"How to View Alex Jones Live On PrisonPlanet.tv"

Author Topic: "How to View Alex Jones Live On PrisonPlanet.tv"  (Read 49895 times)

Offline UK Lyn

"How to View Alex Jones Live On PrisonPlanet.tv"
« on: April 10, 2008, 02:12:00 AM »
Hey I have 7+MB/s internet and some pretty fast up-to-date gaming rigs that play every stream and video I can find on the Net.

But none will play Alex's new live shows.  Everything I use, WMP9, WMP10, WMP11, WinAmp, Zoomplayer, etc all freeze or report errors. Tried accessing it from 4 friends' pcs and they too have same problems. I got every codec that exists...

OK, for now I may have to accept not being able to watch live, which sucks as I've just paid £50+ Pounds as my 3rd years subscription. But the least I could expect was being able to download the archives of these shows... but guess what -they are f***ing streams too!???   WTF, since when was an archive any good as a stream?  I get the same errors as when trying the live show links.

This sucks.  Archives should be the 'regular' solid video files that we can download in one go and watch at our leisure -not be chained to an internet connection every time we want to watch.

I have emailed the Infowars/pptv 'Support' email link but so far, no reply.  Really angry at this.

Offline trixi1

• He is watching. Smile because Jesus is Lord.
Re: "How to View Alex Jones Live On PrisonPlanet.tv"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 02:16:22 AM »

I'd have to assume that they've having technical errors and are working on correcting them. Maybe they'll have a post on their website regarding the problems and what to do to fix them.

Wait and see.

John 3:16 teaches us: "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth on him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 says:  "I am the way the truth and the life; NO MAN cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:40 AM »
Thanks, I urge all members having similar problem to use the 'Feedback' page on Infowars.com and send the same message to both the 'Infowars' and 'PrisonPlanet' contacts using the drop-down menu there.  Be sure to mention not using streams for archives too.

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:53 AM »
-BUMP-

I'm having the same problems.

orangeblue

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 02:49:17 AM »
Here’s how it works every time for me.  Log into your pp.tv account, click on the big LIVE graphic of Alex and then pick the show you want.  Right click on that show’s graphic or link and select Save Link As.  It should have an .asx ending.  Navigate and save it to your desktop.  Then click on this new desktop icon and it should launch Windows Media Player and start streaming that show archive.

It works the same way for the live show, but it may have a different file name because it is streaming live, not archived.

If anyone live stream captured AJ’s rant including video of April 7 - Part 2, please PM me.  The one on the site somehow got mysteriously “corrupted” at about minute 24.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 02:54:13 AM »
orangeblue, thanks I tried that.  An' it don't work.   Look, it's plain to see there's too much hit-or-miss with this streaming method, from what I am reading a large proportion of paying subscribers are simply missing out.  And do you agree that needing an internet connection to watch an archive every time is plain daft? Give us our solid downloadable-to-desktop archives back  ;D

Any chance this can be stickied? It's important I feel, we need to let the chaps behind the streams know they suck, and have no place in archives at all.

Offline the general

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 02:56:41 AM »
Here’s how it works every time for me.  Log into your pp.tv account, click on the big LIVE graphic of Alex and then pick the show you want.  Right click on that show’s graphic or link and select Save Link As.  It should have an .asx ending.  Navigate and save it to your desktop.  Then click on this new desktop icon and it should launch Windows Media Player and start streaming that show archive.

It works the same way for the live show, but it may have a different file name because it is streaming live, not archived.

If anyone live stream captured AJ’s rant including video of April 7 - Part 2, please PM me.  The one on the site somehow got mysteriously “corrupted” at about minute 24.

that's how i got it working.  i thought i was the first.   :(
Blessed are those who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness --
For theirs is the kingdom of heaven

Offline iks83

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 03:04:36 AM »
Well it works fine for me. I think MPC says it cant decode the file when the stream is offline but I'll test that today. Maybe you guys have just too many codecs. If you install a bunch of codec packs it usually screws up your system and not even mp3 work properly.

You also dont have to log in to the site and get the stream every time. You dont even have to be a member at all you only need the stream file. I sent it so someone during the last show and it worked fine. Thats quite a problem for both, Alex and and the paying members. For Alex since fewer people will subscribe if they just get the stream file from somewhere and for us since we are paying for it and others can watch it for free. I dont know if its possible to set up a login for the stream directly that only starts loading when you use your member login or maybe make it an embedded stream in the member section. But then... if its open like that it might attract more new people.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 03:08:51 AM »
Orange, shouldn't need to resort to that, the tech behind the streams is bad, please do contact the team at the Contact link on Infowars to let them know.  If only to help us subscibers who can't get anything at all, not even archives...

iks83, you are quite expert yes? I don't know what you said at all  :D  but as a plain subscriber I shouldn't need this hassle.  And iks83 -what do you think of archives needing an internet connection every time?

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 03:26:21 AM »
I just left a comment here with the URL to this posting.

Feel free to let them know.

http://www.infowars.com/contactform/

Offline Danis

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 03:28:51 AM »
What type of error message do you get? Could you try opening an archive stream using VLC media player, but before that click view>messages so that you can view the log page.

Offline iks83

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 04:36:25 AM »
@UK Lyn

Yes putting the archive up as a stream is a bit useless since noone can download the file. There are tools who can do that for those who really want it but it should be more userfriendly. Maybe there is an easier way since the actual video file must be stored somewhere so someone with a bit knowledge about streaming videos should be able to figure out how to get it. Sadly im not one of those people.

If the archive streams work i cannot say since im at work at the moment and those computers arent the latest standard. But the good thing is that they seem to deinterlace the streaming videos. I once send a mail complaining how Alex is claiming they have super high quality videos in the member section but most of them are interlaces with is annoying to watch. (and a waste of resources)

Well but I bought the membership to support the cause and to get endgame when it was released on the website. But since he said they want to reupload the films in better quality... i hope they deinterlace the videos since it improves the quality alot and you could even decrease the filesize which means less traffic for the servers. Its a win win situation and should only add one step to the encoding process.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:28 AM »
What type of error message do you get? Could you try opening an archive stream using VLC media player, but before that click view>messages so that you can view the log page.

Hey Danis,

The error messages are showing the need for loggin-in, username/password etc.  I am already logged in the pptv site when I click the link direct, or do the save-link-to-desktop trick, same messages.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 04:53:45 AM »
@iks83

Agree on the interlace suggestion -no real need for it anywhere these days, hope they take up that suggestion.
Do let us know how you get on with the archive 'streams'  :D when you have a chance.
Hopefully, these archives in stream format will soon be a thing of the past.

C'mon subscribers -if you are having trouble with these streams you have to let them know with the Contact link at Infowars or nothing will change any time soon. Remember the arron @ kevin email addresses at infowars are now defunct too  :'(

Offline Danis

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 04:58:01 AM »
Do you use any pro-privacy type software that might be stripping information?

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 05:02:17 AM »
no, just Kaspersky virus/firewall.  Firewall asks for permission for packets every time I try run the streams in various apps, which I give.

Offline liko

• Freedom or Nothing!
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 05:05:54 AM »
I've had the same prob in Australia,an have to download everything first.My connection is as fast as Australia offers.

Offline iks83

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:19 AM »
I run Kaspersky too and it also is asking me to permit a connection and usualy say no and it loads anyways so whatever it want to connect to it isnt needed. If you have that with the gcn streams too you could try it there. But if it is asking for username/password hmmm are you sharing the connection with someone or i dont know... its weird... maybe you need authorisation from your provider, router, firewall, proxy, whatever there might be between you and the video stream. Like some port restriction. Its hard to tell since there are so many different settings and hardware. I dont wanna sound communistic but certain things really should be unified and i mean copletely not like lets say... HDD video recorders, all have the same functions but are completely different to operate.

Offline Danis

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 05:17:19 AM »
If you view the ASX file in notepad do you get the ASX header or anything else.

Strange that it would still ask you to log in if you have already downloaded the file, unless it's missing information.

A client of mine uses CA Antivirus and it comes with Privacy Protection, which strips private information in headers and also expires cookies early. In the end I had to deactivate it as it was giving them problems.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 08:52:21 AM »
If you view the ASX file in notepad do you get the ASX header or anything else.

Strange that it would still ask you to log in if you have already downloaded the file, unless it's missing information.

A client of mine uses CA Antivirus and it comes with Privacy Protection, which strips private information in headers and also expires cookies early. In the end I had to deactivate it as it was giving them problems.

Well, when I try open thru FireFox, I get the very long message full of 'username/password/Please Login' stuff -its the pptv login page basically being thrown back at VLC player -even though I am fully logged in via the browser...

When I try the save link to desktop then load with VLC, I get the message "Unable to open 'mms://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080407_Mon_Alex2.wmv'"

Still in the cold.  Rats.  Hope Alex or someone in his team fix this, I really want to see those shows, already 3 days behind  :-[

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
Holy Moley -so much for the pptv 'Support' tech guys, an email sent there bounced:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
 addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<infowars@rovin.net>:
Sorry, I wasn't able to establish an SMTP connection. (#4.4.1)
I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too
 long.

not good.

Offline iks83

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 09:03:44 AM »
Call in to the show and tell Alex personally. ^^

Offline 37

• "The President of what?"
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:21 AM »
Here is another thread with suggestions for help...

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=34867.msg148094#msg148094

I was having trouble until I tried it on Internet Explorer...Firefox wouldn't play it.
"Whatever it is, I am against it."  -Groucho Marx

Channel 37
http://www.youtube.com/user/jmortimer37

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2008, 09:19:44 AM »
Call in to the show and tell Alex personally. ^^

:) hey I have been thinking about that, but I'm even grumpier than he is right now  :D

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2008, 09:20:49 AM »
:) hey I have been thinking about that, but I'm even grumpier than he is right now  :D

tried IE7, don't work for me

Offline iks83

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2008, 10:06:07 AM »
Ok well I tried the Archives (with WMP 11) and they work. When you watch it you can do file -> save as and save the wmv file but you have to keep it playing in the player. As soon as you press stop the download also aborts. But there is a trick and I hope I dont get punished for posting it. In the asx file there is a link when you open it with the windows editor which looks like this:

mms://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080409_Wed_Alex.wmv

Just change the mms to http and copy it into the browser. It either triggers a download or the mediaplayer in that case you have to do it with the flie -> save as option.

Or you set your browser not to start the player when a video file is detected.

People who know a bit HTML could just create a html file with
Code: [Select]
<a href="http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080409_Wed_Alex.wmv">download</a>Or for the very lazy who want wednesday program just rightclick and save as this:
http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080409_Wed_Alex.wmv

Btw Kaspersky wanted permission 2 times for some connection which i denied. the video started anyways.

Offline Beefcake

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2008, 10:35:40 AM »
Its just birth pangs from all the new stuff and influx of members.  Probably take a little time to iron out.

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 11:15:48 AM »
Ok well I tried the Archives (with WMP 11) and they work. When you watch it you can do file -> save as and save the wmv file but you have to keep it playing in the player. As soon as you press stop the download also aborts. But there is a trick and I hope I dont get punished for posting it. In the asx file there is a link when you open it with the windows editor which looks like this:

mms://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080409_Wed_Alex.wmv

Just change the mms to http and copy it into the browser. It either triggers a download or the mediaplayer in that case you have to do it with the flie -> save as option.

Or you set your browser not to start the player when a video file is detected.

People who know a bit HTML could just create a html file with
Code: [Select]
<a href="http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080409_Wed_Alex.wmv">download</a>Or for the very lazy who want wednesday program just rightclick and save as this:

Btw Kaspersky wanted permission 2 times for some connection which i denied. the video started anyways.

Thank you iks, it worked!!!

You are a freaking genius, my friend.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:31 AM »
well, just clicked the first day (part 2) of the shows again.  somethings changed... Now I get a blank, black webpage with [novideo] in white text in the middle.

Aaaaaargh!!

;)

iks83 I'll try that and get back...

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2008, 11:21:51 AM »
holy moley it works, pasted the modified URL into wmp11 and its a-playin'   
and the 'save as' to desktop appears to be working fine in the background as I watch.

Take a gold star my friend  :D

Hey mods, how about pinning this temp solution -lot's of folks could use this!

Offline Danis

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2008, 11:30:53 AM »
This may be a solution for subscribers, but it leaves PP.tv open to mass leeching of their bandwidth by non-subscribers.

They should also try adding page with an embedded media player, to play the stream, which may solve many people's problems.

Offline iks83

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2008, 11:59:59 AM »
or just move the files to a non public part of the servers.

Offline UK Lyn

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
Been saying though, streams are NO GOOD for anything except the Live show itself!!

No-Way should we EVER have to go online just to watch an archive. No internet, or slow connection and we're screwed right?

If there's a bandwidth abuse that's bad though.  Don't want that, know how much these things cost  :o

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2008, 07:29:42 PM »
FYI, the naming convention works for the other episodes too.

http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080407_Mon_Alex.wmv
http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080408_Tue_Alex.wmv
http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080410_Thu_Alex.wmv

You can imagine what the next one will be.

The only thing is, this is a HUGE security hole, and one which needs to be plugged ASAP, because it will lead to leeching.

Perhaps a mirror?

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:33 PM »
BTW, downloading these videos is pretty quick when you use Free Download Manager and set it to 20 threads in the settings...I am maxing out my connection - heck even more than maxing it!  :D

http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

Offline otero1

« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2008, 07:42:17 PM »
I've noticed that you have to left-click and let it open in a new tab and then it will load into your default media player. If not I get the error messages when I try to paste the stream URL in any player.

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2008, 07:53:10 PM »
For the record, I can't get the Monday episode to download, but all the other ones are good.

Offline Femacamper

• PUTIN HACKED MY MIND!
    • TRUNEWS
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2008, 08:08:43 PM »
OK, did some research, and I found all the archived shows:

Monday, April 7th, 2008
On this maiden voyage for The Alex Jones Show Live, Alex goes a full hour to discuss the Illuminati with expert Alan Watt and takes calls.

http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080407_Mon_Alex1.wmv
http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080407_Mon_Alex2.wmv

Tuesday, April 8th, 2008
In this 3-hour plus video marathon, Alex takes on the 9/11 no-plane crowd in a forceful and hilarious way! Alex also covers an Israeli Rabbi's genocidal comments towards Arabs. Hour 2 is simulcast with British radio as Alex is interviewed. Hour 3 Alex takes lots of calls.

http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080408_Tue_Alex.wmv

Wednesday, April 9th, 2008
In this 90 minute video, Alex welcomes guest Kevin Booth, producer of American Drug War, to discuss the failed drug war, the real dangers of legal pharmaceutical drugs, the run-for-profit prison-industrial complex, Kevin and Alex's personal experiences with drugs and more.

Thursday, April 10th, 2008
In this video feature, Alex begins by taking calls on the topics of the day before the broadcast switches to a 15 minute segment from Alex's public access TV show. The last 20 minutes of the show offer a sneak peek into Alex's upcoming movie about the JFK assassination, including interviews with Jim Marrs and St. John Hunt.

http://freespeech.vo.llnwd.net/o25/pub/rss/20080410_Thu_Alex.wmv

Please, only download these if you are PrisonPlanet.tv subscribers.

https://prisonplanet.tv/amember/signup.php

Offline mr anderson

• WeAreChange Brisbane
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »
Yes!

How do you download them? What is your secret?
WeAreChange Brisbane
I hold personal views, beliefs and opinions that do not necessarily reflect the beliefs and opinions of WeAreChange Brisbane as a whole.

Our Bitcoin address: 1Fzb4bp48oMr7CFzT3SbkTzKpMSvWW1X1t

Offline Teashade

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 04:11:03 AM »
I use Linux and cannot view the 4th hour (.asx format) on my computer. :'(