How Hani Hanjour stumbled into Al Qaeda

Author Topic: How Hani Hanjour stumbled into Al Qaeda  (Read 8615 times)

Offline jimd3100

• Global Moderator
How Hani Hanjour stumbled into Al Qaeda
« on: June 01, 2008, 05:34:31 PM »
The beginning of the Al Qaeda myth started with operation cyclone.

Operation Cyclone was the code name for the United States Central Intelligence Agency program to arm the Afghan mujahideen during the Soviet war in Afghanistan, 1979 to 1989.[1] American funding begin with $20-30 million per year in 1980 and rose to $630 million per year in 1987.

The program relied heavily on using the Pakistani Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) as an intermediary for funds distribution.

Sale of non-U.S. arms to Pakistan for destination to Afghanistan was facilitated by Israel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

Fake "charity" organizations were set up for recruitment and training. One of the main ones was called The Al Kifah Refugee Center. Private donations and charities were also set up including Maktab al-Khidamat aka Mak, and later aka Al Qaeda.

These were also the beginnings of the Brooklyn "terrorist" cell that was responsible for the first WTC bombing in 1993.

The Al Kifah Refugee Center is a charity that was active in the United States The charity was based in Brooklyn, and Tucson Arizona.

According to Cooperative Research the center had clandestine links to forces fighting in Afghanistan dating to the late 1980s, when the fighters enjoyed American support in their struggle against the Soviet occupiers.[2] They assert that funds raised in the USA were covertly sent to Maktab al-Khidamat, an organization they say Osama bin Laden was later to transform into AL Qaeda.

Cooperative Research asserts that Ali Mohamed, an instructor at Fort Bragg offered military and demolition training through the center.[2] They assert El-Sayyid Nosair recruited students for this military training conducted through the center. They assert that some of those involved in bombing of the World Trade Center received training from Ali Mohamed through the center.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Kifah_Refugee_Center

According to Gerald Posner's book Why America Slept: The Failure to Prevent 9/11:

"The center's director was Emir Mustafa Shalabi, a young Egyptian immigrant with a shock of red hair. Shalabi was infused with the same religious fervor for the Afghan cause that roused many young Muslims who regarded it as a holy war to liberate an Islamic country from communist domination. Neighbors began calling Alkifah the "jihad office." Shalabi invited Sergeant Ali Mohamed, a former Egyptian army officer and U.S. Army Green Beret, to the center's basement offices under the al-Farooq mosque. Armed with official U.S. Army videotapes and military documents marked "Top Secret," Mohamed conducted a series of weekend "training" classes and a two-week-long intensive seminar. Almost all the volunteers were Arab immigrants. They bought $600 one-way fares as a sign they were willing to give their lives for Islam."
http://www.ebooks.com/ebooks/book_display.asp?IID=193098

The Maktab al-Khidamat, also Maktab Khadamāt al-Mujāhidīn al-'Arab, also known as the Afghan Services Bureau, is reliably believed to have been founded in 1984 by Abdullah Azzam and Osama bin Laden to raise funds and recruit foreign mujahidin for the war against the Soviets in Afghanistan. MAK became the forerunner to al-Qaeda and was instrumental in creating the fundraising and recruitment network that benefited al-Qaeda during the 1990s.

During the Soviet-Afghanistan war, MAK played a minimal role, training a small group of 100 mujahidin for the war and dispersing approximately $2 million in donations from muslims sourced via a network of global offices in Arabic and Western countries, allegedly including approximately thirty in the United States. MAK maintained a close liaison with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency through which the CIA funneled money to Afghan mujahedin, although the CIA did not fund MAK or foreign volunteer mujahideen in general.

MAK established recruitment and fundraising offices in many Western countries, the United States being one of their main fund-raising destinations. The first offices in the United States were established within the Al Kifah Refugee Center in Brooklyn, and at the Islamic Centre in Tucson, Arizona.

The Al Kifah Centre in Brooklyn was originally operated by Mustafa Shalabi, a close associate of MAK’s co-founder Abdullah Azzam.

