HHS Secretary nominee Tom Price: Que$tionable Ethic$$$ in stock buys

Author Topic: HHS Secretary nominee Tom Price: Que$tionable Ethic$$$ in stock buys  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
So Dr. Tom Price is in the midst of hearings to consider his appointment as Secretary of Health and Human Services.

One question came up about his investment in a company:

Innate Immunotherapeutics
Company Overview
Innate Immunotherapeutics Limited is a medical biotechnology company with offices in Sydney (Australia) and Auckland (New Zealand). (<--- Not in the USA...)
http://www.innateimmunotherapeutics.com/irm/content/company-overview.aspx?RID=299

NOTICE: on the board of directors, a familiar name, CHRISTOPHER COLLINS
that's Senator Christopher Collins, yes indeedy.

http://www.innateimmunotherapeutics.com/irm/content/board-of-directors.aspx?RID=251

Christopher C Collins, B.S, M.B.A.
Director

Chris has over 30 years of experience in business management. He founded Nuttall Gear Corporation (New York), which was subsequently acquired by Altra Holdings (Nasdaq: AIMC). Collins has helped acquire, manage and make profitable 17 companies representing various industries. Collins was elected to the US House of Representatives in 2012 and now serves as the Congressman for New York 27 in Western NY. He currently serves on the Energy & Commerce Committee where he is a member of thre subcommittees - Health, Telecommunications and Oversight & Investigations.

AND, the LARGEST shareholder in the company is ^^^^^^^ guess who? Yep. Christopher Collins:

Top 20 Shareholders

Rank   Name   Units   % of Units

1.   CHRISTOPHER COLLINS   37,899,139   17.06
2.   NATIONAL NOMINEES LIMITED   12,816,849   5.77
3.   CITICORP NOMINEES PTY LIMITED   6,457,505   2.91
4.   CAITLIN COLLINS   5,200,000   2.34
5.   CAMERON COLLINS   5,200,000   2.34
6.   MERRILL LYNCH (AUSTRALIA) NOMINEES PTY LIMITED    4,611,656   2.08

Now, you might ask...
"So what does this have to do with Dr. Tom Price,
nominee for Secretary of Health and Human Services?"

He's invested in a company that will be seeking approval of a drug that has been in clinical trials:

==================================================

Innate Immunotherapeutics
Clinical Trials
RECRUITMENT CLOSING MARCH 31,

Phase 2B trial in Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis

A Phase 2B randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of the efficacy and safety of MIS416 in the treatment of subjects with Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS) is currently recruiting up to 90 patients in Australia and New Zealand. Recruitment will close March 31, 2016. Patients with SPMS who might be interested in taking part in the trial should contact the study coordinator at one of the following sites as soon as possible:

==================================================

Issues:

1. Dr. Tom Price purchased stock that was not available to the public.
Company filings show it was private placement sale below market rates, available only to "sophisticated investors."

2. Dr. Tom Price (in Sept of 2016) traded in stocks while sitting in two committees that legislate healthcare and trade in healthcare which, btw has tremendous influence on the FDA, the agency that approves new drugs.

3. Reported stake at $50,000, when in fact it was $250,000. TODAY, the total value exceeds $500,000.
(Dr. Price: "must have been a clerical error")
Revised his report on 1/23/17 because it was wrong. (Dr. Price: 'I misunderstood the question about the value of the stock')

(Imagine what this stock purchase will be worth
when the company's drug gets approved by the FDA.)

When asked, "Does this show bad judgment?" -- Dr. Tom Price said "NO."

He's made some clerical errors (like the Education Secretary nominee Betsy DeVoss, who said she WASN'T on the board of her mother's foundation, and that the "Vice President" listed on the foundations filings to the government was a "clerical error."
There is a serious increase in "clerical errors" ... maybe we need a Secretary of Accurate Reporting position in government.

And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Re: HHS Secretary nominee Tom Price: Que$tionable Ethic$$$ in stock buys
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 01:11:59 PM »
Insider trading among Congressmen is a big problem. Even new legislation didnt really stop the problem. It was smoke and mirrors to make the public think they were cracking down on the problem. They are protected and allowed to do this. If you investigated every Congressman, i would bet the majority do this. Not justifying it, just saying its a chronic problem on The Hill.

Good to expose it.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=10083&st=0
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 01:19:08 PM »
Insider trading among Congressmen is a big problem. Even new legislation didnt really stop the problem. It was smoke and mirrors to make the public think they were cracking down on the problem. They are protected and allowed to do this. If you investigated every Congressman, i would bet the majority do this. Not justifying it, just saying its a chronic problem on The Hill.

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=10083&st=0
\

Agreed Jo -- as I was listening to the hearing, I wondered if there is ANYONE who doesn't benefit by their position of influence; is there anyone who is honestly working on behalf of the people!!!
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »
\

Agreed Jo -- as I was listening to the hearing, I wondered if there is ANYONE who doesn't benefit by their position of influence; is there anyone who is honestly working on behalf of the people!!!

The only person i know of was Ron Paul. He didnt even participate in the gov pension program. The rest get pensions after leaving office even if they did nothing while in office.

I admire Paul for his integrity which is almost unheard of on Capitol Hill.
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:34:25 PM »
I have a real problem with the medical mafia in general.  Having these people in office always has conflicts of interest.

Downsizing in government needs to happen, I wish these type agencies would be the first to go.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 01:37:05 PM »
This is the drug that Innate Immunotherapeutics has been testing...

Here's the central component in the drug:

MIS416

Overview

The lead drug candidate, MIS416, is a construct of the microparticle and naturally occurring, non-immunogenic, cytosolically-active TLR-9 and NOD-2 ligands. When administered, these microparticle/ligand complexes are readily absorbed by the cells of the reticulo-endothelial system, with cellular activation occurring only after microparticle internalization and subsequent biodegradation of the microparticle and release of the ligands. Signal transduction pathways activated by these ligands act in concert to activate a broad range of innate immune cell subsets that are central to the development of innate and adaptive anti-tumour responses. In vitro studies have shown that MIS416 has specific immunomodulatory effects on dendritic cell, monocyte / macrophage, Natural Killer (NK) and NKT-cell cytokine secretion patterns, in parallel with enhancement of a broad range of soluble and cellular tumouricidal mechanisms such as granule, Fas, TRAIL and TNF-a.

So... a little search on studies related to MIS416:

This seems to be Innate Immunotherapeutics study...
Innate immunomodulation with MIS416: mechanism of action in experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis

Also...

Adjuvants-The Therapeutic Vaccine Potential of MIS416 Adjuvant-By stimulating innate immunity, a new adjuvant may increase the effectiveness of [/url]
GA Webster, FB Gelder - BioPharm International, 2009

Is this also a vaccine? Not clear yet...

Offline donnay

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 01:44:22 PM »
Good Lord...

If it does become an adjuvant for vaccines, one can hope that with Kennedy on board, this will pose a gridlock of sorts to get these type things in.
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 02:58:05 PM »
Good Lord...

If it does become an adjuvant for vaccines, one can hope that with Kennedy on board, this will pose a gridlock of sorts to get these type things in.

I know... that's the ultimate goal I bet... mass distribution, lots of money...
it's already in the pipeline for FDA approval.

Offline donnay

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 03:20:23 PM »
I know... that's the ultimate goal I bet... mass distribution, lots of money...
it's already in the pipeline for FDA approval.

Well time will tell, but at least we have an idea what can transpire.  If it does, we need to be loud about calling this man out!