Vitamin C Cures Disease but Doctors and Pharmaceutical Companies Do Not Want You

Author Topic: Vitamin C Cures Disease but Doctors and Pharmaceutical Companies Do Not Want You  (Read 2019 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Vitamin C Cures Disease but Doctors and Pharmaceutical Companies Do Not Want You to Know This

Health Impact News Editor Comments

Dr. Suzanne Humphries has given what is the most comprehensive and informative lecture on vitamin C that I have ever heard. The entire lecture can be watched below. Please be informed about vitamin C, and how powerful this natural vitamin can be in treating disease. If everyone learned about the health properties of vitamin C and used it accordingly, it would put a serious dent into the sales of patented pharmaceutical products.

by Dr. Suzanne Humphries
The Swedish Society for Orthomolecular Medicine, Stockholm, Sweden 2014

The Swedish Society for Orthomolecular Medicine introduced Dr. Suzanne Humphries to lecture on the practical use of Vitamin C in Stockholm, Sweden 2014.

Although Dr. Humphries primary interest is in the study of vaccinations, she has realized that,

“Much of what I have learned in my medical education is lacking in details on how to support the biology of the human being.”

She continues,

“When people are just a little bit sick or when they are healthy, it can be very helpful to support the chemistry of the body using earth products that were put here for us and not necessarily the ones the drug companies have made for us.”

Dr. Humphries states that since she has learned to use Vitamin C, not only has her own health become extraordinarily better, but her prescription writing has gone down significantly and the health of her patients has improved.

Dispelling Myths Regarding the “Dangers” of Vitamin C

Dr. Humphries states that there is a lot of mythology in the medical field regarding vitamin C. The fact that vitamin C is necessary to prevent scurvy, but that doses over 1000 mg are dangerous, wasteful and just gives you “expensive urine,” is a myth.

Scurvy is a disease that occurs if you have a severe lack of vitamin C (ascorbic acid) in your diet, causing anemia, gum disease and skin hemorrhages. Conventional doctors may say that the body becomes saturated if consumers take more than 150 mg a day. In addition, that in large doses vitamin C can cause kidney stones.

We hear that natural whole vitamin C is always the best source, food is always the best source, and the statement that people with illnesses can get enough ascorbate (vitamin C) from food.

None of these myths we hear are true or have ever been proven clinically or scientifically according to Dr. Humphries and medical literature.
The Recommended Daily Allowance of Vitamin C is to Prevent Scurvy, Not Promote Optimal Health

Dr. Humphries explains,

“Animals use four sequential liver enzymes to convert glucose into L-Ascorbic Acid. This is the magic chemical that has so many functions in our body that enhance our health and can be very lifesaving in certain situations, and can be consumed very rapidly during illness.”

The fourth enzyme is missing from human beings as well as some other animals (bats, guinea pigs and some primates). This means that human beings are dependent on the food source in order to have this life saving nutrient.

There are animals that make their own vitamin C, for example, a cow makes 18 mg/kg/day, daily total of 12,000 mg a day plus food. Another animal she discusses is cats, who make 20 to 40 mg/kg/day, daily total of 180 mg a day.

The Recommended Daily Allowance (RDA) for a person is half of that amount. The animals that rely on their food source, such as a gorilla, the intake is 30 mg/kg/day for 4,500 mg per day. The guinea pig also does not make their own vitamin C, and intake is 33 mg/kg/day for 30 mg per day.

Dr. Humphries has learned some interesting facts about goats. When goats are healthy, they produce 185 mg/kg/day (13,000 mg/day) and when sick or stressed, up to 1400 mg/kg/day (100,000 mg/day).

A veterinarian was on the farm in New Zealand where Dr. Humphries is seen in this picture, and he volunteered that goats hardly ever get sick.

Dr. Humphries states,

“I make none of my own vitamin C and I am told that I only need 75 mg/day or 1.2 mg/kg/day. This is a gross underestimation of what we should take every day. The science behind this estimate is flawed.”

The RDA for men is 90 mg/day and for women is 75 mg/day. When scientists attempted to change the RDA of vitamin C to 200 a day, it was rejected by the authorities according to Dr. Humphries.

