GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY  (Read 1638 times)

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:40:01 AM »
BREXIT: "Every vote for the Conservatives will make it harder
for the opposition who want to stop me from getting the job done."

UK PM Theresa May Calls Snap General Election
BREITBART LONDON - 18 Apr 2017

British Prime Minister Theresa May has called a General Election for 8 June.

Addressing journalists, the Prime Minister said:

I have just chaired a meeting of the cabinet where we agreed to hold a general election on the 8th June. I want to explain what will happen next and the choice facing the British people when you come to vote in this election.

Last summer, after the people voted to leave the European Union, Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership.

Since I became Prime Minister, the Government has delivered precisely that.

Despite predictions of immediate economic danger since the refrendum, we have seen consumer confidence remain high, record numbers of jobs, and economic growth exceed expectations.

We also delivered on the mandate of the referendum result. Britain is leaving the European Union and there can be no turning back.

And as we look to the future, the Government has the right plan to negotiate the new relationship with the European Union.

We want a deep and special partnership between a strong and successful European Union and a United Kingdom that is free to chart its own way in the world.

The latest polling from YouGov gives the Conservative Party a massive lead over the Labour Party, and projects that the Liberal Democrats will reclaim their place as the third-largest UK-wide party.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04/18/uk-pm-theresa-may-calls-snap-general-election/
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Stan

Re: GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »
That was a bit of a shock to say the least! I think it's safe to say that the Tories and Lib Dems will increase their vote share while Labour and UKIP will take a hit. Though I'll still be voting UKIP, myself.

Then we'll see a Labour leadership contest in the autumn (most likely). A little extra drama. It'll be interesting to see if they go full Blairite or whether a leftist type with actual leadership skills can win. I hope it's the latter and not someone completely horrible. An actual liberal would be nice but I think that ship has sailed as far as the modern left goes.

Labour are in for a kicking.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
VOTE TWICE
Yes it was a shock this morning, but thinking back, we all knew something like this could happen.

I've been posting about here:
http://forum.globalgulag.com/index.php?topic=731.0

I can edit to embed YouTube videos - a big plus.  8)
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »

... we only have the exit polling numbers
so far, but the results seem to be a mixed bag:

Glimmer of hope for Tories:
First REAL results contradict stunning joint-TV
exit poll of 30,000 people suggesting the PM's
election has backfired and Britain is on
course for hung Parliament

* Exit poll suggest Prime Minister Theresa May has lost seats in the election in a stunning reversal of her hopes
  * Britain appears to be on course for a hung parliament with results due to flow in steadily over the night
  * Mrs May remains as PM and would have the first crack at forming a government as Tories still largest party
  * But the poll suggests a small change could leave Jeremy Corbyn in No 10 with help from SNP and Lib Dems
  * The first actual results from the ballot are expected to be declared in the north east from around 11pm
  * The Conservatives could drop from 330 seats in House of Commons to 314 with Labour up from 232 to 266
    UPDATED: 19:13 EDT, 8 June 2017

The forecast of today's election results suggested a catastrophic loss of seats for the Conservatives that would leave Mrs May teetering on the brink of being booted out of power. The Tories were said to be on track to lose 16 seats, leaving them on 314 seats and well short of a majority, while  Labour was up from 232 to 266.
But early actual results sparked the extraordinary sight of two experts saying that the Tories could defy the forecasts and end up with a majority of up to 100.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4586042/Stunning-exit-poll-suggests-Theresa-LOST-seats.html
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
-- Donald Trump

Offline Stan

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 10:47:32 AM »
Tories to form a pact with the protestant DUP which will give them a small majority of three seats. The leftie butthurt is immense. I hear the crybabies are already protesting outside of Downing street. Democracy is bad and all that. The usual crap from them.

This is actually close to what I wanted. Lots of Egg on May's face as she gets a small majority. Just enough to hopefully keep Brexit out of the left's hands. Plus it means Corbyn finishes strong enough to keep the Blairites from overthrowing him.

It remains to be seen whether it'll get us a good Brexit deal but it should get us closer to a full Brexit than if it had been left in the hands of an EU-worshipping progressive alliance.

I didn't vote for anyone though. I had no UKIP option so I only went to the polling station to spoil my ballot.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 09:59:21 AM »
My latest article I wrote regarding the dishonest reporting of the election can be found here

A Limited Hangout Operation ?
By EvadingGrid
http://forum.globalgulag.com/index.php?topic=1449.0
-- Donald Trump

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 10:42:29 AM »
My latest article I wrote regarding the dishonest reporting of the election can be found here

A Limited Hangout Operation ?
By EvadingGrid
http://forum.globalgulag.com/index.php?topic=1449.0

No rebuttals ?
No comments ?

I'll take that as a win then . . .
-- Donald Trump