Oil&Gas ::: Syria/MiddleEast

Author Topic: Oil&Gas ::: Syria/MiddleEast  (Read 5171 times)

Offline regmeok

Oil&Gas ::: Syria/MiddleEast
« on: October 02, 2015, 06:07:45 PM »
http://zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-10/competing-gas-pipelines-are-fueling-syrian-war-migrant-crisis
(link just to fill the space ^^)

decided to open a topic as could not find any info after running through the forum. is there any simplified analytics on that issue?

is it all about Qatar-Turkey (gas) pipeline (and gazprom capabilities)?
*some argue that nowadays it is not that beneficial for Qatar to built such.

seems to me that British Empire (using Russia and ISIS) is fighting USA (using at least 'moderate' 'opposition')

afaik
britain refuse to take part in military operation
asad has some ties with britain
isis has some ties with britain (including all sorts of Al-Britani named guys mentioned in mass media)
russia (and ussr) has/had some peculiar ties with britain after 1917

Offline regmeok

Re: Oil&Gas ::: Syria/MiddleEast
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »
http://s020.radikal.ru/i713/1509/3c/2d02e59718ae.jpg

circle on the right shows zone free from ISIS (see kirkuk area)

this area is under the US command ( picture http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39560000/gif/_39560495_iraq_troops6_416map.gif )

see also http://urbanpolicy.net/syr-aq-and-oil/

Offline regmeok

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 06:28:49 PM »

what if europeans (e.g. anglo-french* forces) want to re-program islam? or to dismantle burdensome saudis wahhabism and/or saudi state (an american ally and one of the states where british 'equity' in SA changed significantly)...

*France status seems to differ from Germany one. at least France have no usa military bases on its soil.

afaik ISIS is somewhat fixers/counter-reformers for a saudi-style wahhabism. and as we can see it is a hostile group for saudi proxies ('moderate' 'rebels') in the syrian-iraq battlefield ...

as noted "Asad has some ties with britain". perhaps i should add "and france"... (the same was true for Gaddafi)
interestingly Alen Juppe (french ministry of international affairs official) told that Lybian operation should be a lesson for the middle east autocraties such as Syria and Saudi Arabia (2011)

so, speaking about france - who knows whom they were bombing- ISIS or 'moderate'?
it appears (at least from the maps showing areas control) that Russia bombs areas which are controlled by 'moderate' terrorists (when it is presented as bombing ISIS) I have suspision that france is doing smth similar...

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 08:15:20 PM »
http://zerohedge.com/news/2015-09-10/competing-gas-pipelines-are-fueling-syrian-war-migrant-crisis
(link just to fill the space ^^)

decided to open a topic as could not find any info after running through the forum. is there any simplified analytics on that issue?

is it all about Qatar-Turkey (gas) pipeline (and gazprom capabilities)?
*some argue that nowadays it is not that beneficial for Qatar to built such.

seems to me that British Empire (using Russia and ISIS) is fighting USA (using at least 'moderate' 'opposition')

afaik
britain refuse to take part in military operation
asad has some ties with britain
isis has some ties with britain (including all sorts of Al-Britani named guys mentioned in mass media)
russia (and ussr) has/had some peculiar ties with britain after 1917

What about beheading from ISIS ? Now is more important gas pipelines ?  ???

http://gawker.com/isis-beheads-american-journalist-james-foley-in-video-m-1624078717http://

Offline regmeok

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 08:27:58 PM »
ISIS is luring US into another 'peacemaking' mission :)

_______
also will add to my previous post that Assad is not that active on fighting ISIS and vice versa.

Offline regmeok

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 08:28:49 PM »

What about beheading

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 08:35:04 PM »

_____________________________also will add to my 'afaik section' that Assad is not that active on fighting ISIS and vice versa.

I do not know where you got that information?
"Financial Times" from October 4, he wrote that Russia was saved by President Assad fate of Colonel Gaddafi. Something they could do primarily by ISIS and not US-backed proxy army in Syria.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/bb5ebda8-6ab0-11e5-aca9-d87542bf8673.html#axzz3nvsmrTKHhttp://

Offline regmeok

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 09:04:56 PM »
"wrote that Russia was saved by President Assad fate of Colonel Gaddafi" - can u paraphrase? how saved? why saved? by means of what?

good quote from the article "They point out that most of Russia’s air strikes have so far targeted locations that are controlled by Syrian rebels opposed to Mr Assad, and not by Isis."

