CHRISTIANS FIGHT BACK

Author Topic: CHRISTIANS FIGHT BACK  (Read 1786 times)

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
CHRISTIANS FIGHT BACK
« on: February 12, 2016, 05:22:23 PM »
... South Carolina next week ... then six more
Southern States on 3/1 ... and all have a plurality
if not a solid majority of white CHRISTIAN voters ...
and they are FED UP!

"... And their clout is at its peak right now."

FEBRUARY 12, 2016 3:27 PM
Christian conservatives pivotal in the South, and feeling under siege
David Goldstein and Kevin Liles

*   Same-sex marriage and abortion stoke anxiety

*   Even saying ‘Merry Christmas’ is out

*   Frustration with GOP’s unfulfilled promises

11 ROBERTA, GA.
Inside the Sunshine Coin Laundry near the Piggly Wiggly supermarket, Lagretta Ellington removed her family’s clothes from one of the large dryers and began to neatly fold them on a nearby table.

The air was moist and smelled of detergent. The floor was concrete. Her views of the presidential race were anything but. She was unsettled, and distrustful. The candidates just seemed like entertainers.

“I’m going to pray on it,” the 48-year-old Ellington said. “Hopefully, God will lead me in the right direction.”

In the South, now the pivotal battlefield of the 2016 presidential campaign, faith and politics walk the aisle together. And while Christians have always dominated American politics – Bernie Sanders this week became the first non-Christian ever to win a presidential primary in U.S. history – conservative Christians feel under siege.

Marriage is being redefined, and they’re being forced to go along. A new health care law mandates free contraception, even if it violates their core beliefs. Even the greeting “Merry Christmas” feels under assault.

Their anxiety and anger help explain the rise of Republican outsider candidates such as Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas (“Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander in chief”) and even billionaire Donald Trump (“If I'm president, you're going to see ‘Merry Christmas’ in department stores, believe me”), perhaps the unlikeliest of vessels for such support.

In South Carolina, white evangelicals account for 51 percent of the likely Republican vote in the coming GOP primary. Six more Southern states, including Georgia, will vote on “Super Tuesday” March 1. Nearly 600 of the delegates chosen the first week of March will come from states where white evangelical Christians are a majority of the electorate ...

"
You can criticize any Christian and not get into trouble.
But you try to criticize any other sect or group,
that’s politically incorrect.”

Morgan said he was insulted when, after the Supreme Court struck down bans on same-sex marriage across the country, the White House became bathed in the rainbow-colored lights that represent the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender communities.

“I’m trying to be a Christian and live by Christian values,” he said. “I felt like it was a smack in the face.”

√  CONTINUE:  http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article60064956.html
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
Re: CHRISTIANS FIGHT BACK
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 06:31:29 PM »

Christians in Kansas Fight Back When
Atheists Remove God Bless America Sign

BY JEANNIE LAW , CHRISTIAN POST REPORTER
February 4, 2016|9:30 am

Well known atheist organization, Freedom from Religion Foundation (FFRF), targeted a small midwestern post office in Pittsburg, Kansas, but it couldn't imagine that the removal of one "God Bless America" poster would incite the posting of some 1500 similar signs. 

Local newspaper The Morning Sun first reported the incident in late January and just days later Jake's Fireworks, a retail store located in the area, responded by printing 1,200 "God Bless America" yard signs and 300 similar banners, 1500 in total.  Within 45 mins, residents snatched up all 1500 signs.

"Obviously, we're among the majority that didn't agree with the decision to take the sign down (at the post office)," Jason Marietta, the store director, told the Sun.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/atheist-christians-kansas-god-bless-america-sign-156688/

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 08:13:11 PM »
?

"In South Carolina, faith matters. It is not some small
quirk of the electorate. It’s a big deal. And Donald
Trump’s overtures toward seeming to be a faithful,
Bible-reading, God-fearing man aren’t selling."

Donald Trump’s God Problem
By: Caleb Howe  |  February 12th, 2016

Donald Trump has a problem with God. Or more specifically, he has a ‘God problem.’ At least when it comes to voters in South Carolina, for whom Christian faith is often a requirement in a public official. This is simply the reality of the state, not a judgment on religion.

But Donald Trump is not credible when it comes to God. At least, not to folks who take the subject seriously, like they do in the First in the South state. And it already shows.

