Hunter S. Thompson

Author Topic: Hunter S. Thompson  (Read 2454 times)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Hunter S. Thompson
« on: July 17, 2016, 12:57:42 PM »
Just to start it out:

Placeholder - I never covered this:

related: Occult-Part Two (Seven Degrees of Charlie Manson)   

Hell's Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs is a book
written by Hunter S. Thompson, first published in 1966 by Random House

Thompson - Hells Angels Interview

http://www2.lib.virginia.edu/exhibits/sixties/kesey.html
HUNTER S. Thompson introduced Kesey to a group of Hell's Angels in July 1965.

The Hell's Angels were as impressed with Kesey as he was with them, and in August Kesey hosted his first Acid Test with the Angels at his home in La Honda.

Thompson believed it would be a disastrous mix­ the Angels had never taken LSD, but after a night of wild revelry that approached insanity at times, the Hell's Angels rode away peacefully the following morning.

The Merry Pranksters and the Hell's Angels would participate in numerous events together over the next two years. Thompson continued his close association with a group of Angels to gather material for his book, but he parted company suddenly in September 1966 when several members, some of whom he considered friends, turned on him and nearly beat him to death

http://www.amazon.com/Hells-Angels-Strange-Terrible-Saga/dp/0345410084#_

http://www.whale.to/b/brussell1.html
From Monterey Pop to Altamont.  OPERATION CHAOS: The CIA's War Against the Sixties Counter-Culture
When the Hell’s Angels announced they were going to disrupt the Vietnam protest march in Berkeley, Ken Kesey and Allen Ginsberg invited the leaders down to Kesey’s mountain home and turned them on with LSD and the next day they were as meek as lambs, loved all sentient creatures, and rode in the march on Kesey’s Op-Art truck. That’s the connection.

http://www.justabovesunset.com/id599.html
Long after reading Thompson’s book, we spoke to Ralph “Sonny” Barger, who was the president of the Oakland branch of the Hell’s Angels while Thompson rode with them gathering material for his Sixties era best seller.  When Barger’s autobiography, Hell’s Angel ($14 William Morrow), was published, this columnist had read somewhere that there was still a bone of contention between Thompson and Barger, so we asked about it.  Barger considers Thompson one of America’s greatest living writers, who just happens to owe Barger and his pals a keg or two of beer and the debt is considered “active unpaid.”  (This was approximately 2001 when that interview took place.)

http://pdr.autono.net/SonnyBarger.html
Sonny Barger Interview
By Paul DeRienzo

Ralph "Sonny" Barger is one of he best known players in the drama of the 60s. Whether hanging out with his good friend Jerry Garcia of the Grateful Dead, allegedly holding Rolling Stone Keith Richards at gunpoint during the debacle at Altamont or taking on the anti-Vietnam war movement in Oakland, Barger and the Angels were witnesses to the 60s counterculture. Barger also fought the law, sometimes he lost and sometimes he won, like his victory over the federal government in their famous but failed racketeering prosecution against Barger and the Angels.

BARGER–When I got out of the army in ’56, in the San Francisco area, I lived in Oakland, I had the choice of becoming a beatnik or a motorcycle rider. I fortunately chose motorcycles. Had I become a beatnik, they sort of faded out into the hippies and the hippies sort of faded out, so I probably wouldn’t have been anything. I don’t know, that’s a question there’s no real answer to, you can only surmise.
DeRienzo–You took LSD in your youth, do you still take it?

BARGER –I took a lot of LSD and I wasn’t really young, I was in my 30s. I never really liked pot; I never liked whites, which they took before speed. I never liked speed because the smallest amount of speed in the world would keep me up for three days. But I found LSD, I liked LSD and I took it until I didn’t want it any more. I took cocaine until I woke up doing life in prison.
DeRienzo–Did the Angel’s have anything to do with breaking Timothy Leary from prison?

BARGER –Absolutely not. Timothy Leary’s group did that. I ended up with Timothy Leary in Folsom prison and Timmy thought it was a really big joke till he ended up in Folsom prison.
He knew that he was in the wrong place. He said wait a minute I’ll tell you everything you want to know and he started informing on everyone who helped him break out.

