Healthcare CEO Told Nurses to Fatally Overdose Patients to Increase Profit

Author Topic: Healthcare CEO Told Nurses to Fatally Overdose Patients to Increase Profit  (Read 2629 times)

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
Healthcare CEO Told Nurses to Fatally Overdose Patients to Increase Profit 

April 1, 2016
 The Anti-Media
By Josh Mur

After an ongoing FBI investigation revealed incriminating information, Brad Harris, CEO of Novus Health Care Services, is being accused of ordering nurses to hasten the deaths of patients.

Novus Health Care Service is a company based in Frisco, Texas that provides in-house care for terminally ill and elderly patients. The company’s website indicates clearly that Novus prides itself on the quality of care and “improved patient outcomes” as a result of the services its employees provide. However, an affidavit released by the FBI suggests Brad Harris has failed to comply with the principles of his own company.

The investigation began in 2014, when Novus was facing allegations of offering services to patients who did not apply for them. Novus was also accused of collecting funds for “unnecessary” services and procedures. During the investigation, Harris’ underlying scheme was discovered. Text messages the CEO sent to employees revealed he regularly instructed nurses to overdose patients with medication, often morphine, to hasten people’s deaths.

“You need to make this patient go bye-bye,” read one text from the executive. “Find patients who would die within 24 hours,” Harris reportedly told other healthcare executives, according to the FBI’s affidavit.

The FBI alleges Harris “instructed a nurse to administer overdoses to three patients and directed another employee to increase a patient’s medication to four-times the maximum allowed.” Both the nurse and the other employee refused to carry out the orders.

Harris’ text messages and conversations with other executives do not reflect the language or attitude an average medical patient might want or expect from the company providing their care. But what could inspire such a cynical and negligent approach to his vision of “improving patient outcomes?”

Simply put: profit. Like other care providers, Novus is subject to an “aggregator cap,” which prevents companies from earning higher revenues from hospice stays. In other words, prolonged treatment and care do not necessarily mean a larger check for hospice providers. In fact, with payments through Medicare and Medicaid, providers can actually be forced to pay back a portion of their fee if a patient lives too long.

Currently, no charges have been filed against Harris or his company. The FBI declined to comment on the investigation.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/healthcare-ceo-told-nurses-to-fatally-overdose-patients-to-increase-profit_042016
Be Prepared

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
“You need to make this patient go bye-bye,” read one text from the executive. “Find patients who would die within 24 hours,” Harris reportedly told other healthcare executives, according to the FBI’s affidavit.

"Find patients who would die within 24 hours."  Seriously?  I only wish I were a juror for this trial.  It use to be that these people had no bedside manner, now they have deathbed manners.  Disgusting inhumane way to supposedly care for people.  They treat animals better.   >:( :(

Bill Gates would be proud of these evil people--truly disgusting.
Please visit my website: https://www.theherbsofthefield.com/

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
I'm still wondering how big his CEO bonus is every year and
how many people died due to his demands they die all for the
bottom line to make the numbers (his bonus numbers) look good
so he could cash in on it via his big CEO bonus... 
Be Prepared

Offline donnay

I believe this is a wide spread problem.  I also believed this happened to my father and they were set to do it to my mother and I physically removed her from the facility she was in--that was over three years ago, and she is alive today.  Thank God.

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
donnay, sorry to hear about your Father, but I am so glad
your Mother is safe!   Years ago, back in the very late 90's
it came out that hospice nurses were over-dosing people
for compassion reasons, to put them out of their misery and
"helping them along their way".   I never agreed with that,
convalescent hospitals were doing the same thing.

It's very well known, if anyone has a loved one in a long term
nursing facility, visit them often, like 3-4 times a week.  The staff
then knows not to fool around with them, as the family and loved ones
will know.   When family visits often, it keeps them
(the long term care facility) on their toes.

Be Prepared

Offline donnay

donnay, sorry to hear about your Father, but I am so glad
your Mother is safe!   Years ago, back in the very late 90's
it came out that hospice nurses were over-dosing people
for compassion reasons, to put them out of their misery and
"helping them along their way".   I never agreed with that,
convalescent hospitals were doing the same thing.

It's very well known, if anyone has a loved one in a long term
nursing facility, visit them often, like 3-4 times a week.  The staff
then knows not to fool around with them, as the family and loved ones
will know.   When family visits often, it keeps them
(the long term care facility) on their toes.

Thanks Windy.  I saw this in the 90's too when my grandfather was given hospice, which he didn't need at the time, then two days later he was gone--they said from natural causes.

Euthanasia is alive and well this country--no doubt in my mind.