Catholicism

Author Topic: Catholicism  (Read 31496 times)

Offline DAVIDE MTL

Re: Catholicism
« Reply #200 on: February 11, 2017, 10:43:36 PM »
You need a Wife: and a life:

if ya think all folks are going to HELL: because you say so: Well; I say you are incomplete: just as your thoughts are, a wew bit in the Twilight Zone...

....Get a life and a Clue on WHO: Jesus Christ is.

You cause trouble...and that is opposite of the Truth of Jesus Christ.

Now I understand that you are from the Roman Church of Lies,,,

Dave you better go to the real alter of Jesus and that would be; Humble yourself and then shut your mouth.
not that it matters I actually have a wife and 3 kids, you don't know what you are talking about so you post idiotic comments
and you don't know the bible, stop pretending you do
I cause trouble...we can agree..I'm following the Lord Jesus Christ

Matthew 10:34-37Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

34 Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.

35 For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36 And a man's enemies shall be they of his own household.

37 He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.

next time you post nonsense I won't be as nice

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #201 on: February 12, 2017, 04:21:58 AM »
David MTL, you can hide corruption of Catholic Church in centuries besides quotes from the Bible. Best from Sunny Serbia.

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #202 on: February 12, 2017, 05:10:32 AM »
The thing that makes me laugh is that David MTL is regarded as a heretic by the catholic church.

I know he copy pastes long essays reasoning that he is legally a catholic, but the catholic church is the ultimate arbiter and declares he is a HERETIC.

“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #203 on: February 12, 2017, 08:20:17 AM »
I don't post on other threads anymore because I don't have much to offer..most here know about the new world order etc...what the people here don't know much about is the true faith..so I post in hopes of teaching anyone who is willing to escape hellfire...if that is the definition of troll than by all means...I accept the troll label...as for getting lost why don't you make me heretic? you are a disgrace to God, don't know the bible and are too lazy to look up my claims...you are damned to hellfire unless you wake up

I will give David this. His expressed intent is noble.

He wants to share the "words of eternal life" as he understands them. Who like us believes "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory", that Jesus Christ is Lord.

So show each other grace & mercy through our common love as brothers in Christ.

But if you find each others doctrine foreign reason with each other from the scriptures. Studying together the scriptures may help all improve the knowledge & understanding.

There is enough error going around in all denominations in this late date that we all should be seriously searching the the scriptures daily to see what is true like the noble Bereans.

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #204 on: February 12, 2017, 01:27:45 PM »
The thing that makes me laugh is that David MTL is regarded as a heretic by the catholic church.

I know he copy pastes long essays reasoning that he is legally a catholic, but the catholic church is the ultimate arbiter and declares he is a HERETIC.
Why would I care what The Catholic Church of today (the vatican 2 sect) thinks about traditionalists like myself? They are run by anti Catholic freemasonic jews. They hate Christ so I want nothing to do with the leadership of today's church.

Francis that heretic from hell believes in celebrating the 500th anniversary of another heretic from hell Martin Luther. He believes I'm sinning if I try to convert non catholics to the true faith. So I sleep very well at night knowing I'm despised by these modernists from the pits of hell thank you very much.

Francis’ November 17, 2016 interview with the newspaper Avvenire:

Question: “Why was it so important to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation in Sweden? Was it a big step forward?”

Francis: “The meeting with the Lutheran Church in Lund was a further step in the ecumenical journey that began 50 years ago with the Lutheran-Catholic theological dialogue, culminating in the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification signed in 1999…”

Question: “You also said to Patriarch Kirill of Moscow that ‘unity is achieved by walking forward’, that ‘unity will not come about as a miracle in the end; walking together is already unity’. You repeat this often. But what does this mean?”

Francis: “… unity is a grace that one must ask for, and it’s also why I say that every form of proselytism among Christians is sinful. The Church never grows through proselytism… Proselytism among Christians itself is therefore a serious sin for Christians.”

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #205 on: February 12, 2017, 01:31:20 PM »

I will give David this. His expressed intent is noble.

He wants to share the "words of eternal life" as he understands them. Who like us believes "God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory", that Jesus Christ is Lord.

So show each other grace & mercy through our common love as brothers in Christ.

But if you find each others doctrine foreign reason with each other from the scriptures. Studying together the scriptures may help all improve the knowledge & understanding.

There is enough error going around in all denominations in this late date that we all should be seriously searching the the scriptures daily to see what is true like the noble Bereans.

Tonka you make a lot of sense. I do bible study with protestants as my closest friends who  are actually so called bible believing Christians ex catholics etc.
I encourage all here to show me through scripture how Catholic doctrine is wrong..and I will respond with truth. God bless

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #206 on: February 12, 2017, 03:25:48 PM »
Why would I care what The Catholic Church of today (the vatican 2 sect) thinks about traditionalists like myself? They are run by anti Catholic freemasonic jews. They hate Christ so I want nothing to do with the leadership of today's church.

Francis that heretic from hell believes in celebrating the 500th anniversary of another heretic from hell Martin Luther. He believes I'm sinning if I try to convert non catholics to the true faith. So I sleep very well at night knowing I'm despised by these modernists from the pits of hell thank you very much.

