Did John O'Neil leak intelligence to John Loftus?

Author Topic: Did John O'Neil leak intelligence to John Loftus?  (Read 1526 times)

worcesteradam

Did John O'Neil leak intelligence to John Loftus?
« on: October 26, 2015, 06:22:10 PM »
F.B.I. Is Investigating a Senior Counterterrorism Agent
By DAVID JOHNSTON and JAMES RISEN
Published: August 19, 2001

The F.B.I. has begun an internal investigation into one of its most senior counterterrorism officials, who misplaced a briefcase containing highly classified information last year. The briefcase contained a number of sensitive documents, including a report outlining virtually every national security operation in New York, government officials said.

The official, John O'Neill, 49, is the special agent in charge of national security in the Federal Bureau of Investigation's New York office. The job is among the most powerful in the F.B.I., and, although Mr. O'Neill is not widely known, he has overseen cases like the terrorist bombing of the Navy destroyer Cole in Yemen last year and the bombings of American embassies in East Africa in 1998.

The briefcase incident was seen as potentially so serious that the Justice Department conducted a criminal investigation. The inquiry ended in recent weeks with a decision by the department's internal security section not to prosecute, law enforcement officials said.

Mr. O'Neill left his briefcase in a hotel conference room while he attended an F.B.I. meeting in Tampa, Fla., last summer. The briefcase was stolen, but the local authorities recovered it and returned it to him within hours with the contents.
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/08/19/us/fbi-is-investigating-a-senior-counterterrorism-agent.html

John Loftus was based in St Pete/Tampa area. Loftus claims his lawsuit against Sami al-Arian launched Operation Green Quest shutting down the Saudi Charity network based at 555 grove Street. The FBI interview Loftus puzzled about where he got his information. Loftus was in the media talking about Haroon Rashid Aswat and a terrorist train camp in Oregon. Loftus believes the Saudis fund terrorism and Al Qaeda. So did John O'Neil...
May 2001: FBI counterterrorism expert John O’Neill privately discusses White House obstruction in his bin Laden investigation. O’Neill says, “The main obstacles to investigate Islamic terrorism were US oil corporate interests and the role played by Saudi Arabia in it.” He adds, “All the answers, everything needed to dismantle Osama bin Laden’s organization, can be found in Saudi Arabia.”
http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=a0701oneillrails#a0701oneillrails

What do you think

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!