Trump - Paul Manafort’s sketchy ties to Ukraine

Author Topic: Trump - Paul Manafort’s sketchy ties to Ukraine  (Read 1078 times)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Trump - Paul Manafort’s sketchy ties to Ukraine
« on: August 15, 2016, 11:50:03 AM »
The big story today is ... Trumps campaign guy ...

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/internet-freaks-after-corey-lewandowski-posts-times-story-on-manaforts-sketchy-ties-to-ukraine/
Internet freaks after Lewandowski posts Times story on Paul Manafort’s sketchy ties to Ukraine
Sarah K. Burris
 Sarah K. Burris
14 Aug 2016 at 23:01 ET     

T he New York Times dropped a bombshell Sunday night revealing an expose on Donald Trump campaign chair Paul Manafort’s ties to Ukraine.

According to the story, Manafort’s work was consulting for Ukraine’s political party in power. Investigators say the network Manafort is associated with was once used to steal assets and control elections in the country. The ties to Russia and Ukraine came under attack when the FBI found that Russian government hackers were responsible for the hacking of the Democratic National Committee. Interestingly, the DNC staffer who was researching Paul Manafort’s ties to Russia had his personal data targeted.

Their expose “offers new details of how he mixed politics and business out of public view and benefited from powerful interests now under scrutiny by the new government in Kiev.”

“He understood what was happening in Ukraine,” the Times quotes Vitaliy Kasko, a former senior official with the general prosecutor’s office in Kiev. “It would have to be clear to any reasonable person that the Yanukovych clan, when it came to power, was engaged in corruption.”

Adding, “It’s impossible to imagine a person would look at this and think, ‘Everything is all right.’”

It wasn’t long before Trump loyalist and paid CNN shill Corey Lewandowski tweeted the story. Lewandowski and Manafort were notorious for infighting on the Trump campaign while Lewandowski was at the helm. He’s also spent the last few months, since being fired from the Trump campaign, attacking Manafort in the media, including calling for Manafort’s immediate dismissal after Melania Trump’s plagiarism scandal at the Republican National Convention.

| - -- - -

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/us/politics/paul-manafort-ukraine-donald-trump.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0
Secret Ledger in Ukraine Lists Cash for  [Paul Manafort]  Donald Trump’s Campaign Chief
By ANDREW E. KRAMER, MIKE McINTIRE and BARRY MEIERAUG. 14, 2016

KIEV, Ukraine — On a leafy side street off Independence Square in Kiev is an office used for years by Donald J. Trump’s campaign chairman, Paul Manafort, when he consulted for Ukraine’s ruling political party. His furniture and personal items were still there as recently as May.

And Mr. Manafort’s presence remains elsewhere here in the capital, where government investigators examining secret records have found his name, as well as companies he sought business with, as they try to untangle a corrupt network they say was used to loot Ukrainian assets and influence elections during the administration of Mr. Manafort’s main client, former President Viktor F. Yanukovych.

Handwritten ledgers show $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments designated for Mr. Manafort from Mr. Yanukovych’s pro-Russian political party from 2007 to 2012, according to Ukraine’s newly formed National Anti-Corruption Bureau. Investigators assert that the disbursements were part of an illegal off-the-books system whose recipients also included election officials.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Re: Trump - Paul Manafort’s sketchy ties to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
TRUMP SLAMS ‘DISGUSTING AND CORRUPT’ NY TIMES: “THEIR REPORTING IS FICTION. THE MEDIA PROTECTS HILLARY!” - Times hit pieces just happen to mirror Hillary campaign talking points
http://www.infowars.com/trump-slams-disgusting-and-corrupt-ny-times-their-reporting-is-fiction-the-media-protects-hillary/

In several of Trumps recent rallies he has slammed the failing NYT for their continual lies!

Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 03:48:21 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/08/15/paul-manafort-new-york-times-report-unfounded-silly-nonsensical/

I HAVE SAID THIS MANY TIMES HERE BEFORE----THE NYT IS A MOUTHPIECE OF THE NWO SCUM.  YOU CAN THROW IN THE LA TIMES, THE WASHINGTON POST, ETC.  They anti-Real America and pro-NWO.

Paul Manafort: New York Times Report ‘Unfounded, Silly, and Nonsensical’----BUT PAPER OPENED UP 'CLINTON CASH' CAN OF WORMS

MANAFORT'S STATEMENT BELOW....

Once again The New York Times has chosen to purposefully ignore facts and professional journalism to fit their political agenda, choosing to attack my character and reputation rather than present an honest report.

The simplest answer is the truth: I am a campaign professional.  It is well known that I do work in the United States and have done work on overseas campaigns as well.  I have never received a single “off-the-books cash payment” as falsely “reported” by The New York Times, nor have I ever done work for the governments of Ukraine or Russia. Further, all of the political payments directed to me were for my entire political team: campaign staff (local and international), polling and research, election integrity and television advertising.  The suggestion that I accepted cash payments is unfounded, silly and nonsensical.

Video: For Michael Phelps, 28 medals should be enough

My work in Ukraine ceased following the country’s parliamentary elections in October 2014. In addition, as the article points out hesitantly, every government official interviewed states I have done nothing wrong, and there is no evidence of “cash payments” made to me by any official in Ukraine. However, the Times does fail to disclose the fact that the Clinton Foundation has taken (and may still take) payments in exchange for favors from Hillary Clinton while serving as Secretary of State. This is not discussed despite the overwhelming evidence in emails that Hillary Clinton attempted to cover up.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Online chris jones

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 04:46:23 PM »
The MSM, a different animal, not the word off the mountain.

PS: Crimea is and has been a part of Rusia...The Ukraine, why don't the UN / NATO allow a vote done by the citizens, overseen by a bipartisan committe. Breshnev family is from the Ukraine for muck sake, the same guy that brought down the Berlin wall during Ronalds R. reign.
      That  asside, Manafort has to defend whatever the real deal is, and I'm certain Tump will  make sure he does.