Should Jeff Sessions Resign?

Author Topic: Should Jeff Sessions Resign?  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Rex

Should Jeff Sessions Resign?
« on: June 16, 2017, 01:09:42 PM »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Trump/Russia stuff.  His assistant attorney general then appointed a special counsel to look into Trump/Russia.  This special counsel is probably not legal, as there was no crime involved, ever, with Trump/Russia.

Former FBI Asst Director Says Special Counsel Mueller Was Appointed Without Articulation of Any Crime & Is Against Statute

http://investmentwatchblog.com/former-fbi-asst-director-says-special-counsel-mueller-was-appointed-without-articulation-of-any-crime-is-against-statute/

Jeff Sessions is not up to the job of Attorney General, in my opinion.  He's too old and too timid.  Trump appointed him because he was a longtime Trump loyalist.

Sessions needs to resign, but before he does he needs to fire his assistant attorney general.  That position should be filled by a YOUNG Trump loyalist who can then assume Sessions' job when he resigns.

The new attorney general (who hasn't recused himself in the Trump/Russia business), can then terminate the special counsel's services, since no crime is or was involved.

But that's just how I see things.  Any thoughts on this?

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
Re: Should Jeff Sessions Resign?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 04:25:38 PM »
Attorney General Jeff Sessions recused himself from the Trump/Russia stuff.  His assistant attorney general then appointed a special counsel to look into Trump/Russia.  This special counsel is probably not legal, as there was no crime involved, ever, with Trump/Russia.

Former FBI Asst Director Says Special Counsel Mueller Was Appointed Without Articulation of Any Crime & Is Against Statute

http://investmentwatchblog.com/former-fbi-asst-director-says-special-counsel-mueller-was-appointed-without-articulation-of-any-crime-is-against-statute/

Jeff Sessions is not up to the job of Attorney General, in my opinion.  He's too old and too timid.  Trump appointed him because he was a longtime Trump loyalist.

Sessions needs to resign, but before he does he needs to fire his assistant attorney general.  That position should be filled by a YOUNG Trump loyalist who can then assume Sessions' job when he resigns.

The new attorney general (who hasn't recused himself in the Trump/Russia business), can then terminate the special counsel's services, since no crime is or was involved.

But that's just how I see things.  Any thoughts on this?

I think you have analysis the situation perfectly and your solution is how it should handled.
We know that the senate would certainly stall the appointment of any true patriot so it is important that Sessions appoint a true assistant before he leaves. Sessions know he is inadequate I believes he doesn't have the fortitude to act with the strength or at least the way Trump wants' him too, Trey Gowdy would be prefect if he would do it: because the Senate would like it and may actually approve a new AG just to get him off the cases, but if they didn't who cares its only a matter of time then because most of them will be in holding as traitors.   
What do you under-stand?

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:47:51 PM »

We need a real and very aggressive AG who supports Trump and draining the swamp.

I keep saying that the entire situation would be better off:

1.   Getting rid of many bloated, inflated bureaus like EPA, Dept of Education, and the list goes on
2.   For departments and bureau personnel, fire them all and re-hire with people not connected to politics and DC - lay persons off the streets.

The Federal Government should be doing only a few things that don't cost near what is being spent:

1.  Maintaining the roads and bridges
2.  Defending our borders
3.  Making sure the mail runs and goes through
4.  Print & coin money -- NOT, through the Federal Reserve, as it wears out and is needed -- is ALL.

Anything else is bloated fluff for others to make money on, shoving us in debt with waste.

love, e

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

We need a real and very aggressive AG who supports Trump and draining the swamp.

I keep saying that the entire situation would be better off:

1.   Getting rid of many bloated, inflated bureaus like EPA, Dept of Education, and the list goes on
2.   For departments and bureau personnel, fire them all and re-hire with people not connected to politics and DC - lay persons off the streets.

The Federal Government should be doing only a few things that don't cost near what is being spent:

1.  Maintaining the roads and bridges
2.  Defending our borders
3.  Making sure the mail runs and goes through
4.  Print & coin money -- NOT, through the Federal Reserve, as it wears out and is needed -- is ALL.

Anything else is bloated fluff for others to make money on, shoving us in debt with waste.

love, e

Pretty good list; I not sure about the roads entirely, it's really a state matter and if the roads where Federal the toll stuff would need to end, but constitution doesn't really address the road systems.
What do you under-stand?

Offline Rex

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 08:00:07 AM »
Sessions needs to resign.  He was a senator and took part in all kinds of policy making, then he recused himself from the Trump/Russia business.  That set a precedent which, by extension, means he should recuse himself from ALL matters he dealt with when he was a senator.  That's not practical.  He can't serve the country from that position of weakness.  He needs to resign.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein (the one who announced the Russia investigation) would not become Attorney General.  An article about Trump's options:

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-could-happen-if-jeff-sessions-resigns-2017-7

Online globalheist

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 10:30:46 AM »
Here's my take: this looks very bad for Trump.