Interestingly enough once the Soviets were defeated in Afghanistan both of these leaders Mustafa Shalabi of the Al Kifah Centre and Abdullah Azzam of the MAK were both assassinated by unknown people.

But then on November 24, 1989, Azzam and his two sons, Ibrahim and Muhammad, among others, were killed outside the mosque, while on their way to Friday prayers in Peshawar, when unknown assassins detonated land mines as Sheik Azzam’s vehicle approached.

On 02/25/1991, Mustafa  Shalabi was mysteriously murdered in the underground parking of the World Trade center. Mustafa  Shalabi’s body was found in his car only on 03/01/1991. He had been shot and stabbed multiple times and $100,000 was stolen from his car. The murder was filmed by the security cameras but was not noticed in real time.
http://www.globaljihad.net/view_page.asp?id=749

By this time the Soviet Union had withdrawn all troops from Afghanistan. Suspects in the assassination include competing Afghan militia leaders, Pakistani Interservices Intelligence Agency, the CIA, and the Israeli Mossad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_Azzam#Assassination

By the mid-1980s, Osama bin Laden and his mentor Abdullah Azzam jointly founded a charity front based in Pakistan which is called Maktab al-Khidamat (MAK) (which means “services office”) and is also known as Al-Kifah (which means “struggle”) (see 1984). Branches start to open in the US; the first one apparently opens in Tucson, Arizona, where al-Qaeda has a sleeper cell (see 1986). But around 1986, Khaled Abu el-Dahab, the right hand man of double agent Ali Mohamed, informally founds the branch in Brooklyn, New York, and it soon becomes the most important US branch.

Jamal al-Fadl, a founding member of al-Qaeda and future FBI informant (see June 1996-April 1997), also works at the Al-Kifah Refugee Center in its early days.

The CIA has some murky connection to Al-Kifah that has yet to be fully explained. Newsweek will later say the Brooklyn office “doubled as a recruiting post for the CIA seeking to steer fresh troops to the mujaheddin” fighting in Afghanistan. At the same time, the Brooklyn office is where “veterans of [Afghan war arrived] in the United States—many with passports arranged by the CIA.”

“But the highlight for the center’s regulars were the inspirational jihad lecture series, featuring CIA-sponsored speakers.… One week on Atlantic Avenue, it might be a CIA-trained Afghan rebel traveling on a CIA-issued visa; the next, it might be a clean-cut Arabic-speaking Green Beret, who would lecture about the importance of being part of the mujaheddin, or ‘warriors of the Lord.’ The more popular lectures were held upstairs in the roomier Al-Farouq Mosque; such was the case in 1990 when Sheikh [Omar] Abdul-Rahman, traveling on a CIA-supported visa, came to town.” One frequent instructor is double agent Ali Mohamed, who is in the US Special Forces at the time

Ayman Al-Zawahiri, future Al-Qaeda second-in-command, makes a recruiting trip to the office in 1989

The Brooklyn office also raises a considerable amount of money for MAK/Al-Kifah back in Pakistan. The Independent will later call the office “a place of pivotal importance to Operation Cyclone, the American effort to support the mujaheddin. The Al-Kifah [Refugee Center was] raising funds and, crucially, providing recruits for the struggle, with active American assistance.

both the Brooklyn and Pakistan ends of the Al-Kifah/MAK network are firmly controlled by bin Laden and his close associates. In 1998, the US government will say that al-Qaeda’s “connection to the United States evolved from the Al-Kifah Refugee Center.” Yet there is no sign that the CIA stops its relationship with the Brooklyn office before it closes down shortly after the 1993 WTC bombing

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/entity.jsp?entity=abdul_rasul_sayyaf

Ali Mohamed a member of the Special forces and FBI informant and CIA operative was instrumental in setting up these organizations and provide training.

In 2006 Mohamed's wife, Linda Sanchez, is reported as saying, "He's still not sentenced yet, and without him being sentenced I really can't say much. He can't talk to anybody. Nobody can get to him. They have Ali pretty secretive...it's like he just kinda vanished into thin air
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Mohamed

At some point in 1990, the FBI seizes a handwritten list of contacts from a top official of the Al-Kifah Refugee Center in Brooklyn. Al-Kifah is a charity front with links to both al-Qaeda and the CIA (see 1986-1993). Little is known about the list, such as when exactly it was seized and why, what was done with it, or whose names are on it, except that a Texas imam named Moataz Al-Hallak is on the list (mention of the list comes from an article about Al-Hallak). The FBI also seizes a different computerized list of Al-Kifah contacts at some point. [Dallas Morning News, 2/19/1999] It will later be alleged that the CIA repeatedly blocked the FBI’s investigations into Al-Kifah

Despite being on a US terrorist watch list for three years, radical Muslim leader Sheikh Omar Abdul-Rahman enters the US on a “much-disputed” tourist visa issued by an undercover CIA agent.

A 2006 analysis compiled jointly by US and Croatian intelligence will reveal that al-Qaeda began infiltrating the Balkans region even before the start of the Bosnian war in 1992. Kamer Eddine Kherbane, a member of Algerian militant group GIA, moved to Zagreb, Croatia, in 1991 to set up a charity front at the direct request of Osama bin Laden. The organization, called Maktab al-Khidamat (MAK) or Al-Kifah, is closely tied to al-Qaeda. Its Brooklyn, New York, branch called the Al-Kifah Refugee Center is tied to both the 1993 WTC bombers and the CIA

http://www.cooperativeresearch.org/entity.jsp?entity=al-kifah_refugee_center

It is not until after 9/11 that these groups were officially "terrorists"

Makhtab al-Khidamat / Al Kifah

U.S. Designation Date: September 23, 2001

UN Designation Date: October 6, 2001
http://www.ustreas.gov/offices/enforcement/key-issues/protecting/charities_execorder_13224-i.shtml

And here is how Hani Hanjour stumbled into "Al Qaeda" and had his dream come true as a great pilot.

Hani Hanjour was a very meek and quite person who was a total failure and a complete nothing. He didn't care much for bathing or brushing his teeth, or studying or much of anything but staying in his room reading his Quran and talking to Allah. I go over that some here....

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=2822.msg169588#msg169588

He first left Saudi Arabia in the late 80s for Afghanistan. According to the 9/11 commission it was because the war with the Soviets was over that he joined a "Relief Agency" there.

Hanjour works for relief agency in Afghanistan

His older brother said Hanjour arrived too late to join the fighting so he worked at a relief agency.1
http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/profiles/generate_tracking_event.php?id=Hanjour%20works%20for%20relief%20agency%20in%20Afghanistan

What was the Relief Agency that he went to Afghanistan for when it was just after the Soviet defeat? All indications are it was MAK/Al Kifah.

Remember MAK was also known as "Afghan Services Bureau".

According to Mr. Scheuer, Osama bin Laden established bases and contacts in the border region throughout the 1980s, well before the creation of al-Qaeda. This influence originated when Abdullah Azzam and bin Laden created the Afghan Services Bureau to coordinate humanitarian and military operations in Afghanistan during the jihad against the Soviets. In the early 1980s, bin Laden developed a working relationship with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the Pakistan Army. This relationship facilitated bin Laden's access to the border regions. During this time, bin Laden established ties with notorious Afghan figures, such as Gulbuddin Hekmatyar and Qazi Mohammad. It was these various ties that assisted Osama bin Laden and the core al-Qaeda leadership in their escape from Tora Bora in 2001.http://www.jamestown.org/events_details.php?event_id=22

Coincidently when Hani Hanjour first came into the United States it was in Tucson Arizona where MAK/Al Kifah also had a HQ.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/profiles/generate_tracking_event.php?id=Hanjour%20studies%20in%20Arizona

And this is where FBI informants are on the record as telling the FBI about Hani Hanjour.

During the time you were an FBI informant, you also knew Hani Hanjour, one of the pilots who later flew a jet into the Pentagon in September. How did you get to know him, and what did you tell the FBI about him?