Mao was a Yale Man - A Yali and Skull and Bones

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,3604,331676,00.html
Still on the road -  14 June 2000

Sonny Barger - He is on a 20-city tour to promote his book and this has brought him to a theatre in Venice, where his host for the night is a local actor, one Dennis Hopper.
Dennis Hopper: "This is one of the greatest honours I've ever been asked to do," says the man whose role in Easy Rider in 1969 defined a different kind of rebellion on wheels. "Sonny Barger is a hero of mine. He is a man who stood for his inner pride." And he bear-hugs the guest of honour.
If it was Altamont that defined the Hell's Angels for many in the world, it was Hunter S Thompson who first documented their lifestyle in detail in his book, Hell's Angels: A Strange and Terrible Saga. Barger claims that Thompson deliberately provoked a fight at the end of his year on the road with the Angels so that he could claim they had nearly killed him. They fell out after the book's publication in 1967, although Barger tells me he still thinks Thompson is "one of the great writers".

"He's all show and no go," writes Barger in the book. "I ended up not liking him at all, a tall, skinny, typical hillbilly from Kentucky." Thompson, you might think quite nobly, got his beating because he remonstrated with another Hell's Angel, Junkie George, who had slapped his "old lady" and kicked a dog. Thompson told him "only punks slap their old ladies and kick their dogs", which was enough to ensure that he then qualified for a slapping himself.
Drugs were embraced warmly by the Hell's Angels and California's early illegal backroom chemists used members to test their drugs because they always agreed to try anything. Sonny - or Chief, as his men called him - was particularly partial to LSD, which he places on the same pedestal as the Harley-Davidson motorcycle. His current model is a Road King 2000, and he has put 11,800 miles on the clock since he bought it in March. His mileage rate is down because of the constraints of the book tour.

Hell's Angel: The Life and Times of Sonny Barger and the Hell's Angels Motorcycle Club will be published by Fourth Estate on August 3, price £14.99.

Just a couple of Clips. The first one is a not too happy Hell’s Angel letting Hunter know he’s not happy. The second is audio footage of Hunter and Allen Ginsberg being harassed by the fuzz.   

text: http://99chan.org/lit/src/Thompson_Hunter_S_-_The_Hippies.pdf
JR sent this find my way. It’s a old, rare book and a must have for any HST fan.

1968 Collier’s Encyclopedia Yearbook (covering the year 1967)”. Included among the vast array of articles is “The Hippies” by Hunter S. Thompson. Up until a few months ago, I had never even heard of this, it’s not listed in too many places, a very obscure article by the Doc.

As far as I know this is the only place this story has been published. This is a hard to find book…

Hunter’s article covers 7 pages, with some photos of various freaks & hippies. It’s pretty much straight out journalism, he writes to inform the reader all kinds of aspects of hippies, drugs, habits, prices of pot, perceptions, background, Haight-Ashbury. Hunter covers a little bit about him writing his first book, Hell’s Angels & Ken Kesey. In the “Special articles of the year 1967″ section there is a photo of Hunter, the Hell’s Angels book is listed with a short blurb in “Books of the Year”. All around strong content & an interesting book for hardcore & serious Doc fans”

http://hightimes.com/entertainment/mhiggins/970
THE GONZO KING An interview with Hunter S. Thompson by Matt Higgins Tue, Sep 02, 2003 12:00
As someone who’s reputed to have tried every drug out there, is there one that’s your favorite?

I would say that acid is still walking with the King. After all these years, it’s almost always pleasant. I would say acid is my favorite. I don’t do it that often. You might want to be careful with it. But it is the real thing. Now I’m talking LSD-25, not what you might buy on some market today. Real LSD-25 is the king of drugs. I use it. I don’t necessarily recommend it. I don’t recommend anything that I do.

http://babylonfalling.tumblr.com/warren_hinckle_interview_pg1

Who Killed Hunter Thompson

Warren Hinckle - Hunter S. Thompson’s name first appears on the Ramparts masthead, November 1967.

But he was a friend of yours during that time period in the late ‘60s at Ramparts?

Oh yeah. I never knew him before. He just walked into the office one night. He walks in my office says, “Yeah, I’m Hunter Thompson.” This is after the Hell’s Angels book, and I’d read it and it was terrific. So anyway, we had a couple of drinks; I know we walked up the street. This is when the Ramparts offices were on Broadway at the very end at the top of the strip. So we went up the street to have dinner and came back.

I had a monkey at the time—named Henry Luce to piss off the guy at Time magazine, which did get him pissed off. (Luce found a reporter and asked him if it was true those people up there have a monkey called by my name? It made me happy.) Anyway, we get back (Hunter had thrown his knapsack on the couch in my office) and I hadn’t locked the [monkey’s] cage or something like that.

