped Doctor Vickers leave the United Kingdom, but without his wife and daughter. He invests his hopes in the international law which states that his family can join him, provided he can attain residency status in another country. However, the Public Control Department are determined to exercise any legal loophole at their disposal to block Vickers' efforts, and in so doing put paid to Kyle's interference - permanently.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2009, 03:10:30 PM »
CLIP - Herrison Bergeron

THE YEAR WAS 2081, and everybody was finally equal. They weren’t only equal before God and the law. They were equal every which way. Nobody was smarter than anybody else. Nobody was better looking than anybody else. Nobody was stronger or quicker than anybody else. All this equality was due to the 211th, 212th, and 213th Amendments to the Constitution, and to the unceasing vigilance of agents of the United States Handicapper General.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 07:04:41 AM »
This is a bit long but please bear with me...it's worth it.

Flicker
Examples of Wide Spectrum Mind Control in Film and Television

(1)
The Novel
Flicker
By Theodore Roszak
ISBN 0-553-29792-9

In 1991 a professor emeritus of history at California State University named Theodore Roszak published a novel entitled Flicker. Described as ‘A novel of suspense involving tangled conspiracies and dark obsessions in the mysterious film industry from the author of the highly acclaimed The Making of a Counterculture’ Flicker, a complex mystery set in Los Angeles in the 1970’s, centers around a film student Jonathan Gates and his obsession with a B horror film director Max Castle. This obsession eventually leads Jonathan to discover Castle’s use of subliminal messages, mind control, mood altering imagery secretly embedded into movies with the intent of terrifying the audience.

(2)
The Book
Chapel Of Extreme Experience:
A Short History of Stroboscopic Light and the Dream Machine
By John Grigsby Geiger

The true story of how the discovery of flicker potentials, and scientific observations about strange patterns, organized hallucinations, and even the displacement of time derived from stroboscopic light, very nearly resulted in a Dream Machine in every suburban living room. William S. Burroughs said: "Flicker administered under large dosage and repeated later could well lead to overflow of brain areas ... Anything that can be done chemically can be done in other ways." Aldous Huxley called it "an aid to visionary experience."

Author John Grigsby Geiger was born in Ithaca, New York, and graduated in history from the University of Alberta. The author of five books of non-fiction, his work has been translated into nine languages. He is Editorial Board Editor at The Globe and Mail, and a Senior Fellow at Massey College, University of Toronto. He is a Governor of the Royal Canadian Geographical Society and Chairman of the Society's Expeditions Committee, a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society and the Explorers Club, and a Member of the Advisory Board of Wings Worldquest.

(3)
The Documentary
FLicKeR (2008)
Director:
Nik Sheehan
Writers:
John Geiger (book) - Chapel Of Extreme Experience: A Short History of Stroboscopic Light and the Dream Machine
Nik Sheehan (written by)
Genre:
Documentary

Plot:
Artist Brion Gysin developed the Dream Machine. The device has in its core a 100-watt light bulb, which is surrounded by a spinning open column with windows to allow the light to shine through. To be experienced with ones eyes closed, the Dream Machine has a flickering effect of light and dark, much like a strobe light. The experience has been described as hypnotic or hallucinogenic. Some have called the Dream Machine a drug-less high. Gysin, through archival interviews, many of the Dream Machine's users, some of whom are friends of Gysin, and scientists tell of their experiences with the machine and speculate on its physiological effects.
The true story of how the discovery of flicker potentials, and scientific observations about strange patterns, organized hallucinations, and even the displacement of time derived from stroboscopic light, very nearly resulted in a Dream Machine in every suburban living room. William S. Burroughs said: "Flicker administered under large dosage and repeated later could well lead to overflow of brain areas ... Anything that can be done chemically can be done in other ways." Aldous Huxley called it "an aid to visionary experience."

(4)
The Film (from the novel of the same name)
Writers:
Theodore Roszak (novel)
Jim Uhls (screenplay)
Release Date:
2011 (USA)

Plot:
After becoming obsessed with the work of a hack filmmaker, a Los Angeles film student concludes that B movies are part of a plot to obliterate life on Earth. Based on the novel of the same name by Theodore Roszak.

FLicKeR The Documetary

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v1841350795yNBeHD

Other References
“Flickering is the opposing changes in intensity of luminosity. This is usually caused by flashing, but can also be caused by spatial contrast patterns that oscillate at dangerous frequencies; the type of images that people create to deliberately stimulate a response in the recipient that makes them believe the image is moving or changing. For people with photosensitive epilepsy, flickering causes many of the nerve cells that process visual stimuli to all fire at once, resulting in a seizure”
“Along with the frequency of the flickering, the size and luminous intensity of the stimuli is significant for people with photosensitive epilepsy. The greater the intensity and larger the size of the stimuli, the greater the danger of provoking seizures caused by flickering at dangerous frequencies.”

“The colour red is particularly dangerous due to its longer wavelength that stimulates cones in the retina. There have been cases where photosensitive epileptic seizures have been triggered by cyclists while setting up the red flashing rear lights on their bicycle. Even when there is no perceived difference in the luminosity of the contrasting colours, red flickering is far more likely to cause seizures than other colours.”

“Television programmes are thought to be the most common cause for triggering photosensitive epileptic seizures. The most famous incident of photosensitive epilepsy caused by a television programme is the Pokémon episode, Electronic Soldier Porygon , which was aired in Japan in 1997. Nearly 700 children were admitted to hospital through photosensitive epilepsy that was thought to have been induced by the episode.”

People with photosensitive epilepsy can have seizures triggered by flickering or flashing in the 4 to 59 flashes per second (Hertz) range with a peak sensitivity at 20 flashes per second as well as quick changes from dark to light (like strobe lights).When content violates either the general flash threshold or the red flash threshold , users are warned in a way that they can avoid it Content does not violate the general flash threshold or red flash threshold “Allowing people to choose whether or not they receive the content is better than not providing a warning, but there are other factors to consider. The first is that as photosensitive epilepsy is most common in children, it could be that they don’t understand or appreciate the significance of the warning. It isn’t just children; people with reading difficulties or speakers of languages other than the language of the warning may also inadvertently be exposed to content that could induce seizures.”

“Although the size of the stimuli is significant, there is still a danger of material that is considered to be safe being changed by the visitor. For example, low vision users increasing the size of flickering material, or someone leaning in close to the screen.”
“The safest way to avoid causing photosensitive epilepsy is to completely avoid creating web content that flickers.”
“People with photosensitive epilepsy who suddenly find themselves exposed to material that could trigger a seizure should immediately cover one eye with the palm of their hand to reduce the number of brain cells that are stimulated by the flickering content, and either close the page or navigate away from the page.”

“Photosensitive epilepsy is a form of epilepsy that is triggered by visual stimuli, such as flickering or high contrast oscillating patterns, and it’s believed that around 3% to 5% of people with epilepsy are susceptible to photosensitive material. Photosensitive epilepsy is usually triggered where the flicker rate is between 16Hz to 25Hz, although it’s not uncommon for seizures to be triggered by flicker rates between 3Hz to 60Hz. The condition most commonly effects children, and is usually developed between the ages of 9 and 15 years, and most prevalent in females.”

http://cellphonesafety.wordpress.com/2006/10/05/what-is-flickering-or-the-flicker-rate/

~Aldous Huxley

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 08:35:56 PM »

Don't Have Your Baby In A Hospital

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/educational_and_howto/watch/v18550583jWD3Rn7X

Drug-induced labor doubles the risk of death from rare complication.

An analysis in Great Britain revealed that women were 5.5 times more likely to die of an elective cesarean, than a vaginal birth (9 versus 2 per 100,000).

A Dutch study found that c-sections caused seven times more deaths than vaginal births (28 versus 4 per 100,000). Obviously some factors that lead to c-section also threaten the mother's life.

However, the British study used elective cesarean to minimize that possibility and the Dutch study investigated the exact cause of death. The numbers in the British study may also be low. Data culled from vital statistics under count cesarean death rates by 40 to 50 percent.

~Aldous Huxley

Offline phosphene

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »

FLicKeR The Documetary

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/technology_and_gaming/watch/v1841350795yNBeHD

the "FLicKeR" documentary is bad ass! nice link. Along similar psychedelic lines....

The Avant-Garde filmmakers were/are interested in what happened to their films after they enter the eye. Scientifically, "watching a movie" is simply light bouncing off a wall then into your light sensing organs...your eyes. Everything after that happens inside your mind.

ie: If you show an abstract/non-narrative film to 50 people, every individual has their own personal film interpretation inside their mind. So, 1 film can produce 50 entirely different interpretations at the same time.

The ideas of these Avant-Garde filmmakers explore reality...."i think, therefore i am","Matrix" kinda stuff. They're also about freedom: You don't have a "story line" or "plot" telling you what to think. Also, abstract is the opposite of propaganda. Avant-Garde ideas scare the NWO.

Stan Brakhage (RIP)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0104132/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3nDgnC7M8
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=stan+brackhage&aq=f
"A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."--Joshua