Are you sick of this flat earth nonsense infiltrating serious issues?

Author Topic: Are you sick of this flat earth nonsense infiltrating serious issues?  (Read 5573 times)

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline iamc2

Re: Are you sick of this flat earth nonsense infiltrating serious issues?
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 06:28:06 AM »
So the proof is everywhere for an idiot like me to understand that the Earth is FLAT and Not ROUND!

So the proof is in that the Earth is a Flat Circle????

Tell me; are the Sun and Other planets Flat Circles also? what about the Moon???

Why is the earths shadow a Curve on the Moon?

Well; how Thick is the FLAT?

Well; every Pilot that has flown AROUND the Earth; must be LIARS!!! I don't think so!

Just a few questions to the Flat Earther's! and please No More Vids. for answers: as they just run AROUND in CIRCLES and fall FLAT on Reality...Puns intended....
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 09:10:24 AM »
Yes. Anyway who is behind that nonsense ?

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 09:36:11 AM »
Yes. Anyway who is behind that nonsense ?

-- Donald Trump

Offline Peerless

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 11:49:08 AM »
Flat Earth challenge for ball earthers - Explain this away and be more famous than Einstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDOAZRzyfwo

Published on Mar 30, 2017

1. Let's say you fly at 2 mach speed (1500 miles/h) = 1500/60 = 25 miles/min...8* 25^2 = 5000/12= 416,66 feet = 126m/min...126/60 = 2,1m per second...So, you have to nose down your airplane 2,1 meters (6,93 feet) PER SECOND....If you applied this same simple calculus for SR-71 (Black Bird) aircraft which flies at 3,2 mach speed (3840 km/h), you would get next result : Black Bird pilot should nose down his aircraft 5,3 meters EVERY SECOND in order to stay "level" in relation to the spherical shape of the earth...
2. There is a very simple way how you can check if "Schuler tuning" is pure imaginary concept that has nothing to do with reality : put side by side two different gyros, one gyro which is allegedly embedded into Schuler tuning system, and another gyro which works independently of any other system or device. If you can observe significant deviation (or any deviation at all) in functioning (maintaining-indicating level flight) of these two gyros (while flying in a straight line - certain number of miles) then

Einstein?

you very obviously don't understand the mechanics of flight...simple as that.

to fly one has to overcome gravity and create enough lift to keep a craft in the air.  lift is created when air flows past an airfoil...the physics of it all is that a slight vacuum is created on the upper side of the wing and this creates lift.

that's the basic principle to which one can add very basic thoughts of just how do you control the aircraft, answer: control surfaces with trim tabs on them that allow for fine tuning of flying and control the various vectors of travel.

Offline Peerless

« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2017, 11:49:51 AM »
So the proof is everywhere for an idiot like me to understand that the Earth is FLAT and Not ROUND!

Tell me; are the Sun and Other planets Flat Circles also? what about the Moon???

Well; every Pilot that has flown AROUND the Earth; must be LIARS!!! I don't think so!

Just a few questions to the Flat Earther's! and please No More Vids. for answers: as they just run AROUND in CIRCLES and fall FLAT on Reality...Puns intended....

+infinity

Offline marlowe

• Dimensions: 100 x 75 pixels
    • High Castle Webbot Forum
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2017, 12:35:23 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^   This above is a typical response of a person who refuses to look into the research on the flat earth.....He doesn't know and he doesn't want to know.....Because he is hopelessly programmed....& I feel sorry for him and people like him....

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2017, 01:53:09 PM »

Agreed, Marlowe.

Flat Earth is guessed to be 100 miles thick.  Flat Earth is a circular shape (please see the map of flat earth aka United Nations' emblem -- this has a round shape that could cast an arc shape on the moon.)

Military operations in exploration of Antarctica experienced planes crashing into the dome.
How come the USGS - United States Geological Survey (employing 9000) uses the flat earth map as their official map?

love, e

Offline egypt

« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2017, 02:15:42 PM »

A Stranger's Guide to Flat Earth | 21 Questions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xClWgidZU

21 Questions:

01. Where’s the edge?
02. Where does the sun go if the earth is flat?
03. What’s underneath the flat earth?
04. What about ships & boats disappearing over the horizon?
05. What about all the pictures of the earth?
06. Why are all the other planets round?
07. What about satellites and GPS?
08. Is outer space even real?
09. How is circumnavigation possible on flat earth?
10. How come the moon is upside down in the southern hemisphere?
11. What about seasons?
12. What about gravity?
13. What about the Coriolis Effect?
14. Why can’t I see infinitely far?
15. Is the flat earth a religious thing?
16. Is the flat earth society behind the resurgence of the flat earth?
17. Are all scientists, pilots and members of the government in on it?
18. NASA isn’t the only space agency. Are all the others in on it?
19. Well then who’s responsible for this deception?
20. Why the lie?
21. What’s it mean if the earth is flat?

love, e

Offline marlowe

« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
The Glass Firmament Spinning with All Stars Is a Powerful Generator of Energy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiG2HborsqI&t=62s

THE REASON WHY I AM A FLAT-EARTHER
1-We don't see —and nobody else does— any curvature in the "horizontal" horizon, and no one can prove it.
2-We don't feel —and nobody else does— that the Earth moves. If the Earth spins 1,000 miles p/h, and is curling, hurling, swirling, twirling and whirling all together with the Sun, the planets and the Milky Way throughout the expanding universe at the speed of 66,600 miles p/h (say what!), we would feel her movement, and not even a hair from our head moves.
3-If we travel from U.S.A. to China in a full moon night, by the time we arrive to China we would see the other side of the Moon, for being on the other side of the Earth. But it's not so. Instead, we notice that the Moon rotates like a disc. And that's not all: it seems that the Moon, if we don't make a move, neither she does whatsoever.
4-If we observe the Moon from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM, we don't notice any movement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiG2HborsqI&t=62s

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2017, 05:42:35 PM »
The reason I am flat earth is first the bible is clearly geocentric and overwhelmingly states the sun and moon moves and the earth is still.
The second reason is the evidence and facts bear out that there is no curvature, mathematically, observantly, and applies to critical analysis.
The third reason is that there is absolutely no evidence of the contrary.
The fourth reason is the opposition to the the truth of flat earth uses foremost assumptions only to try and support their positions.
The fifth reason is the opposition has used lies, hoaxes, deceptions and outright ridiculous reasoning to promote an outlandish proposal that the earth is spinning a thousand miles an hour and orbiting a sun millions miles away at 65,000 an hour and we feel nothing.     

Things to consider
1. The North Star remains fixed and the stars orbit this star.
2. There is a midnight sun at the north pole (the center of the earth) and there is no midnight sun in the Antarctica and according to the globe heads that shouldn't be possible, neither do the seasons correspond to each other.
3. If there was a curvature on the so called globe things that can be clearly seen in the line of sight that should be below the horizon. (Math doesn't lie)
4. And finally there is so many other proofs that it seem foolish to hang on to the lies of this vast conspiracy designed to hide God and steal the wealth of the people.       

What do you under-stand?

Offline notravelingfellows

« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2017, 12:28:47 AM »
The reason I am flat earth is first the bible is clearly geocentric and overwhelmingly states the sun and moon moves and the earth is still.
The second reason is the evidence and facts bear out that there is no curvature, mathematically, observantly, and applies to critical analysis.
The third reason is that there is absolutely no evidence of the contrary.
The fourth reason is the opposition to the the truth of flat earth uses foremost assumptions only to try and support their positions.
The fifth reason is the opposition has used lies, hoaxes, deceptions and outright ridiculous reasoning to promote an outlandish proposal that the earth is spinning a thousand miles an hour and orbiting a sun millions miles away at 65,000 an hour and we feel nothing.     

Things to consider
1. The North Star remains fixed and the stars orbit this star.
2. There is a midnight sun at the north pole (the center of the earth) and there is no midnight sun in the Antarctica and according to the globe heads that shouldn't be possible, neither do the seasons correspond to each other.
3. If there was a curvature on the so called globe things that can be clearly seen in the line of sight that should be below the horizon. (Math doesn't lie)
4. And finally there is so many other proofs that it seem foolish to hang on to the lies of this vast conspiracy designed to hide God and steal the wealth of the people.     

Using the bible as a reference to investigate something is very reasonable in my opinion, but "just cause it sez so" ain't. I don't know what to tell you when I provide first-hand evidence to the contrary and it's totally ignored by flaters. I've checked out the flat earth videos and information and found pretty much nothing but assumptions and fantasies. If you think a spherical earth is outlandish, I can't imagine what you would think if I told you dipping a bird into their scrambled undeveloped embryos and throwing seasoned flour on them makes a delicious southern meal ready to cook.
One of the most important things for y'all to understand is that flat earth and heliocentric vs. geocentric are two entirely different debates. I've seen plenty of evidence for a geocentric system and lean more towards that nowadays. But a flat earth is pretty hilarious you Marco Polos, I've had quite a few laughs. Many thanks.  ;)

1. The north star is not perfectly fixed, any time-lapse of it will obviously show you that.
2. Absolutely there is midnight sun in Antarctica, it's just extremely difficult to see it with your own eyes. Virtually no one lives down there or near it. The best evidence for this I can come up with is the coming and going of the "ozone hole." Here's the post...
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=317921.msg1611191#msg1611191
3. Well guys, I can't see Mt. Everest or even Mt. McKinley for that matter. Tell me how? I think one of your best arguments could be regarding haze over distance, but unfortunately that falls apart once you realize haze only reaches a certain altitude. I see the clearest cleanest blue and night skies about every two weeks for a few days down here at the bottom of the atmosphere near a major sprawling city littered with airports huge and small.
4. Actually there are millions of people who have prospered because we can send trade AROUND the world.