The monkey had gotten out and gotten into Hunter’s knapsack. And it had a whole bunch, a lot of bottles of pills in there, and they were all over the floor but they were all empty. The monkey must have gobbled them all, well obviously he did, and he was berserk. He was just running.

It was an old government building where they did scientific research (I’m sure poison gas), and they had these government-type windows on the side, and in the whole center of the space were these partitions, half wood and half glass you can’t see through.

The monkey was running around the top of that thing and it had its leash on—the leash was flying! And it just turned into a completely vicious bastard. It was a sweet monkey before. It was up there for a day or so. No one was going to touch the goddamn thing; it wouldn’t stop running. And Hunter just sat there and said, “Goddamned monkey stole my pills.” It did steal his pills. I said, “f**k you why didn’t you lock your knapsack?”

“Why should I lock my knapsack? You should have security around here.”

“Not from the monkey.” 

AJ -  GLOBALIST TAKEOVER New World Order OBAMA DICTATORSHIP: Controlled By UN & NATO

Published on Dec 3, 2012
ALEX JONES Rant: GLOBALIST TAKEOVER New World Order OBAMA DICTATORSHIP: Controlled By UN & NATO

Obama and his banker controllers are taking the power of the purse away from congress. And this is only part of a larger occupation.

Hunter Thompson - American I'm channeling now - OK?

Just to reprise the post - (AP - not to redistribute now@ took a while to find non ap)

http://kentuckyguard.wordpress.com/2012/08/31/kentucky-guardsmen-deploy-to-the-horn-of-africa/
Kentucky Guardsmen deploy to the Horn of Africa
August 31, 2012

FRANKFORT, Ky. – The Kentucky National Guard honored approximately 565 Soldiers of the 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery, during a departure ceremony at the Frankfort Convention Center in Frankfort, Ky., Aug. 31, 2012.

Hundreds of Family members and friends gathered with the Kentucky National Guard command staff to provide a fitting farewell as the unit departed for the Horn of Africa for a scheduled nine-month deployment.
Kentucky’s Adjutant General, Maj. Gen. Edward W. Tonini and Secretary of State, Alison Lundergan Grimes were on hand to greet Family members and speak to the troops, who will be known as Task Force Long Rifle.  Tonini reminded them all of the importance of serving their country and the Commonwealth.

“You are serving in the highest level of Kentucky military tradition,” he said.  “You are living examples of our Unbridled Service.  This mission is about giving comfort, aide and stability to a community of people.”

Soldiers from the 2nd Battalion, 138th Field Artillery stand at ease during rolecall before the farewell ceremony held at the Frankfort Convention Center in Frankfort, Ky., Aug. 31, 2012. Approximately 565 Guardsmen will deploy to the Horn of Africa for nine months to help promote regional security and to protect U.S. and Coalition interests in the region. (Kentucky National Guard photo by Sgt. David Bolton)

“This is what we Guardsmen do day in and day out.”

The mission of the 2/138th will be to promote regional security and stability while strengthening local national relationships, as well as to protect U.S. and Coalition interests in East Africa.
“We’re 110 percent ready,” said Command Sgt. Maj. Timothy Gividen, Task Force Long Rifle Command Sergeant Major.  “I am really proud of these Soldiers, they’ve trained really hard. I know we are ready to get there, come back and stand proud for a job well-done.”

Hunter Thompson - American

http://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/17uiiq/super_bowl_power_outage_a_dryrun_for_something/

"The towers are gone now, reduced to bloody rubble, along with all hopes for Peace in Our Time, in the United States or any other country. Make no mistake about it: We are at War now-with somebody-and we will stay at War with that mysterious Enemy for the rest of our lives." - Hunter S. Thompson

http://www.nola.com/superbowl/index.ssf/2013/02/super_bowl_2013_fans_officials.html
Officials blame Super Bowl 2013 blackout on 'abnormality' in system

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=207205.msg1240562#msg1240562
Apple, Steve Jobs, and US Foreign Policy (CFR) using Nazi Concentration Camps

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=149993.0
Gore is the heir to the Arm and Hammer Fortune [Shhhhhh don't tell anyone]

http://hstbooks.org/2008/08/13/hunter-s-thompson-rolling-stone-tributes-in-issues-970-and-1036/

Hunter S. Thompson Rolling Stone Tributes In Issues 970 And 1036

Hunter’s first contribution to the magazine was in 1970 with the article Freak Power In The Rockies, The Battle OF Aspen. This was to be the beginning of a long relationship between Jann Wenner, Rolling Stone and the good Doctor. Later the next year in issues 95 and 96 the articles Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas appeared.

Yes - Finders - Family connections see:

How is this possible unless the Frankin Coverup and Finders are still in effect

The thought is that behind the "stage" of the mock sacrifice, there is a real sacrifice of a child.
This sacrifice might also be filmed to be preserved as "blackmail" for silence and for their later "enjoyment" ...

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread145244/pg1
Also, some believe that Hunter S Thompson killed himself over guilt over what supposedly happened at Bohemian Grove. There's news about a photographer who supposedly took pictures at these sex parties that coincides with the Thompson suicide.

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/goschgannohuntertrublingtale05apr05.shtml
Johnny Gosch, Jeff Gannon, Hunter Thompson and the  Unraveling of a Troubling Tale
In the past few months there's been a flurry of activity among the people once related to his case and the conspiracy that surrounds it. And in the midst of this commotion, some believe Johnny Gosch has been found very much alive.

Recent events began with Jeff Gannon, the right-wing journalist who was found to have gained access to the White House press pool with few credentials and a fake name.

The death of Hunter S. Thompson followed shortly after. The arrest of two men, seemingly unrelated, in Nebraska and Virginia within days of the Gannon story and Thompson's death also play a role in the story.

And all these events, some suggest, are related to the 12-year-old paperboy kidnapped from West Des Moines 23 years ago. And if they are right, there is much more to come...

Hunter and snuff films
The Gannon/Gosch connection was first made public early in the morning on Feb. 20. Later that same day, Hunter S. Thompson was found dead in his home, the victim of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot.

Few people would ever have thought to connect Thompson and Gosch, but those familiar with the tales of child abuse and pedophilia documented in "The Franklin Cover-Up," a book first released in 1994 by former Neb. State Sen. John DeCamp, understand the association.
 The young boy, Bonacci claims in this book, was also forced to have sex with adult males, who then killed the boy with a gunshot to the head. Bonacci says he was then forced to have sex with the corpse.

The passenger they took on in Nevada filmed the entire thing, and Bonacci recalled that his name was Hunter Thompson.

"I think it's kind of strange that Hunter Thompson would commit suicide at this time," says Gunderson. "Several kids told us that he directed snuff films. I think it's a strong possibility that he was murdered and I strongly suspect that it's all connected."

The snuff film that Thompson allegedly made with Paul Bonacci is believed, based on Bonacci's description of the surroundings, to have been filmed at Bohemian Grove, a summer camp of sorts for the rich and powerful.

Bohemian Grove is a secluded area outside Sacramento, Calif., where world leaders and dignitaries meet annually for a retreat that involves neo-pagan activities, including mock human sacrifices made before a large Owl statue referred to as "Moloch." While conducting this ritual, which they call "The Cremation of Care," participants are dressed in druid robes and chant and sing before Moloch.

Information on these gatherings has been well known for some time, though video footage has only recently been leaked out of the site. The site is very secure and access is available only to a handful of people worldwide. As a child, Bonacci could never have had access to the site, but he described it accurately, including the large owl statue.

Noreen Gosch says that on one recent evening her Web site, www.johnnygosch.com, had more than 50 hits that came from within a 10-mile radius of Bohemian Grove.

http://www.tomflocco.com/fs/PhotographerTied.htm
Photographer for White House child sex ring arrested after Thompson suicide
by Tom Flocco
Hunter Thompson’s death and the news blackout of Rusty Nelson’s simultaneous arrest raise questions that someone may be attempting to limit Nelson’s freedom or threaten him, since according to testimony, both men had allegedly witnessed homosexual prostitution and pedophile criminal acts in a suppressed but far-reaching child sex-ring probe closely linked to Senate and House members--but also former President George H. W. Bush. [In U.S. District Court testimony, Rusty Nelson told Judge Warren Urbom he took 20,000 to 30,000 pictures, 2-5-1999, p.52]

http://www.tomflocco.com/fs/Witness2030Pedophile.htm
Witness says abducted children--23 now dead--abused by 20-30 pedophile members of congress at child sex parties held at Embassy Row mansion where Secret Service-secured presidential limo was seen parked outside
By Tom Flocco

Lincoln, NE -- March 28, 2005 -- TomFlocco.com -- Recently arrested photographer Russell E. "Rusty" Nelson--who according to U.S. District court testimony [2-5-1999] was impersonated by another photographer at Capitol Hill child sex parties during the Reagan and Bush presidencies, told us last week that in 1988 he refused Hunter Thompson’s offer of $100,000 to film a graphic child sex "snuff movie to be sold to wealthy private clients where a young boy would be murdered as a sacrifice."
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
Re: Hunter S. Thompson
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 01:08:44 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvpPosKe-I0
Hunter S. Thompson says Jimmy Carter is ruthless, 1977: CBC Archives

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laamYjSwcHI
Hunter S. Thompson Omnibus 1978

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfoLKB0VZqg
Hunter S. Thompson on Letterman, 11/25/88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGd6anq2GQ
Hunter S Thompson - Letterman (1997)
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 01:29:51 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Xa7govSKM4
Hunter S. Thompson Hung Out with Illuminati Inside Bohemian Grove in the 1980s?
Published on Dec 1, 2014

Hunter S. Thompson Hung Out with Illuminati Inside the Bohemian Grove in the 1980s?
*SUBSCRIBE* for more great videos! Click "Like" "Favorite" and sound off in the comments.

Mark Dice is a media analyst, author, and political activist who, in an entertaining and educational way, gets people to question our celebrity obsessed culture and the role the mainstream media and elite secret societies play in shaping our lives.

Mark's YouTube channel has received over 90 million views and his viral videos have been mentioned the Fox News Channel, CNN, the Drudge Report, TMZ, the New York Daily News, the Washington Times, and other media outlets around the world.

He has been featured on the History Channel's Decoded and America's Book of Secrets, Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura, Secret Societies of Hollywood on E! Channel, America Declassified on the Travel Channel, and is a frequent guest on Coast to Coast AM, The Alex Jones Show, and more.

Mark Dice is the author of several popular books on secret societies and conspiracies, including The Illuminati: Facts & Fiction, Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True, The New World Order, Facts & Fiction, Inside the Illuminati, The Resistance Manifesto, and Illuminati in the Music Industry, which are all available in paperback on Amazon.com or e-book on Kindle, iBooks, Nook or Google Play.

While much of Mark's work confirms the existence and continued operation of the Illuminati today, he is also dedicated to debunking conspiracy theories and hoaxes and separating the facts from the fiction; hence the "Facts & Fiction" subtitle for several of his books. He has a bachelor's degree in communication from California State University.

He enjoys causing trouble for the New World Order, exposing corrupt scumbag politicians, and pointing out Big Brother's prying eyes. The term "fighting the New World Order" is used by Mark to describe some of his activities, and refers to his and others' resistance and opposition (The Resistance) to the overall system of political corruption, illegal wars, elite secret societies, mainstream media, Big Brother and privacy issues; as well as various economic and social issues. This Resistance involves self-improvement, self-sufficiency, personal responsibility and spiritual growth.

Be sure to subscribe to Mark's YouTube channel, checkout some of the previous videos and Playlists, and look him up on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
http://www.YouTube.com/MarkDice
http://www.Facebook.com/MarkDice
http://www.Twitter.com/MarkDice
http://Instagram.com/MarkDice
http://www.MarkDice.com

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2016, 01:38:50 PM »
http://www.thompsonmurder.com/
Hunter S. Thompson  Murder So called "Suicide"

The Gonzo Journalist is not Gone from Justice
Hunting Hunter's Killer(s)

The night before his death, Hunter told a friend:
"They're gonna make it look like suicide"
 "I know how those bastards think."

Wouldn't such a loving husband and famous writer at least write a suicide note

Thompson died at his self-described "fortified compound" known as "Owl Farm" in Woody Creek, Colorado, at 5:42 p.m. on February 20, 2005, from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:46:46 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UKBQgR97R8
Hunter S. Thompson Interviews Keith Richards - 1993

Gonzo journalist, Hunter S. Thompson, has an opportunity to interview Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards. First he must track Keith down. Their conversations are utterly and predictably incomprehensible. Extremely amusing nonetheless!
 Timo Kirchler
if you can understand all of this you're either a genius or clinically insane

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 12:30:06 PM »
Bump - Charlie is DEAD ...

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 02:31:16 PM »
a great photo ///