UNHOLYWOOD

Author Topic: UNHOLYWOOD  (Read 3688 times)

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
UNHOLYWOOD
« on: January 10, 2016, 01:34:22 PM »
... where do we begin?
OK ... Quentin (gag) Tarantino:

Blowhard Box Office Blowback:
‘Hateful Eight,’ ‘Joy’ Underperform

by JOHN NOLTE  9 Jan 2016

There is a not-so unexpected disturbance in the box office force, and it has nothing to do with the public’s desire to go to the movies. Not only has “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” broken dozens of box office records this winter, the net-effect has not buried other titles under a tidal wave. The “Star Wars” tide is lifting all boats, except for Quentin Tarantino’s “The Hateful Eight” and Jennifer Lawrence’s “Joy.” Both are under-performing in a big way.

Quentin Tarantino’s previous film, “Django Unchained,” is a violent, R-rated Western released over Christmas. It would go on to earn $163 million in North America. After two weekends in wide release, “Django” sat at a healthy $106 million. However…

After two weekends in wide release, by Monday morning, “The Hateful Eight,” a violent, R-rated Western released over Christmas, will sit at a paltry $42 million — not even half of “Django’s” haul after the same period of time. Not to put too fine a point on it, but after two weekends in release in 2009, Tarantino’s “Inglorious Basterds” had racked up $73 million.

Gee, I wonder what flipped everything on its head?

Could it be that sucking up to Black Lives Matter by publicly lying about, smearing, and defaming America’s first responders in the form of law enforcement, is not the savvy marketing ploy the Bubble Dumb in Hollywood believed it might be?

Hey, and maybe, and I’m just throwing this out there, it’s not such a good idea to have your star out there trashing American Veterans?

What about trashing American Christians and exposing yourself as a spoiled, nasty, entitled Diva as opposed to the relatable every-girl that made you a star? Let’s see how that worked out for anti-Christian bigot Jennifer Lawrence.

In its third weekend of wide release, “Joy”  (which is a terrific movie), after a $4.7 million take this weekend, will sit at just $47 million.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2016/01/09/blowhard-box-office-blowback-hateful-eight-joy-underperform/
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
Re: UNHOLYWOOD
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 07:49:23 AM »
... the Great Black Oscar Snub:

Does anybody give a  _ _ _ _ about his stupid story?

Oscar voters offer theories on Straight Outta Compton best picture snub
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/18/oscars-straight-outta-compton-snub

Could Chris Rock drop out as Oscars host over increasing calls to boycott Academy Awards?
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/chris-rock-drop-oscars-host-article-1.2500532

The Fresh Prince of Bel Air's Janet Hubert Slams Jada Pinkett-Smith for Calling an Oscars Boycott
http://www.eonline.com/news/732196/the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-s-janet-hubert-slams-jada-pinkett-smith-for-calling-an-oscars-boycott

‘Boyz n the Hood’ Director John Singleton Not ‘Worried’ About
White Oscars: ‘There’s Only So Many Slots’

https://variety.com/2016/film/news/john-singleton-oscar-diversity-reaction-1201682288/

Michael Moore ‘Happy to Join’ Oscars Boycott
http://www.thewrap.com/michael-moore-happy-to-join-oscars-boycott-exclusive/

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 10:47:56 PM »
^^^

"I Implore you, President Isaacs and the honorable
members of the Board of Governors, to reconsider.
If you do not, I assure you, Spike Lee will not be the
only person boycotting the Academy Awards this year."

Charlton Heston's Son, an Oscar Voter,
Criticizes "Orwellian" Diversity Changes

by Paul Bond   1/29/2016

"This move was ill-advised, ill-considered,
possibly illegal, and in essence just all kinds
of wrong," Fraser Heston states.

Fraser Heston has responded to an email from the Academy with a rebuke that invokes father Charlton Heston's presidency of the Screen Actors Guild and his marching with Dr. Martin Luther King.

"I cannot begin to tell you with what consternation I received this missive. But I will try," Heston writes in a letter to Academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs and the Board of Governors.

The "missive" Heston refers to is an email sent to Academy members informing them that, in an effort to diversify its ranks, the voting status of members will be revoked if they are not "active in motion pictures" during a decade.

The Academy's move is a response to criticism that, for a second straight year, all white actors were nominated in the four acting categories. While some praised the Academy's new rules, others accuse it of presuming that its older, white members are taking skin color into account when voting.

Fraser Heston, a voting member of the Directors Branch of the Academy, says the term "inactive" is "disturbingly Orwellian," according to his letter, obtained by The Hollywood Reporter.

"I am proud to say that my father led the Arts Contingent for Dr. Martin Luther King during the March on Washington in 1963," Fraser Heston writes. "As three-term president of the Screen Actors Guild he worked tirelessly for the rights of minority actors, at a time when it was not popular to do so."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/charlton-hestons-son-an-oscar-860471

Offline Geniocrat

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 12:35:58 PM »
Maybe America is just fed up with thug and gang movies.... That and all the old racism and slavery films are getting a bit dated.

How about a movie about a black scientist ?   Or a black man that actually keeps his family off drugs and sends his kids to college.

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 12:53:18 PM »
^^^

... HIP-HOPWOOD?

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 01:22:59 PM »
Maybe America is just fed up with thug and gang movies.... That and all the old racism and slavery films are getting a bit dated.

How about a movie about a black scientist ?   Or a black man that actually keeps his family off drugs and sends his kids to college.
answering as a movie producer would...  How about a movie about a black scientist ?   Or a black man that actually keeps his family off drugs and sends his kids to college  "WHERES THE MONEY IN THAT."
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 02:29:47 PM »

"Angelina, nice work. In CFR are delighted with you. Richard, I am sorry for death of xour good friend R. Holbrook.

Offline Al Bundy

Online Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 11:39:57 AM »
^^^^

... somebody must have said to this young guy:

"Keep it up boy, and you will never
work in this town again!"

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 11:45:54 AM »
^^^^

... somebody must have said to this young guy:

"Keep it up boy, and you will never
work in this town again!"

Good one  ;D
But if you are actor or actress and will begin to "ask questions" you definitely will not be on stage in Hollywood. Remember Mel Gibson.