George W. Bush to stand trial for Iraq war?

Author Topic: George W. Bush to stand trial for Iraq war?  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Rex

George W. Bush to stand trial for Iraq war?
« on: December 08, 2016, 11:26:47 PM »
Breaking: George W. Bush on Trial? Saleh v. Bush in California Court on Charges of “Crimes of Aggression” Against Iraq

San Francisco, Calif. — Today the United States Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit confirmed that Circuit Judges Susan Graber and Andrew Hurwitz, as well as District Court Judge Richard Boulware (sitting by designation) will hear oral argument on December 12, 2016, in Saleh v. Bush.

Saleh v. Bush involves claims by an Iraqi woman, Sundus Shaker Saleh,  that former President George W. Bush and other high ranking Bush-era officials broke the law when they planned and waged the Iraq War.

Saleh alleges that former Bush Administration leaders committed the crime of aggression when they planned and executed the Iraq War, a war crime that was called the “supreme international crime” at the Nuremberg Trials in 1946....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/breaking-george-w-bush-on-trial-saleh-v-bush-in-california-court-on-charges-of-crimes-of-aggression-against-iraq/5560800

Good.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
Re: George W. Bush to stand trial for Iraq war?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 02:56:49 AM »
The criminality, the corruption and disregard for human life is astounding.  They are arrogant in what they did and what they are doing.  Ye reap what ye sow.

love, e

Offline Rex

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 04:20:19 PM »
Former President George. W Bush may face trial at a California court for committing war crimes in Iraq, in an unprecedented announcement made by the U.S. Court of Appeal.

....Assuming the oral argument takes place, the argument will be live streamed and recorded on the Ninth Circuit’s YouTube channel, permitting members of the public to watch the argument. The Court’s calendar commences at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on December 12th; the case will likely be heard later in the morning, as it is last on the Court’s calendar....

http://yournewswire.com/george-w-bush-war-crimes-trial-court/

That's tomorrow.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 05:12:58 PM »
Former President George. W Bush may face trial at a California court for committing war crimes in Iraq, in an unprecedented announcement made by the U.S. Court of Appeal.

....Assuming the oral argument takes place, the argument will be live streamed and recorded on the Ninth Circuit’s YouTube channel, permitting members of the public to watch the argument. The Court’s calendar commences at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time on December 12th; the case will likely be heard later in the morning, as it is last on the Court’s calendar....

http://yournewswire.com/george-w-bush-war-crimes-trial-court/

That's tomorrow.

Bush will be not come to the Court. I hope I wrong.

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 07:10:51 PM »

I look at it as a set-up, dream-come-true for Bush.  Did he orchestrate it?

Firstly, it is taking place in California.  I rather doubt he'll be found guilty, though I hope he is.   Secondly, if he is tried and found innocent = can't be arrested and tried in a *real* court ever again on those charges.

love, e

Offline Rex

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 10:27:56 PM »
Strange that there's no news on this today.  Can't find any reportage on it.  Not even Fake News.

But apparently the case saw movement in court yesterday.  The way I read the docket listing, each side had 15 minutes to present arguments.  The docket:

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/calendar/view.php?hearing=December%20-%20James%20R.%20Browning%20U.S.%20Courthouse,%20San%20Francisco&dates=12-16&year=2016

Sundus Saleh v. George Bush - Sundus Saleh appeals the district court's dismissal of Saleh's diversity putative class action brought against former President Bush and Bush administration officials alleging that they broke the law when they engaged in war with Iraq. [3:13-cv-01124-JST]