Video: Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes

Author Topic: Video: Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Alchematron

• Alchemy The Science of Enlightenment
Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Red_Cross_finds_Bush_admininstration_guilty_0712.html

In a secret report last year, the Red Cross found evidence of the CIA using torture on prisoners that would make the Bush administration guilty of war crimes, The New York Times reported Friday.

The Red Cross determined the culpability of the Bush administration after interviewing prisoners at Guantanamo Bay, according to the article.

Prisoner Abu Zubaydahwho said he had been waterboarded, "slammed against the walls" and confined in boxes "so small he said he had to double up his limbs in the fetal position."

The information comes from a new book written by Jane Meyer, who has frequently published articles concerning counter-terrorism in The New Yorker.

The book is titled "The Dark Side: The Inside Story of How the War on Terror Turned Into a War on American Ideals," and will be released next week.

Mayer cited "sources familiar with the report" to explain the confidential document as a warning "that the abuse constituted war crimes, placing the highest officials in the U.S. government in jeopardy of being prosecuted."

The report was submitted to CIA last year and concluded that American interrogation methods are "categorically" torture that violates both domestic and international law, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow reported Friday.

Although the CIA had already admitted to the use of waterboarding, Meyer says in the book that several CIA officers confirm the findings of the Red Cross, including the other forms of torture mentioned.

Maddow called George W. Bush a "torture-approver-in-chief who has yet to be held to account for anything" and said that congressman Dennis Kucinich had reintroduced his articles of impeachment against the president.

Maddow questioned constitutional law expert Johnathan Turley about the development.

"The problem for the bush admin is that they perfected plausible deniability techniques," Turley said. "They bring out one or two people that are willing to debate on cable shows whether waterboarding is torture and it leaves the impression that its a closed question.

"It's not. It's just like the domestic surveillance program that the federal court said just a week ago was also not just a closed question."

When asked by Maddow if the chances are now greater that Bush will be prosecuted now or after leaving office by the international community, Turley compared the situation to Serbia in the early 90s.

"I'd never thought I would say this, but I think it might in fact be time for the United States to be held internationally to a tribunal. I never thought in my lifetime I would say that."

Offline EchelonMonitor

• Infowars Ning Network--upload your photos for posting in the forum
Re: Video: Red Cross Finds Bush Administration Guilty of War Crimes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 06:25:12 AM »
And the Dems will say prosecution would be bad for the country and hope the people eventually forget under the fanfare of an Obama victory.

Bush is a moron puppet--Cheney, Wolfowitz and Rove are pure evil--but Pelosi and most of the Dems are the real traitors.

Offline den carts

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »
If they try to prosecute now, it guarantees bush will declare marshal law and cancel the next election.
Maybe they should just stick with impeachment first.

Offline EchelonMonitor

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 01:52:59 PM »
If they try to prosecute now, it guarantees bush will declare marshal law and cancel the next election.
Maybe they should just stick with impeachment first.

You think he won't try it if they start the impeachment process?

They could leave it up to the international criminal court, but they would have to join it first.

Offline HiQConsoul

• It's NOT THAT SIMPLE!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2008, 03:36:45 PM »
Don't know at all about this, but if someone charged with a crime tries to invoke martial law as a result, won't it seem as a confirmation/admission of guilt, perhaps effectively cancelling/hindering th execution of said martial law?... just wondering...

edit: theyre going pretty strong in that news feed vid thing tho.. stuff might start happening relatively soon, whatever that stuff will be... most interesting... *packs a few cans and the swiss army knife, plans an escape route, sets checkpoints, plans resting places and sits back waiting for the show to begin* ...
Give us hope // Maybe rather than live as beast Draba chose to die as man - a chick in Spartacus. // 'No, that's where I draw the line. I'll beat 'em up, but I don't want to kill 'em.' - Muhammed Ali // Welcome to the ancient epic battle of good and evil..

Offline chris jones

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2008, 04:04:13 PM »

Th Red Cross, in secret made this report. Well golly Gee, why in secret and why now, and not when they discovered this abomination.

I Don't buy into it, Bush is about done for as the truth is coming out, and now the rats are coming up with the truth,even Pelosi, with her betrayal, *impeachemnt is off the table* is attmpting to get in the peoples good books with an apparent change of heart on the impeachment presented by Congressman K.

Who do these people think they are, have they lost all track of human basic morals, yes!!!! The hard part to swallow is what they think of the American people. I heard a Pol. call us the worms in their breeding grounds, does that sum it up.

They are cowards manipulating the masses. Without us what would they be, no gov. privledges,  but wealthy little shiiits catered to by us peons who at least would recieve a salary(servants, maids, nannys, etc).
They need us a F**k of a lot more than we need them.
We fight their insane and illegal wars, sacrifice our children for their profits, pay for their abominations and genocide and it is us who protect them.
 They dictate to us though their seat of power, and their deceptions, they are rotten to the core.

Offline Kregener

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2008, 04:07:33 PM »
An international organization with a secret agenda issues a secret report.

Film at 11...
Going to church does not make you a Christian any more than going to a hospital makes you a doctor.

Stop thinking in terms of left and right and start thinking in terms of right and wrong

Offline EchelonMonitor

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2008, 05:07:23 PM »
An international organization with a secret agenda issues a secret report.

Film at 11...

Actually, they didn't release it--it was reported in what looks like an interesting book called:

The Dark Side by Jane Mayer

The inside story of how the war on terror turned into a war on American ideals.