Fluoride Works

Author Topic: Fluoride Works  (Read 128633 times)

Rock

Fluoride Works
« on: August 31, 2007, 10:45:38 PM »
Here is a good example http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=450_1188520073

Boy do we need help...

Rock

gvmtcheese

Re: Flouride Works
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:50:58 PM »
I am scarred for life......

Thank you Rock, I needed that wake up call.

Rock

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:02:37 PM »
Me to.  We are in deep do do,

Rock

Offline Phantom

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 11:03:32 PM »
LOL! Wow...

Offline The.First.Horseman

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 11:04:39 PM »
The reason this thing appeared is probably to tell those guys to eat less junkfood and take care of their bodies.

Is it really hard to get healthy food which doesn't make you fat like Jabba the Hut in the US?
(I'm from Europe, so I dont know the food situation over there)

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 11:39:20 PM »
Good food isn't hard to get but, when you consider that fluoride causes hypothyroidism and, high-fructose corn syrup causes insulin intolerance, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why we're a waddling nation.
Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Salem

• |Ventrilo > v10.darkstarllc.com:5309|
    • Salem™
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:23:33 AM »
lol were fat so we wont fite
play this game now        http://refer.gpotato.com/721246/Flyff         

"When they find the remains of our civilation no matter who they are or what they are the only thing that will be said was mans greatest predator was man him self " Salem

Offline maddog3n

• "Every man dies, but not every man lives!" Wallace
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 05:34:57 AM »
OK...I love how they say that they can't explain it... but you would think they would eventually notice that when somebody steps in front of it and their genuflecting like their at the freaking Wailing Wall I might add, that a shadow was cast on to the alleged image of the Virgin Mary?  I was able to debunk it with in the first minute of the tape.  And how long were they standing there watching this apparition?  Holy Catholicism Batman!!!!  I don't really have a problem with religion, you can believe what you want, but for the love of God, have some common sense!!!

Between this abominable clip of talking monkeys, the Aussie Film crew clip where Americans can't even distinguish CONTINENTS let alone countries, and the Miss America pageant debacle; I am becoming more and more ashamed of America everyday.
" The great secret of succeeding in conversation is to admire little, to hear much; always to distrust our own reason, and sometimes that of our friends; never to pretend to wit, but to make that of others appear as much as possibly we can; to hearken to what is said and to answer to the purpose. Bl

Offline Rufus Shinra

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:30:02 AM »
There is no limit to stupidity..  :(

I've seen more braindead people than that though.... sadly.

But, even without Fluoride and stuff, you'd still have people like that (which is even more sad)..

Empire of the City -- Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

Please take your time to watch Part 1 and Part 2... it's very informative.

Rock

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 07:34:10 AM »
OK...I love how they say that they can't explain it... but you would think they would eventually notice that when somebody steps in front of it and their genuflecting like their at the freaking Wailing Wall I might add, that a shadow was cast on to the alleged image of the Virgin Mary?  I was able to debunk it with in the first minute of the tape.  And how long were they standing there watching this apparition?  Holy Catholicism Batman!!!!  I don't really have a problem with religion, you can believe what you want, but for the love of God, have some common sense!!!

Between this abominable clip of talking monkeys, the Aussie Film crew clip where Americans can't even distinguish CONTINENTS let alone countries, and the Miss America pageant debacle; I am becoming more and more ashamed of America everyday.

I could not have said it better myself.   It does make you think the Flouride in water is working in America.

Top Fluoride Expert's Total
Reversal - Apologizes
For Pushing Poison
From magnu96196@aol.com
From American Patriot Freedom Net
Originally Published 12-5-99 Author - Barry Forbes
Posted on 3-9-01 By Inspector Harry Callahan
3-11-1

"Why'd you do it, Doc? Why'd you toss the fluoride folks overboard?"

I had just tracked down Dr. Hardy Limeback, B.Sc., Ph.D., in Biochemistry, D.D.S., head of the Department of Preventive Dentistry for the University of Toronto, and president of the Canadian Association for Dental Research.

Dr. Limeback is Canada's leading fluoride authority and, until recently, the country's primary promoter of the controversial additive.

