Came across "Pellagra" by accident.... Stunned.

Author Topic: Came across "Pellagra" by accident.... Stunned.  (Read 592 times)

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
Came across "Pellagra" by accident.... Stunned.
« on: January 30, 2017, 10:49:13 AM »
I came across Pellagra when browsing for stories that are Trump and Brexit free

Corn-based diet turns French hamsters into baby eating cannibals
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/30/corn_feb_hamster_cannibals/

Pellagra
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellagra

Looks like Vegans are at risk !

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Came across "Pellagra" by accident.... Stunned.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »
Pretty alarming since food prices are rocketing.

I am also thinking this is Genetically modified corn.  98% of the corn in the US is GMO.

Flashback:

Could Chronic Niacin Deficiency Be a Root Cause of Increase in “Deranged” Violent Crimes?

By Dr. Mercola

As mass killings occur around the nation by obviously disturbed perpetrators at increasing frequency, there's plenty of blame to go around. The medical system gets blamed for not identifying these killers in time; the gun lobby gets blamed for fighting stricter gun regulations; and producers of violent video games along with incessant and glorified violence on TV certainly does nothing to combat despondency and desensitization.

But what if the solution could be found in one's diet, or in more extreme cases, in an inexpensive supplement bottle? Blogger Kimberly Hartke1 offers some ideas that are truly food for thought― and it's something that processed food manufacturers may not want to admit.

"What if our heavy reliance on processed and fast foods is leading to widespread nutrient imbalances?" she writes. "Dr. Weston A. Price, a researcher in the 1930′s found that primitive tribes eating a whole foods, natural diet high in animal foods and animal fat had no need for prisons. The moral character of these isolated people was strong. They were not incapacitated mentally or physically..."

One nutritional deficiency in particular that may have the potential to wreak havoc on your psyche is niacin (vitamin B3). Pellagra2 is a condition caused by niacin deficiency, and is clinically manifested by the 4 D' s:

Photosensitive dermatitis
        Diarrhea
        Dementia, and
        Death

Pellagra's Violent Side Effects

The disease originates in your gut, with GI tract symptoms preceding dermatitis, and the condition is well known to be associated with malnourishment and the "poor man's diet" consisting primarily of corn products. Pellagra was epidemic in the American South during the early 1900's, and we just might be dealing with a similar epidemic of malnutrition today. A quote from the book Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats reads:

"The clinical description of the typical poor Southerner, any time between about 1900 and 1940, comes alive in the novels of William Faulkner–the brooding sullenness, suddenly shattered by outbursts of irrational anger, persecution, mania, the feeling of people living in a cruel and demented world of their own… Doctors knew very well that diet was at the bottom of all the misery they saw around them, and that disease could be kept at bay by a balanced food supply…"

Hartke continues:

"... Barbara Stitt3, an author who once worked as a probation officer... found that changing the diet of ex-offenders eliminated the hostility and other symptoms that would lead them to act out in a criminal fashion. Her book is aptly titled, Food & Behavior: A Natural Connection and her work seems to confirm the findings of Dr. Weston A. Price on nutritional injury and the role it plays in juvenile delinquency and adult crimes.

A review of Barbara's book mentions her concern about reactive hypoglycemia, sub-clinical pellegra and vitamin B deficiencies being at the root of violent criminal's actions. Check out this revealing quote from the review4: 'The startling part of sub-clinical pellagra, like hypoglycemia, is that the symptoms also mirror those of schizophrenia, a problem so widespread that those who suffer from it occupy one out of every four hospital beds in the United States.'"

Read more:  http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/21/pellagra-causes-violent-crimes.aspx
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »

... thanks EG ... not that
I personally eat corn ( or
corn syrup) anyway.
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 11:40:31 AM »
So if neighbour is vegan and eats a lot of corn I should be worried about them being a  cannibal ?

Epic

-- Donald Trump

Offline donnay

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:45 PM »
So if neighbour is vegan and eats a lot of corn I should be worried about them being a  cannibal ?

Epic

*Slaps head*  I am a little slow this afternoon.

That is truly epic since they are not supposed to like meat.  :o
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2017, 12:04:36 PM »
*Slaps head*  I am a little slow this afternoon.

That is truly epic since they are not supposed to like meat.  :o

Vegans hold the moral high ground, they don't eat animals, just humans who are a plague on mother pagan earth !!!

-- Donald Trump

Offline donnay

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2017, 12:09:03 PM »
Vegans hold the moral high ground, they don't eat animals, just humans who are a plague on mother pagan earth !!!

Zombie apocalypse!

Offline EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2017, 12:13:12 PM »
-- Donald Trump