First human-pig 'chimera' created in milestone study

Author Topic: First human-pig 'chimera' created in milestone study  (Read 403 times)

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« on: January 26, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »

Friday 27 January 2017 04.00 AEDT

Prospect of growing human organs for transplantation raised by creation of first ever embryos combining two large, distantly related species

Scientists have created a human-pig hybrid in a milestone study that raises the prospect of being able to grow human organs inside animals for use in transplants.

It marks the first time that embryos combining two large, distantly-related species have been produced. The creation of this so-called chimera – named after the cross-species beast of Greek mythology – has been hailed as a significant first step towards generating human hearts, livers and kidneys from scratch.

More - https://www.theguardian.com/science/2017/jan/26/first-human-pig-chimera-created-in-milestone-study

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline One Revelator

Re: First human-pig 'chimera' created in milestone study
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 05:56:09 PM »
... that raises the prospect of being able to grow human organs inside animals for use in transplants.

I don't believe that's the purpose of this work for even a split second.

Those egghead scientists best get their heads out of their backsides and their eyes off their bank accounts. Or they can be credited in the future for the destruction they created. I don't want to hear that they didn't know.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Brocke

• Eleutherophiliac & Drapetomaniac
  • Global Moderator
  • I am not a number, I am a free man!
    • Vimeo page
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »
I don't believe that's the purpose of this work for even a split second.

Those egghead scientists best get their heads out of their backsides and their eyes off their bank accounts. Or they can be credited in the future for what they created. I don't want to hear that they didn't know.

It's the trans-humanist/eugenic agenda.

What percentage of pig/human are we talking about? To begin with most people would say a 90% pig - 10% human hybrid that will save lives is acceptable. What happens ten years down the track when they are creating 10% pig - 90% humans and using them to harvest organs?

It's a slippery slope.

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons of history.
~Aldous Huxley

He who has a why to live can bear almost any how. - ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 07:04:41 PM »
Sometimes I wonder if all those “mythological” hybrid creatures weren't so mythological after all.

If one believes there was a world-wide flood, of which there is geological evidence, Biblical reference, and common stories from multiple cultures, then we know very little about civilization before that time.

Here's another thing I wonder about.

The most ancient Hebrew pictograph for the alphabetical letter “nun” looks like this.

It's supposed to be a “seed” and means “continue, heir, or son”. To me it's obvious what that is, a classic sperm cell. But this raises a question. How would anybody back then be able to see that without the aid of a microscope?

Are we just progressing back to a past that nobody remembers anymore? If so, it didn't turn out well the first time. Couple this thought with modern human nature and we're on the fast train to unleashing nightmares that would never exist if genetically left alone.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 09:18:01 PM »
Disgusting.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."