In a surprising newsmaker interview this past April, Dr. Limeback announced a dramatic change of heart. "Children under three should never use fluoridated toothpaste," he counseled. "Or drink fluoridated water. And baby formula must never be made up using Toronto tap water. Never."

Why, I wondered? What could have caused such a powerful paradigm shift?

"It's been building up for a couple of years," Limeback told me during a recent telephone interview. "But certainly the crowning blow was the realization that we have been dumping contaminated fluoride into water reservoirs for half a century. The vast majority of all fluoride additives come from Tampa Bay, Florida, smokestack scrubbers. The additives are a toxic byproduct of the super-phosphate fertilizer industry."

"Tragically," he continued, "that means we're not just dumping toxic fluoride into our drinking water. We're also exposing innocent, unsuspecting people to deadly elements of lead, arsenic and radium, all of them carcinogenic. Because of the cumulative properties of toxins, the detrimental effects on human health are catastrophic."

A recent study at the University of Toronto confirmed Dr. Limeback's worst fears. "Residents of cities that fluoridate have double the fluoride in their hip bones vis-a-vis the balance of the population. Worse, we discovered that fluoride is actually altering the basic architecture of human bones."

Skeletal fluorosis is a debilitating condition that occurs when fluoride accumulates in bones, making them extremely weak and brittle. The earliest symptoms?

"Mottled and brittle teeth," Dr. Limeback told me. "In Canada we are now spending more money treating dental fluorosis than we do treating cavities. That includes my own practice."

One of the most obvious living experiments today, Dr. Limeback believes, is a proof-positive comparison between any two Canadian cities. "Here in Toronto we've been fluoridating for 36 years. Yet Vancouver - which has never fluoridated - has a cavity rate lower than Toronto's." And, he pointed out, cavity rates are low all across the industrialized world including Europe, which is 98% fluoride free. Low because of improved standards of living, less refined sugar, regular dental checkups, flossing and frequent brushing. Now less than 2 cavities per child Canada-wide, he said. "I don't get it, Doc. Last month, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) ran a puff piece all across America saying the stuff was better than sliced bread.

What's the story?" "Unfortunately," he replied, "the CDC is basing its position on data that is 50 years old, and questionable at best. Absolutely no one has done research on fluorosilicates, which is the junk they're dumping into the drinking water."

"On the other hand," he added, "the evidence against systemic fluoride in-take continues to pour in."

"But Doc, the dentists."

"I have absolutely no training in toxicity," he stated firmly. "Your well-intentioned dentist is simply following 50 years of misinformation from public health and the dental association. Me, too. Unfortunately, we were wrong."

Last week, Dr. Hardy Limeback addressed his faculty and students at the University of Toronto, Department of Dentistry. In a poignant, memorable meetng, he apologized to those gathered before him.

"Speaking as the head of preventive dentistry, I told them that I had unintentionally mislead my colleagues and my students. For the past 15 years, I had refused to study the toxicology information that is readily available to anyone. Poisoning our children was the furthest thing from my mind."

"The truth," he confessed to me, "was a bitter pill to swallow. But swallow it I did."

South of the border, the paradigm shift has yet to dawn. After half a century of delusion, the CDC, American Dental Association and Public Health stubbornly and skillfully continue to manipulate public opinion in favor of fluoridation.

Meantime, study after study is delivering the death knell of the deadly toxin. Sure, fuoridation will be around for a long time yet, but ultimately its supporters need to ready the life rafts. The poisonous waters of doubt and confusion are bound to get choppier.

"Are lawsuits inevitable?" I asked the good doctor. "Remember tobacco," was his short, succinct reply. Welcome, Dr. Hardy Limeback, to the far side of the fluoride equation. It's lonely over here, but in our society loneliness and truth frequently travel hand in hand. Thank you for the undeniable courage of your convictions.

_____

The Magnum-Opus Project
DOE Watch List--Solver of Mysteries
Subscribe: http://www.onelist.com/subscrib e/doewatch
DOEWatch page: http://members.aol.com/doewatch

In 1986-87 ORNL discovered that fluorides in the body cause accumulation of calcium-fluoride in the lymph nodes and that this damages the pathogen destruction mechanism of the immune system.