------
I do not know where you got that information?
just reading some people i consider reliable and smart :) and applying thoughts to my way of understanding the bi-polar world . unfortunately middle east is too complex topic ... and i am too lazy to investigate pipeline geopolitics (and other issues) in that region so hoped someone would give me some links

------

'afaik section'
ISIS consists mostly(?) from Iraq sunni who were fighting US some time ago. so is it possible that they acquired ammo from Syria? (long time before Syrian mess). highly likely...

also interesting case http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/news/newsid_4262000/4262424.stm
seems brits dealt with supplying iraq rebels and got caught :)

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 09:11:27 PM »
"wrote that Russia was saved by President Assad fate of Colonel Gaddafi" - can u paraphrase? how saved? why saved? by means of what?

good quote from the article "They point out that most of Russia’s air strikes have so far targeted locations that are controlled by Syrian rebels opposed to Mr Assad, and not by Isis."

------ just reading some people i consider reliable and smart :) and applying thoughts to my way of understanding the bi-polar world

------

'afaik section'
ISIS consists mostly(?) from Iraq sunni who were fighting US some time ago. so is it possible that they acquired ammo from Syria? (long time before Syrian mess). highly likely...

also interesting case http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/russian/news/newsid_4262000/4262424.stm
seems brits dealt with supplying iraq rebels and got caught :)

By what ? By Russian air force. 8)

Offline regmeok

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »
Russia was saved by R.airforce?  >:( :o

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 09:18:30 PM »
Russia was saved by R.airforce?  >:( :o

No. President Assad saved by Russia Army.

Offline regmeok

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 01:08:38 AM »
No. President Assad saved by Russia Army.

nothing can save Assad;)

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2016, 09:13:05 PM »
"Eternal war for pipelines is what's behind war in Syria"

Gas and oil have always been at the heart of the problems in the Middle East, writes the Italian newspaper Il Sole 24 Ore.

The Beta agency is quoting the paper's analysis that said the war began because President Bashar al-Assad refused to accept the building of a pipeline that would have gone from Qatar to Europe, through his country.
Robert Kennedy Jr.'s analysis published on the Politico website is also cited, in which the U.S. environmentalist, who is related to former U.S. President John F. Kennedy explained that the real cause of the war in Syria was Assad's refusal to agree to the gas pipeline from Qatar to Europe, which is why the U.S. launched a smear campaign against him.
Kennedy Jr. also claimed that this American campaign to vilify the Syrian head of state did not start because of peaceful protests of the Syrian opposition at the time of "the Arab Spring" in 2011, but when Qatar in 2009 offered to build the pipeline worth ten billion euros, that was to go through Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Syria and Turkey, and into Europe - but which Assad refused to agree to.
The Syrian president, the Italian media outlet continued, explained this by saying the pipeline would conflict the interests of his ally Russia, the largest supplier of gas to Europe.
"Here's a good reason to also consider Moscow's motive to intervene in Syria, and even the recent meeting in Ankara between Turkish President Erdogan and Russian President Putin and their agreement to revive the plans to build the Turkish Stream pipeline," notes the daily.