Francis’ November 17, 2016 interview with the newspaper Avvenire:

Question: “Why was it so important to commemorate the 500th anniversary of the Lutheran Reformation in Sweden? Was it a big step forward?”

Francis: “The meeting with the Lutheran Church in Lund was a further step in the ecumenical journey that began 50 years ago with the Lutheran-Catholic theological dialogue, culminating in the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification signed in 1999…”

Question: “You also said to Patriarch Kirill of Moscow that ‘unity is achieved by walking forward’, that ‘unity will not come about as a miracle in the end; walking together is already unity’. You repeat this often. But what does this mean?”

Francis: “… unity is a grace that one must ask for, and it’s also why I say that every form of proselytism among Christians is sinful. The Church never grows through proselytism… Proselytism among Christians itself is therefore a serious sin for Christians.”

I support the statement of Pope Francis that "every form of proselytism among Christians is sinful".

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: February 12, 2017, 03:47:40 PM »
http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/Catholic-Churtch-Los-Angeles-Archdiocese-Priests-Accused-Pedophile-Molest-Children-139129294.html

Some 200 Catholic priests suspected of sexual abuse are living undetected in communities across California, according to an attorney who represents hundreds of plaintiffs who sued the LA Archdiocese for molestation they say was inflicted on them by priests and clergy of the church. (Published Saturday, Feb. 11, 2012)

Ray Boucher has mapped sixty locations where suspect priests live, in cities and towns from northern to southern California, and provided those locations to NBC4 exclusively.

“Many if not all these priests have admitted to sexual abuse,” Boucher said. “They live within a mile of 1,500 playgrounds, schools and daycare centers.”

Since none of the priests has actually been convicted of sex abuse, none can be identified under Megan’s Law, or their whereabouts revealed in related public databases.

“What the issue is here, is how you weigh the right of the people,” said Boucher, who is also one of the attorneys representing students in the Miramonte Elementary School sex abuse scandal. “In particular the right of children to be protected from molestation versus the right of privacy."

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/Catholic-Churtch-Los-Angeles-Archdiocese-Priests-Accused-Pedophile-Molest-Children-139129294.html#ixzz4YVOqBXkk
Follow us: @NBCLA on Twitter | NBCLA on Facebook
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Neuromancer

« Reply #208 on: February 26, 2017, 12:18:16 PM »
Guardian yearns in 2016 for 'reformation rift to finally be healed'

After 500 years of schism, will the rift of the Reformation finally be healed?
Pope Francis is beginning a year of events to herald growing cooperation between Protestants and Catholics

Christian leaders and congregations will spend the next 12 months consolidating moves towards greater cooperation and dialogue after centuries of division. In the first papal visit to Sweden in more than 25 years, Francis will lead prayers asking “forgiveness for divisions perpetuated by Christians from the two traditions”. On Tuesday, he will celebrate mass in Malmö before around 10,000 people.

In Germany, leaders of the Catholic and main Protestant churches have issued a joint text calling for a “healing of memories” of past divisions. An ecumenical pilgrimage to the Holy Land aimed at highlighting common roots despite separation has just concluded.

The commemorations are the latest step in a slow rapprochement between the Catholic and Protestant traditions – pursued by Francis, who has put ecumenicalism and healing past wounds at the heart of his papacy
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/29/reformation-luther-pope-francis-catholics
Poster Neuromancer's comments bring a critical but often overlooked historical perspective to key present-day social issues. His underlying goals focus on inspiring curiosity and creativity, sharpening critical analysis of everything from historical texts to today’s news.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #209 on: February 26, 2017, 12:49:09 PM »
I watched on local TV interview with former reporter from Vatican and Serbian publicist L. Miceta. He was origin in Hercegovina. Near is Medjugorje - place of "miracles". Miceta said that Medjugorje was poorest Croatian village and now is Las Vegas. 

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
Pope cuts penalties for paedophile priests - punishment? Lifetime of prayer.
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »
Pope cuts penalties for paedophile priests - including one let off with just a lifetime of prayer for abusing five young boys
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4259164/Pope-quietly-trims-sanctions-sex-abusers-seeking-mercy.html
Pope Francis said to be applying his vision of a 'merciful church' to sex offenders
He reduced sentence for Rev Mauro Inzoli from defrocking to lifetime of prayer
But Vatican spokesman said abusive priests are also removed from the ministry

By ISOBEL FRODSHAM FOR MAILONLINE
25 February 2017

Pope Francis has been slammed by church officials and sex abuse survivors for cutting penalties for paedophile priests.

The Pope is said to be applying his vision of a 'merciful church' to sex offenders by reducing punishments to weaker sentences, such as a lifetime of prayer and penance.

It has been revealed by church officials that Pope Francis overruled advice given to him by the Vatican Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith about two priests  - allowing them to be punished by a lifetime of prayer.

One of the priests was the Reverend Mauro Inzoli, who was found guilty of abusing young boys by the Vatican in 2012 and was ordered to be defrocked.

However, he appealed, and in 2014 Francis reduced the penalty to a lifetime of prayer, prohibiting him from celebrating Mass in public or being near children, barring him from his diocese and ordering five years of psychotherapy.

Rev Inzoli was then convicted by an Italian criminal court for his sex crimes against five children as young as 12.

He is now facing a second church trial after new evidence emerged against him. (continued)
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline White Rose Sophie

« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2017, 09:04:14 PM »
And you shall know them by their 'fruits'.   A bad tree does not produce good fruit, and a good tree does not produce bad fruit.

I'm sorry, but the Roman Catholic church has been producing bad fruit for centuries upon centuries.  The pedophile scandals in the past 20 or so years is just the bad fruit becoming recently known.  The Inquisition was horrific bad fruit, and that was hundreds of years ago.  The Crusades - more bad fruit.  The Roman Catholic church is just the Roman Empire in disguise, in my opinion.

What did Paul say about 'forbidding people to marry' and other doctrines of demons?  You questioned my comparison of the Roman Catholic church to Mystery Babylon.....let me list a few of the characteristics of CULTS and you let me know if any of these sound familiar.  I was in a 'cult' for almost 10 years.....I know how they operate.  And "CULTS" are not defined by WHAT they believe necessarily, they are defined by HOW they operate.

CHARACTERISTICS of CULTS

1. There is 1 ALL KNOWING LEADER whose authority is NEVER to be questioned.  EVER

2. They and they alone are the 'chosen' ones, they have the 'answers' and no one else.  This naturally
     leads to the exclusivity of belief, the them vs us mentality.

3. All adherents must do specific things, in specific ways to be worthy of being chosen or worthy of Heaven
   and they are inclusive  to that belief system. (Scientology's "auditing',  praying so many times a day, etc.)

4. Repetition of phrases, mantras, actions (flagellation, etc)  This is especially key because this is done to
    trigger the unconscious mind to retain these things.

5. Isolation/Replacement relationships/Control of Information
      - They tell you what to read, who involve yourself with, etc.
       Of course in the middle ages, the common man was not allowed to read scripture, if he could read.
        That was solely given to the priests, who then TOLD you what scripture said.         

6. Confession - This is one of the big ones - You must reveal your innermost   thoughts/desires/failings to   
     someone else for accountability and 'forgiveness'.  In reality, this creates a dependency relationship to
     this other person, which gives them a form of psychological control over you.  (Bonesmen have to lay
     naked in a coffin and confess their darkest sexual secrets to the group in initiation rituals)

7. Financial - nuff said. 

8. Their own vocabulary - specific terms within that belief system that are used in communication with each
     other.

There are others as well, such as sleep/food deprivation, etc.   All of these can also be found in many variations of "CHRISTIAN" cults, as well as Hari Krisnas, Moonies, etc.

The difference between the above, and faith in Yeshua the Christ, is that all of the above are things you DO, or must DO to 'belong'.  True Christianity requires only 1 thing - faith in the sacrificial atonement of Jesus of Nazareth.    Not 'ritual' prayers, or confession, or asking someone else for 'forgiveness of sins'...

There is just one mediator between G-D and man, and that is Yeshua Ha'Maschiah, Jesus the Messiah.

Offline Satyagraha

• Global Moderator
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2017, 12:06:04 AM »
Bumping for reality check.
And  the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, 
Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,  ye have done it unto me.

Matthew 25:40

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2017, 04:12:35 PM »
And you shall know them by their 'fruits'.   A bad tree does not produce good fruit, and a good tree does not produce bad fruit.

I'm sorry, but the Roman Catholic church has been producing bad fruit for centuries upon centuries.  The pedophile scandals in the past 20 or so years is just the bad fruit becoming recently known.  The Inquisition was horrific bad fruit, and that was hundreds of years ago.  The Crusades - more bad fruit.  The Roman Catholic church is just the Roman Empire in disguise, in my opinion.

What did Paul say about 'forbidding people to marry' and other doctrines of demons?  You questioned my comparison of the Roman Catholic church to Mystery Babylon.....let me list a few of the characteristics of CULTS and you let me know if any of these sound familiar.  I was in a 'cult' for almost 10 years.....I know how they operate.  And "CULTS" are not defined by WHAT they believe necessarily, they are defined by HOW they operate.

CHARACTERISTICS of CULTS

1. There is 1 ALL KNOWING LEADER whose authority is NEVER to be questioned.  EVER

2. They and they alone are the 'chosen' ones, they have the 'answers' and no one else.  This naturally
     leads to the exclusivity of belief, the them vs us mentality.

3. All adherents must do specific things, in specific ways to be worthy of being chosen or worthy of Heaven
   and they are inclusive  to that belief system. (Scientology's "auditing',  praying so many times a day, etc.)

4. Repetition of phrases, mantras, actions (flagellation, etc)  This is especially key because this is done to
    trigger the unconscious mind to retain these things.

5. Isolation/Replacement relationships/Control of Information
      - They tell you what to read, who involve yourself with, etc.
       Of course in the middle ages, the common man was not allowed to read scripture, if he could read.
        That was solely given to the priests, who then TOLD you what scripture said.         

6. Confession - This is one of the big ones - You must reveal your innermost   thoughts/desires/failings to   
     someone else for accountability and 'forgiveness'.  In reality, this creates a dependency relationship to
     this other person, which gives them a form of psychological control over you.  (Bonesmen have to lay
     naked in a coffin and confess their darkest sexual secrets to the group in initiation rituals)

7. Financial - nuff said. 

8. Their own vocabulary - specific terms within that belief system that are used in communication with each
     other.

There are others as well, such as sleep/food deprivation, etc.   All of these can also be found in many variations of "CHRISTIAN" cults, as well as Hari Krisnas, Moonies, etc.

The difference between the above, and faith in Yeshua the Christ, is that all of the above are things you DO, or must DO to 'belong'.  True Christianity requires only 1 thing - faith in the sacrificial atonement of Jesus of Nazareth.    Not 'ritual' prayers, or confession, or asking someone else for 'forgiveness of sins'...

There is just one mediator between G-D and man, and that is Yeshua Ha'Maschiah, Jesus the Messiah.
you don't know what you are talking about and will unfortunately burn in hell with all the other lazy so called Christians.  I just finished teaching you the Church that is called Catholic today is not Catholic...so obviously their fruits are bad..the crusades were a natural response to the attack on the church from crypto jews, muslims etc....confession to a priest  is biblical..if you care to debate me just respond

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2017, 05:28:38 PM »
will unfortunately burn in hell with all the other lazy so called Christians. 

Stop that.
"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth." Romans 14:4a

If they hold to the doctrine of Christ? 
"He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son" 2 John 1b

Is the doctrine of Christ a denomination? Or is it "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."?  Mark 16:15-16

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:30 PM »
Stop that.
"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth." Romans 14:4a

"He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son" 2 John 1b

Is the doctrine of Christ a denomination? Or is it "Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."?  Mark 16:15-16
stop what? telling the truth?
I am merely repeating what the Church of Christ has already declared...I understand you don't believe in the Catholic Church..but seeing that I am a true Catholic would I not be hypocritical if I didn't profess the same belief?
The Church of today teaches the exact opposite..that non catholics should not be converted, they can be saved , they celebrate the satanic heretic from hell Luther etc...

Pope Innocent III, Fourth Lateran Council, Constitution 1, 1215, ex cathedra: “There is indeed one universal Church of the faithful, outside of which nobody at all is saved, in which Jesus Christ is both priest and sacrifice.”

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2017, 06:33:06 PM »
Stop that.

To us all,

As Christians we have a problem folks. The influences of the man of sin, the son of perdition, is in the Temple of God.

In case anyone is confused about what that Temple is, the Apostle Paul spells it out clearly in Ephesians 2

That is the Temple of God. It is the Church, it is the Bride, it is the body of Christ. And it does not have a denomination label on it. It is the Household of God.

We can see that influence by all the divisions of men, the dividing doctrines of men. People thinking a denomination is part of the plan of salvation, or people thinking acting like an old race is part of the plan of salvation. and so much more silly useless garbage that requires the works of men.

You are saved by Grace.

It is about Jesus Christ.
It is about Christ Crucified.

If your faith does not begin & end in Jesus Christ.
If it is not all about Jesus Christ & something else has been added, then you are in error & need to judge your doctrine by the scriptures because you are being influenced by the man of sin.

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #217 on: March 05, 2017, 05:14:20 AM »
To us all,

As Christians we have a problem folks. The influences of the man of sin, the son of perdition, is in the Temple of God.

In case anyone is confused about what that Temple is, the Apostle Paul spells it out clearly in Ephesians 2

That is the Temple of God. It is the Church, it is the Bride, it is the body of Christ. And it does not have a denomination label on it. It is the Household of God.

We can see that influence by all the divisions of men, the dividing doctrines of men. People thinking a denomination is part of the plan of salvation, or people thinking acting like an old race is part of the plan of salvation. and so much more silly useless garbage that requires the works of men.

You are saved by Grace.

If it is not all about Jesus Christ & something else has been added, then you are in error & need to judge your doctrine by the scriptures because you are being influenced by the man of sin.
How much more confirmation do you need!? If the "pope" Francis is the Man of Sin sitting in the Temple of God -- that proves Catholic churches are the temples of God!
"If this is the only way, we have no choice but to proceed. What is there to vacillate about?"

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2017, 09:00:35 PM »
To us all,

You are saved by Grace.

How much more confirmation do you need!? If the "pope" Francis is the Man of Sin sitting in the Temple of God -- that proves Catholic churches are the temples of God!

I did not say one word about a pope. My indictment above calls out every doctrine error in every denomination. There are plenty "men of sin" in every denomination deceiving the children of God. At this late date all it proves is that we are witnessing the great falling away as foretold by those scriptures.

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #219 on: March 06, 2017, 08:26:15 PM »

I did not say one word about a pope. My indictment above calls out every doctrine error in every denomination. There are plenty "men of sin" in every denomination deceiving the children of God. At this late date all it proves is that we are witnessing the great falling away as foretold by those scriptures.

you write" My indictment above calls out every doctrine error in every denomination"
are you saying there is not 1 true denomination, Christ did not leave us with 1 truth.....the truth is the Catholic faith is he only true Christian faith..all the others have bits of truth mixed with lies from Satan

Offline TonkaTim

« Reply #220 on: March 06, 2017, 10:32:46 PM »
you write" My indictment above calls out every doctrine error in every denomination"
are you saying there is not 1 true denomination, Christ did not leave us with 1 truth.....the truth is the Catholic faith is he only true Christian faith..all the others have bits of truth mixed with lies from Satan

As I said above. At this late date.

The truth is in the Word of God.

Now, if the "the truth is the Catholic faith" why do you protest it?

Sedevacantist really confuse me. Catholics to the core till Vatican 2 then Protestants all of a sudden. If it is "the truth" why is it not the truth now?

The true Answer is Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is the Truth.

A denomination is can only be a witness to that Truth.

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #221 on: March 07, 2017, 03:32:26 PM »
As I said above. At this late date.

The truth is in the Word of God.

Now, if the "the truth is the Catholic faith" why do you protest it?

Sedevacantist really confuse me. Catholics to the core till Vatican 2 then Protestants all of a sudden. If it is "the truth" why is it not the truth now?

The true Answer is Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is the Truth.

A denomination is can only be a witness to that Truth.
I have never protested the Catholic faith, I reject the Vatican 2 sect which calls itself catholic but doesn't have the Catholic faith.

« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2017, 02:18:05 AM »
So, do u believe that the inquisition is justified by the Catholic" faith? That was well before Vatican 2. And that "forbidding men to marry" is not a doctrine of demons as scripture says it is? And that "it is given for man to die once, then face judgement", as scripture also says? And that there is one mediator between G-D and man, and that is Christ Jesus, as scripture says as well?

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2017, 12:23:49 PM »
So, do u believe that the inquisition is justified by the Catholic" faith? That was well before Vatican 2. And that "forbidding men to marry" is not a doctrine of demons as scripture says it is? And that "it is given for man to die once, then face judgement", as scripture also says? And that there is one mediator between G-D and man, and that is Christ Jesus, as scripture says as well?

you clearly don't know your bible

1 Corinthians, Chap. 7- “Now concerning the thing whereof you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.  But for fear of fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband… But I speak this by indulgence, not by commandment.  For I would that all men were even as myself [unmarried]: but every one hath his proper gift from God; one after this manner, and another after that. But I say to the unmarried, and to the widows: It is good for them if they so continue, even as I…

But if any man think that he seemeth dishonoured, with regard to his virgin, for that she is above the age, and it must so be: let him do what he will; he sinneth not, if she marry.  For he that hath determined being steadfast in his heart, having no necessity, but having power of his own will; and hath judged this in his heart, to keep his virgin, doth well.  Therefore, both he that giveth his virgin in marriage, doth well; and he that giveth her not, doth better.”

We see that St. Paul clearly identifies the state of virginity or celibacy as a state that is better than the state of marriage.  We also see this in the words of Jesus Himself:

Matthew 19: 11-12- “[Jesus] said to them: All men take not this word, but they to whom it is given.  For there are eunuchs, who were born so from their mother’s womb: and there are eunuchs, who were made so by men: and there are eunuchs, who have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven. He that can take, let him take it.”

Jesus is clearly speaking here of those who live singly and chastely for the sake of the kingdom of God.  As the Catholic commentary in the Douay Rheims Bible notes about this verse: “There are eunuchs, who have made themselves eunuchs, for the kingdom of heaven… This text is not to be taken in the literal sense; but means, that there are such, who have taken a firm and commendable resolution of leading a single and chaste life, in order to serve God in a more perfect state than those who marry: as St. Paul clearly shows. 1 Cor. 7. 37, 38.”

This biblical truth, which is rejected by the Protestants, was taught repeatedly by the fathers of the Church – that is, those prominent Christian writers of the earliest centuries who repeated the truths learned from the apostles.  Here are two of numerous examples that could be given.

St. John Chrysostom, A.D. 392: “That virginity is good I do agree.  But that it is even better than marriage, this I do confess.  And if you wish, I will add that it is as much better than marriage as Heaven is better than Earth, as much better as angels are better than men.” (The Faith of the Early Fathers, Vol. 2: 1116)

St. Cyril of Jerusalem, A.D. 350: “While you maintain perfect chastity, do not be puffed up in vain conceit against those who walk a humbler path in matrimony…. Because you have a possession of gold, do not on that account hold the silver in contempt.” (The Faith of the Early Fathers, Vol. 1: 818c)

The point of this Heresy of the Week is to show, once again, that no matter what issue you want to turn to – whether it’s the Papacy (Mt. 16:18-20; Jn. 21:15-17) or the Eucharist (Jn. 6:54) or Confession (Jn. 20:23) or the necessity of Baptism (Jn. 3:5) or the necessity of faith with works (James 2:24) or celibacy (Mt. 19:11; 1 Cor. 7) or something else –  it’s the Catholic Church which has the true Biblical teaching and the Protestants who do not.

if you admit your error then I'll respond to  your other misunderstandings
you would first have to explain how you think Catholic doctrine (which you clearly know little of) contradicts ..."And that "it is given for man to die once, then face judgment"

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2017, 01:04:27 PM »
David MTL you are true Catholic. She ask you one thing and you answer other thing.  8)

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
David MTL you are true Catholic. She ask you one thing and you answer other thing.  8)
I answered her nonsensical comment "And that "forbidding men to marry" is not a doctrine of demons as scripture says it is?
..but you are right..I am a true Catholic..thank you

Offline EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #226 on: March 22, 2017, 02:25:13 PM »

LOL  8)
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2017, 08:22:04 PM »
I answered her nonsensical comment "And that "forbidding men to marry" is not a doctrine of demons as scripture says it is?
..but you are right..I am a true Catholic..thank you

"Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iton; forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, which G-D hath created to be received of them which believe and know the truth". 1st Timothy 4:1-3
Is that "nonsense"? Paul wrote that, is it not in the Catholic bible?

Wow, forced celibacy and "Lent" in one fell swoop! ;D

As far as your quoting 1st Co 7:1-
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me:
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man gave his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
And then he goes on,
"For I would that all men were even as myself. But every man hath his proper gift of G-D, one after this manner, and another after that".  1st Co 7:7.

Does this mean that celibacy is better than marriage?

No, it does not. It means that celibacy is a Gift of G-D, not something to be forced upon a man who wants to serve G-D. Paul was gifted with celibacy, and jolly good thing to, considering that he was the apostle to the gentiles and traveled constantly. He could NOT have done that had he been married with a family, so G-D gifted him with celibacy to accomplish HIS purposes.

If being unmarried is a greater calling or purpose in serving the LORD, why did G-D himself say this,
"It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him."  Genesis 2:18
Why didn't he just make more "Adams"?

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #228 on: April 02, 2017, 10:28:22 PM »
"Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iton; forbidding to marry and commanding to abstain from meats, which G-D hath created to be received of them which believe and know the truth". 1st Timothy 4:1-3
Is that "nonsense"? Paul wrote that, is it not in the Catholic bible?

Wow, forced celibacy and "Lent" in one fell swoop! ;D

As far as your quoting 1st Co 7:1-
"Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me:
It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man gave his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband."
And then he goes on,
"For I would that all men were even as myself. But every man hath his proper gift of G-D, one after this manner, and another after that".  1st Co 7:7.

Does this mean that celibacy is better than marriage?

No, it does not. It means that celibacy is a Gift of G-D, not something to be forced upon a man who wants to serve G-D. Paul was gifted with celibacy, and jolly good thing to, considering that he was the apostle to the gentiles and traveled constantly. He could NOT have done that had he been married with a family, so G-D gifted him with celibacy to accomplish HIS purposes.

If being unmarried is a greater calling or purpose in serving the LORD, why did G-D himself say this,
"It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him."  Genesis 2:18
Why didn't he just make more "Adams"?

I'll take it easy on you and give you the following to ponder, you have a lot to learn son.

Forbidding to marry, to abstain from meats, &c. Here says St. Chrysostom[1] are foretold and denoted the heretics called Encratites, the Marcionites, Manicheans, &c. who condemned all marriages as evil, as may be seen in St. Irenæus, Epiphanius, St. Augustine, Theodoret, &c. These heretics held a god who was the author of good things, and another god who was the author or cause of all evils; among the latter they reckoned, marriages, fleshmeats, wine, &c. The doctrine of Catholics is quite different, when they condemn the marriages of priests and of such as have made a vow to God to lead always a single life; or when the Church forbids persons to eat flesh in Lent, or on fasting-days, unless their health require it. We hold that marriage in itself is not only honourable, but a sacrament of divine institution. We believe and profess that the same only true God is the author of all creatures which are good of themselves; that all eatables are to be eaten with thanksgiving, and none of them to be rejected, as coming from the author of evil. When we condemn priests for marrying, it is for breaking their vows and promises made to God of living unmarried, and of leading a more perfect life; we condemn them with the Scripture, which teaches us that vows made are to be kept; with St. Paul, who in the next chap. (ver. 12) teaches us, that they who break such vows incur their damnation. When the Church, which we are commanded to obey, enjoins abstinence from flesh, or puts a restraint as to the times of eating on days of humiliation and fasting, it is by way of self-denial and mortification: so that it is not the meats, but the transgression of the precept, that on such occasions defiles the consciences of the transgressors. "You will object, (says St. Chrysostom) that we hinder persons from marrying; God forbid," &c. St. Augustine, (lib. 30. contra Faustum. chap. vi.) "You see (says he) the great difference in abstaining from meats for mortification sake, and as if God was not the author of them." We may observe that God, in the law of Moses, prohibited swine's flesh and many other eatables; and that even the apostles, in the Council of Jerusalem, forbad the Christians, (at least about Antioch) to eat at that time blood and things strangled; not that they were bad of themselves, as the Manicheans pretended. (Witham) --- St. Paul here speaks of the Gnostics and other ancient heretics, who absolutely condemned marriage and the use of all kind of meat, because they pretended that all flesh was from an evil principle: whereas the Church of God so far from condemning marriage, holds it to be a holy sacrament, and forbids it to none but such as by vow have chosen the better part: and prohibits not the use of any meats whatsoever, in proper times and seasons, though she does not judge all kinds of diet proper for days of fasting and penance. (Challoner) --- We may see in the earliest ages[centuries] of Christianity, that some of the most infamous and impure heretics that ever went out of the Church, condemned all marriage as unlawful, at the same time allowing the most unheard of abominations: men without religion, without faith, without modesty, without honour. See St. Clement of Alexandria, lib. 3. Strom

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #229 on: April 19, 2017, 11:46:35 AM »
We have the faith; they have the buildings.™
"If this is the only way, we have no choice but to proceed. What is there to vacillate about?"

Online egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #230 on: May 13, 2017, 03:52:58 PM »
I support the statement of Pope Francis that "every form of proselytism among Christians is sinful".

Yes.  Protestantism *is* proselytism.  Therefore the pope would be totally against it and as a false vicar of christ, call it a sin.  Nevermind the only reason we even have a Bible to read is due to the Protestant Reformation.

Read The Great Controversy free online and the true story will be known.
It's a must-read for all.  Not as prosylitizing, but as history depicting the Truth.

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/gc/gc.asp

love, e

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #231 on: May 13, 2017, 08:18:41 PM »

Yes.  Protestantism *is* proselytism.  Therefore the pope would be totally against it and as a false vicar of christ, call it a sin.  Nevermind the only reason we even have a Bible to read is due to the Protestant Reformation.

Read The Great Controversy free online and the true story will be known.
It's a must-read for all.  Not as prosylitizing, but as history depicting the Truth.

http://www.whiteestate.org/books/gc/gc.asp

love, e
you are truly an imbecile, there is only 1 church responsible for putting together the bible...it the Catholic Church...you should learn history son

Online egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #232 on: May 14, 2017, 01:13:52 AM »
you are truly an imbecile, there is only 1 church responsible for putting together the bible...it the Catholic Church...you should learn history son

I'm not quite sure what I'm an imbecile about if you could please explain.  If it were not for the Protestant Reformation, there would be no Bibles off the printing press for anyone to read.  The Catholic Church prevented anyone from reading the Bible except clergy.   Laymen were not allowed to have a copy, nor read it.   Bibles were actually chained to the pulpit.

This is what the Protestant Reformation was all about.  People wanted to read & interpret the Bible according to themselves, not what they were being "told" from the pulpit. The idea of indulgences and that the only way to Heaven was through the priesthood (per Catholicism) were found to be lies according to the Bible, and what it says.   

Due to the Protestant Reformation, a new and better translation was created, too = King James Version.  And yes, the Catholics were involved along with Puritans.
http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1601-1700/story-behind-king-james-bible-11630052.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

Please read the true history, not what the Catholic Church wants you to believe is history.  The same Catholic Church that self-mandates for Sunday to be kept, not seventh-day Sabbath as the day of worship.

https://www.sabbathtruth.com/free-resources/article-library/id/916/catholic-church-admits-they-made-the-change

...The Roman emperor Constantine, a former sun-worshiper, professed conversion to Christianity, though his subsequent actions suggest the “conversion” was more of a political move than a genuine heart change. Constantine named himself Bishop of the Catholic Church and enacted the first civil law regarding Sunday observance in A.D. 321.

On the venerable day of the sun let the magistrate and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however, persons engaged in agricultural work may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain growing or for vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. —Schaff’s History of the Christian Church, vol. III, chap. 75.

Note that Constantine’s law did not even mention Sabbath but referred to the mandated rest day as a “the venerable day of the sun.” And how kind he was to allow people to observe it as it was convenient. Contrast this with God’s command to observe the Sabbath “even during the plowing season and harvest” (Exodus 34:21)! Perhaps the church leaders noticed this laxity as well, for just four years later, in A.D. 325, Pope Sylvester officially named Sunday “the Lord’s Day,” and in A.D. 338, Eusebius, the court bishop of Constantine, wrote, “All things whatsoever that it was the duty to do on the Sabbath (the seventh day of the week) we (Constantine, Eusebius, and other bishops) have transferred to the Lord’s Day (the first day of the week) as more appropriately belonging to it.”

Instead of the humble lives of persecution and self-sacrifice led by the apostles, church leaders now exalted themselves to the place of God. “This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world” (1 John 4:3)....

David MTL, you should please open up a bit to learn the truth.  Then, make your decisions for what you believe in being fully-informed.  Read The Great Controversy - you'll enjoy it.

Love, e

Offline DAVIDE MTL

« Reply #233 on: May 14, 2017, 10:00:27 PM »
I'm not quite sure what I'm an imbecile about if you could please explain.  If it were not for the Protestant Reformation, there would be no Bibles off the printing press for anyone to read.  The Catholic Church prevented anyone from reading the Bible except clergy.   Laymen were not allowed to have a copy, nor read it.   Bibles were actually chained to the pulpit.

This is what the Protestant Reformation was all about.  People wanted to read & interpret the Bible according to themselves, not what they were being "told" from the pulpit. The idea of indulgences and that the only way to Heaven was through the priesthood (per Catholicism) were found to be lies according to the Bible, and what it says.   

Due to the Protestant Reformation, a new and better translation was created, too = King James Version.  And yes, the Catholics were involved along with Puritans.
http://www.christianity.com/church/church-history/timeline/1601-1700/story-behind-king-james-bible-11630052.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James_Version

Please read the true history, not what the Catholic Church wants you to believe is history.  The same Catholic Church that self-mandates for Sunday to be kept, not seventh-day Sabbath as the day of worship.

https://www.sabbathtruth.com/free-resources/article-library/id/916/catholic-church-admits-they-made-the-change

...The Roman emperor Constantine, a former sun-worshiper, professed conversion to Christianity, though his subsequent actions suggest the “conversion” was more of a political move than a genuine heart change. Constantine named himself Bishop of the Catholic Church and enacted the first civil law regarding Sunday observance in A.D. 321.

On the venerable day of the sun let the magistrate and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed. In the country however, persons engaged in agricultural work may freely and lawfully continue their pursuits; because it often happens that another day is not so suitable for grain growing or for vine planting; lest by neglecting the proper moment for such operations the bounty of heaven should be lost. —Schaff’s History of the Christian Church, vol. III, chap. 75.

Note that Constantine’s law did not even mention Sabbath but referred to the mandated rest day as a “the venerable day of the sun.” And how kind he was to allow people to observe it as it was convenient. Contrast this with God’s command to observe the Sabbath “even during the plowing season and harvest” (Exodus 34:21)! Perhaps the church leaders noticed this laxity as well, for just four years later, in A.D. 325, Pope Sylvester officially named Sunday “the Lord’s Day,” and in A.D. 338, Eusebius, the court bishop of Constantine, wrote, “All things whatsoever that it was the duty to do on the Sabbath (the seventh day of the week) we (Constantine, Eusebius, and other bishops) have transferred to the Lord’s Day (the first day of the week) as more appropriately belonging to it.”

Instead of the humble lives of persecution and self-sacrifice led by the apostles, church leaders now exalted themselves to the place of God. “This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world” (1 John 4:3)....

David MTL, you should please open up a bit to learn the truth.  Then, make your decisions for what you believe in being fully-informed.  Read The Great Controversy - you'll enjoy it.

Love, e

E since you have shown a good attitude with your response I will take back my insult of imbecile, we both believe the other has been decieved and I do believe your intentions are good. To arrive at the truth we will use the bible first and foremost,  then other texts .  The protestant reformation started a new religion, it is not that they were merely good christians who wanted to stop corruption . This new religion which did not exist for 1500 + years was started by Luther who started the heresy of faith alone and sola scriptura. We can touch upon these issues later. Since you brough up the sabbath   and you seem to be a seventh day adventist let us clear up this issue at once.

after reading the below feel free to try and refute, bu you will see you can use Constantine as the Church had decided on the issue long before

Of all the 10 commandments, the one to keep holy the Sabbath is different in nature from the rest.  This is a very important point.  It’s different because it’s the only one of the Ten Commandments that pertains to the ceremonial, not the natural law.

Protestants who contend that the Saturday Sabbath law remains in force do not follow other aspects of the Old Testament ceremonial law.  They don’t consider circumcision or ritual sacrifices to be binding anymore, but they consider the ceremonial Sabbath law to be binding.  This is both unscriptural and illogical.

Just as circumcision, the ritual sacrifices, and other parts of the ceremonial law have ceased with the coming of Christ, the ceremonial requirement to set Saturday apart for God has passed away.  It has been replaced by God and His Church with the requirement to specifically honor Sunday.

THE APOSTLES AND THE EARLY CHURCH CELEBRATED SUNDAY, NOT SATURDAY

The Apostles clearly honored Sunday, not Saturday.  We read that they met for the Eucharist and the breaking of bread on the first day of the week, Sunday, the day of the Lord’s Resurrection.

Acts 20:7- And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.”

We see that the Christians came together to worship on Sunday.  This day was set apart by the Apostles.

1 Corinthians 16:1-2- “Now concerning the collections that are made for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, so do ye also.  On the first day of the week let every one of you put apart with himself, laying up what it shall well please him; that when I come, the collections be not then to be made.”

This next verse is particularly important.

Colossians 2:16-17- “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”

Here we see St. Paul specifically teaching that the festival and ceremonial laws (including the observance of the Sabbath!) pertained to the Old Testament period and are no longer binding after the coming of Christ.  How clear does it have to be?

GOD GAVE THE CHURCH THE AUTHORITY TO TRANSFER THE SABBATH TO SUNDAY IN HONOR OF HIS RESURRECTION

Matthew 16:18-19- “And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

Matthew 18:17-18- “And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.  Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.”

That’s why the early Christians met on Sunday (the Lord’s Day) to celebrate the Eucharist.  That’s why the most ancient fathers, such as St. Ignatius of Antioch writing about 110 A.D., recognized that Sunday was the day, not Saturday. 

St. Ignatius of Antioch , Epistle to the Magnesians, no. 9, 110 A.D.: “If then they who walked in ancient customs came to a new hope, no longer living for the Sabbath, but for the Lord’s Day, on which also our life sprang up through him and His death – though some deny Him – and by this mystery we received faith, and for this reason also we suffer...”

with love Davide

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #234 on: May 15, 2017, 07:38:39 AM »

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #235 on: May 17, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
Let's put it this way: Fred Phelps was a Catholic...

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #236 on: May 17, 2017, 11:39:18 AM »
Let's put it this way: Fred Phelps was a Catholic...

That Phelps was Baptist. So...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelpshttp://

Offline Outer Haven

« Reply #237 on: May 17, 2017, 11:45:06 AM »
That Phelps was Baptist. So...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Phelpshttp://
There's a lot of people who claim to be Catholic, who are not Catholic.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #238 on: May 17, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »
There's a lot of people who claim to be Catholic, who are not Catholic.

You mean they Catholics do not live according a Holy Bible ?

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #239 on: June 15, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
On June 15, 1520 Pope Leo X warned priest Martin Luther that he risked excommunication unless he recanted 41 sentences drawn from his writings, including the 95 Theses, within 60 days.

http://www.historyofinformation.com/expanded.php?id=1948http://