What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?

Author Topic: What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?  (Read 739 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?

I wonder what the Russian people think of Donald Trump as the president of the United States and what their opion is of the current mass freak out that we are seeing in the Western media and those on the left (regressive Liberals)?

Are their any Russians or people who know Russians here on the forum?

What is your opinion?

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline One Revelator

Re: What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:36:56 PM »
regmeok is the only semi-active member that claims to be Russian. Harconen hasn't logged on in a long time.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 04:57:25 AM »
I can not speak for Russia
BUT, the same thing happened in Russia following Putin getting elected.

Snow Revolution
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9313_Russian_protests

Was it a big topic at your local bar ?
What do you remember ?

I say this because it might give some insight.

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Offline regmeok

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 12:52:33 AM »
> What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?

Cannot speak for all Russians. we have different types of people who formally can be called 'ethnic Russians'. (soviets, post-soviets:leftliberals&patriots of putin state and russians/nationalists)
could you rephrase the question. i cannot comment without knowing who reacted how. or was it meant 'of Trump/made by Trump administration' and related to the recent events in Syria?

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 06:59:25 PM »
> What do Russians think of the current hostile reactions to Trump?

Cannot speak for all Russians. we have different types of people who formally can be called 'ethnic Russians'. (soviets, post-soviets:leftliberals&patriots of putin state and russians/nationalists)
could you rephrase the question. i cannot comment without knowing who reacted how. or was it meant 'of Trump/made by Trump administration' and related to the recent events in Syria?

Hi regmeok

Good point, my question was as vague as "what do Americans think of Trump?".

I guess for you, I would ask, what do each of the following classes of Russians think of Trump and the negative reaction he has recieved?

• soviets
  • post-soviets (left liberals/patriots of the putin state)
  • russians/nationalists

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

Offline regmeok

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
pardon, but i still find ur question vague...
"think of Trump" ...about Trump's personality? (would be irrelevant i guess) ...or about Trump as president?(too early to judge imho) ..or about the mere fact that he was elected? (well i think for most ppl in the world it was surprising fact)
"and the negative reaction he has recieved?" A said B, C said D. so cannot comment without knowing A,B,C,D. ...was it about general negative reaction of US establishment including republican wing. (that is quite interesting situation) ...or about US leftists media ongoing reaction (which is nothing but expected)? 

but still try to answer  :)

soviets dont think at all (have no mental capacity) :). they just live dreaming about restoring USSR and/or dismantling of capitalism and dollar. (actually never heard any their position on any modern/alive leader...not that i tried to find out...prefer to ignore one cellular organisms)
post-soviets
a.left liberals. they generally dont like any even distantly prorussian(federation) or not that antirussian candidates or rethoric. (we, russians/nationalists even call em ukranian nationalists after and with regard to recent events) and generally they consume and reproduce all globalists and leftards agenda. most their resources are close to cnn/huffingtonpost-alike resources when it comes to some international events. needless to say they are anti-brexit, anti-le pen, anti-trump (and pro-hillary) by default. and u might guess what their reactions are.
b.patriots of the putin state) generally they simply follow local propaganda. so i assume initially they were pro-Trump and as nothing changed much in RF-US relations i believe they are shifting towards more neutral opinion. smth like 'smart Putin and Trump will try to find some pragmatic solutions on some problematic issues'. (uninformative mish-mash with a solo purpose to let patriots believe that Putin is doing smth useful no matter what. even if he is doing nothing or doing smth in a wrong way). i wonder how it will be played out as RF and US in Syria are hostile parties and RF is in kinda vulnerable position.
russians/nationalists. generally u can say that we are pro-Trump as democrats are deemded as a bigger evil. plus we have a modest optimism as Trump being made* a president might denote some global changes (which can be beneficial to RF in the end. no certainty there though) or at least some reformation of US establisment (which may lead to reduction of antirussian actions** by the state. no certainty there as well)...  but we are realists and dont consider US presidents as somewhat independent (even when fully supported by establishment/non-deep state) and all mighty entities so we dont expect much changes with regard to Russia (irregardless of pro or anti-russian public rethoric). plus we understand RF status and that it is used*** against US at some instances so hardly US and Russia relations will be (more) friendly (irregardless of Hillary or Trump being a president) 

i would add 'libertarians' (mostly consists of post-soviets with some alt-rightish state of mind and russians/nationalists). as i understand they dont think that Trump 'delivers'. 

*i intentionally avoid word 'elected'
**here is a bit tricky thing. we dont consider Russia as 'our' country (d say for the last 100years). so, say, US implemented personal sanctions against Russian officials and ppl close to top officials - we can support that actions...but if these ppl will lose some money due to sanctions there is a big chance that they will be taken from taxpayers - which is bad thing. ...sanctions agains banking/financial sector is a bad thing. but still might be useful in terms of making more independent and more stable system. so depends on how u look on things.
***'is used' as we dont consider Russia as fully sovereign country

Offline Brocke

• Global Moderator
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2017, 05:57:06 PM »
pardon, but i still find ur question vague...

Thank you for the reply.

~Aldous Huxley