Yahoo News Thumbnail, picture of Alex Jones

Author Topic: Yahoo News Thumbnail, picture of Alex Jones  (Read 325 times)

Offline dragonmonkey

Yahoo News Thumbnail, picture of Alex Jones
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:12:31 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/essay-fake-news-faith-and-reason-100049128.html

So this is an Essay, and by the Title I assume the writer is lumping Alex Jones into the " fake news category " ??  And I think I am right that the writer is considering Alex Jones a " fake news source " with this statement

Conspiracy theories exist across the political spectrum, but some of the most influential purveyors populate the far right, including the radio commentator Alex Jones, who has claimed that not just Sandy Hook but also the 9/11 attacks and the Oklahoma City bombing were “false flag” operations staged by the federal government as pretexts to expand its tyranny. And Jones has had as a guest on his show Donald Trump, whose campaign abandoned even the pretense of grounding statements in empirical fact. The unemployment rate was whatever he said it was — “probably 28, 29, as high as 35” — and Barack Obama was born in Africa right up until the moment it became expedient to say something else.
Many of these absurd beliefs originate in “fake news,” clickbait posts whose authors may not even care if they are believed, as long as there are enough suckers out there to click on them. This has led to calls by media figures and other interested parties, Hillary Clinton among them, for a crackdown on the way social media sites abet the spread of nonsense. But the bigger question is, how could someone possibly believe that one of the most visible and recognizable figures in the world, surrounded at all times by aides and security, was sneaking into the basement of a pizza parlor to have sex with children? Who are those people?

I don't know who this writer thinks he is fooling with trying to lump Alex Jones into the fake news category,  Here is a challenge though, can anyone find the first, i mean very first report of someone using the phrase " fake news " I think it circulates some where around the pizza gate shooting , so who ever used it first i pin that slogan on them.

I see the terminology as really a way to throw off readers, to try and get them to stop reading and listening to other news sources versus state run propaganda media.

Offline One Revelator

Re: Yahoo News Thumbnail, picture of Alex Jones
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:21:54 AM »
“Fake News” was used here on the forum and elsewhere to refer to the outbreak of websites that go out of their way to appear like a news site, but are “satirical” and completely made up. The goal of these sites is to mislead anyone using a search engine to find the truth about some event. Whatdoesitmean dot com is the premiere example of this. An excellent example of conspiritrolling the public.

The government, academia, and the lefties have picked up on this and decided to expand that definition to anything that is not a controlled-by-them, corporate media source. Infowars and similar sites have fired back by pointing out the fake news/propaganda produced by the MSM.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline marlowe

• Dimensions: 100 x 75 pixels
    • High Castle Webbot Forum
Re: Yahoo News Thumbnail, picture of Alex Jones
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »
Jerry Adler wrote this BS attack on Alex Jones .....

Name meaning od Adler >> Jewish (Ashkenazic): ornamental name meaning ‘eagle’.

Adler Name Meaning German: from Adler ‘eagle’, denoting someone living in a house identified by the sign of an eagle. The German noun is from Middle High German adelar, itself a compound of adel ‘noble’ + ar ‘eagle’. This name is widespread throughout central and eastern Europe, being found for example in Czech, Polish, Slovenian, and Hungarian (Ádler). ’. 

Jerry Adler (journalist)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Jerry Adler is a former Senior Editor for Newsweek.[1] He writes for Smithsonian[2] and Scientific American magazines,[3] International Business Times,[4] The New Yorker, New York, Wired, The Daily Beast,[5] Esquire, and is the author of "High Rise", about the building of a skyscraper, and co-author of "The Price of Terror", about the struggle of families of Pan Am 103 victims to get justice after the Lockerbie bombing. In 2009 he originated Newsverse at Newsweek.com, a weekly satirical poem.[6]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Adler_(journalist)