Whatever happened to the liberty movement?

Author Topic: Whatever happened to the liberty movement?  (Read 590 times)

Offline Screener

• Live and Let Live
    • Palm Beach Patio Screens
Whatever happened to the liberty movement?
« on: December 14, 2016, 09:45:30 PM »
Hi folks,

I'm new here, but a former member of The Daily Paul.

I have to admit it's sad seeing all of these now-dead threads... we worked so hard to try to advance the cause of liberty through Ron's recent presidential bids.

I must admit I'm pleased Trump won this election... but only insofar as Hillary and the globalist establishment lost.  Trump is a far cry from a real libertarian...

Does anyone else feel kind of deflated right now?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson << http://www.palmbeachpatioscreens.com >>

Offline One Revelator

Re: Whatever happened to the liberty movement?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:13:07 PM »
Does anyone else feel kind of deflated right now?

Nope.

There are still quite a few people pissed off at Ron for throwing in the towel at the height of his public support. Twice.

Similar or worse feelings toward Rand. Actually, there's a whole section on that here.

This is no longer about a “leader” that says all the right things only to throw everybody under the bus.

This is about we the people. And the liberty movement is alive and well in the hearts of the population as evidenced by the recent US election and the Brexit vote.

It's now on us to remain vigilant and to oversee our own government continually. The old vote and get screwed paradigm is over. We can no longer “trust” anyone to respect the constitution and protect the interests of US citizens for 4 years.

Trump voters have already made the statement, “Break your campaign promises at your peril”.

Of/by/for the people means that the people are the ultimate authority with the responsibility of oversight.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.