When a person develops an illness, the vitamin C reserves can be depleted very quickly. Dr. Humphries stresses that the RDA levels for vitamin C are to prevent scurvy, not promote optimal health.

Study Shows That Nearly One in Five People Have a Plasma Vitamin C Concentration Compatible with Scurvy

Dr. Humphries found a study in Canada showing levels of vitamin C in the blood. In this study, greater than 28.4 micro mol/L is considered normal. According to this study there are approximately 16 percent of people who have subnormal levels in their blood and 84 percent are normal:

The difference in patients that are in the hospital and ill, is that only 21 percent are normal by what Dr. Humphries exclaims is,

“a very low standard of normal.”

The graph on the picture above shows hospitalized patients as the black bars and outpatients are represented by the clear bars. Dr. Humphries points out that both groups have people that are 100 or 125, she believes that this is a better range for us to live in, either with a high diet of this nutrient or repeated doses.

She states that 24 percent of the people that were admitted into the hospital were taking vitamins and the doctors discontinued most of them.

The conclusion of this study was that,

“Nearly one in five had a plasma vitamin C concentration compatible with scurvy.”

Dr. Humphries questions,

“If conventional doctors knew about this would they do anything different?”

There are Some Physicians Who Would Rather Stand by and See Their Patients Die Than Use Ascorbic Acid

Dr. Humphries states that we are living with this myth that we do not need to look at vitamin C levels in sick people and we don’t need to supplement.

Dr. Frederick R. Klenner was one of the pioneers of using ascorbic acid in high doses and cured many patients with horrible diseases in the 1950’s, including polio and a black widow spider bite (documented in The Black Widow Spider: Case History. Tri-State Med J, Dec 1957, Vol5, No 10, pp 15-18).

Dr. Humphries states that in this case history Dr. Klenner says,

“…there are some physicians who would stand by and see their patient die rather than use ascorbic acid – because in their finite minds, it exists only as a vitamin.”

Dr. Humphries discusses a study from New Zealand with healthy adult males around 30 years old.  These males offered to do a muscle biopsy to measure the vitamin C levels. Initially, they measured the men’s blood levels which were on the low end, around 30 to 40 Mol/L. They were then told to consume a diet low in vitamin C and stop supplements, and the levels dropped considerably in five weeks almost to levels of scurvy.

Next, half of the men were told to eat half a kiwi a day and the other half two kiwi’s a day. The levels of both groups were raised considerably, but the men who ate two kiwi’s a day, had levels that rose up to 70 Mol/L.

Read more:  https://healthimpactnews.com/2015/vitamin-c-cures-disease-but-doctors-and-pharmaceutical-companies-do-not-want-you-to-know-this/
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline One Revelator

I've seen people successfully kick a cold by megadosing just C alone. Absorption or lack thereof plays a role. As usual, it has to be done at the first sign of trouble. Otherwise, they're in it for the duration.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Linus Pauling was interested in Vit-C ascorbic Acid as an IV:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751545/

Transl Med. 2013; 11: 191.
Published online 2013 Aug 15.  doi:  10.1186/1479-5876-11-191
PMCID: PMC3751545

Clinical experience with intravenous administration of ascorbic acid: achievable levels in blood for different states of inflammation and disease in cancer patients.

Abstract

Background

Ascorbic acid (vitamin C, ascorbate) is a key water soluble antioxidant that, when administered in doses well above its recommended dietary allowance, may have preventative and therapeutic value against a number of pathologies. The intravenous administration of high dose ascorbate (IVC) has increased in popularity among complementary and alternative medicine practitioners: thousands of patients received IVC, at an average dose of 0.5 g/kg, without significant side effects. While IVC may have a variety of possible applications, it has generated the most interest for its potential use in treating cancer.

Methods

Medical records of patients with cancer treated with IVC at the Riordan Clinic were retrospectively reviewed. Cancer patients, for whom plasma ascorbate concentration data before and after treatment were available, along with C-reactive protein (CRP) measurements, were chosen for analysis.

