Kosovo independence - a matter of Western oil interests, not democracy

Author Topic: Kosovo independence - a matter of Western oil interests, not democracy  (Read 4744 times)

Offline Biggs

Kosovo’s Independence

A matter of Western oil interests, not democracy

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article19504.htm

By Aditya Ganapathiraju

10/03/08 "The Daily"
-- -- Kosovo, a small territory where primarily ethnic Albanians reside, announced its independence from Serbia last month. While Western leaders have celebrated this unilateral secession as a great moment for democracy, the actual details of the secession paint a different picture.

In 1999, the United States led NATO in bombing the former Yugoslavia under the pretense of preventing Serbian aggression against Kosovar Albanians. Former president of Serbia, Slobodan Milosevic, whom the United States once supported, played a key role in the aggression.

While bombing was said to be essential to prevent genocide, in 2005 senior Clinton official John Norris wrote differently in his novel Collision Course.

“It was Yugoslavia’s resistance to the broader trends of political and economic reform — not the plight of the Kosovar Albanians — that best explains NATO’s war,” he wrote.

Bill Richardson, Clinton’s secretary of energy, also brought up underlying reasons for the bombing.

“This is about America’s energy security,” he said months after the bombing.

At the time, the U.N. Security Council passed resolution 1244, which guaranteed a commitment of all member states to the “sovereignty and territorial integrity” of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.

Serbian and Russian political officials have said Kosovo’s declaration of independence was in gross violation of 1244 and a breach of international law, while the United States asserts that Kosovo’s independence was fully consistent with 1244, said Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, in a security council press release.

“I’m very torn,” said Stephen Zunes, a UC San Francisco professor of international studies, in an interview with therealnews.com. “I have supported the Kosovo Albanians’ struggle for self-determination for quite a few years now, and yet … the nature of the current Kosovo-Albanian leadership and the hypocrisy and double standards of the United States and other Western powers makes this a time that should be one of celebration to one of, frankly, great apprehension.”

Zunes and others point to the hypocrisy of Western powers in supporting Kosovo’s right to secede but ignoring other regions with similar aspirations, like Tibet, Western Sahara, the Basque country in Spain, Kashmir, Taiwan, Palestine and Kurdistan.

Asia Times columnist Pepe Escobar said to look at Camp Bondsteel and the Albanian Macedonian Bulgarian Oil Corp. (AMBO) for answers as to why the United States is interested in Kosovo’s independence.

The $1.1 billion AMBO pipeline will take oil from the Caspian Sea, bypassing the heavily trafficked Aegean and Mediterranean seas and routing it through Macedonia to the U.S.-friendly Albanian port of Vlora, ultimately taking the oil to refineries in the United States for significantly less cost than it now incurs.

Camp Bondsteel will serve to provide “security” in the region, defending critical pipeline areas while also serving as “a sort of smaller — and friendlier — five-star Guantanamo, with perks like Thai massage and loads of junk food,” Escobar said.

Kosovo’s independence may have little to do with its autonomy. Officials in Brussels have confirmed that thousands of EU bureaucrats will be sent to the nation-state to form another “EU (and NATO) protectorate,” Escobar wrote.

Meanwhile, Iraqi Kurdistan has been denied its independence. Turkey officials are furious at the precedent Kosovo has set and invaded Northern Iraq with 10,000 troops to show the world that Kurdish secession is not an option.

“An array of European analysts, not to mention Russians, has compared the current, dangerous state of play in the Balkans to Sarajevo in 1914 that led to the outbreak of World War II,” Escobar wrote.

Reach columnist Aditya Ganapathiraju at news@thedaily.washington.edu.

STOP THE KILLING NOW
END THE CRIMINAL SIEGE OF GAZA - FREE PALESTINE!!!!!!!

Offline MikiQuick123

Kosovo;Western Oil Interest
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:06:42 PM »

Kosovo’s Independence

By Aditya Ganapathiraju

10/03/08 "The Daily" -- -- Kosovo, a small territory where primarily ethnic Albanians reside, announced its independence from Serbia last month. While Western leaders have celebrated this unilateral secession as a great moment for democracy, the actual details of the secession paint a different picture.

In 1999, the United States led NATO in bombing the former Yugoslavia under the pretense of preventing Serbian aggression against Kosovar Albanians. Former president of Serbia, Slobodan Milosevic, whom the United States once supported, played a key role in the aggression.

While bombing was said to be essential to prevent genocide, in 2005 senior Clinton official John Norris wrote differently in his novel Collision Course.

“It was Yugoslavia’s resistance to the broader trends of political and economic reform — not the plight of the Kosovar Albanians — that best explains NATO’s war,” he wrote.

Bill Richardson, Clinton’s secretary of energy, also brought up underlying reasons for the bombing.

At the time, the U.N. Security Council passed resolution 1244, which guaranteed a commitment of all member states to the “sovereignty and territorial integrity” of the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia.

Serbian and Russian political officials have said Kosovo’s declaration of independence was in gross violation of 1244 and a breach of international law, while the United States asserts that Kosovo’s independence was fully consistent with 1244, said Zalmay Khalilzad, the U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, in a security council press release.

“I’m very torn,” said Stephen Zunes, a UC San Francisco professor of international studies, in an interview with therealnews.com. “I have supported the Kosovo Albanians’ struggle for self-determination for quite a few years now, and yet … the nature of the current Kosovo-Albanian leadership and the hypocrisy and double standards of the United States and other Western powers makes this a time that should be one of celebration to one of, frankly, great apprehension.”

Zunes and others point to the hypocrisy of Western powers in supporting Kosovo’s right to secede but ignoring other regions with similar aspirations, like Tibet, Western Sahara, the Basque country in Spain, Kashmir, Taiwan, Palestine and Kurdistan.

Asia Times columnist Pepe Escobar said to look at Camp Bondsteel and the Albanian Macedonian Bulgarian Oil Corp. (AMBO) for answers as to why the United States is interested in Kosovo’s independence.

The $1.1 billion AMBO pipeline will take oil from the Caspian Sea, bypassing the heavily trafficked Aegean and Mediterranean seas and routing it through Macedonia to the U.S.-friendly Albanian port of Vlora, ultimately taking the oil to refineries in the United States for significantly less cost than it now incurs.

Camp Bondsteel will serve to provide “security” in the region, defending critical pipeline areas while also serving as “a sort of smaller — and friendlier — five-star Guantanamo, with perks like Thai massage and loads of junk food,” Escobar said.

Kosovo’s independence may have little to do with its autonomy. Officials in Brussels have confirmed that thousands of EU bureaucrats will be sent to the nation-state to form another “EU (and NATO) protectorate,” Escobar wrote.

Meanwhile, Iraqi Kurdistan has been denied its independence. Turkey officials are furious at the precedent Kosovo has set and invaded Northern Iraq with 10,000 troops to show the world that Kurdish secession is not an option.

“An array of European analysts, not to mention Russians, has compared the current, dangerous state of play in the Balkans to Sarajevo in 1914 that led to the outbreak of World War II,” Escobar wrote.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"-Edmund Burke

Offline mike E. dangerously

• none can escape the Sandman's dark dreams.
Kosovo’s Independence

By Aditya Ganapathiraju

10/03/08 "The Daily"
-- -- Kosovo, a small territory where primarily ethnic Albanians reside, announced its independence from Serbia last month. While Western leaders have celebrated this unilateral secession as a great moment for democracy, the actual details of the secession paint a different picture.

of course the Western powers have ingnored other liberation movments they are not sitting on any oil or anything else of value for the NWO to use.
"What is it that sucks at my soul so acutely? What emptiness drives me out into the night time and again to fight forces I cannot hope to defeat.?"- The Sandman

Offline tokeafatj

This country was formed by christians by jesus christ.But white man killed off gods original owners of america.The worlds greatest haulacaust was the slaying of gods true believers.The native american indians 50 million of them where killed.By greedy europeans.And greedy americans to get there railroads and telephone lines from the atlantic to the pacific.AT&T was partly responsible for the death of the natives.What does AT&T stand for  American telephone & telegraph formed in 1860.Greed my friends is what we are dealing with today in america.Greed has total control over our goverment.When is the last time you seen a bill pass the house or the senate? That was for the people by the people 1776 was that magic year. Greed is why the blacks where enslaved sold by there own people in africa.Exploited by there white bigot masters. But freed to some extent after the civil war. Not until Dr martin luther king said i have a dream. Why was he killed was it is dream.No it was greed that killed Dr king. Why because greedy white men did not want him being president of the united states.Kennedy was killed by greed magic bullet my ass. Look at a 1930 20 dollar bill.It says federal reserve note.A 1963 20 dollar bill says united states note. Smoking gun right there he was killed in 1963.He knew what these greedy bastards where doing. And he was combating them.By taking away there favorite toy the money presses at the U.S TREASURY. Greed will kill good anytime you get in the way.The 2nd amendment was made because our founding fathers knew these evil greedy bastards do not like liberty. Satan does not like liberty thats why we have evil in this world. Because god said to lucifer Man will mate and reproduce. Satan said why cant we mate?God said because you cannot only man can mate.Lucifer was gods right hand man. But got greedy and wanted more than god gave him.Who is satan and the 1/3 of the angels i know! They are the greys they are cursed by god.They are the aliens that abduct man. They are dammed to hell and they know it.And they are angry at god BECAUSE he clipped there wings and deformed them they cannot reproduce they have no reproduction organs.They can only travel the heavens in space ships.They abduct our leaders and posses them. To do satans bidding they have been on earth for thousands of years.There spaceships our here right now. Think about it the universe is always expanding foreever it will expand.If we our not greedy and evil we will expand with it for infinite.Live forever in the heavens with god. Have more power than the angels. You ask yourself this the nearest star is alpha centauri. It will take you 70,000 years to get to that star at the speed of light.Whats faster than the speed of lite?I know its electricity. Like a lite switch YOU flip it on and you have light.You flip it of you have darkness.Satan and his demons want back into heaven.But god says no.U Know your fate you will be cast into hell the black holes of the universe is the bottom less pit.In it is where evil men and satan and his demonic demons will be cast by god.Thers is only 1 alex jones that owns prison planet and infowars.com.theres only 1 earth 1 moon 1 god for all mankind.All religions tie to the 1 god but the truest religion is the bible.And you all know its true.It says in the bible that issacc and ishamail will war with each other thru the centuries.Jews and muslims are half brothers thru abraham.This is true.Look at the jews now they kill muslims.And look at muslims they kill jews.We the people on earth are tired of greed.It kills.Now backwards to ww2.Hitler was satan's child why did he burn little innocent jew children and elderly jews.Was it because he was buddys with the muslims no. It was because the jews killed his god jesus. Hitler was half jewish.Was this the jews punishment for hanging jesus christ on the cross. Only god can tell you. I will tell you this hitler was possesd by satan himself. How did he rise to power and fool the german people the greys the fallen angels they abducted him.And had total control of his mind.There are only 2 beings that can control your mind that is god which is pure goodness and satan thats pure evil. So why is it that when people say they are god they are shipped to mental hospitals.Greed to dope you up with drugs that screw you up.You will be a lifelong customer if you believe in mental illness its a fruad.In the 40s they use to shock you.Now they shoot u up with haldo in the ass.Then give u a deadly cocktail of medicine.They are bullshit lieing bastards.Give them some weed to eat smoke or drink.100% success rate period.Again the head shrinks dont no nothing about your mind your thoughts. Again only god and satan can take over your mind. God made it that way period.Your mind is your soul remember that.Fastforward to 2008 U.S PRESIDENT ELECTION the wine which is a bottle of lafite rothschild 1973 which is owned by the rothschild banking dynasty.The ring WHICH was won by roger brown.A man that is not in the pro basketball hall of fame.WHY google roger brown his number is retired and his ring was sold by his illligetimate son because of greed. HE needed money what a poor excuse to sell your dads ring.Theres some things that are not for sale. Rogers ring picked me. I was born in dec 1973. The ring was won in 1973 may 12. Ok the hemp soap richard and marissa  long gave it to me because i told them my feet where cursed.They still are i took a bath with this magic soap.It works my feet did not look cursed.I used it one time and stuck the bottle in my safe.Im waiting to get some more soap.Who is dr bronner look him up on google i do know this he escaped from a mental hospital in 1947 in chicago and sells 1 million bottles of soap a year. How ironic that on the bottle esquire magazine dec 73 did a 10 page section on his magic soap.On the cover it says crime sex salvation on the front cover.Anyways i need to get to bed i have tons more to tell you people.But i do know this when satan is allowed to rule the earth there 1 place you will find christ during the tribulation period when u will either have to take the mark of the beast to eat or starve to death if you do not.That place is the rothschild white castle in there vineyard.The only place u will find true salvation from evil. If your looking for a clue in the rothschild name u will find this thlodchrist which means the lord christ. take the name rothschild and re arange the letters and you get thlod which means the lord christ in the dictionary.com