Last night, I attended an event for Senator Ted Cruz in Fort Mill, South Carolina. The rally was in a large church building, and was packed with people. The crowd was more than enthusiastic, and Rep. Steve King, special guest Glenn Beck, and of course Senator Cruz all included religious themes in their remarks. The crowd most definitely approved.

The event was jam-packed and the atmosphere was excited. The crowd broke into cheers and applause many times, and there were plenty of “testify” moments as members of the audience shouted back to Sen. Cruz, shouted out slams on Trump, or just plain whooped and hollered.

One thing that came up several times was Donald Trump’s authenticity on the subject, with both King and Beck specifically mentioning the Donald’s lack of credibility, even saying the idea that he had ever “cracked open” a Bible was “bullcrap.”

√  CONTINUE: http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/02/12/donald-trumps-god-problem/

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2016, 08:14:42 PM »
Good!!  God Bless them.
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 01:18:53 PM »
"History is the teacher of life" ( Roman philosopher Cicero ).

On this day in 1876. Montenegro and Serbia concluded a military alliance, "which is the objective in general - freedom for Christians, a closer and more immediate goal are freeing of Serbs in Turkey."

6/16 was Armed Forces Day of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia / Serbia and Montenegro (1992-2005)

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 04:35:32 PM »

Christians founded America.  They are good people.  They made this great Country --  one that people wanted to come to (at one time).  But, there are many generations now that don't even know what America is, or was.  America hasn't been America for at least 50 years.
To me, it seems we're a 5th world country.  Third World is nice, compared.

I've never seen such deterioration, filth and trash.  Younger people are looking horrible in their black and gray, greasy hair and unbathed "look."  Know what it reminds me of?  The odd look of Russians when we were able to see them, on the media, in pictures or whatever.  During their communistic occupation, everyone looked like they lived on the street and barely surviving.  The odd thing about communist Russia was that they all wore black and looked like thugs & hoods.  Now it's here, right down to the "stink" being a good thing.

More Christians fighting back is what we need.

love, e

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2017, 05:34:05 PM »
Christians founded America.  They are good people.  They made this great Country --  one that people wanted to come to (at one time).  But, there are many generations now that don't even know what America is, or was.  America hasn't been America for at least 50 years.
To me, it seems we're a 5th world country.  Third World is nice, compared.

I've never seen such deterioration, filth and trash.  Younger people are looking horrible in their black and gray, greasy hair and unbathed "look."  Know what it reminds me of?  The odd look of Russians when we were able to see them, on the media, in pictures or whatever.  During their communistic occupation, everyone looked like they lived on the street and barely surviving.  The odd thing about communist Russia was that they all wore black and looked like thugs & hoods.  Now it's here, right down to the "stink" being a good thing.

More Christians fighting back is what we need.

love, e

Egyptian, some say that you are Adventist.
You probably know that I'm in the Christian Orthodox Church. Serbs do not like Adventists, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims (especially when you are expecting terrorist attacks ISIS in Serbia), Mormons, Scientology .... but your post is honest.

I live in Belgrade, Serbia. Where you live in the US? If you want and artifacts if you will not have to. You love your country and see how it really looks. As the former Soviet Union.

Again, even if you are Adventist, you honest and honorable.
By the way, to praise, and I lived as a child under communist rule. In Yugoslavia. Probably because I never accepted Yugoslavia as my country. My heart beats only for Serbia (including Kosovo).

I sent a post to this topic because I believe that "Christians can fight back" Islamic terrorists and extremists.
Goodnight. Tomorrow should be to go to work.

P. S: Next Door, by my living Adventists. Mother and son.

P.P.S. More Christians fighting back is what we need. Exactly.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2017, 05:49:12 PM »
^^^

... when 'push comes to shove' we Christians
tend to come together. Yes, there are 'hot spots'
that have flared up in 'religious violence' from time
to time ... but we have Jesus in common, and we
must REMEMBER that as we move forward in
decades to come. This one may be the big one.
 :(

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2017, 06:10:06 PM »
^^^

... when 'push comes to shove' we Christians
tend to come together. Yes, there are 'hot spots'
that have flared up in 'religious violence' from time
to time ... but we have Jesus in common, and we
must REMEMBER that as we move forward in
decades to come. This one may be the big one.
 :(

You are right. You understand me better than my compatriots. :(
Forum is for such thing. Let`s talk. No kind of talking talks behind which people hide behind quotations from the Bible (often out of context).
The dialog. Jackson, as you have written, "we have Jesus in common".   :)