Y'all obviously haven't traveled halfway across the world, been on an airplane, or just bothered to get to a higher elevation and measure and do the math yourselves. Not every conspiracy is true brothers and sisters. I'm done for now until I can gather up more personal evidence. I'm sure you'll fill this thread and forum up with more trash. Go for it. Just remember those of us who are trying to get the message to you that, you are being duped.

Berthed and stamped No. *************

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2017, 12:38:59 AM »
Using the bible as a reference to investigate something is very reasonable in my opinion, but "just cause it sez so" ain't. I don't know what to tell you when I provide first-hand evidence to the contrary and it's totally ignored by flaters. I've checked out the flat earth videos and information and found pretty much nothing but assumptions and fantasies. If you think a spherical earth is outlandish, I can't imagine what you would think if I told you dipping a bird into their scrambled undeveloped embryos and throwing seasoned flour on them makes a delicious southern meal ready to cook.
One of the most important things for y'all to understand is that flat earth and heliocentric vs. geocentric are two entirely different debates. I've seen plenty of evidence for a geocentric system and lean more towards that nowadays. But a flat earth is pretty hilarious you Marco Polos, I've had quite a few laughs. Many thanks.  ;)

1. The north star is not perfectly fixed, any time-lapse of it will obviously show you that.
2. Absolutely there is midnight sun in Antarctica, it's just extremely difficult to see it with your own eyes. Virtually no one lives down there or near it. The best evidence for this I can come up with is the coming and going of the "ozone hole." Here's the post...
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=317921.msg1611191#msg1611191
3. Well guys, I can't see Mt. Everest or even Mt. McKinley for that matter. Tell me how? I think one of your best arguments could be regarding haze over distance, but unfortunately that falls apart once you realize haze only reaches a certain altitude. I see the clearest cleanest blue and night skies about every two weeks for a few days down here at the bottom of the atmosphere near a major sprawling city littered with airports huge and small.
4. Actually there are millions of people who have prospered because we can send trade AROUND the world.

Y'all obviously haven't traveled halfway across the world, been on an airplane, or just bothered to get to a higher elevation and measure and do the math yourselves. Not every conspiracy is true brothers and sisters. I'm done for now until I can gather up more personal evidence. I'm sure you'll fill this thread and forum up with more trash. Go for it. Just remember those of us who are trying to get the message to you that, you are being duped.

Ha Ha, you just refuse to see, LOL~~~ every thing you said was just childish regurgitation's. LOL )))( I've seen this before and all I can do is say now is "sorry" and down the road I will see you say wow was I ever fooled, how could I be so deceived. Good luck you'll need it. OH just encase you didn't understand, everything you said was wrong, typically wrong.
What do you under-stand?

« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2017, 12:47:41 AM »
Ok. It's only been strictly my own research and personal experience and observations. I didn't extract or plagiarize one bit.

That is all.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2017, 07:01:11 AM »
READ ALL OF THIS :

Who Discovered The Earth is Round?
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/09/21/who-discovered-the-earth-is-ro/

When Columbus lived, people thought that the earth was flat. They believed the Atlantic Ocean to be filled with monsters large enough to devour their ships, and with fearful waterfalls over which their frail vessels would plunge to destruction. Columbus had to fight these foolish beliefs in order to get men to sail with him. He felt sure the earth was round.”
–Emma Miler Bolenius, American Schoolbook Author, 1919

One of the most enduring myths that children grow up with is the idea that Columbus was the only one of his time who believed that the Earth was round; everyone else believed it was flat. “How brave the sailors of 1492 must have been,” you might imagine, “to travel towards the edge of the world without fear of falling off!”

Indeed, there are many ancient references to the Earth being shaped like a disc. And if you knew only of the two most important astronomical objects in the sky — the Sun and the Moon — you yourself might reach the same conclusions.

If you go outside during sunset a day or two after the new moon, here’s the sight you’re likely to encounter.

A thin sliver of Moon, where the illuminated portion appears to coincide with the same portion of a sphere that could be lit up by the Sun.

If you were both curious and scientifically-minded, you might go out after sunset during the next few days to see what happened next. In fact, if you were to go outside and look towards the southwest skies (assuming you, like me, live in the Northern hemisphere) during the coming days of September 29th to October 3rd, at sunset (~6:30 PM) each night, you’d notice something changing about the Moon.