Oak Ridge and its industry minions employ supplanted activist organizations fabricating mysterious illness directions to hide HF emission/toxic effects and human nuclear experiment war crimes.

Oak Ridge and other gas diffusion sites are primarily Bhopal-like chemically affected areas and secondarily a Chernobyl-like radiation affected area. Gas diffusion sites are also affected with high coal power emissions and compounded with heavy metal and hundreds of other emissions from the plants that produce toxic effects. These too, damage the lymph nodes, as these cells are the most exposed in the body.

These exposures cause shortened longevity, impacted learning, and produce a gullible population for political and industry profiting.

Those whose health was affected in the Gulf War affected have related fluoride toxic effects from nerve gases and insoluble metal oxide concentrations in lung lymph nodes.

In common with GW and DOE gas diffusion ills are long term halogen toxic and metal oxides insult via bioconcentration into the lymphatic system, impairment of macrophages, and damage to mitochondria of cells resulting in immune pathogen protection damage and resultant rise of viral, bacterial, mycoplasma, and fungal cell damage.

In the new millennium, the truth will set all free to enter a kinder and gentler time for environment and health.

http://www.rense.com/general9/topflouride.htm

Rock

Offline maddog3n

Re: Fluoride Works
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 03:28:25 PM »
You know, I used to live in Colorado before moving here to Washington and there were problems with natural fluoride contaminating the water supply, raising the ppml to a toxic level.  I knew one of the guys who worked for the City Water Department and it was his job to go into the mountains, monitor the reservoirs levels, and take samples.  I had asked him why it was so bad after we have been putting in the water, toothpaste, mouthwash, etc... and he said this to me in closing, "I will put it too you this way, I don't even brush my teeth with the City Tap water!  You make your own conclusions."  Thanks for the great article, I really have never seen someone with "credentials" make claims against fluoride usage.  I guess we found that 1 that their always talking about, you know, "4 out 5 dentist recommend..."
" The great secret of succeeding in conversation is to admire little, to hear much; always to distrust our own reason, and sometimes that of our friends; never to pretend to wit, but to make that of others appear as much as possibly we can; to hearken to what is said and to answer to the purpose. Bl

Godfather77

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 04:06:31 PM »
I am truly shocked after watching that video.  It was like a glimpse into the Twilight Zone or something :D

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 04:43:25 PM »
Fluoride is what woke me up.

About ten years ago I read an article in Nexus magazine which outlined the history and dangers of fluoride. I didn't believe it! It sounded impossible to me that something that poisonous (it's a main ingredient of Sarin nerve gas) could have been poured onto public water supplies and not been exposed for the harm it was doing.

I became obsessed. This was in the early days of the internet so I spent a lot of time in libraries and making phone calls to researchers who had written books on the subject. By the fifth year of my research I was put in contact with a retired British Dental Surgeon, Dr. Geoffrey Smith who was a staunch anti-fluoride advocate. I was lucky enough to befriend Dr. Smith before he passed away. He gave me reams of information including "The Secret War" a book he had been writing about his experiences researching fluoride in post war Britain. Dr. Smith had migrated to Australia in the 60's and had aligned himself with the then head of the Victorian ADA who was himself against the use of fluoride (this mans name escapes me at the moment). When this man died suddenly and a new president took his place, Dr. Smiths license to practice was revoked. 20 years later he was still unable to practice his profession and support his family because he had made a public stand against fluoride.

He once told me of a vaccine (I'm not a big fan of vaccines myself) that he had helped developed where the patient received it once and was provided life long Immunity from dental cavities! This was ignored by the dental health community.

One thing that has always bugged me about the whole Dentists being pro fluoride issue is that if it really worked they would see a vast reduction and possible elimination of cavities, especially in children, and their business would suffer!

It was the whole fluoride issue that woke me up to the fact the something is very wrong with supposed "truth" that we are being fed every day. Everyone has their starting point, their trigger and fluoride was mine.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 05:57:47 PM »
The reason this thing appeared is probably to tell those guys to eat less junkfood and take care of their bodies.

Is it really hard to get healthy food which doesn't make you fat like Jabba the Hut in the US?
(I'm from Europe, so I dont know the food situation over there)

Actually First Horseman, no it's not hard if your willing to do a little cooking on your own.  But most people buy pre-packaged foods that are so replete with unhealthy goodness that they don't care how it makes them look.  Further, I believe they are just too lazy to cook from scratch. 

I must say though that I am a "foodie" so to me not using pre-packaged anything is a sacro sanct axiom.  And usually it might take you an extra 15 or 20 minutes to do it right vs using the swill they sell in stores.  But people don't know the 5 methods of cooking or the 5 mother sauces or how to select meat and vegetables. 

But I will also tell you this that I don't cook with anything low fat.  I cook with olive oil, butter, cream, cheese, and whole milk.  I don't screw around with that imitation crap.  Because to me at the end the big question is, "Does it taste good?"  If yes, then I'm a happy camper.  And when you taste the real stuff vs the imitation, preservative laden crap they pass off as food; it's kind of like when you first became a truther.  The light bulb goes off and you go, "Well I'm never eating that crap again!!"  So you can make your own analysis from that info.   

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »
Brocke, you may know this already but just in case you don't, fluoride is a component of rat poison for the past 100 years.

My wife is a dentist and just signed this petition: http://www.fluoridealert.org/professionals.statement.html

You don't have to be a professional to want this to end.  Step up and take a swing at this snow cone.  Write a email to your congressmen and senators.  I have and keep send them.  I send them to the mayor of our town, who by the way sold our previously city owned water works to a German company.  And, these turds have the gall to call it Missouri  American Water.  DOAH!
Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.  Abraham Lincoln

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 09:41:46 PM »
Thanks Apolitical Blues! That is fantastic that there are doctors and dentists that are finally speaking up. They have been silent too long!

I remember reading about poisonings in hospitals pre 1950 where Rat Poison had been accidentally added to food instead of salt. Up until recently I thought fluoridation was the worst historical case of irresponsible medicine/legislation, now I know better. It was all planned and working perfectly. There are many examples of this in history.

Addicted to Lead

The Romans were aware that lead could cause serious health problems, even madness and death. However, they were so fond of its diverse uses that they minimized the hazards it posed. Romans of yesteryear, like Americans of today, equated limited exposure to lead with limited risk. What they did not realize was that their everyday low-level exposure to the metal rendered them vulnerable to chronic lead poisoning, even while it spared them the full horrors of acute lead poisoning.

The symptoms of acute lead intoxication appeared most vividly among miners who were thrown into unhealthy intimacy with the metal on a daily basis. Romans reserved such debilitating and backbreaking labor for slaves. Some of these unfortunates were forced to spend all of their brief and blighted lives underground, out of sight and out of mind. The unpleasantness of lead mining was further neutralized late in the Empire when the practice was prohibited in Italy and consigned completely to the provinces.

http://www.epa.gov/history/topics/perspect/lead.htm

To name but a few. I am so pleased that this subject is getting more attention now thanks to Alex and others.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline zlater

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2007, 09:40:09 AM »
didn't the romans build the aqueducts from lead? so i remember from history at least.. guess some things are just left unspoken sometimes.

in the schools when i started school i remember we had some nurse come over and have us wash our mouths with pure flouride and we were told that it must be spit out.. we did it all of course but even from the residues everyone had tummy aches days after.. but it's soooo goooo-oood for your little teethies.. i had intensive dentist care for 10 years and no fear of dentist.. get sick of hospitals though.. the flouride schnaps was given mayde twice a year as we were 8-9 year olds.. disgusting..

and for that vid.. yeah.. it must be virgin marys glass of fluoride rich water on the window shelf giving that sun reflection.. i think she lives on the third floor across the street, somewhere near the church..  :P

Rock

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 06:26:42 PM »
I am truly shocked after watching that video.  It was like a glimpse into the Twilight Zone or something :D

I was shopping today at a local store and half the people talked and acted like this,

We are screwed,

Rock

Offline Salem

• |Ventrilo > v10.darkstarllc.com:5309|
    • Salem™
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 07:12:27 PM »

its not americans its wat the horible monsters of scientist do to find ways to make americans stupid and sheeps
play this game now        http://refer.gpotato.com/721246/Flyff         

"When they find the remains of our civilation no matter who they are or what they are the only thing that will be said was mans greatest predator was man him self " Salem

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 11:25:10 PM »
Salem- I got to say that only flies so far.  The dumbing of America whether it is done by the NWO, scientist, the education system, etc... people still have accountability for their own actions.  If they don't have any common sense, that is not the problem of the above listed organizations.

That is a slippery slope because if we start thinking that way, the logical conclusion is then, "Well that can't think for themselves because of what the government/NWO/Education systems did to them.  I guess will just have to think for them!"  And isn't that exactly what we are fighting against?

Rock

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 12:47:13 PM »
Whats everyones thoughts on distilled water as a replacement for fluoride contaminated water?

Rock

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 01:31:30 PM »
I've looked into this water issue for sometime and have to say that the reverse osmosis process seems to be the only one that take fluoride out of water.  Here are a couple of links to products that would do the trick.
http://www.filterwater.com/p-105-undersink-fluoride-filter-triple.aspx
http://www.danielchapterone.com/danielchapterone/newdc1/PAGES/products_bodycare_WatFilterNEW.htm
http://www.multipureco.com/

This isn't the "be all" list of water filters but, for my money, I'd avoid distilling water unless you want that option to be able to carry your distiller just in case things get out of control.

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2007, 02:06:48 PM »
If I remember, because distilled water has been evaporated it's ok short term.  But during the distillation process it also removes the minerals in the water, so long term it's not good for you.  I will have to look it up on this one as I just don't remember why that is bad.  IMO

Offline zlater

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2007, 02:34:23 PM »
your hunch is right.. distilled water ain't good.. it's too clean.. the waters own minerals and the good stuff must remain in it..

pure spring water or naturally filtered water without additives or reverse osmosis to reduce the flouride.. reduction to a very low level to have it possible for the body to filtrate it out and not get too high levels of it..

distilled water should be in factories, watercooling and car batteries.. not humans biological system.
some spring water that is available in shops can also include flouride so i think it would be good to know how to test for it first then take the proper arrangements for slow filtering of the water we drink..

Offline Rufus Shinra

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 02:55:59 PM »
reverse osmosis process seems to be the only one that take fluoride out of water.

"Reverse Osmosis" is good... but it's not enough ... Not when it comes to Fluoride.

Empire of the City -- Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4675077383139148549

Please take your time to watch Part 1 and Part 2... it's very informative.

Rock

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 02:57:58 PM »
"Reverse Osmosis" is good... but it's not enough ... Not when it comes to Fluoride.

So whats the answer?  What is best if you can't get spring water?

Rock

Offline THX1138EB4

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 03:11:49 PM »
Remember Dr Strangelove?

Jack D. Ripper was convinced that flouridation of water was a "commie" plot. Kubrick knew his stuff.

Offline Apolitical Blues

• Respect yourself
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 03:30:42 PM »
From what I've been able to gleen, it's ROWPU.  I was a supply guy in the civil service of the DoD and knew that our ROWPU units had no peers.  You can find reverse osmosis water filters out there.  I'd look for one that has at least three pre-fliters before you get to the final fluoride removing element.  It will make the expensive final element last that much longer and the pre-stage filters are realitively inexpensive by comparison.

Rock

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 03:49:19 PM »
'Berkey Light' claims to remove fluoride with its fluoride filter.  I own one, but some on here say it does not work.  Is that true?  I would love to settle that issue...

Rock

Offline THX1138EB4

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 04:52:30 PM »
From what I've been able to gleen, it's ROWPU.  I was a supply guy in the civil service of the DoD and knew that our ROWPU units had no peers.  You can find reverse osmosis water filters out there.  I'd look for one that has at least three pre-fliters before you get to the final fluoride removing element.  It will make the expensive final element last that much longer and the pre-stage filters are realitively inexpensive by comparison.

I just spoke to my sister who owns a water purification supply company.

The only way of filtering fluoride out of water is with a Reverse Osmosis unit. No pre-filters would be required apart from a carbon filter to protect the RO membranes from chlorine in the water.

She reckons that RO will definately shift fluoride with no need for additional filtration.

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 04:58:15 PM »
For home usage, I'm still thinking of a way to create a reverse osmosis system that will work with common materials.  Please find below a Field Expedient method for making a water percolation filtration system-

Materials:

Charcoal- From the burning of wood (campfire).  Even better is activated charcoal (The best way too make this is to heat the wood indirectly by using a container that has a one way valve [a pressurer cooker] and while it still wood is still hot, open the lid to induce oxygen into the charcoal.  Usually takes about two hours.).  Break large clumps into pea size pieces.  Qty = As much as you can make.

Sand- Should be clean and free of debris.  Qty = About 20-30 lbs

Aggregate - Again should be clean and free of debris- from marble size to the size of a pea.  Qty = 10-20 lbs

Tubular Cloth Container-  If you have a military duffle bag this would be perfect  If not then military BDU's trousers will work as well.  Anything that will hold the weight of the filter system.

Plastic Liner- Trash bags will work.  The thicker the better.  2-5mm is what is ideal. 

Tubing- Qty = 6" to 12"

Sharp Knife

Rope/Twine- Qty = 6' to 10'

Assembly:

Take filtration container and liner, place liner in container. 
Make a singe hole the size of the tubing that you are using through both liner and container. 
Place tubing into hole approximately 1/4 " past the bottom of container (final freespace for sediment). 
Secure tubing in place using rope/twine but ensure that it does not kink the tubing. 
Secure Container into final position that it will rest.
Carefully place 1 1/2" to 2" of aggregate at the bottom of the container.
Next layer 2" to 3" of sand.
Next layer 2" of charcoal.
Next layer 2" to 3" of sand.
Next layer 2" of charcoal.

Continue this type of layering until you are out of materials or the container is reaching it capacity/weight limit. Then ensure last layer is sand and on top of sand place another 1" layer of aggregate.

To use:

This system will work on cold water but will work better and kills parasites if water is boiled for at least 5 minutes but it's better if you can go for 10 min.

Maintenance:

You will have to gauge usage and water taste/clarity vs when to disassemble the system, to clean sand/aggregate/liner and replace the charcoal.  However, before and after usage, all debris should be removed from the top aggregate layer to speed the filtration process and inhibit bacterial growth.

Improvements-

Salt- add layer of 3" to 4" (to taste and activity level) of rock salt between the first layer of aggregate and sand.

Pro: Adds sodium to diet and replenishes sodium level to body.  Helps kill bacteria.
Con: May be a resource that is not available. Needs to be used in moderation - can induce heart failure if salinity level of water is too high.  Hard to get used to the taste.

Cloth vs last layer of aggregate- Cloth should be as fine mesh as possible, ie... t-shirt, cheesecloth, tea towels, etc...

Pro: Lightens the load of the overall weight.  Will collect more large to fine particulate than the last layers of aggregate and sand, which helps keep the unit functioning longer without maintenance.
Con:  Increases promotion of bacterial growth.  Cloth must be replaced and/or cleaned prior to each use.  May be a resource that is unavailable.

Cooking Sieve (Chinois)- This is a cooking utensil that is used to strain stocks, broth, etc.

Pro and cons are the same as the above cloth method with the added con that a good chinois will cost between $60 to $100 but is easier to clean.

Allocated time to complete:
It will take you about three to four hours to make as it does take some time to collect materials.  Minimum two and a half hours if you have other people to help.

I learned this basic method from military survival training and have used it twice while camping.  This is just a bare bones approach.  I'm sure that other people can look at this and come up with more improvements.  I would encourage any suggestions that you may have to be posted here to get out more information. 

Hope this helps

maddog3n

Offline Sonja

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 05:13:46 PM »
I saw a vid recently, everyone praying to an image of the virgin on a glass wall of a hotel.
Well, interestingly, the same image was presented on 'another wall' of the same building, but they had half washed it off  by the time the debunker got there, I guess only one holy image allowed per building. The natural trick was allegedly a palm tree and the right sunlight exposure, the pictures showed it, half washed off!
Its a shame I dont save 'everything' I see. I thought it was Derren Brown who documented this, but I cant find it now.

However, like smoking, flouride doesnt affect everyone the same. I was weaned and raised on Flouride in the 1960's when it was 100% industrial poison -as bad as you could get, and Im still pretty sound. ( I hope) I do often wonder though, if not for Flouride, would I be a genius now?
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Words may show a man's wit but actions his meaning.

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 05:18:52 PM »
Wow, that really interesting! Someone should start a Survival thread.

Re: Reverse Osmosis
There is also the question of demineralization and pH. I have heard arguments on both sides.

Pro Reverse Osmosis or Distillation:
The water is almost completely pure H2O and pure is better.

Con Reverse Osmosis or Distillation:
  • This type of pure water is not natural and humans are not designed to assimilate pure anything including water.
  • The human body needs the minerals that naturally occur in water.
  • pH is very important if the water is too alkaline or acid it can cause physical problems.
  • Water void of any minerals and of an non-nutral (6.5-7) pH will actually leach minerals out of your body like a magnet.

I have been into the whole fluoride thing for more than 10 years and I still haven't found any conclusive information about which type of water is better! You would think that some sport clinic would have done some study on water and performance of athletes or the military would have tested soldiers in survival situations.

Does anybody know of any actual research about this?

~Aldous Huxley

Rock

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 05:33:32 PM »
Wow, that really interesting! Someone should start a Survival thread.

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=1626.0

Rock

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Thanks rock... forgot to do that...after I posted that last reply I remembered that there had been something like that posted here earlier.  Went and found the survival guide and posted there as well.  Sorry for the double post.

Rock

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
Thanks rock... forgot to do that...after I posted that last reply I remembered that there had been something like that posted here earlier.  Went and found the survival guide and posted there as well.  Sorry for the double post.

No problem, I do it all the time  ;D

Rock

Offline jcakamindless

• Obey the Fist!
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 06:52:48 PM »
well...

at least they didn't pray to the mighty virgin mary toast!

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 07:11:35 PM »
Oh God!!!  I had forgotten about that one...you know if you look hard enough you can see this stuff everywhere. 

My Mom use to tell the story of back in the 30's how there was a cloud that looked like the face of Jesus.  It was even written about in the paper according to her. 

When people are desperate they will look for any way or means to find solace. 

Offline zlater

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2007, 03:21:11 AM »
i know for sure that flouride in water is not what is good for you. flouride is BAD.. rather filtrated rainwater or just some sort of filtration to any water.. without filtration it's bad. individually like Sonja made a good point it like most things affect people in different ways.. i can't drink any of our tap water at home but at the countryside i just love the naturally pure water that comes out of the tap from a different source.

never good - large amounts of distilled or too pure water
bad - without any filtration
not so bad - with some sort of filtration
good - with ROWPU , reverse osmosis water purification unit.
very good - berkey light kinda filtration units which filtrate slow
excellent -  non toxic spring water without flouride or any other shit if you are accustomened to it.

by the way.. an average US citizen uses 500 litres of water a day.. an average person from madagaskar uses 5 litres per day.. if the world used a average of 20 litres per day noone woudl be thirsty in the whole world. Looking at the worlds water supplies canada has the most fresh water and springs and finland pretty close behind due to the soft humus layer of the ground and natural filtration of natures own way to recycle water.

Offline maddog3n

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 06:21:53 AM »
Zlater- You know I'm usually on your side of an argument but I got to say I disagree with you on this one. 

Lets say I use the 500 liters of water per day quoted here and I decide to curtail my consumption through various means to half that, 250 liters per day.  Does that then mean that 50 people in Madagascar will now have double the water available for them to use.  No, sadly that will not be the case.  Water is a geographic resource.  No amount of conservation here in the US or in Canada is going to give the people of Madagascar more usable water.

I am all for less consumption of water by America as a whole, because of the waste of resources that could be better used to tackle other problems.