I never had any direct relationship with him. I never even had many conversations with him -- he was always there in the crowd. I reported on him [to the FBI] just like I reported on everyone else who came around that was new. If some Arab would come around that I wasn't familiar with, I would pass that information on to the FBI as a matter of practice and then they would further the investigation from there. Usually people just turned out to be people, and not anyone who was worth an investigation. Obviously, that wasn't the case with Hani

On Sept. 11 or 12, when you learned that he was one of the pilots -- what was your reaction?

This is why I find it funny that the FBI emphatically denies that I ever reported on him or anything like that. Because I forget what day it was exactly after the 11th, but when the first picture of him came out in the newspaper, I called the Phoenix office to talk to a woman there that -- sometimes we had discussions just on a personal level. And I called her and said, 'Hey, do you see who's in the newspaper today?' I didn't say any names, I just said, 'Did you see who was in the paper?' And she said: 'Yeah, I saw him, can you believe that?' And the conversation went on from there. And now they claim they showed me photos after that and that I couldn't identify him. Yet, I called prior to that to see if they'd seen who was in the newspaper.

They had more than just vague information, dating back from probably 1997, 1998. Not just myself, but there's this guy who said he also did what I did as an asset for the FBI. He's claimed the same thing that I have -- that he gave them information regarding Arabs flight training, all this stuff, as far back as 1998.

Do you think Sept. 11 could have been prevented?

Oh, definitely. I cannot accept that the CIA, FBI, that they didn't know. The only thing I'll give them is that they might not have known the day it was going to go down. But did they know the target? Did they know the mode of attack? It's 100 percent [certain] that they did, for sure. Just think about it -- how could a group of people plan such a big operation full of so many logistics and probably countless e-mails, encrypted or not, and phone calls and messengers? And you're telling me that, through all of that, that the CIA never caught wind of it? And for that matter the Mossad, they have every Islamic group, every jihad group, every everything in the world penetrated, and they're an American ally. So they didn't give America a heads-up either? Of course they did.
Aukai Collins
http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2002/07/17/collins_interview/index.html

Hani Hanjour  always wanted to be a pilot but was to much of a loser. However the Intelligence Agencies of the NWO made this young mans' dreams come true, at least for a day. How?...

Hanjour's meek, introverted manner fits a recurrent pattern in the al-Qaida network of unsophisticated young men being recruited as helpers in terrorist attacks. FBI agents have told people they have interviewed about Hanjour that he "fit the personality to be manipulated and brainwashed."
http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/hanjour_history.html

So in summary. Mak/Al Kifah was set up and run by Intelligence agencies to defeat the Soviets in Afghanistan. When that was accomplished the heads of both organizations were assassinated by NWO Intelligence to transform the organization into Al Qaeda and it was only after 9/11 it was designated as a terrorist group.
Beliefs Always Trump Truth and Perception Always Trumps Reality

worcesteradam

Re: How Hani Hanjour stumbled into Al Qaeda
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 09:47:10 AM »
yes

it all goes back even further i think. To the Lebanon War in the early 80s
Its all to do with Palestinians and Israelis

Online Neuromancer

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:22:37 PM »
It is interesting to read this now as it seems very accurate to me. I am sure we could develop the history of it a bit.
Poster Neuromancer's comments bring a critical but often overlooked historical perspective to key present-day social issues. His underlying goals focus on inspiring curiosity and creativity, sharpening critical analysis of everything from historical texts to today’s news.

Online Neuromancer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 03:29:05 PM »
" In an interview, Collins said he believes Sept. 11 could have been prevented. Based on a deep cynicism developed during years working undercover with the FBI and the CIA, he thinks it impossible both agencies could be caught unaware by the attack. It’s entirely possible, he says, that they knew very well what was coming — and that they let it happen anyway."

I had no idea about this all these years. What a great source.
Poster Neuromancer's comments bring a critical but often overlooked historical perspective to key present-day social issues. His underlying goals focus on inspiring curiosity and creativity, sharpening critical analysis of everything from historical texts to today’s news.