Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals

Author Topic: Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals  (Read 490 times)

Offline marlowe

• Dimensions: 100 x 75 pixels
    • High Castle Webbot Forum
Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals
« on: December 22, 2016, 03:58:27 PM »
It was only when it became clear that many liberals were going to vote for Hillary
despite the fact
that she was a pathological liar and a criminal  that conservatives began to realize just how divorced from reality liberals actually were .,....

Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals  by Bret Stevens

http://www.amerika.org/politics/conservatives-do-not-understand-liberals/

Even the talking heads in the media, who have never experienced much of the world they write about, have figured out by now that Leftists exist in a bubble. We know that because they are accusing conservatives of living in a bubble; the Left always accuses you of what they are doing.

Bubbles exist for many reasons. Perhaps we read different news… perhaps. Perhaps we cluster with people like ourselves and only interact with people who understand us. Maybe it is simply “birds of a feather flock together,” or that we do not recognize the ideas and concepts which make no sense to us. But all of the above are symptoms of another cause.

We think entirely differently.

Conservatives have for years labored to explain facts and ideas to Leftists. They have tried to reach out, be bipartisan, compromise, and find some area of overlap or commonality. After all, we all want what is best for our nations and people, right?

In that assumption, we see the flaw of conservative understanding of Leftists, which starts with the grim fact that while conservatism and Leftism both operate as ideologies, only Leftism finds its basis in ideology. Where conservatism is based on time-proven best results, Leftism contains a single idea, which is “equality,” and from that all of its other ideas branch out.

Conservatives find difficult to understand that this means that for a Leftist, what is ideologically true is more important than what is true in reality. Because Leftists think in moral terms of good/bad exclusively, this means that for them, Reality is bad and ideology is its opposite, presumed to always be “good.”

Offline marlowe

• Dimensions: 100 x 75 pixels
    • High Castle Webbot Forum
Re: Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 04:14:42 PM »
We are so far beyond the realm of reason that democrats are now essentially running America like a massive political CULT steeped in delusion and mental illness. Believing in the lies of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton has very nearly become a psychiatric disorder, as their ideas are rooted in such lunacy that only a mentally ill person could possibly believe them (or vote for them).

Offline fred.greek

Re: Conservatives Do Not Understand Liberals
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 07:05:47 PM »
I worked & studied to earn my way into and thru the various jobs I had.  Instead of wasting my earnings in invested them.  I want to keep want I’ve earned.  More or less I don’t care what others do, as long as what they does not impact me.

Liberals want to take what I’ve earned and hand it to those who do not work, and tell me what I must do or not do even if it does not impact anyone else.
Retired but still working in the garden...