Paul Watson should take calls so we can counter his propaganda

Author Topic: Paul Watson should take calls so we can counter his propaganda  (Read 801 times)

Offline globalheist

It would be better to have an opportunity to have people phone in to counter Watson's propaganda, rather than just have him sit there and rant rubbish for an hour.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
Re: Paul Watson should take calls so we can counter his propaganda
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 04:02:52 PM »

The calls would have been supportive because there was zero rubbish.

love, e

Offline globalheist

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 04:09:03 PM »

The calls would have been supportive because there was zero rubbish.

love, e

Not if I had called in ;)

Offline egypt

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 04:29:14 PM »
hahaha

globalheist ---- put here what you object to in Watson's report.  I'm so curious.

love, e

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 06:09:34 PM »
^^^

PLUS 1

PJW is a master truthteller ... and does
it in a listenable, stylish, easy-to-understand manner.
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline globalheist

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 06:31:43 PM »
hahaha

globalheist ---- put here what you object to in Watson's report.  I'm so curious.

love, e

Watson relays to the listener an alleged argument which a 'leftist' might make, then he supplies his prepared answer. He exaggerates, over-uses sarcasm, and childishly imitates voices, among other weak techniques. How old is his target audience? And he doesn't ever seem to take calls.

Today he made a false analogy between 5 aircraft crashing in one day and the rate of migrant sexual assaults in Europe LOL!

I think it would be a good thing to allow critics, and those who disagree, to call in and put his arguments to the test, on an equal time basis. Then, if his arguments are sound then they will be demonstrated to be. However, I for one could show most of his rhetorical devices and arguments to be fallacious in a fair debate, and many others could too, and I suspect that this is why he does not take calls.

Offline egypt

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:30 PM »

Write or tweet to him the suggestion to take calls.  It would be good listening.

love, e

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 10:48:23 PM »
Watson relays to the listener an alleged argument which a 'leftist' might make, then he supplies his prepared answer. He exaggerates, over-uses sarcasm, and childishly imitates voices, among other weak techniques. How old is his target audience? And he doesn't ever seem to take calls.

Today he made a false analogy between 5 aircraft crashing in one day and the rate of migrant sexual assaults in Europe LOL!

I think it would be a good thing to allow critics, and those who disagree, to call in and put his arguments to the test, on an equal time basis. Then, if his arguments are sound then they will be demonstrated to be. However, I for one could show most of his rhetorical devices and arguments to be fallacious in a fair debate, and many others could too, and I suspect that this is why he does not take calls.

Maybe you just miss the point; I though it was a great analysis being we here have been in the fray of having to deal with Islam apologist: there favorite argument is .....not all Muslim (ie believer in Islamic doctrine) are wack out insane murderous demons so that mean Islam isn't bad; which is a technique to misdirect attention from the orthodoxy of their beliefs.
Without going again into the insane doctrines of Islam I would confirm the insane acts PJW was referring too are indicative of a major problem and not to be ignored because all Muslim don't act out the insane Islamic doctrine, PJW point was very well taken, unless you didn't understand or are a blind defender the the undefinable, this explanation should put an end to your criticism of PJW on this subject.     
What do you under-stand?

Offline globalheist

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »
Maybe you just miss the point; I though it was a great analysis being we here have been in the fray of having to deal with Islam apologist: there favorite argument is .....not all Muslim (ie believer in Islamic doctrine) are wack out insane murderous demons so that mean Islam isn't bad; which is a technique to misdirect attention from the orthodoxy of their beliefs.
Without going again into the insane doctrines of Islam I would confirm the insane acts PJW was referring too are indicative of a major problem and not to be ignored because all Muslim don't act out the insane Islamic doctrine, PJW point was very well taken, unless you didn't understand or are a blind defender the the undefinable, this explanation should put an end to your criticism of PJW on this subject.   

I know what he was trying to say, my point is that the analogy was hilariously exaggerated. When he exaggerates and indulges in hyperbole, it undermines whatever validity there is in the underlying point he may be trying to make.

Offline globalheist

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »

Write or tweet to him the suggestion to take calls.  It would be good listening.

love, e

I agree, it would be good listening. I'm not on twitter or fb, so maybe anyone who is can make the suggestion, or possibly PJW might read this forum from time to time?