His behavior towards Sessions, in public, is a shambolic and embarassing disgrace. And his motives are completely transparent - for better or worse, he wants to shut down Mueller.

Now when I see someone, who is being investigated, trying to use the power of his office to shut down the investigation, I detect a big fat swamp-rat stinking out the place. Ask yourselves this: if it was Hillary in office and she was trying to shut down an special counsel appointed to look into her affairs, what would you be saying? And I haven't even gotten into how disloyal and hypocritical this is of Trump.

Did someone mention draining the swamp? Trump has just appointed yet another swamp creature to his staff - white shoe boy and Wall St parasite Scaramucci, so let's be realistic here, unfortunately there will be no swamp drainage on Trump's watch.

Offline Rex

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 11:59:00 AM »
Clinton has decades of political crimes to look into.  It would be a totally different matter if she tried to shut down an investigation into her husband's HIV blood sales, or the Haitian ripoffs, or emailing classified info to the ChiComs, selling uranium to the Russians, etc.

The Trump/Russiagate business is now known to have been begun with a lie.  It was begun with a lie and has been fed with speculation.  Nothing there, shut it down.  If Sessions won't do it, then replace him with someone who will.

One way Sessions can take action is to identify an area where Mueller strayed outside the strict confines of the "Russia" investigation.  If Mueller asked a Trump associate about business dealings with Mexico, for example, then he overstepped his limitations.  Shut him down.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 01:40:06 PM »

... the 'dump sessions' tweets may be more 4D chess. just sayin'
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline egypt

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 01:51:05 PM »

Sessions is obviously not on Trump's side, and doesn't hold to Trump's agenda.  Sessions is an enemy.  Sessions should resign and be given lots of reasons to do so, to encourage him.

love, e

Offline Rex

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2017, 08:08:42 AM »
In my opinion Sessions supports Trump but he, Sessions, has backed himself into a tight spot with the recusal on Russia.  His #2 immediately seized on that situation to appoint an investigator.  And now Sessions knows that he was manipulated, and he's probably reluctant to take any decisive action for fear of being manipulated again.  The precedent he set with the Russia recusal can now be extended to other areas--if he met with someone from Cuba when he was a senator, then he should recuse himself from anything to do with Cuba.  And so on, extending to anything he did as a senator.  The situation is ridiculous.  He can't perform his job now.

Yesterday I tuned past NPR but listened long enough to hear them call Mueller a Republican and praise Sessions.  The liberal jihadis want Sessions as attorney general now, since he's effectively emasculated himself.  Anytime he takes a stance on something that's anti-liberal, they can demand that he recuse himself.

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2017, 08:41:28 AM »

Jeff Sessions, a nice guy but not the right guy for the job!

video *(how did they know?)

https://youtu.be/iRnGlsvGJYk?t=36s
What do you under-stand?

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:35:28 AM »

... the 'dump sessions' tweets may be more 4D chess. just sayin'

Dana Perino predicts Trump’s brilliant chess game:
Move Sessions to head of DHS to replace John Kelly

July 29, 2017 | Samantha Chang

President Trump could be playing 4-D chess while
the mainstream media is playing checkers.

That’s what Fox News’ Dana Perino suggested when she laid out a brilliant plan that Trump may have been working on for weeks that ultimately led to the ouster of Reince Priebus.

General John Kelly — the widely-respected Secretary of Homeland Security — was just named to replace Priebus as White House chief of staff in an unbelievable shakeup.

While the liberal media is gleefully foaming at the mouth slamming the Trump
White House as being in “chaos,” Perino thinks there’s a method to the madness.

“I think that this was all set up for a few weeks because the president has been so upset about Jeff Sessions and his recusal in the Russia investigation,” Perino said on The Five. “The Republicans and conservatives that came to Jeff Sessions’ defense this week all said, ‘But he’s doing the best on the issue we care about most, and that is immigration.’”

Perino continued: “Well, where can Jeff Sessions do even more on immigration? As the Secretary of Homeland Security. So I think what they’re going to try to do is move Sessions over to DHS, and then how can conservatives complain? And then you have a new AG … who can fire [Robert] Mueller.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/29/dana-perino-predicts-trumps-brilliant-chess-game-move-sessions-head-dhs-replace-john-kelly-519320
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Rex

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 07:51:00 AM »
I hope that's true, but who knows?  Sessions was an early Trump supporter and he's a friend, but he shouldn't be the AG.  It would be good if he's kept in the govt, but he's hamstrung himself with the recusal.  The solution outlined in the article sounds good.

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 09:29:57 AM »
Dana Perino predicts Trump’s brilliant chess game:
Move Sessions to head of DHS to replace John Kelly

July 29, 2017 | Samantha Chang

President Trump could be playing 4-D chess while
the mainstream media is playing checkers.

That’s what Fox News’ Dana Perino suggested when she laid out a brilliant plan that Trump may have been working on for weeks that ultimately led to the ouster of Reince Priebus.

General John Kelly — the widely-respected Secretary of Homeland Security — was just named to replace Priebus as White House chief of staff in an unbelievable shakeup.

While the liberal media is gleefully foaming at the mouth slamming the Trump
White House as being in “chaos,” Perino thinks there’s a method to the madness.

Perino continued: “Well, where can Jeff Sessions do even more on immigration? As the Secretary of Homeland Security. So I think what they’re going to try to do is move Sessions over to DHS, and then how can conservatives complain? And then you have a new AG … who can fire [Robert] Mueller.”

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2017/07/29/dana-perino-predicts-trumps-brilliant-chess-game-move-sessions-head-dhs-replace-john-kelly-519320

I think Session is too old school; he still in the fog of the neo-con deception; maybe and only maybe he might wake up but I doubt it.
This move could be face saving; which a friend might do, but in the struggle I don't think it's a  proper way to deal with it, but I might be wrong; Trump is president and it on him so I am limiting my criticism of how he is going to handle it.
What do you under-stand?

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 11:05:34 AM »
Yes!

When Sessions recused himself it revealed he suckered into what the left wanted him to do, thus he is to weak to continue or go after the real criminals. I thought he was smarter.

In the current environment of criminals taking over govt, the head of the DOJ must have some balls and a backbone to go after the real perps. Sessions has proven he doesnt have what is needed to help Trump go after these criminals. His focus is on immigration, so move him where he can be effective! I agree with Trump on this.
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline egypt

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 03:30:45 PM »

Jeff Sessions is not pursuing criminals like Hillary, Obama, IRS.  He pushes and concentrates on things like the War on Drugs to further new world order agenda.

He's simply a place-holder so that someone who will work with Trump, doesn't get in.

love, e

Offline Rex

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 06:17:35 PM »
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) told Breitbart News on Wednesday that he and other House Judiciary Committee Republicans had met with Sessions at the Justice Department on September 28 in advance of an upcoming committee hearing with Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein later this month.

Gaetz said that when he asked Sessions to appoint a special counsel to investigate the 2010 Uranium One deal and Fusion GPS, the attorney general stood up, said he could not discuss the matter because he had recused himself, and walked out of the room, leaving them with a group of Rosenstein staffers “who showed no interest.”

“He said that anything that had to do with 2016 election, or Russia, or the candidates in the 2016 election, fell under the scope of his recusal, and he left the room,” Gaetz said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2017/11/02/rep-matt-gaetz-says-jeff-sessions-recused-uranium-one-deal/

If Sessions can't do his job, then he needs to resign.
If he won't resign, then Trump needs to fire him.
If Trump doesn't fire him, then Trump is providing cover for Hillary Clinton (possibly by design).

Offline egypt

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 01:57:39 AM »
^ ^ ^ ^

Rex -- Your assessment seems correct about not seeking investigation on Hillary, by design of Trump.  I'm only hoping there are more factors that aren't being considered.  For instance, possibly Trump is holding off (using Sessions' recusal) until she can be nabbed and not escape the net.  Trump's a winner.  His mindset is he won't lose.  It's a good mindset.  He not only needs to prosecute her, but see that her evil empire goes down with her.  Who needs to whack her head, and see more moles come up.   So many times, patience is the key.  One thing is for sure -- people are hollering all over the world to "lock her up."   Seeing Trump's performance, so far,  is an amazing sight to behold.  So, I'm still on the train.  I actually trust him, so far.

love, e

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 02:13:44 AM »
I think Session is too old school; he still in the fog of the neo-con deception; maybe and only maybe he might wake up but I doubt it.
This move could be face saving; which a friend might do, but in the struggle I don't think it's a  proper way to deal with it, but I might be wrong; Trump is president and it on him so I am limiting my criticism of how he is going to handle it.

Jeff Session seem to be a plant and a traitor; I was thinking he was a Elmer Fudd type, but now I think he is just another traitor in our mist.
2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
What do you under-stand?

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
I tend to think they have something on him ... nothing like blackmail to silence and create inaction .
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2017, 10:42:17 PM »
Craig Sawyer (listen starting at time 14:47)
https://www.davejanda.com/audio/CraigSawyer111917.mp3

https://vets4childrescue.org

A different opinion! We may be wrong about Sessions!
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2017, 05:27:35 AM »
Craig Sawyer (listen starting at time 14:47)
https://www.davejanda.com/audio/CraigSawyer111917.mp3

https://vets4childrescue.org

A different opinion! We may be wrong about Sessions!

I sure hope we are wrong and I will be the first to repent and an apology will be straight forward; but in the mean time all we can do is state the obvious that his inaction is questionable.
And aside from not draining the swamp; the Cannabis issue and Asset Forfeiture is quite strange also.
What do you under-stand?