Offline Biggs

of course the Western powers have ingnored other liberation movments they are not sitting on any oil or anything else of value for the NWO to use.

exactly, intervention is only done when the people at the top have something to gain directly, it is never done for humanitarian reasons
STOP THE KILLING NOW
END THE CRIMINAL SIEGE OF GAZA - FREE PALESTINE!!!!!!!

Offline mike E. dangerously

• none can escape the Sandman's dark dreams.
exactly, intervention is only done when the people at the top have something to gain directly, it is never done for humanitarian reasons
That's the way the game as always been played,man.Have we learned anything from history? :-[
"What is it that sucks at my soul so acutely? What emptiness drives me out into the night time and again to fight forces I cannot hope to defeat.?"- The Sandman

Offline Fleahman

TokeaFatJ-

That was some interesting ramblings doesn't really fit with the thread and a little cluttered but some good stuff in there I encourage you to elaborate more on.  Its easy to see from your writing that you've been struggling with all this stuff for some time. 

For instance what you said about mental illness and cannabis to be spot on.  Oh if only we just had a 10$ co-pay on the pot weed

Online Al Bundy

Re: Kosovo independence - a matter of Western oil interests, not demcoracy
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »
"West can honor will of people in Kosovo, but not in Crimea"

Russian President Vladimir Putin has said that the West negates the right of the people to self-determination in Crimea, while referring to it in the case of Kosovo.

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2016&mm=09&dd=08&nav_id=99151http://

Offline tokeafatj

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 06:54:52 AM »
TokeaFatJ-

That was some interesting ramblings doesn't really fit with the thread and a little cluttered but some good stuff in there I encourage you to elaborate more on.  Its easy to see from your writing that you've been struggling with all this stuff for some time. 

For instance what you said about mental illness and cannabis to be spot on.  Oh if only we just had a 10$ co-pay on the pot weed
i just posted where u can ask questions to alex jones

Online Al Bundy

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »

"Authorities of Kosovo" raise a monument to William Walker near village Racak

Online Al Bundy

The dialogue with Belgrade will be continued only if it recognises Kosovo's independence, says Ramus Haradinaj, a former "Kosovo Liberation Army" commander and a candidate for new Kosovo PM.

http://www.tanjug.rs/full-view_en.aspx?izb=336903http://

Online Al Bundy

Online Al Bundy

Re: Kosovo independence - a matter of Western oil interests, not democracy
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 08:34:41 AM »
US Ambassador in "Republic of Kosovo" G. Delawie in meeting with new PM of Kosovo and war criminal Ramush Haradinay  :o

http://www.gazetaexpress.com/en/news/haradinaj-receives-us-ambassador-delawie-in-his-first-meeting-as-prime-minister-172964/http://

Online Al Bundy

Re: Kosovo independence - a matter of Western oil interests, not democracy
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 02:33:54 PM »
Presiident of Serbia Vucic : West wants "Republic of Kosovo" in UNESCO

https://www.b92.net/eng/news/politics.php?yyyy=2017&mm=09&dd=21&nav_id=102377http://