Not only does it appear to shift position by about 12 degrees each night, moving farther away from the Sun, but it appears that progressively more and more of it gets illuminated! And you would (rightly) conclude that perhaps the Moon orbits the Earth, and that its apparent change in phase is caused by light from the Sun illuminating different parts of a spherically-shaped Moon.

In fact, this is both the ancient and modern view of what causes the phases of the Moon.

But about twice a year, something special happens during the Full Moon that allows us to determine something about the shape of the Earth: a lunar eclipse! When the Moon is full and the Earth passes directly between the Sun and the Moon, the Earth’s shadow shows up on the Moon’s surface!

And if you look at the shadow that actually shows up on the surface of the Moon, you can clearly see that the Earth’s shadow is curved, and shaped like a disc!

But this doesn’t tell you whether the Earth is a flat disc or a round sphere; it only tells you that the shadow cast by the Earth is circular. In principle, just from looking at the Moon, the Earth could be either flat or round.

But contrary to popular belief, this question wasn’t settled in the 1400s and 1500s (with Magellan’s circumnavigation of the globe), but more than 2,000 years ago, in the ancient world! And what’s perhaps most amazing? It was done using nothing more than the Sun. Here’s how.

If you follow the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, and you live in the Northern hemisphere, you’ll find that it rises in the eastern part of the sky, rises up to its apex in the south, and then lowers and sets in the west. And it does this every day of the year.

But it doesn’t take the exact same path every day out of the year; the Sun reaches a much higher point (and shines for more hours during the day) during the summer months, and reaches a significantly lower point (and shines for fewer hours) during the winter. To dramatically illustrate this, here’s a time-lapse photo of the Sun’s path through the sky taken during the winter solstice in Fairbanks, Alaska.

In fact, if you charted out the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, you would find that it takes its lowest path (for the fewest number of hours) on the Winter Solstice — usually December 21st — and its highest path (for the greatest number of hours) on the Summer Solstice, usually June 21st.

If you constructed a camera capable of photographing the Sun’s path through the sky over the course of the year, you would find exactly this: a series of arcs, where the highest, longest arc through the sky was made during the Summer Solstice and the lowest, shortest arc was made during the Winter Solstice.

And in the ancient world, the greatest scholars and scientists from Egypt, Greece, and all over the Mediterranean went to work at the Library of Alexandria. One of these scientists was the Ancient Greek Astronomer, Eratosthenes of Cyrene.

While living in Alexandria, Eratosthenes received some amazing correspondence from the city of Syene in southern Egypt. In particular, it said that, on the Summer Solstice,

the shadow of someone looking down a deep well would block the reflection of the Sun at noon.

In other words, the Sun would be directly overhead at this time, not a single degree to the South, North, East or West. And if you had a completely vertical object, it would cast absolutely no shadow.

But Eratosthenes knew that this wasn’t the case where he was, in Alexandria. Sure, the Sun came closer to being directly overhead at Noon on the Summer Solstice in Alexandria than at any other time during the year, but vertical objects still cast shadows.

And — like any good scientist — Eratosthenes did the experiment. By measuring the length of the shadow cast by a vertical stick during the solstice noon, he could figure out what angle the Sun made with the vertical direction at Alexandria.

And the answer he got was one-fiftieth of a circle, or 7.2 degrees. But at this time, in Syene, the angle the Sun was making with an identical vertical stick was zero degrees! What could be causing this? In perhaps a stroke of genius, Eratosthenes realized that the Sun’s rays could all be parallel, and that the Earth could be curved!

If he could then figure out the distance from Alexandria to Syene, since he knew the angular difference between the two cities, he could figure out the circumference of the Earth! If only Eratosthenes had a grad student, he could have sent one to make the trip, and measure the distance!

Instead, he was forced to rely on the reported distance between the two cities. The most “precise” measurement of his day?

Travel-by-camel. (So I can understand criticisms of his accuracy.) Nevertheless, his results were that the distance between Syene and Alexandria were 5,000 stadia. The question, of course, is how big is a stadium? The answer depends, of course, on whether Eratosthenes, a Greek living in Egypt, was using an Attic stadium or an Egyptian stadium, something still debated among historians. An Attic stadium was used more commonly, and is 185 meters in modern terms. Using this value, one gets a circumference of the Earth of 46,620 kilometers, a number that’s only about 16% bigger than the actual value.

However, an Egyptian stadium is 157.5 meters, and it’s conceivable that’s what Eratosthenes meant. In that case, we get a value of 39,375 kilometers, which is off by less than 2% from the modern value of 40,041 km!

Regardless of what the actual values were, Eratosthenes went on to become the world’s first geographer, inventing the concepts of latitude and longitude that we still use today, and constructed the first models and maps based on a spherical Earth.

Although many things were “lost” during the subsequent millenium, neither the idea of a spherical Earth nor the rough knowledge of the Earth’s circumference were one of them. In fact, anyone can perform this same experiment today with two locations at the same longitude, and with simultaneous measurements of shadow lengths, you too can measure the circumference of the Earth! Not bad, considering that the first direct, photographic evidence of the Earth’s curvature would not arrive until 1946!

Once we knew the shape and size of the Earth — from about 240 B.C. — we were able to figure out all sorts of remarkable things, including the size of and distance to the Moon! So give the credit where credit is due, to Eratosthenes, for discovering the Earth was round, and performing the first accurate calculation of its size!

If there’s anything Columbus should be known for, as respects the size and shape of the Earth, it was using unrealistically low numbers for the circumference of the Earth! His estimates, that he used to convince others that one could sail from Europe directly to India (were the Americas non-existant), were absurdly small! Had the Americas not existed, he and his crew surely would have starved before reaching Asia!
-- Donald Trump

Offline iamc2

« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2017, 07:08:55 AM »

Don't play a game of you feeling sorry for me? I feel SAD for you and your pals when ya fall off the Flat.

And YES I have seen the so-called research and it only proves the foolishness of mankind.

Go back to the Dark Ages and read by Candle Light also!

Repeat: The 1st FLAT EARTH Marathon: and the winners is...the 1st one to Fall off the FLAT!!!!

Offline Adolf Hilter

« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2017, 11:16:09 AM »

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #58 on: April 24, 2017, 10:08:44 PM »
Many of you are friends I have know you for a long time and your struggle with flat earth is so understandable, back in 2010 I was confronted with Geocentric earth and years later found the overwhelming evidence, substance and facts that the earth is indeed flat.
I to struggle heavily with this dug deep to try and disprove or dispel the idea the earth was flat; however I cannot and have not found any doubt that it is true the earth is flat.
I also try to prove the earth was a ball, spinning and orbiting the sun, but neither have I found any true evidence of that being true. To continue the pretend in a lie is neither possible or virtuous. I indeed have receive much ridicule and mocking for holding this truth, but it matters not for I cannot deny the conviction and truth I have found.
I could only relate to what Jesus told Saul in his suit against Christians and seek not to suffer further against the truth.
  Acts 9:5  And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

So friends I only offer you what I confess and know to be true, the earth is indeed flat.
What do you under-stand?

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #59 on: April 25, 2017, 08:45:16 AM »
As I pointed out earlier, anyone can conduct the most simple of experiments.
http://scienceblogs.com/startswithabang/2011/09/21/who-discovered-the-earth-is-ro/

How many teeth does a horse have ?

There is a charming parable illustrating the need for empirical
evidence. It concerns scholars vigorously debating the number of teeth
in a horse's mouth. A naive young man suggests that they might resolve
the question by looking in the horse's mouth and counting them.  The
scholars are horrified at this outrageous suggestion.

-- Donald Trump

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2017, 10:08:44 AM »
As I pointed out earlier, anyone can conduct the most simple of experiments.

How many teeth does a horse have ?

There is a charming parable illustrating the need for empirical
evidence. It concerns scholars vigorously debating the number of teeth
in a horse's mouth. A naive young man suggests that they might resolve
the question by looking in the horse's mouth and counting them.  The
scholars are horrified at this outrageous suggestion.

Looked at this site and it certainly has had all it's point refuted in the many videos and books that are out there, but if you want the same old dribble that has been feed to us all our lives don't look past they propaganda sites.
Eric Dubay
Mark Sargent
Google and see what you find out.
What do you under-stand?

Offline marlowe

« Reply #61 on: April 25, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
Here is a simple question that the people who believe the earth is a globe

should be able to answer.....But NONE here can answer it apparently .....

If the  earth is a sphere spinning around at over a thousand miles per

hour what is preventing the vacuum

of outer space from seeping into the atmosphere of Earth ?

[/And  vice versa ?font]

(******************************************************************}

@ Globe believers..>>>.Notice how your  brain shuts down as you ponder my question......YOU CANNOT ANSWER IT YET YOU STILL BELIEVE WE LIVE ON A SPHERE ......

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2017, 01:35:40 PM »
On a slightly lighter note . . .

-- Donald Trump

Offline marlowe

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2017, 04:34:22 PM »
Here is a simple question that the people who believe the earth is a globe

should be able to answer.....But NONE here can answer it apparently .....

If the  earth is a sphere spinning around at over a thousand miles per

hour what is preventing the vacuum

of outer space from seeping into the atmosphere of Earth ?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  ,It looks like  Evading Grid couldn't answer a simple question so  he posts an off

topic load of crap and goes back to sleep......How typical of the sphere earth believers ..... ::)

(******************************************************************}

@ Globe believers..>>>.Notice how your  brain shuts down as you ponder my question......YOU CANNOT ANSWER IT YET YOU STILL BELIEVE WE LIVE ON A SPHERE ......

Offline Adolf Hilter

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2017, 06:46:25 PM »
READ ALL OF THIS :

Who Discovered The Earth is Round?

When Columbus lived, people thought that the earth was flat. They believed the Atlantic Ocean to be filled with monsters large enough to devour their ships, and with fearful waterfalls over which their frail vessels would plunge to destruction. Columbus had to fight these foolish beliefs in order to get men to sail with him. He felt sure the earth was round.”
–Emma Miler Bolenius, American Schoolbook Author, 1919

One of the most enduring myths that children grow up with is the idea that Columbus was the only one of his time who believed that the Earth was round; everyone else believed it was flat. “How brave the sailors of 1492 must have been,” you might imagine, “to travel towards the edge of the world without fear of falling off!”

Indeed, there are many ancient references to the Earth being shaped like a disc. And if you knew only of the two most important astronomical objects in the sky — the Sun and the Moon — you yourself might reach the same conclusions.

If you go outside during sunset a day or two after the new moon, here’s the sight you’re likely to encounter.

A thin sliver of Moon, where the illuminated portion appears to coincide with the same portion of a sphere that could be lit up by the Sun.

If you were both curious and scientifically-minded, you might go out after sunset during the next few days to see what happened next. In fact, if you were to go outside and look towards the southwest skies (assuming you, like me, live in the Northern hemisphere) during the coming days of September 29th to October 3rd, at sunset (~6:30 PM) each night, you’d notice something changing about the Moon.

Not only does it appear to shift position by about 12 degrees each night, moving farther away from the Sun, but it appears that progressively more and more of it gets illuminated! And you would (rightly) conclude that perhaps the Moon orbits the Earth, and that its apparent change in phase is caused by light from the Sun illuminating different parts of a spherically-shaped Moon.

In fact, this is both the ancient and modern view of what causes the phases of the Moon.

But about twice a year, something special happens during the Full Moon that allows us to determine something about the shape of the Earth: a lunar eclipse! When the Moon is full and the Earth passes directly between the Sun and the Moon, the Earth’s shadow shows up on the Moon’s surface!

And if you look at the shadow that actually shows up on the surface of the Moon, you can clearly see that the Earth’s shadow is curved, and shaped like a disc!

But this doesn’t tell you whether the Earth is a flat disc or a round sphere; it only tells you that the shadow cast by the Earth is circular. In principle, just from looking at the Moon, the Earth could be either flat or round.

But contrary to popular belief, this question wasn’t settled in the 1400s and 1500s (with Magellan’s circumnavigation of the globe), but more than 2,000 years ago, in the ancient world! And what’s perhaps most amazing? It was done using nothing more than the Sun. Here’s how.

If you follow the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, and you live in the Northern hemisphere, you’ll find that it rises in the eastern part of the sky, rises up to its apex in the south, and then lowers and sets in the west. And it does this every day of the year.

But it doesn’t take the exact same path every day out of the year; the Sun reaches a much higher point (and shines for more hours during the day) during the summer months, and reaches a significantly lower point (and shines for fewer hours) during the winter. To dramatically illustrate this, here’s a time-lapse photo of the Sun’s path through the sky taken during the winter solstice in Fairbanks, Alaska.

In fact, if you charted out the Sun’s path through the daytime sky, you would find that it takes its lowest path (for the fewest number of hours) on the Winter Solstice — usually December 21st — and its highest path (for the greatest number of hours) on the Summer Solstice, usually June 21st.

If you constructed a camera capable of photographing the Sun’s path through the sky over the course of the year, you would find exactly this: a series of arcs, where the highest, longest arc through the sky was made during the Summer Solstice and the lowest, shortest arc was made during the Winter Solstice.

And in the ancient world, the greatest scholars and scientists from Egypt, Greece, and all over the Mediterranean went to work at the Library of Alexandria. One of these scientists was the Ancient Greek Astronomer, Eratosthenes of Cyrene.

While living in Alexandria, Eratosthenes received some amazing correspondence from the city of Syene in southern Egypt. In particular, it said that, on the Summer Solstice,

the shadow of someone looking down a deep well would block the reflection of the Sun at noon.

In other words, the Sun would be directly overhead at this time, not a single degree to the South, North, East or West. And if you had a completely vertical object, it would cast absolutely no shadow.

But Eratosthenes knew that this wasn’t the case where he was, in Alexandria. Sure, the Sun came closer to being directly overhead at Noon on the Summer Solstice in Alexandria than at any other time during the year, but vertical objects still cast shadows.

And — like any good scientist — Eratosthenes did the experiment. By measuring the length of the shadow cast by a vertical stick during the solstice noon, he could figure out what angle the Sun made with the vertical direction at Alexandria.

And the answer he got was one-fiftieth of a circle, or 7.2 degrees. But at this time, in Syene, the angle the Sun was making with an identical vertical stick was zero degrees! What could be causing this? In perhaps a stroke of genius, Eratosthenes realized that the Sun’s rays could all be parallel, and that the Earth could be curved!

If he could then figure out the distance from Alexandria to Syene, since he knew the angular difference between the two cities, he could figure out the circumference of the Earth! If only Eratosthenes had a grad student, he could have sent one to make the trip, and measure the distance!

Instead, he was forced to rely on the reported distance between the two cities. The most “precise” measurement of his day?

Travel-by-camel. (So I can understand criticisms of his accuracy.) Nevertheless, his results were that the distance between Syene and Alexandria were 5,000 stadia. The question, of course, is how big is a stadium? The answer depends, of course, on whether Eratosthenes, a Greek living in Egypt, was using an Attic stadium or an Egyptian stadium, something still debated among historians. An Attic stadium was used more commonly, and is 185 meters in modern terms. Using this value, one gets a circumference of the Earth of 46,620 kilometers, a number that’s only about 16% bigger than the actual value.

However, an Egyptian stadium is 157.5 meters, and it’s conceivable that’s what Eratosthenes meant. In that case, we get a value of 39,375 kilometers, which is off by less than 2% from the modern value of 40,041 km!

Regardless of what the actual values were, Eratosthenes went on to become the world’s first geographer, inventing the concepts of latitude and longitude that we still use today, and constructed the first models and maps based on a spherical Earth.

Although many things were “lost” during the subsequent millenium, neither the idea of a spherical Earth nor the rough knowledge of the Earth’s circumference were one of them. In fact, anyone can perform this same experiment today with two locations at the same longitude, and with simultaneous measurements of shadow lengths, you too can measure the circumference of the Earth! Not bad, considering that the first direct, photographic evidence of the Earth’s curvature would not arrive until 1946!

Once we knew the shape and size of the Earth — from about 240 B.C. — we were able to figure out all sorts of remarkable things, including the size of and distance to the Moon! So give the credit where credit is due, to Eratosthenes, for discovering the Earth was round, and performing the first accurate calculation of its size!

If there’s anything Columbus should be known for, as respects the size and shape of the Earth, it was using unrealistically low numbers for the circumference of the Earth! His estimates, that he used to convince others that one could sail from Europe directly to India (were the Americas non-existant), were absurdly small! Had the Americas not existed, he and his crew surely would have starved before reaching Asia!

Offline Peerless

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2017, 07:27:38 PM »
"What we have here is a failure to communicate..." :'(

What we also have are apparently some fans of Bill Hicks...

I guess you all think God left the traces of history just as a test?  Those fossils all over the place are just a joke?

Math is math, and the concepts discussed by Eratosthenes prove it all, you don't even have to get into the more advanced mathematics of Johannes Kepler of the anomalies of planetary movement which are only explained by the Earth orbiting around the sun and also the other planets...

You all just keep your freaking heads buried in the dirt...next I'm going to be reading this is really just "The Matrix" and it's all an illusion...I suggest you all just get some jobs.

Offline marlowe

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2017, 07:29:32 PM »
Flat Earth~Proof The Earth Is A Motionless Flat Plane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03S02uXBAmg

Published on Apr 24, 2017

Just like the political connivance and conspiracies that has deprived the world of the truth about most of the mysteries, the FLAT EARTH truth has equally been hidden by political connivance. The unite to deny the world the real truth, but it has now been proven that the age-long globe earth is a conspiracy and a lie. The earth is a flat motionless plane.

Offline Adolf Hilter

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2017, 07:41:44 PM »

I guess you all think God left the traces of history just as a test?  Those fossils all over the place are just a joke?

Math is math, and the concepts discussed by Eratosthenes prove it all, you don't even have to get into the more advanced mathematics of Johannes Kepler of the anomalies of planetary movement which are only explained by the Earth orbiting around the sun and also the other planets...

You all just keep your freaking heads buried in the dirt...next I'm going to be reading this is really just "The Matrix" and it's all an illusion...I suggest you all just get some jobs.

I think i did a good job finding an article that could explain it all step by step in plain language.

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2017, 08:32:45 PM »

This video certainly exposes your error and in only 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hbbE4DXq1Q

Published on Aug 20, 2015
The correct curvature maths. Distance to the horizon formula matches Samuel Rowbotham´s formula of 8 inches X miles squared. Observer height does make a difference. Use these formulae to calculate Observer height and distance to the horizon. Subtract from the TOTAL distance for height to be at zero elevation. This then leaves the remaining distance to calculate the curvature drop.
Video by Matrix Decode.
What do you under-stand?

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #69 on: April 26, 2017, 07:14:02 AM »
This video certainly exposes your error and in only 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hbbE4DXq1Q

Published on Aug 20, 2015
The correct curvature maths. Distance to the horizon formula matches Samuel Rowbotham´s formula of 8 inches X miles squared. Observer height does make a difference. Use these formulae to calculate Observer height and distance to the horizon. Subtract from the TOTAL distance for height to be at zero elevation. This then leaves the remaining distance to calculate the curvature drop.
Video by Matrix Decode.

Thanks for keeping it brief.
I'll give it 10+ for trying 0+ for maths and physics.

-- Donald Trump

Offline iamc2

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2017, 07:41:17 AM »
Thanks for keeping it brief.
I'll give it 10+ for trying 0+ for maths and physics.
Brilliant and funny!

Offline egypt

The math isn't complicated when it comes to the curvature of the earth according to what science presents as the dimensions of spherical earth.  The dimensions couldn't be any different -- right?  Flatters didn't "make up" the mathematical stats regarding earth's "curvature."

Flatters have done experiments that show there is no curvature.  From what I can tell --  many of them. 
These experiments are according to the scientifically-presented facts of "curvature."

It does seem that if one had a powerful-enough telescope, they could see Mount Everest (sans something blocking their view).   We are told that ships going away from us on a vast sea, disappear because of the curvature of the earth.  The facts are, they don't disappear at all.  They can be seen with a telescope, way past the dropping away point due to curvature.

No, it is not mist, reflections, hallucinations or mirages.  These are lies.  For one thing, a reflection would be upside-down.   It should be a wake-up call to anyone that lies are being presented, in the first place.

Someone please explain how objects do not drop below the horizon, as they should, due to the supposed curvature of our Earth.  When a ship or object moves away from us, it should drop below the horizon.   An object at a certain distance from us should not be visable due to the curvature of the earth (telescope or no telescope).

love, e

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!

The math isn't complicated when it comes to the curvature of the earth according to what science presents as the dimensions of spherical earth.  The dimensions couldn't be any different -- right?  Flatters didn't "make up" the mathematical stats regarding earth's "curvature."

Flatters have done experiments that show there is no curvature.  From what I can tell --  many of them. 
These experiments are according to the scientifically-presented facts of "curvature."

It does seem that if one had a powerful-enough telescope, they could see Mount Everest (sans something blocking their view).   We are told that ships going away from us on a vast sea, disappear because of the curvature of the earth.  The facts are, they don't disappear at all.  They can be seen with a telescope, way past the dropping away point due to curvature.

No, it is not mist, reflections, hallucinations or mirages.  These are lies.  For one thing, a reflection would be upside-down.   It should be a wake-up call to anyone that lies are being presented, in the first place.

Someone please explain how objects do not drop below the horizon, as they should, due to the supposed curvature of our Earth.  When a ship or object moves away from us, it should drop below the horizon.   An object at a certain distance from us should not be visable due to the curvature of the earth (telescope or no telescope).

love, e

OK Egypt here a video for you and anyone who wants to see the math and further evidence we are not on a ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etEB2rHnmso
What do you under-stand?

Offline egypt

Jacob Law,

Thank you for this beautifully-presented 17 minutes!  Just one more, of so many scientific proofs that there is no "curvature" of our Earth.

I didn't know there was a curvature calculator.  I'll be looking that up.

I feel so sorry for people who won't look at the truth.  Indeed, it angers a person to realize they have been duped this way with our basic physical orientation and existence.  How dare those behind this hideous deception!

But, as we know, there is nothing too evil against humanity that they won't do.

love, e

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
Jacob Law,

Thank you for this beautifully-presented 17 minutes!  Just one more, of so many scientific proofs that there is no "curvature" of our Earth.

I didn't know there was a curvature calculator.  I'll be looking that up.

I feel so sorry for people who won't look at the truth.  Indeed, it angers a person to realize they have been duped this way with our basic physical orientation and existence.  How dare those behind this hideous deception!

But, as we know, there is nothing too evil against humanity that they won't do.

love, e

You know it is beautifully presented, and it is sad because we know if someone who doesn't believe would look at this video and receive the evidence as substance they would be convinced there is no curve.
All we can do is present the truth and stand firm and endure the mocking and insults because we know it is inevitable that the truth will prevail.
What do you under-stand?

Offline egypt

Thank you Adam Curtis.

Typical.  Special window that acts like the lenses used on cameras gives a "curve."  The sun does look very close to the earth, too -- closer than the 93 million miles.  Everything looks out of skew to me in relation.  The earth, the moon, the sun and the station don't seem to make sense with each other.

love, e

You know what? I think I'm convinced...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUW2pVAopc

Offline Jacob Law

• Its the Law, face it!
What do you under-stand?

Here's a vintage painting proving there's no curvature of the earth.