The analysis further observes that "one must be careful when talking about bilateral energy projects in the Middle East - if you do a favor to one side, you can be sure to be harming some other."
The Milan-based newspaper adds that Assad in 2010 began to negotiate with Iran, its transitional Shi'ite ally and a key opponent of America and Saudi Arabia, about building a large-capacity pipeline that would transport Iranian gas to Europe through Iraq, Lebanon, and Syria.
But, according to Robert Kennedy Jr. U.S. intelligence services immediately, together with Qatar and Saudi Arabia, started financing th Syrian opposition and preparing to topple the regime in Damascus.
"And, at the same time, in June 2011 the United Arab Emirates, on behalf of the countries of the Gulf, offered Assad the financial support of USD 150 billion if he broke off his political, economic and military alliance with Tehran. In return, besides the money, the Gulf countries promised that the revolt against Damascus would stop," the article continued.
But Assad once again refused, and the U.S. and French ambassadors in Damascus traveled to the city of Hama to support the revolt against the Syrian government.
"In this way, a legitimate rebellion against the nation's autocratic and brutal regime was transformed into a proxy war with the active participation of Turkey and with the blessing of then U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and the money that arrived from Saudi Arabia and Qatar."
The Qatari gas pipeline that was rejected in 2009 would have been, recalls the analysis, a kind of an extended version of Tapline, a pipeline that the U.S. company Bechtel and the Saudi company Aramco wanted to build in 1947 - something that the Syrian parliament prevented at the time. The CIA then organized a coup in Damascus.
Only four years later, in 1953, the British and the Americans - with the main role being played by the local head of the CIA who was the nephew of U.S. President Roosevelt - organized another coup, this time to remove Iranian President Mosaddegh, who nationalized the oil industry... and similar events followed in the region in recent decades.
"The coups that Americans organized for reasons of energy and resources are family issues: in the past it was the Roosevelts, the Kennedys, and now it is the Clintons," writes Il Sole 24 Ore, a newspaper of Italian business circles.
It further notes that there also "doubt as to whether the U.S., France and Britain, are really, as they have declared themselves to be, 'Friends of Syria'."
After the collapse of the Ottoman Empire the French and the British in 1916 carved up the Middle East into their zones of interest, with the British getting oil-rich Mosul (where Americans are currently fighting against Islamists), while the French got to control Syria and Lebanon, the article said.
The history might have in a way repeated itself in Mesopotamia and Syria if there weren't for the Russian intervention that started in September 2015, the daily concluded, with Moscow now being the actor "trying to fill the gap left by the Americans who had been the decisive factor in the region for decades."

http://www.b92.net/eng/news/world.php?yyyy=2016&mm=10&dd=21&nav_id=99470http://

Offline regmeok

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »
as one man said 'syrian and ukrainian events is the dispute between US and UK on who will be feeding Europe with oil/gas"

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2016, 11:38:04 AM »
as one man said 'syrian and ukrainian events is the dispute between US and UK on who will be feeding Europe with oil/gas"

I do not think so. US and UK wants to stop Russian "feeding Europe with oil/gas".

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 12:03:07 PM »
Actually the EU is the biggest threat to USA.
Hence, cut off its balls / oil supply

Yes I'm being sarcastic, but I'm not entirely wrong either.
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2016, 12:51:22 PM »
I send a post but I still can not remember. US President Trump is great threat for EU.    :o
Or Wilders and Marin Le Pen.

Offline regmeok

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »
I do not think so. US and UK wants to stop Russian "feeding Europe with oil/gas".

UK controls 'russian' routes

Offline regmeok

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 01:40:00 PM »
  hi. i cannot use my chrome browser. do you know what might have happened?  (dunno whom to ask but i suggest you have some knowledge on how PP operates)
 |+|usually i use vpn however donot remember it causing any troubles
"Sorry regmeok, you are banned from using this forum!
+ SPAM SERVER IP +
This ban is not set to expire
."

Offline regmeok

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 02:50:12 PM »
Hence, cut off its balls / oil supply

imo usa is interested to cut off iranian and russian supplies in order to provide EU with US-controlled route (from saudis, qatar...may be turkey and azerbaijan as well)

Actually the EU is the biggest threat to USA.
many people whose analysis/speculations i usually read support that position in a sense that EU is a nemesis (thus a potential threat). (China looks like an activated factory, UK alone is incomparable and UKish commonwealth is vague organization which logically leaves us with EU or EU+UK )

however lately they failed to present a clear picture (or i failed to see). above is a brief summary... uneven, with gaps and unanswered questions, but anyway.

... US establishment/'managers' (particularly democrats) were used by US elites/'shareholders' to spread globalist rethoric for the sake of unlocking EU economically. migrants flow was one of the persuading measure. (battles for resource routes control via ukraine and syria were initiated with the same point in mind). As TTIP negotiations failed Trump was chosen to be a bad cop who will be restoring more isolated and independent economy and perhaps focusing on Asian/TPP region. sneaky brits felt beforehand some heat and came up with brexit option. Europe became a target for downgrading with the perspective of dismantling welfare and going to 2-tier/world-countries.