Results

The results of the analysis can be summarized as follows. IVC produces peak plasma ascorbate concentrations on the order of ten millimolars with lower peak plasma concentrations obtained in cancer patients as compared to healthy subjects. Cancer patients who are deficient in vitamin C prior to therapy tend to achieve lower plasma levels post infusion. High inflammation or tumor burdens, as measured by CRP or tumor antigen levels, tend to lower peak plasma ascorbate levels after IVC. When compared to patients with localized tumors, patients with metastatic tumors tend to achieve lower post infusion plasma ascorbate concentrations.

Conclusions

The data indicate that, while potentially therapeutic plasma ascorbate concentrations can be achieved with IVC, levels attained will vary based on tumor burden and degree of inflammation (among other factors). Evidence suggests that IVC may be able to modulate inflammation, which in turn might improve outcomes for cancer patients. IVC may serve as a safe, adjunctive therapy in clinical cancer care.

Background

Vitamin C is an antioxidant that increases extracellular collagen production and is important for immune cell functioning [1,2]. The intravenous administration of vitamin C involves the slow infusion of vitamin C at doses on the order of 0.1 to 1.0 grams per kilogram body mass and has become increasingly popular among complementary and alternative medicine practitioners [3]. When vitamin C is given by intravenous infusion, peak concentrations over 10 mM, two orders of magnitude above what is observed with oral supplementation, can be attained [4,5] without significant adverse effects to the recipient. While IVC may have a variety of possible applications, such as combating infections [6-8], treating rheumatoid arthritis [9], it has generated the most interest for its potential use in treating cancer.

Vitamin C can potentially help cancer patients in a variety of ways: its role in collagen production may protect normal tissue from tumor invasiveness and metastasis [10,11], while vitamin C replenishment in cancer patients, who are often depleted of this vitamin [12,13], may improve immune system function and enhance patient health and well-being [14].

The use of high doses intravenously has drawn particular interest for the following reasons:

• A profound reduction of plasma ascorbate levels is observed in cancer patients [15-21]. This ascorbate deficiency (clinical scurvy) was correlated with elevated levels of the inflammation marker C-reactive protein often manifesting the shorter survival times.

• At concentrations on the order of 1 mM, ascorbate can cause a build-up of hydrogen peroxide, which is preferentially toxic toward tumor cells [4,22,23]. Experimental studies confirm that ascorbate concentrations sufficient for this cytotoxic effect can be attained in vivo, and that treatments can reduce tumor growth in animal models [24-28].

Ascorbate, at concentrations of 1 to 10 mM, can have an inhibitory effect on tumor angiogenesis [29-34], a process of new blood vessel formation that is considered critical to tumor growth and metastasis.

Phase I clinical trials indicate that IVC can be administered safely with relatively few adverse effects [13,35]. Clinical studies have demonstrated that IVC significantly improved global quality of life scores in cancer patients. Patients given IVC in addition to standard oncologic treatments benefited from less fatigue, reduction in nausea, improved appetite, reductions in depression and fewer sleep disorders [36,37], and their overall intensity scores of adverse symptoms during therapy and aftercare were half those of the control (no IVC) group. Other studies report anti-cancer efficacy, improved patient well-being, and decreases in markers of inflammation and tumor growth [38-43].

The relationship between IVC dose and plasma ascorbate concentration is important in understanding the ascorbic acid’s effect on cancer. In this regard, we analyzed this relationship in a large database of cancer patients given IVC therapy; moreover, we examined the dependence of plasma ascorbate concentrations in patients with localized and metastatic tumors on C-reactive protein levels and tumor marker levels.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline donnay

I've seen people successfully kick a cold by megadosing just C alone. Absorption or lack thereof plays a role. As usual, it has to be done at the first sign of trouble. Otherwise, they're in it for the duration.

I am taking the advice of Dr. Suzanne Humphries', I am going with sodium ascorbate rather than ascorbic acid.

For regular daily supplementation, sodium ascorbate is an economical, well-tolerated form of vitamin C. While many wish to avoid the "C-flush" effect, it appears to be a very good way to keep the gut relatively detoxified and clean. For those wishing to have a near-complete absorption of their vitamin C dose, the liposome-encapsulated form of vitamin C is optimal.
http://www.peakenergy.com/health_ebytes/issue_9.php
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline One Revelator

For those wishing to have a near-complete absorption of their vitamin C dose, the liposome-encapsulated form of vitamin C is optimal.

That's what I was looking for. Seems like that form claimed better absorption that the IV stuff TahoeBlue mentioned.

Haven't tried it though. For now, I just use the cheapest, most readily available at the local store. 1-2k mg/day. More if there's a cold coming on. I used to have access to “time-release” stuff. Haven't seen it in awhile. And I'm not sure if it made a huge difference anyway.

Soon as it warms up we should have a ton of rose hips around. Tried some last year but didn't care for all those seeds in my mouth.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline donnay

That's what I was looking for. Seems like that form claimed better absorption that the IV stuff TahoeBlue mentioned.

Haven't tried it though. For now, I just use the cheapest, most readily available at the local store. 1-2k mg/day. More if there's a cold coming on. I used to have access to “time-release” stuff. Haven't seen it in awhile. And I'm not sure if it made a huge difference anyway.

Soon as it warms up we should have a ton of rose hips around. Tried some last year but didn't care for all those seeds in my mouth.

I love Rose hips!  I drink a lot of Rose hip tea.  I also like Rose hip and Hibiscus tea with a spoonful of local honey.  The local honey over the winter helps you adjust to the pollen that cause the allergies in the spring.

I read somewhere that one cup of Rose hip tea is the equivalent of 8 oranges.

Offline One Revelator

Guess I can try to store some this year. One set of instructions says to dry them in a dehydrator 5-6 hours. But it doesn't say how to tell when they are “done”.

Dried tea leaves are usually a papery consistency. Don't know about this stuff.

Offline donnay

Guess I can try to store some this year. One set of instructions says to dry them in a dehydrator 5-6 hours. But it doesn't say how to tell when they are “done”.

Dried tea leaves are usually a papery consistency. Don't know about this stuff.

The small rose hips in a dehydrator needs to dry 24 hours.  A good way to do it is cut them in half.  Now the bigger rose hips need to be cut in half (or quarters) and the seeds need to be scrapped out because they can cause throat irritation.

*Make sure you wash them well.  Try to get ones that are away from pollution and chemical fertilizers--etc.*

Good demo for the larger ones:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lA9WBXE_6k

You can store them in a wire bale jar with a desiccant and away from light--will last for more than a year.

I love to make rose hip syrup.

Recipe:
2 parts dried rose hips
3 parts filtered water
1 part organic pure cane sugar (You can use honey but you would only add it at the end)
Pieces of orange rind from one organic orange  (I like to dehydrate organic orange peels and I crumble them up into the pot)

Take a coffee grinder or a food processor and grind the rose hips and orange together (not to a powder but chunks).
Add water to the pot.
Add rose hips and orange and sugar to the water.
Bring to a rapid boil then bring it down to a simmer until half the amount of liquid remains.
Strain mixture with a fine mesh strain, or add cheese cloth in the strainer.
Pour rosehip syrup into hot, sterilized jars.
Label each jar with the the name of the syrup, date, and ingredients.
Let completely cool and put into refrigerator.

The syrup is great for just taking a spoonful daily or on pancakes or over vanilla ice cream (which taste like a creamsicle to me  :) )

Offline One Revelator

Wow! 24 hours, eh? Longer than I thought.

I might try the syrup. Come to think of it, that recipe is only a few steps away from a long-term storable canned jelly. Thanks for the recipe!

Offline donnay

Wow! 24 hours, eh? Longer than I thought.

I might try the syrup. Come to think of it, that recipe is only a few steps away from a long-term storable canned jelly. Thanks for the recipe!

You're welcome.

Yes it is a few steps away from jelly--without the pectin.

I also meant to add if you want to preserve it longer 1/4 c. of brandy.

Offline Meditation1

Mega Doses of Vitamin C Cures Cancer - Only Side Affect is Dehydration
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 02:26:37 PM »
From Foodmatters documentary...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukHpVoAV0g

Offline donnay

^^great info!  Thanks for posting.

Another good video:

Living Proof Vitamin C Miracle Cure 60 Minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTXSTGGRvKY