Cheney: History will show Bush created a 'more hopeful world'

Author Topic: Cheney: History will show Bush created a 'more hopeful world'  (Read 2734 times)

Offline DCUBED

• Sieg Heil!
http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Cheney_History_will_smile_fondly_on_0503.html

Cheney: History will show Bush created a 'more hopeful world'

George W. Bush has made the world a more hopeful place.

This from Vice President Dick Cheney, who spoke to a crowd of Oklahoma Republicans Friday evening.

"When the history is written, it will be said this is a safer country and more hopeful world because George Bush was president," Cheney said, according to Oklahoma's Tulsa World.

Of Iraq, Cheney quipped: "Our strategy is the right strategy. The only way we can lose is to quit."

If the US departs, he said, it would show America "doesn't have the stomach for a fight." Cheney himself received five draft deferments to avoid service in the Vietnam war.

To justify a US presence in the wartorn region, Cheney cited the Russian experience in Afghanistan.

"We were engaged in that country, lending support to the mujahadeen against Soviet forces," he said. "Afterwards, everybody walked away and forgot about Afghanistan. What followed was a civil war and the emergence of the Taliban. In 1996, Osama Bin Laden was invited into Afghanistan. He trained thousands of terrorists, some of whom were part of the attacks here on the United States."

He didn't mention the the US pulled out of Afghanistan as well, after the defeat of the Soviets, or that US business, including those in Texas during George W. Bush's term as governor, engaged in business with the Taliban regime.

"His remarks did not cover any new ground," the Tulsa paper noted. "He plugged Oklahoma's Republican congressional delegation and presumptive GOP presidential nominee John McCain, advocated more oil wells and refineries as the solution to rising gasoline prices and predicted dire economic consequences if current temporary tax cuts and incentives are not made permanent."
Slams Democrats for bill Bush vetoed

Cheney called the Democratic Congress "irresponsible" for allowing domestic surveillance authorization to lapse. Congress actually passed the authorization but President Bush vetoed the bill because it did not include the liability protection for telecommunications companies that the administration wanted.

"Cheney blamed Democrats for blocking domestic oil and gas production, including exploration in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge," the paper adds.

He called Democrats in Congress "irresponsible" for allowing the president's warrantless wiretapping program to lapse, but didn't mention that Congress actually passed the bill, containing a provision to block immunity for telecommunications companies that participated.

The economy? Just "a rough patch" which "some in Washington view as an excuse to expand the size and scope of government."

Thirty five protesters gathered a block from the hotel entrance and chanted "impeach Cheney," according to the paper. No one was arrested, though some received citations.
“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.”  - Arthur Conan Doyle

"The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." J. Edgar Hoover

Offline trixi1

• He is watching. Smile because Jesus is Lord.
John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."

Offline Fleahman

Re: Cheney: History will show Bush created a 'more hopeful world'
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 01:27:50 AM »
This from Vice President Dick Cheney, who spoke to a crowd of Oklahoma Republicans Friday evening

Wow tough crowd Dick.  Oklahoma Republicans some of the few people who still allow you to speak without talking over, calling you piece of sh$t. 

Of Iraq, Cheney quipped: "Our strategy is the right strategy. The only way we can lose is to quit."

Funny how they don't even bother talking about ways we can achieve victory.  Its hard to win in chess when your playing against yourself.  Like its hard to win a military conflict when your not battling another army.

"The only way we can lose is to quit."

Well we've lost our bill or rights, habeas corpus, billions of dollars, thousands of soldiers, the infrastructure of babylon is gone, but we still have our pride so fight on because there is not so much more left to lose anyhow.

Why would quitting be considered a loss, "mission accomplished" happened 4 years ago, we already won lets leave now.

"The only way we can lose is to quit."

Yes because if we quit no more overinflated no-bid contracts to haliburton, so you would lose $$$$

Offline mtngirl1013

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 10:20:37 PM »
A more hopeful world?
Yeah:
I hope they don't kill me.
I hope they stop killing everyone else.
I hope they stop poisoning our air and water.
I hope they stop making spider-goats.
I hope they don't nuke anybody.
I hope they don't chip us.
I hope I can buy guns and food before it is too late.
I hope everyone watches the DVDs I gave them.
I hope more people wake up soon!
Hunting the truth is an art. -H.G. Wells

Always question the received reality. -George Carlin

There is always more misery among the lower classes than there is humanity in the higher.   - Victor Hugo

Offline yanaar

• Freedom
    • Yanaar
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 12:30:11 AM »
Are they really so deluded as to think that somehow they're doing good?  I can't imagine a delusion that psychotic.  God help us. 
"The man who dies wealthy dies in disgrace." 
Chaucer

Offline trixi1

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 12:49:40 AM »
Are they really so deluded as to think that somehow they're doing good?  I can't imagine a delusion that psychotic.  God help us. 

He is helping us by helping everyone see these people for what they really stand for. This is a very good thing.

John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."

Offline yanaar

• Freedom
    • Yanaar
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 12:56:13 AM »
He is helping us by helping everyone see these people for what they really stand for. This is a very good thing.

Thank-you Trixie.  I needed that.   ;)
"The man who dies wealthy dies in disgrace." 
Chaucer

Offline trixi1

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 01:11:05 AM »

Hey, we are all going through the struggle daily. We're all finding it unbelievably frustrating, angering, hopeless at times. But we need to stay on the wagon, otherwise not only do we lose, but 'they' will win, and if they win, humanity is permanently destroyed. I don't think that there's ever been a more critical time for us to fight than in the days of Noah, or Jesus Christ.

Please everyone, keep fighting and remember, you're not alone.  :)