GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY

Author Topic: GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY  (Read 448 times)

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY
« on: April 18, 2017, 07:40:01 AM »
BREXIT: "Every vote for the Conservatives will make it harder
for the opposition who want to stop me from getting the job done."

UK PM Theresa May Calls Snap General Election
BREITBART LONDON - 18 Apr 2017

British Prime Minister Theresa May has called a General Election for 8 June.

Addressing journalists, the Prime Minister said:

I have just chaired a meeting of the cabinet where we agreed to hold a general election on the 8th June. I want to explain what will happen next and the choice facing the British people when you come to vote in this election.

Last summer, after the people voted to leave the European Union, Britain needed certainty, stability and strong leadership.

Since I became Prime Minister, the Government has delivered precisely that.

Despite predictions of immediate economic danger since the refrendum, we have seen consumer confidence remain high, record numbers of jobs, and economic growth exceed expectations.

We also delivered on the mandate of the referendum result. Britain is leaving the European Union and there can be no turning back.

And as we look to the future, the Government has the right plan to negotiate the new relationship with the European Union.

We want a deep and special partnership between a strong and successful European Union and a United Kingdom that is free to chart its own way in the world.

The latest polling from YouGov gives the Conservative Party a massive lead over the Labour Party, and projects that the Liberal Democrats will reclaim their place as the third-largest UK-wide party.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/04/18/uk-pm-theresa-may-calls-snap-general-election/
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Stan

Re: GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:12:10 AM »
That was a bit of a shock to say the least! I think it's safe to say that the Tories and Lib Dems will increase their vote share while Labour and UKIP will take a hit. Though I'll still be voting UKIP, myself.

Then we'll see a Labour leadership contest in the autumn (most likely). A little extra drama. It'll be interesting to see if they go full Blairite or whether a leftist type with actual leadership skills can win. I hope it's the latter and not someone completely horrible. An actual liberal would be nice but I think that ship has sailed as far as the modern left goes.

Labour are in for a kicking.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
Re: GENERAL ELECTION IN UK CALLED BY THERESA MAY
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 11:36:44 AM »
VOTE TWICE
Yes it was a shock this morning, but thinking back, we all knew something like this could happen.

I've been posting about here:
http://forum.globalgulag.com/index.php?topic=731.0

I can edit to embed YouTube videos - a big plus.  8)
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump