Foodstamp program (SNAP) suspended until further notice

Author Topic: Foodstamp program (SNAP) suspended until further notice  (Read 35978 times)

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
Re: Foodstamp program (SNAP) suspended until further notice
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2015, 09:52:37 AM »
The trillions extracted extorted by bankers via usury and bailouts would feed a far greater number of people, yet far less moral outrage is directed at than is directed the comparative crumbs spent on feed stamps.

There fixed it for you. 

There is an old sayings:  "Charity begins at home," this hijacked government uses the illusion of helping people to control them--it's called the welfare/warfare state.

If people weren't extorted from, at the barrel of a gun, there would be a lot more money in people's pockets to help others.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2015, 11:47:18 AM »
There fixed it for you.

As though what I wrote was incorrect. It wasn't. Extortion is merely one of the means by which they extract all that unearned wealth and income.

There is an old sayings:  "Charity begins at home,"

There's a newer and -- in a world overflowing with abundance and labor-saving technology -- much more insightful saying: there would be no need for "charity" in the first place if the rich hadn't driven millions of people into poverty through various forms of economic parasitism (usury being one of them, extortionate rent-gouging being another).

this hijacked government uses the illusion of helping people to control them--it's called the welfare/warfare state.

As I've had to explain many times before over the years (and undoubtedly will again), cutting the social safety net in the midst of a banker-engineered depression without first eliminating the ruling class privileges (see this and this) that gave rise to the depressed economic conditions that, in turn, created the need for a social safety net to begin with has nothing to do with "liberty" and everything to do with this sadistic fetish an alarming number of people have for blaming the poor for their own poverty, all so they can justify making the poor pay (via the imposition of brutal austerity measures) for the crimes of parasites like LLoyd Blankfein and Jamie Dimon.

That's beyond "disgusting." It's downright evil.

And those who shamelessly wrap this evil in the flag of "Christianity" are quite frankly deserving of the same moral rebuke that Jesus administered to the Pharisees:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxCcvCZkaJc
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2015, 12:10:06 PM »
As though what I wrote was incorrect. It wasn't. Extortion is merely one of the means by which they extract all that unearned wealth and income.

One means to which government uses so readily towards the people.

There's a newer and -- in a world overflowing with abundance and labor-saving technology -- much more insightful saying: there would be no need for "charity" in the first place if the rich hadn't driven millions of people into poverty through various forms of economic parasitism (usury being one of them, extortionate rent-gouging being another).

The elite have sullied prosperity for all of us.  There is nothing wrong with people making money, honestly, and living well.  The elites are the very people who are causing class envy throughout the world. 

As I've had to explain many times before over the years (and undoubtedly will again), cutting the social safety net in the midst of a banker-engineered depression without first eliminating the ruling class privileges (see this and this) that gave rise to the depressed economic conditions that, in turn, created the need for a social safety net to begin with has nothing to do with "liberty" and everything to do with this sadistic fetish an alarming number of people have for blaming the poor for their own poverty, all so they can justify making the poor pay (via the imposition of brutal austerity measures) for the crimes of parasites like LLoyd Blankfein and Jamie Dimon.

That's beyond "disgusting." It's downright evil.

And those who shamelessly wrap this evil in the flag of "Christianity" are quite frankly deserving of the same moral rebuke that Jesus administered to the Pharisees:

Just as many religions have been taken over by evil, everyone will blame Christians who are trying to live the way God told us to.

If people opened up the Bible every once in a while they would understand God is against usury and warned against it:

Exodus 22:25 - If thou lend money to [any of] my people [that is] poor by thee, thou shalt not be to him as an usurer, neither shalt thou lay upon him usury.

Deuteronomy 23:19-20 -19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:

20 Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

Ezekiel 18:13 - Hath given forth upon usury, and hath taken increase: shall he then live? he shall not live: he hath done all these abominations; he shall surely die; his blood shall be upon him.

Ezekiel 22:12 - In thee have they taken gifts to shed blood; thou hast taken usury and increase, and thou hast greedily gained of thy neighbours by extortion, and hast forgotten me, saith the Lord GOD.

Leviticus 25:37 - Thou shalt not give him thy money upon usury, nor lend him thy victuals for increase.

Ezekiel 18:8 - He [that] hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, [that] hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,

And there is plenty more verses which repeat these warnings.

Proverbs 10:4
He becometh poor that dealeth with a slack hand: but the hand of the diligent maketh rich.

"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Pirate

« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
it is Malthusian to cut food stamps

user111

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2015, 05:46:11 AM »
They will NEVER shut down the Snap program,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least not until after the elections,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if there are in fact elections next year.

And why you ask?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,well the Snap program buys votes,simple as that and the Liberals need all the votes they can garner.Thru illegal immagration and the freebies including the Snap program the Liberals get their votes.Look at the last two elections and it's right in your face there.

I'd be more worried that we end up in a major world war very,very soon and the present Govt shuts down the elections and then the freebies so they can meet their desires.

Why did Obama state recently that "Trump will never be elected President",when in fact Trump,like him or not is leading the pack right now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and he's way out front the last I saw.
Or do the Liberals know the voting process is rigged.Don't know just saying.

Could be anything,but look at the facts and let your mind wonder thru them.

Snap is in no imminent danger that I can see,just not going to happen.Smoke blowing and nothing more.

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2015, 06:05:45 AM »
They will NEVER shut down the Snap program,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,at least not until after the elections,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if there are in fact elections next year.

More and more lately I'm hearing  that from people in the meat world
and they just bring it up in conversation out of the blue.  All ages too
are saying they don't think we'll have an election.... 
Be Prepared

EvadingGrid

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2015, 06:18:42 AM »
For the 0.1% to get away with stealing they need to demonize the poor

Right Wing supports this . . . may as well have a " I LUV Rothschild's " T-Shirts

Time to grow up, and realize Right Wing is not the answer to life the universe and everything.

Offline decemberfellow

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »
More and more lately I'm hearing  that from people in the meat world
and they just bring it up in conversation out of the blue.  All ages too
are saying they don't think we'll have an election....

I hear that a lot also. Windy I think your somewhere out west and I hear it on the east.  Must be felt nationally.  Buckle up folks! wtshtf no foodstamps, government checks, anyway.  So as your signature says  BE PREPARED
Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #128 on: October 23, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »

"
The average SNAP-approved household received
$256.62 in July 2015. USDA estimated a total
cost to U.S. taxpayers of $5.8 billion for the month.

FOOD STAMP NATION:
45 MILLION FOR 51 MONTHS

SNAP program's beneficiaries
exceed Canada's population

DOUGLAS ERNST

America has a perpetual population of food-stamp
beneficiaries greater than the number of Canadian citizens.

New data released by the Department of Agriculture Oct. 9 shows the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, with enrollment exceeding 45 million for 51 straight months. The population of Canada: 34,834,841.

“Between 2007 and 2011, new eligibility rules by themselves added 3.4 million people to SNAP enrollment and naturally tended to increase SNAP spending. At the same time, SNAP began to pay more generous benefits to people who enrolled,” Casey Mulligan, an economics professor at the University of Chicago, told the Washington Free Beacon on Thursday.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/food-stamp-nation-45-million-for-51-months/?cat_orig=us
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Pirate

« Reply #129 on: October 23, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #130 on: October 23, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »
"
The average SNAP-approved household received
$256.62 in July 2015. USDA estimated a total
cost to U.S. taxpayers of $5.8 billion for the month.

FOOD STAMP NATION:
45 MILLION FOR 51 MONTHS

SNAP program's beneficiaries
exceed Canada's population

DOUGLAS ERNST

America has a perpetual population of food-stamp
beneficiaries greater than the number of Canadian citizens.

New data released by the Department of Agriculture Oct. 9 shows the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, with enrollment exceeding 45 million for 51 straight months. The population of Canada: 34,834,841.

“Between 2007 and 2011, new eligibility rules by themselves added 3.4 million people to SNAP enrollment and naturally tended to increase SNAP spending. At the same time, SNAP began to pay more generous benefits to people who enrolled,” Casey Mulligan, an economics professor at the University of Chicago, told the Washington Free Beacon on Thursday.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/food-stamp-nation-45-million-for-51-months/?cat_orig=us

Figures from 2012...

US government expenses PER DAY----$11 BILLION

US government revenues per day-----$5 BILLION

THESE FIGURES ARE HIGHER TODAY.

They do this every year.  They blame the poor people and say they are going to stop food stamps. 

Geolibertarian is an expert on this subject.
I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline larsonstdoc

« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2015, 12:47:18 PM »
  Figures from 2012...

US government expenses PER DAY----$11 BILLION

US government revenues per day-----$5 BILLION

THESE FIGURES ARE HIGHER TODAY.

They do this every year.  They blame the poor people and say they are going to stop food stamps. 

Geolibertarian is an expert on this subject.

http://www.newsmax.com/Finance/StreetTalk/Kotlikoff-GDP-debt-deficit/2015/03/10/id/629314/

Economist Kotlikoff: 'Our Country Is Broke'

To those who say that U.S. government debt is easily manageable, Boston University economist Laurence Kotlikoff has a sobering reply.

"Our country is broke. It's not broke in 75 years or 50 years or 25 years or 10 years. It's broke today," he told the Senate Budget Committee. "Indeed, it may well be in worse fiscal shape than any developed country, including Greece."

And what about official figures showing that federal government debt is "only" 74 percent of GDP? "Unfortunately, the federal debt is not an economic measure of anything, including our nation's fiscal position," Kotlikoff argued. "Instead, the federal debt and its annual change, the deficit, are purely linguistic constructs that reflect how members of Congress choose to label government receipts and payments."

For example, that figure omits the almost $750 billion the government is collecting this year in Social Security payroll taxes from workers and the future Social Security transfer payments these FICA contributions secure, he explains.

"Were we to go back in time and re-label all past Social Security taxes as borrowing, official federal debt held by the public would not be $13 trillion, but $38 trillion, which is 211 percent of U.S. GDP."

In reality we're facing a fiscal gap of $210 trillion, Kotlikoff proclaimed. That's 16 times larger than official U.S. debt, "which indicates precisely how useless official debt is for understanding our nation’s true fiscal position," he noted, and almost 12 times the current GDP of $18 trillion.

I'M A DEPLORABLE KNUCKLEHEAD THAT SUPPORTS PRESIDENT TRUMP.  MAY GOD BLESS HIM AND KEEP HIM SAFE.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2015, 07:37:31 PM »
 Hey Larson, so true,,the parsites sucked the blood out of this nation..Bone dry!

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2016, 10:39:21 AM »
... I suspect that we are being RIPPED OFF BigLeague
by the welfare/EBT state ... no doubt the OBAMA-NATION
has ramped up the theft/waste and things MUST be
corrected ... and of course, the NWO plan is to put
much of the third world on the gravy train.

LOOK AT THIS! TALK ABOUT UNSUSTAINABLE!

Grocery Store Receipt Shows How Much “Help” Obama Gives Welfare Users
A receipt from a Liberty Kentucky Save-a-Lot store gave us a glimpse into the mysterious finances of an Electronic Benefits Transfer account holder, and it may shock some of you who are living paycheck to paycheck.Over $5,500 was still available to the user to purchase food.

http://conservativetribune.com/grocery-store-receipt-welfare/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=ConservativeTribune&utm_content=2016-11-16&utm_campaign=manualpost

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2016, 11:40:18 AM »
I'll let my previous comments on this issue (beginning on page one of this thread) speak for themselves.

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
Re: Welfare Payout Statistics
« Reply #135 on: December 10, 2016, 09:01:52 PM »
... I am a little stunned to say the least!
This is for 2015 statistics ... may be higher for 2016.

Welfare Payout Statistics That Will Make Your Blood Boil!

Check your State and see how you’d do not working at all!
(Ed: My State (NM) is total $13.41 per hour. ... our minimum wage is $7.50 hr)

A Cato Institute study has determined that welfare benefits in fact payout more than a full time minimum wage job in at least 35 states! WTF?

1. The free money is more than $15 an hour in over ten states
2. Welfare is more than a newly college educated teacher in eleven states makes
3. Outdoes the salary of a computer programmer in three states!
4. The highest welfare payouts are over $20 an hour! (Hawaii, with payments equaling $29.13 per hour, DC at $24.43 per hour, Massachusetts at $24.30 , Connecticut at $21.33, New York at $21.01 per hour, New Jersey at $20.89 per hour, Rhode Island at $20.83 per hour and Vermont at $20.36 per hour)

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/05/welfare-payout-statistics-will-make-really-mad/

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #136 on: December 10, 2016, 09:34:49 PM »

A Cato Institute study has determined that welfare benefits in fact payout more than a full time minimum wage job in at least 35 states! WTF?

4. The highest welfare payouts are over $20 an hour! (Hawaii, with payments equaling $29.13 per hour, DC at $24.43 per hour, Massachusetts at $24.30 , Connecticut at $21.33, New York at $21.01 per hour, New Jersey at $20.89 per hour, Rhode Island at $20.83 per hour and Vermont at $20.36 per hour)

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/05/welfare-payout-statistics-will-make-really-mad/

When will the American people awaken to this economic rewarding of the globalist's takeover cannon fodder, their home grown shock troops, at our expense.

Those receiving average middle income Social Security at 65 would fall right below Utah in this government "welfare" giveaway program at about $13,500... while those who qualify for SSI or SSD only... get about $9000 per year. This is money the government was sent by the recipient throughout his or her work life in order to receive a monthly late life paycheck without feeling like they were getting some form of charity... at 70, I've thankfully learned how to stretch my SSD and cash from occasional odd jobs to stay housed, clothed, warm, and fed without resorting to welfare. The government has faltered and reneged on all other programs why should we expect anything other... the thieves are about to feel the sting I'm thinkin'.

Oldyoti

"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have
found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which
will be imposed upon them; .... The limits of tyrants are
prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."

~Frederick Douglass

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #137 on: December 10, 2016, 09:55:18 PM »
^^^

Well said, JT. I'm 68, was self-employed for a majority of my
worklife, paid thru the nose (15%) all those years ... that is
'Self Employment' tax to the SS. Today, I receive below 'average'
SS ... I am about the same as a MISS welfare recipient!
Luckily, I am still in good physical/mental shape for the forseeable
future and can keep up my little online business ... and my wife
is still working. I hope my luck holds out!

Offline JT Coyoté

• "REMEMBER THE ALAMO!"
« Reply #138 on: December 10, 2016, 11:53:18 PM »
^^^

Well said, JT. I'm 68, was self-employed for a majority of my
worklife, paid thru the nose (15%) all those years ... that is
'Self Employment' tax to the SS. Today, I receive below 'average'
SS ... I am about the same as a MISS welfare recipient!
Luckily, I am still in good physical/mental shape for the forseeable
future and can keep up my little online business ... and my wife
is still working. I hope my luck holds out!

Oh ya... me too.

I paid in for about 10 years when I became aware of the IRS/FICA scam... being self jobbed myself I stopped accepting 1099s absolved all W-4 and other contracts with the IRS and went below the radar. For any work I did I just told the folks that I would do the work for them for 75% and cash payment if they forego their tax claim on my goods and services... I still do that... The IRS has no clue who I am and I like it that way...

However, when I turned 65 I checked in with Soc. Sec. and they showed no pay-in by me after 1974, so, I would have to work for another 12 years on their rolls to qualify for full benefits... They then told me that since I was over 65 and disabled I did qualify for SSD... so I still get my 10 years of paying in back at 733.00 a month which is it most months these days.

JTCoyoté

"We shall have World Government, whether or not we
like it. The only question is whether World Government
will be achieved by conquest or consent."
~James Paul Warburg,
banker and son of Federal Reserve creator and Rothschild minion,
Paul Warburg, appearing before the Senate on the 7th of February 1950

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #139 on: December 31, 2016, 11:02:09 AM »

Welfare Recipients Will Be TICKED
When They Learn What These
2 States Just Moved to Ban

Welfare recipients might be able to buy only necessities with their government benefits in the near future if President-elect Donald Trump’s administration approves state requests to limit what items people can purchase with food stamps.

According to The Daily Signal, officials in both Maine and Arkansas planned to ask the Trump administration to prohibit the use of food stamps to buy unnecessary items such as candy.

President Barack Obama’s administration previously denied any requests of the sort, and welfare recipients have been able to purchase whatever junk food they desire instead of necessities.

In 25 states, the purchase of alcohol and tobacco is allowed using food stamps, another measure approved by the Obama administration.

But Mary Mayhew, commissioner of Maine’s  Department of Health and Human Services, told The Daily Signal that federal and state government should only provide what is necessary to those who claim they cannot afford food.

“What an individual with their own money that they earned chooses to buy is their prerogative. What a program known as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance — that is taxpayer funded — supports should be restricted and directed based upon the policy intent of the program,” Mayhew said.

“The food stamp program was originally created as temporary assistance for families with momentary times of need. And it shouldn’t be needed often,” Trump said. “Thankfully, 96 percent of America’s poor parents say their children never suffer even a day of hunger. But when half of food stamp recipients have been on the dole for nearly a decade, something is clearly wrong, and some of it has to do with fraud.”

√ CONTINUE: http://conservativetribune.com/welfare-2-states-moved-to-ban/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=ConservativeTribune&utm_content=2016-12-31&utm_campaign=manualpost

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #140 on: December 31, 2016, 11:09:57 AM »
" ... food stamp recipients spent $64,400,000 on the "subcategory"
called "potato chips" at this "leading U.S. grocery retailer" and
another $47,400,000 on the subcategory called "toritlla/nacho chips."

... chips & cokes. YUMMM!

Soft Drinks No. 1 Purchase by Food Stamp
Recipients; $357,700,000 From 1 Grocery Chain

Terence P. Jeffrey | November 22, 2016

(CNSNews.com) - Soft drinks were the top commodity bought by food stamp recipients shopping at outlets run by a single U.S. grocery retailer.

That is according to a new study released by the Food and Nutrition Service, the federal agency responsible for running the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as the food stamp program.

By contrast, milk was the top commodity bought from the same retailer by customers not on food stamps.

In calendar year 2011, according to the study, food stamp recipients spent approximately $357,700,000 buying soft drinks from an enterprise the study reveals only as “a leading U.S. grocery retailer.”

That was more than they spent on any other “food” commodity—including milk ($253,700,000), ground beef ($201,000,000), “bag snacks” ($199,300,000) or “candy-packaged” ($96,200,000), which also ranked among the top purchases.

√ CONTINUE: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/357700000-1-grocery-chain-soft-drinks-no-1-purchase-food-stamp

Offline One Revelator

« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2016, 02:14:39 PM »

Did you notice that the first 11 on that list are all blue/Dem states on the electoral map?

This explains everything.

OTOH, rent tends to be much higher in those states.
The number one cause of all human poverty, misery, and death is not global warming. It’s GLOBAL LYING.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2017, 07:50:09 PM »
“We are no longer going to measure compassion by
the number of people on these programs. We’re going
to measure compassion by how many people we can
get off these programs.”

Food Stamps Now Come With An Inconvenient
Requirement, Trump Admin. Curbs Freeloading

MATTHEW BERNSTEIN  - 25 MAY 2017

President Trump released his budget this week and, like everything else the Commander-in-Chief does, it set off a firestorm. Liberals slammed the budget for saying it’s completely against poor people.

In a way, it is against poor people, but only those that are incredibly lazy. If people want to have food stamps, they’re going to have to earn in. In what’s being called the “most ambitious welfare reform since the 1990s,” adults that don’t have children are going to have to work to earn these benefits.

By having that simple requirement, the budget would save an incredible $190 billion over the next decade, at least according to the Office of Management and Budget.

The president wrote, “We must reform our welfare system so that it does not discourage able-bodied adults from working, which takes away scarce resources from those in real need. Work must be the center of our social policy.”

The food stamp program has ballooned recently, with about 50 million people on them. That’s horrifying, considering that only 17 million Americans were on food stamps in 2000.

If that wasn’t clear enough, the budget director, Mick Mulvaney, made it undeniably clear: “If you’re on food stamps and you’re able-bodied, then we need you to go to work.”

https://teddystick.com/food-stamps-now-come-with-an-inconvenient-requirement-trump-admin-curbs-freeloading/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=AF&utm_campaign=Matthew

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2017, 07:30:42 AM »

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: June 10, 2017, 04:25:52 AM »

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator