Finally a first major victory by EU gun owners against the Eu Commission. Most anti-gun proposals THROWN OUT!http://firearms-united.com/2016/05/10/eugunban-finally-victory-libe/
"- Deactivated firearms are going to stay license free
- Collectors are excluded from directive
- Proposal to register magazines was thrown out
- Additional extortion tax for firearms and ammo proposed by socialists was thrown out
- Magazines are not essential parts
- No need to put serial numbers on bullets
- States can still sell surplus weapons to civilians
- Persons under 18 can still shoot/possess firearms under parental/license-holder supervision
- No mandatory medical testing
- Silencers are not essential parts
- Permits wont be fixed length
- Nothing is banned or moved to category A.
- Member states can define whatever they think is safe storage
- There is going to be joint database on firearms.
(of course, this was only the first battle in EU Parliament)""