NSA Data Mining - Prism Prison - Verizon - Snowden Whistleblower

Author Topic: NSA Data Mining - Prism Prison - Verizon - Snowden Whistleblower  (Read 22695 times)

Offline Valerius

Re: NSA Data Mining - Prism Prison - Verizon - Snowden Whistleblower
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »
Sure didn't take long for Mockingbird Media to turn this all into about the guy and not the substance.
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2013, 12:17:55 PM »
Willy Loman says this Edward Snowden is another Adam Kokesh/Koresh psy op.

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/

For those of you who don’t know, FACEBOOK isn’t just a company that agreed to help out the NSA under their Prism operation, it was created by the NSA and handed over to a couple of guys who played their part and cashed the checks. There have been very few major innovations in the tech world that didn’t come out of military and intelligence R&D over the past few decades, FACEBOOK is certainly no exception.
Edward Snowden is quickly becoming the FACEBOOK HERO of the year. Previous honorees were the likes of Malala (Global privatized education systems for the Middle East) and STOP KONY 2012 (recolonization of the whole of Africa for the benefit of 45 major corporations including Monsanto.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:26 PM »
It's interesting that Snowden worked for Booz Allen Hamilton - along with Dov Zakheim...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/06/09/edward-snowden-s-employer-booz-allen-hamilton-has-a-huge-pr-problem.html
Edward Snowden’s Employer, Booz Allen Hamilton, Has a Huge PR Problem
by  Daniel Gross  Jun 9, 2013 6:45 PM EDT  

The NSA leaker might have been a rogue Booz Allen Hamilton employee. But he made the company’s biggest client, the U.S. government, look terrible—and that can’t be good for business, says Daniel Gross.
Focus now will undoubtedly shift as well to Booz Allen, which has been a huge beneficiary of the boom in defense and national security contracting. The company is one of the many firms that hangs around the Beltway and hoovers up jobs large and small from government agencies. A for-profit company, it gets virtually all its revenues from the federal government. (It should not be confused with Booz & Co., the management consulting firm that was spun off as a separate entity in 2008.)

Booz Allen Hamilton’s major clients include, according to the company, “the Department of Defense, all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Intelligence Community, and civil agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Energy, the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of the Treasury, and the Environmental Protection Agency.” Among the things it helps these agencies do is “addressing complex and pressing challenges such as combating global terrorism, improving cyber capabilities, transforming the healthcare system, improving efficiency and managing change within the government, and protecting the environment.”

http://open.salon.com/blog/gordon_wagner/2010/07/19/dov_zakheim_retires_from_booz_allen_hamilton
JULY 19, 2010 12:53PM
Dov Zakheim retires from Booz Allen Hamilton

For those of you who don't know who Dov Zakheim is, let me refresh your memory. The ordained rabbi served as comptroller of the Pentagon from May 4, 2001, to March 10, 2004, when he resigned to go to Booz Allen Hamilton, a leading consulting firm.

I documented his days before, during and after his Pentagon stint, during which a total of $3.2 trillion went missing from Pentagon coffers, in an article for Online Journal, Following Dov Zakheim and Pentagon trillions to 9-11 and Israel, which you should all read in full.

In fact, the second loss of $2.3 trillion was announced on September 10, 2001, by Donald Rumsfeld and the story was buried the next day under the rubble of 9/11.

News of the dual Israel-US citizen/rabbi's retirement came to me from a reader in an email that contained Mr. Zakheim's retirement announcement above the original invitation from his sec EA (Executive Assistant).

As you read, Mr. Zakheim plans to stay politically active:
 "I plan to devote more of my time to writing on policy matters, especially international security issues; serving on boards; working with think tanks with which I have had decades-long relationships; and contributing to the important policy debates that will come to the fore in the years to come."

God help us. In his lucrative capacity at Booz Allen Hamilton, which I described as "one of the most prestigious strategy consulting firms in the world," "one of its clients then was Blessed Relief, a charity said to be a front for Osama bin laden. Booz Allen Hamilton then also worked closely with DARPA, the Defense Department Advanced Research Projects Agency, which is the research arm of the Department of Defense. So the dark card shifted to another part of the deck."
Bottom line, Mr. Zakheim was never questioned by the 911 Commission on his activities and beliefs, nor by the Department of Justice or any other government law enforcement or intelligence agency to the best of my knowledge. But one of the websites (located in the UK) in the article that showed the 767 aircrafts was asked by Mr. Zakheim's lawyers to take down the link. The lawyers said that "the information offended Mr. Zakheim." Well, his actions offend me.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline Valerius

« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »
With all this current stuff, I think we ought to remember the one corporate head who stood up to the government on our behalf over at Qwest and how he was subsequently hounded by the "government" and how he said that the big brother system began 6 months BEFORE 9/11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qwest#Refusal_for_NSA_spying
"No man can put a chain about the ankle of his fellow man without at last finding the other end fastened about his own neck."  -Frederick Douglass

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »

http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013/06/09/manufactured-hero-edward-snowden-take-to-the-streets-on-july-4th-in-washington-d-c/

"Now there is apparently another mass event being staged and Edward Snowden is giving it all the free press it needs.

He’s backing a plan, supposedly hatched on Reddit in the wake of the failure of the Adam Kokesh plan,

to put a bunch of people in Washington D.C. on the same day Adam was planning on.

At first glance, it would look like someone is “retooling” their script a bit, just sans Astroturf Adam.

Remember when I first wrote about this I made the connection between Adam’s little “Final Revolution” march

and a series of “leaks” that appeared right after his march was announced that seemed as if they were intended to piss off libertarian types."

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2013, 01:07:47 PM »

BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON

Check out this old Anti-Illuminati thread:

http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=91740.msg531576#msg531576
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline RollyPolly

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
"Willy Loman" like the rest of the MSM want the American people focusing on the man, not the message. Once they overload the media with news with about the man, they will then ask their brainless minions "Arent you tired of hearing about this guy?" or even roll him out as a Chinese spy. Whatever they have in the works, they want you focused on him and not what he is exposing.

The fact is he is only confirming what we've known all along and he is among a long line of whistleblowers who have spoken out like John Kiriakou, Russell Tice, Mark Klein, Wayne Madsen, Susan Lindauer and Sibel Edmonds.

worcesteradam

« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 01:33:38 PM »
Guy seems to have leaked a powerpoint presentation, best I can tell.
Wonder what so interested the msm in this guy

Offline chrisalfieri

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 01:36:00 PM »
this Salon piece gives the exact address of the NSA's mainland surveillance center.
If a crazed person decides to take violent actions, theyll blame this piece, and the press, instantly. Information casually passed like this, put into pieces taking a patriotic stand, is exactly the type of stuff we'd look back on and wish we would've noticed...maybe?

http://www.salon.com/2013/06/10/digital_blackwater_meet_the_contractors_who_analyze_your_personal_data/

Excerpt:
“The largest concentration of cyber power on the planet is the intersection of the Baltimore Parkway and Maryland Route 32,” says Michael V. Hayden, who oversaw the privatization effort as NSA director from 1999 to 2005. He was referring not to the NSA itself but to the business park about a mile down the road from the giant black edifice that houses NSA’s headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland. There, all of NSA’s major contractors, from Booz to SAIC to Northrop Grumman, carry out their surveillance and intelligence work for the agency.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 01:50:42 PM »
It's interesting that Snowden worked for Booz Allen Hamilton - along with Dov Zakheim...

http://open.salon.com/blog/gordon_wagner/2010/07/19/dov_zakheim_retires_from_booz_allen_hamilton
JULY 19, 2010 12:53PM
Dov Zakheim retires from Booz Allen Hamilton

For those of you who don't know who Dov Zakheim is, let me refresh your memory. The ordained rabbi served as comptroller of the Pentagon from May 4, 2001, to March 10, 2004, when he resigned to go to Booz Allen Hamilton, a leading consulting firm.

I documented his days before, during and after his Pentagon stint, during which a total of $3.2 trillion went missing from Pentagon coffers, in an article for Online Journal, Following Dov Zakheim and Pentagon trillions to 9-11 and Israel, which you should all read in full.

In fact, the second loss of $2.3 trillion was announced on September 10, 2001, by Donald Rumsfeld and the story was buried the next day under the rubble of 9/11.

News of the dual Israel-US citizen/rabbi's retirement came to me from a reader in an email that contained Mr. Zakheim's retirement announcement above the original invitation from his sec EA (Executive Assistant).

As you read, Mr. Zakheim plans to stay politically active:
 "I plan to devote more of my time to writing on policy matters, especially international security issues; serving on boards; working with think tanks with which I have had decades-long relationships; and contributing to the important policy debates that will come to the fore in the years to come."

God help us. In his lucrative capacity at Booz Allen Hamilton, which I described as "one of the most prestigious strategy consulting firms in the world," "one of its clients then was Blessed Relief, a charity said to be a front for Osama bin laden. Booz Allen Hamilton then also worked closely with DARPA, the Defense Department Advanced Research Projects Agency, which is the research arm of the Department of Defense. So the dark card shifted to another part of the deck."
Bottom line, Mr. Zakheim was never questioned by the 911 Commission on his activities and beliefs, nor by the Department of Justice or any other government law enforcement or intelligence agency to the best of my knowledge. But one of the websites (located in the UK) in the article that showed the 767 aircrafts was asked by Mr. Zakheim's lawyers to take down the link. The lawyers said that "the information offended Mr. Zakheim." Well, his actions offend me.

More on the little boy, Dov Zakheim:
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=42&st=0#entry1990552
Don't believe me. Look it up yourself!

The Great Deception - Forum/Library - My Research
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showforum=110

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
The reason you don't want someone peeping into your private life.

http://rollingout.com/politics/j-edgar-hoover-of-the-fbi-was-both-black-and-gay-historians-speak-out/

The Kennedy brothers were also targets of Hoover's electronic spying.
He kept large files of JFK's relentless womanizing and manipulated RFK into spying on Civil Rights leaders.

http://rollingout.com/politics/j-edgar-hoover-of-the-fbi-was-both-black-and-gay-historians-speak-out/

J. Edgar Hoover of the FBI Was Both Black and Gay? Historians Speak Out

Not that all Black Gay Imposters would use your indescretions against you. That is prejudiced thinking.

Online egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2013, 03:08:24 PM »
Peter King needs to go live in North Korea where he'll be happy.  America isn't the place for him.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2013, 03:10:42 PM »
Daniel Ellsberg says "Snowden did an enormous, incalculable service to the American people"

Edward Snowden outed as NSA whistleblower
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9fRivqsNk

PETER KING, YOU ARE A LOWLIFE, NOT A LEADER. YOU HAVE ZERO CREDIBILITY, AND THE ONLY WAY YOU KEEP GETTING REELECTED IS BECAUSE YOU SOLD YOUR SOUL TO YOUR FUNDERS (AND THEN SOLD THE AMERICAN PEOPLE OUT), LIKE MANY OF YOUR COMRADES. YOU NEED TO RESIGN! YOU ARE A DISGRACE!

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2013, 03:51:18 PM »
McLame knew the unPatriot act was UNconstitutional and FAILED to warn fellow lawmakers, they should have read the fine print - defends Patriot Act.... McLame blames himself for the loss of American freedom

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/06/09/senators-should-have-known-about-snooping-says-mccain/comment-page-3/

Senators should have known about snooping, says McCain
June 9th, 2013

11:37 AM ET(CNN) – Lawmakers who are now expressing outrage over the government’s surveillance of phone records and Internet activity should have paid closer attention when they were voting to reauthorize provisions in the Patriot Act, Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, said Sunday.

Reacting particularly to fellow Republican Sen. Rand Paul ’s assertion this week the programs amount to an “assault on the Constitution,” McCain told CNN chief political correspondent Candy Crowley that members of Congress had not been left in the dark on what powers to government has in monitoring Americans.

“The Republican and Democrat chairs, and ... members of the Intelligence Committee have been very well briefed on these programs,” McCain said.

“We passed the Patriot Act. We passed specific provisions of the act that allowed for this program to take place, to be enacted in operation. Now, if members of Congress did not know what they were voting on, then I think that that's their responsibility a lot more than it is the government's.”

http://whnt.com/2013/06/09/congressman-mo-brooks-sees-nsa-surveillance-as-breach-of-trust/
Congressman Mo Brooks Sees NSA Surveillance As Breach Of Trust
Posted on: 10:43 pm, June 9, 2013, by Daniela Perallon,

HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (WHNT) – In the days since information was leaked, that the National Security Agency obtained millions of Verizon customers’ phone records, lawmakers have spoken out for and against the national security efforts.

Congressman Mo Brooks has made it clear in the past that national defense and security is of the utmost importance. However, he believes the sweeping information grab by the federal government is cause for concern.

“We’re going to have more vigorous debate than we’ve ever had before between the type of info the NSA can acquire, versus a desire to protect NYC, or DC, or Redstone Arsenal from being subject to weapons of mass destruction,” said Brooks.

In the united states there is an ever-present tension between security and liberty, but when it comes to the National Security Agency’s acquisition of millions of American’s Verizon phone records, Brooks says another issue comes into play: trust.

“If they’re not going to tell us the truth on Benghazi and similar types of issues, it tends to undermine the trust that is necessary for we the people to bestow upon the Federal Government the type of information they demand,” said Brooks.

When Brooks returns to Washington, he hopes Congress will take action to limit the information available for scrutiny.

However, Senator John McCain has defended the NSA. Saying lawmakers have no ground to stand on, if they disapprove of the NSA’s actions.

“We passed the Patriot Act, we passed specific provisions of the act that allowed for this program to take place,” said McCain. “If members of Congress did not know what they were voting on, I say that’s their responsibility more than the government’s.”

Senator Rand Paul views the phone record seizure as such a breach of citizens’ privacy, that he has promised to file a class action lawsuit.
Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2013, 03:53:28 PM »
I haven't completely committed to the IDEA, but, this guy Edvard Snowden seems like crisis actor of a different sort.

I knew about Project Eshelon as a teenager.  http://www.nsawatch.org/echelonfaq.html
I learned about it from Jack Van Impe ministries on late night T.V.
That was a long time ago.

Toobin asks a great question here.

What, one wonders, did Snowden think the N.S.A. did?

EDWARD SNOWDEN IS NO HERO
POSTED BY JEFFREY TOOBIN

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/06/edward-snowden-nsa-leaker-is-no-hero.html

What, one wonders, did Snowden think the N.S.A. did? Any marginally attentive citizen, much less N.S.A. employee or contractor,
knows that the entire mission of the agency is to intercept electronic communications.
Perhaps he thought that the N.S.A. operated only outside the United States; in that case, he hadn’t been paying very close attention.
In any event, Snowden decided that he does not “want to live in a society” that intercepts private communications. His latter-day conversion is dubious.

What is Project ECHELON?

http://www.nsawatch.org/echelonfaq.html

The ECHELON system forms part of the UKUSA system but unlike many of the electronic spy systems developed during the cold war,
ECHELON is designed for primarily non-military targets: governments, organisations and businesses in virtually every country.
The ECHELON system works by indiscriminately intercepting very large quantities of communications and then siphoning out
what is valuable using artificial intelligence aids like Memex to find key words.
Five nations share the results with the US as the senior partner under the UKUSA agreement of 1947, Britain, Canada,
New Zealand and Australia are very much acting as subordinate information servicers.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2013, 04:21:09 PM »
 Is this a spy story? POLS & MSM are turning on this guy as if he is a traitor, he gave nothing up that puts lives at risk, military, clandestine ops, ZIP. 0000000000000
 This man exposed the elites domestic terror, right here, run by the inner Mafia crew. He is a man of honor.   The big dogs are pissing themselves and will carry tirade this on, hey this could start a a fad amongst our peons in gov related positions. The TRUTH scares these shiiitbags.
  Even China leaders stated, whats the big deal, they too have been charged with it.
This man is lit, I watched him being interviewed, I couldn't see a hint of BS, in fact I was impressed, he was spontanious, and direct.(.If more is going on I just don't see it)
   China and the USA, bedfellows since Mao, Nixon, & Henry.
A.P:
"He doesn't give any information that's of any particular use to China or that has a great deal of political utility," said David Zweig, an expert on Chinese politics at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: June 10, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
Daniel Ellsberg says "Snowden did an enormous, incalculable service to the American people"

reference see:

9/11/2001 Attacks Were An Inside Job > 9/11 Material & Research > The Cover-Up (Moderators: jimd3100, KiwiClare, shure) > Daniel Ellsberg Says that the Government Has ORDERED the Media Not to Cover 9/11

Air Force Colonel and key Pentagon official Karen Kwiatkowski – who blew the whistle on the Bush administration’s efforts to concoct false intelligence about Iraqi weapons of mass destruction – wrote  (page 26):

I have been told by reporters that they will not report their own insights or contrary evaluations of the official 9/11 story, because

to question the government story about 9/11 is to question the very foundations of our entire modern belief system regarding our government, our country, and our way of life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentagon_Papers
The Pentagon Papers ...

A 1996 article in the New York Times said that
the Pentagon Papers "demonstrated, among other things, that the Johnson Administration had systematically lied, not only to the public but also to Congress, about a subject of transcendent national interest and significance
The most damaging revelations in
the papers revealed that four administrations, from Truman to Johnson, had misled the public regarding their intentions .

Offline RollyPolly

« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2013, 04:24:35 PM »

POSTED BY JEFFREY TOOBIN

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/comment/2013/06/edward-snowden-nsa-leaker-is-no-hero.html

What is with these MSM and Government hacks and the word "Hero"?

At least Edward Snowden spoke out, the same can't be said about media hacks/government propagandists like Jeffery Toobin who are paid 7 figure salaries just to regurgitate government talking points.

Offline RollyPolly

« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2013, 04:25:26 PM »
"Willy Loman" like the rest of the MSM want the American people focusing on the man, not the message. Once they overload the media with news with about the man, they will then ask their brainless minions "Arent you tired of hearing about this guy?" or even roll him out as a Chinese spy. Whatever they have in the works, they want you focused on him and not what he is exposing.

The fact is he is only confirming what we've known all along and he is among a long line of whistleblowers who have spoken out like John Kiriakou, Russell Tice, Mark Klein, Wayne Madsen, Susan Lindauer and Sibel Edmonds.

How did I forget Bradley Manning?

Offline lee51

« Reply #99 on: June 10, 2013, 04:49:35 PM »
Snowden seems to have already disappeared! Let's hope he is okay.

http://www.latimes.com/news/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-snowden-gone-hong-kong-hotel-20130610,0,6912122.story

By Barbara Demick
June 10, 2013, 10:25 a.m.

BEIJING -- Edward Snowden, the 29-year-old contractor identified as the source of leaks about the U.S. electronic surveillance program, apparently checked out of his Hong Kong hotel at midday Monday, his destination and whereabouts unknown.

"We know he was here until today," said Cosmo Beatson, a Hong Kong-based refugee activist who heads an organization called Vision First.

Beatson said Monday night it is possible that Snowden boarded a plane from Hong Kong -- since there is no warrant for his arrest -- or was smuggled onto one of the many illegal speedboats smuggling people and goods between mainland Chinese and Hong Kong. “He’s very mobile.”

Britain's Guardian newspaper videotaped an interview with Snowden at the Hong Kong hotel, and posted it on Sunday. Since then, Snowden may have discovered that Hong Kong’s unique geopolitics made it a poor choice for seeking asylum.

Unlike China, the semiautonomous territory of Hong Kong has an extradition treaty with the United States that has been in place since January 1998. Although the treaty gives Beijing the right to veto an extradition on national security grounds, experts do not expect the Chinese government will want to confront Washington on Snowden’s behalf.

Neither the Hong Kong nor Chinese governments has made a formal comment about Snowden. But Regina Ip, a Hong Kong lawmaker and former security chief considered close to Beijing, told reporters Monday that the territory would be “obliged to comply with the terms of agreements” with the U.S. government.

"It's actually in his best interest to leave Hong Kong," she was quoted telling Singapore-based Channel News Asia.

In his interviews with the Guardian, Snowden said that he had chosen Hong Kong for its reputation as a bastion of free speech and human rights.

"Mainland China does have significant restrictions on free speech, but the people of Hong Kong have a long tradition of protesting in the streets, or making their views known," said Snowden in the videotaped interview. "The Hong Kong government is actually independent in relation to a lot of other Western governments."

The videotaped interview sent Hong Kong-based reporters scouring the city’s hotels, analyzing the curtains and lamps that appeared in the backdrop. In the video, Snowden said he was down the street from the U.S. consulate, but that appeared to be a red herring: the $200-a-night Hotel Mira across the harbor in Kowloon later confirmed that Snowden had been registered until Monday under his own name.

There have been several high-profile cases in which suspects have been extradited from Hong Kong, although in more conventional criminal disputes. A man later convicted of raping his daughter was returned to the U.S. in 2007; Albert Hu, a Silicon Valley hedge fund manager, was returned in 2009 to stand trial for allegedly defrauding investors.

U.S. citizens can enter Hong Kong without a visa, but are usually given stays of only 90 days. After that, Snowden would face deportation or extradition.

Despite the handover to China in 1997, the former British colony still follows a common-law tradition system modeled on the United Kingdom's. It does not extradite in death penalty cases unless capital punishment is waived.

"There are very strong guarantees of political and civil freedoms in Hong Kong, but there is a limit to its autonomy under the 'one country two systems' model, especially with respect to national defense and security," said Nicholas Bequelin, a Human Rights Watch researcher based in Hong Kong.

Hong Kong is a signatory to a 1992 U.N. convention that allows people subject to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment to apply for asylum. But according to Beatson, only four out of 12,500 claimants have been approved.

This is a terrible place to seek asylum. Nobody really seeks Hong Kong as a destination. Usually they are on their way somewhere else,"  Beatson said.

Among Snowden’s options would be to flee to Iceland, where he has supporters, or to Ecuador, whose embassy in London is sheltering Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

In the video, Snowden didn’t directly answer a question about whether he was trying to defect to China, although some Chinese are suggesting as much, if only to give the United States its comeuppance.

"Snowden is a real human rights activist! He is now in China’s territory, we must protect him. We should contribute to the world's human rights by resisting the pressure from the U.S.," wrote Wang Xiaodong, a Chinese writer and nationalist scholar.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #100 on: June 10, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »

At least Edward Snowden spoke out, the same can't be said about media hacks/government propagandists like Jeffery Toobin who are paid 7 figure salaries just to regurgitate government talking points.

Toobin asked a good question.. "What, one wonders, did Snowden think the N.S.A. did?"

I'm not saying that NSA is a lawful organization interested in your constitutional privacy.

Maybe Edward Snowden is showing latent Sovereign tendencies. It happens. He is the right age for that (29). 

Please don't ask me to believe he just recently discovered that NSA  was a (gasp!) SPY AGENCY.

You know, AJ  talks about people who work for totalitarians.

When they wake up and don't like the privilege that comes with "moral relaxation".

The Clinton ,Mao, Stalin, Cheney types just kill them as they cannot be trusted.

Same thing goes with the other side. Don't trust them.

Just because Snowden left and gave up some already common info that wasn't

some expression of love for Big Brother, don't put him on the effing Mount Rushmore Hero Monument waiting list.

This guy is alleged to have made his living by violating the 4th amendment.

How to get a Trojan Horse behind enemy lines:

"If he went to Iceland and started working withe the Information privacy movement there, I would believe he is sincere."

Don't Trust him!!

Offline RollyPolly

« Reply #101 on: June 10, 2013, 05:49:19 PM »
Toobin asked a good question.. "What, one wonders, did Snowden think the N.S.A. did?"

And my answer to Tubby Toobin is that argument doesn't fly far, the issue is not with the NSA spying, the issue is with the assertion that they are spying on Americans, without reason or court order and in violation of the 4th amendment.

For a so-called "legal expert" he should know better.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #102 on: June 10, 2013, 05:50:37 PM »

What is with these MSM and Government hacks and the word "Hero"?

With reference to Toobin's comments about Snowden. I would say to Toobin, IF YOU HAD ANY INTEGRITY, YOU WOULD NOT WORK FOR THE PROPAGANDA MACHINE CALLED CNN THAT AT ONE TIME MAY HAVE HAD A LITTLE RESPECT, BUT HAS NONE NOW! WHY? BECAUSE WE HAVE CAUGHT THEM LYING TO US REPEATEDLY AND COVERING SENSATIONAL STORIES RATHER THAN REAL THINGS THE PUBLIC SHOULD KNOW ABOUT.

SO, TOOBIN, PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT AND SHOW SOME INTEGRITY AND QUIT YOUR CUSHY JOB WITH CNN. THEN WE MAY THINK YOU HAVE SOME INTEGRITY.

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #103 on: June 10, 2013, 05:54:33 PM »
And my answer to Tubby Toobin is that argument doesn't fly far, the issue is not with the NSA spying, the issue is with the assertion that they are spying on Americans, without reason or court order and in violation of the 4th amendment.

The hired hands of MSM always attempt to divert from the real issues and reframe questions. It's what they are pathetically paid to do.

::)

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: June 10, 2013, 06:00:02 PM »
Interesting Snowden bio on voice of America which quotes the Guardian story - he's got a GED  - we really don't know who this guy is... Did the NSA (like the IRS with they're disclosure)  OUT themselves??? hmmm...
http://www.voanews.com/content/edward-snowden-high-school-dropout-to-intelligence-consultant/1678817.html
Edward Snowden: High School Dropout to Intelligence Consultant
The Guardian quoted the U.S. military as saying Snowden enlisted in the army reserve as a special forces recruit in May 2004 but did not complete the training and was discharged four months later.

Snowden told the paper that his military career was cut short after he "broke both his legs in a training accident."

The Guardian said Snowden got his first job as a security guard for the U.S. National Security Agency, or NSA, which assigned him to a covert facility at the University of Maryland.

The paper said Snowden's talent for computer programming helped him to move on to a job with the Central Intelligence Agency as an Information Technology security specialist. It says the CIA stationed him with diplomatic cover in Geneva, Switzerland by 2007. The CIA generally refuses to confirm or deny employment with the agency.

Snowden told the paper that he left the CIA in 2009 and took on several jobs as a private contractor for the NSA, including assignments at the computer company Dell and a U.S. military facility in Japan.

U.S. defense consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton said it hired Snowden earlier this year at an office in Hawaii. It said he had been employed for less than three months when he told reporters that he was the source of leaks on the U.S. surveillance programs.

worcesteradam

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2013, 06:05:31 PM »

The NSA has been spying on Americans since 911 and as far as i was aware doing so publicly.
In any event they can just ask GCHQ to do it for them if they need to.

So why is the issue NSA spying on Americans and why does the NSA doing it make this Snowden into somebody significant

Offline jofortruth

• The Great Deception
« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:07 PM »

Toobin asks a great question here.

POSTED BY JEFFREY TOOBIN

I don't think it was a good question at all. It was a question to direct from the real issue of snooping on the American people and doing it illegally and for a long time EVEN BEFORE 911. Can you say 1971 Project Echelon (so what was their excuse then? It is whatever they say it is.)
http://www.nsawatch.org/echelonfaq.html

Toobin, this part of your article shows you are very naive, at best, (See below) if you think any of these suggestions would get a fair hearing for a whistleblower. Did you see what they did to Sibel Edmonds? She tried right avenues initially and was treated like crap. I guess you haven't read her book or listened to her either. Right?
http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Deception/index.php?showtopic=10361

Have you noticed how the Obama administration goes after Whistleblowers? How Bush admin went after whistlebowers? How they are harassed? How some are killed? Others lose their jobs? Still others retaliated against?  You can't be that stupid to think this is the answer.  ::)

But our system offers legal options to disgruntled government employees and contractors. They can take advantage of federal whistle-blower laws; they can bring their complaints to Congress; they can try to protest within the institutions where they work. But Snowden did none of this.

Offline TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2013, 06:39:35 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/10/hong-kong-edward-snowden-asylum
Beyond Hong Kong: Edward Snowden's best options for asylum
Choice of Hong Kong as refuge is admired, but speculation remains that he could seek sanctuary in Iceland

Owen Bowcott, Alexandra Topping and Ed Pilkington in New York
The Guardian, Monday 10 June 2013 11.26 EDT   

Edward Snowden's choice of Hong Kong as a refuge from US retribution has been admired by some international lawyers – but it has not quelled speculation that he may seek asylum in another state, and activists in Iceland are making preparations should the whistleblower try to head there.

Birgitta Jónsdóttir, the Icelandic MP and open information campaigner who was centrally involved in the WikiLeaks disclosures, said she was lobbying Iceland's immigration services and interior ministry about possible asylum for Snowden. But she added the process would only seriously get under way once the NSA whistleblower made clear his intentions.

"This can't be processed until we hear from Snowden himself. We need to know exactly what he wants to do

Offline chris jones

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:41 PM »
 Icleand has an extradition treaty with the USA since 1906, feds could scoop him up.
The MSM and our political crew are going to play this down, what the general public doesn't consider is the fact private NSA contractors are on the books . Any information needed, think about it, banks, stocks, supercorps, credit companys, insurance, medical, whatever, it's a money market for the elites.      Sure as well as digging up info on every citizen domesticly.
 AS The regime sits back watching the reaction of the people, they then belly laugh, "nothing seems to bother these mungs".  Even the invasion of Iraq, a guiltless nation , genociding hundred of thousands didn't upset to many did it, this may be a  bother to  the majority but it won't be the final straw.
 Human nature, elites are masters in the art of mass manipulation. T, said it, we are getting suffocated with these abominations, FF's, wars, invasion, fighting Al Q and then funding them, its nuts, truly wonder if the floride/ kool aid/ etc.. has taken over.
 The halls of congress???? When I was a child I was a beleiver, it didn't take me long to grow up and smell the shiiite they were shoveling.
  I watched this fake P.King giving his oppinion, it pains me to see a souless bag of shiite.

Offline No2NWO

• "It's Just A Ride" ~ BH
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2013, 07:42:21 PM »
Contractor who leaked NSA files drops out of sight, faces legal battle

(Reuters) - A contractor at the National Security Agency who leaked details of top-secret U.S. surveillance programs dropped out of sight in Hong Kong on Monday ahead of a likely push by the U.S. government to have him sent back to the United States to face charges.

Edward Snowden, 29, who provided the information for published reports last week that revealed the NSA's broad monitoring of phone call and Internet data from large companies such as Google and Facebook, checked out of his Hong Kong hotel hours after going public in a video released on Sunday by Britain's Guardian newspaper.

The disclosures by Snowden have sent shockwaves across Washington, where several lawmakers called on Monday for the extradition and prosecution of the ex-CIA employee who was behind one of the most significant security leaks in U.S. history.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/06/10/us-usa-security-idUSBRE95910O20130610

How did low-level contractor gain access to NSA programs?

(CBS News) WASHINGTON -- Edward Snowden was a foot soldier in an army of contractors doing top-secret work for the National Security Agency. He was assigned to an NSA installation in Hawaii, although his employer was the technology consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton.

It is not unusual for contractors to have access to classified information. According to a report by the Director of National Intelligence, 483,000 contractors held top-secret clearances last year, compared to 791,000 government employees. Both go through the same background checks, a process which the report showed can take over a year.

What stunned officials about Snowden was that a low-level contractor could gain access to a number of disparate intelligence programs, each of them walled off behind levels of classification above his top-secret clearance.

Snowden's job was to ensure that classified computer networks were operating properly; that apparently allowed him to get past security barriers and browse at will.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57588619/how-did-low-level-contractor-gain-access-to-nsa-programs/
"BEAT THEM BY NEVER JOINING THEM" ~ No2NWO
Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions.

Offline chris jones

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »
 They will profile this man as a high school drop out, a nothing. Do you beleive that our NSA is this stupid, this young man was a very skilled, intelligent individual,offered a job that promised big money simply for using a computer.
 He was CIA, moved on to contracting. They have it all folks, not simply privacy, everything and it is being interconnected. They can develop scenarios any which way but loose.  The WH and their underlings will defend this using 911 as a base. BOXCUTTER AND CAVE DWELLERS, ARE THEY OUR ENEMY OR IS THE ENEMY IMBEBDED IN OUT SYTEM.
   Hey, protect this nation is necessary, but infiltration domesticly is against the 4th, they know it and are attacking it as well and the 2nd.
Don't depend on our congress, or Czars, WH, and MSM.
  JFK said, don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country, wake up the the bubble people, thats right, keep the truth imploding.

Offline fradus

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2013, 11:10:03 PM »
I cannot believe anyone has not called Edward Snowden a 'plant' or that this is false flag operation?
Plenty did so for Assange.

What I dont understand is why go to Hong Kong - wouldnt you go to Iceland first and foremost??
Vote 1 Julian Assange

Offline RollyPolly

« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »
I cannot believe anyone has not called Edward Snowden a 'plant' or that this is false flag operation?

As I see it, our masters want us focused on him and everything else in between and completely ignore the fact that they are spying on everyone but but but... it's not a big deal that they spy on everyone because ...clinton ...bush ...obama ...9/11 (wait, that one doesnt work anymore) and uhh... everyone already knew that they were spying on everyone so no big deal now shut up, go back to sleep, take your shots, eat your GMO and don't forget to check out the new xbox one gaming console.

Offline Valerius

« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2013, 11:31:48 PM »
Savage is calling him a hero. I was curious to see how he would break with this. Glad to see he's still keeping real.

Offline kendallter

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:52 PM »
I think Edward Snowden is a true American Hero, and if the CIA, FBI & the rest of our Idiot Government think we as we so called stupid Americans didn't already know all of what he leaked their worse than stupid the word ignorant doesn't come close to the Idiots running things, ya know I tried to make a comment on the FBI website and it just shuts down, anyone think their afraid of what we all think and want to tell them?. I do. We all need to stand up for Edward Snowden, he was there for us we need to be there for him...

Offline Sasha

• Sasha
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2013, 12:22:32 AM »
Koch Bros. Responsible for Verizon Data Mining?
June 10, 2013 - By Ian Tuttle
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/350637/koch-bros-responsible-verizon-data-mining-ian-tuttle

Ladies and gentleman, get out your flow charts. You’re going to need them for this one.

The Center for Public Integrity reports:

U.S. District Judge Roger Vinson, who signed an order requiring Verizon to give the National Security Agency telephone records for tens of millions of American customers, attended an expense-paid judicial seminar sponsored by a libertarian think tank that featured lectures from a vocal proponent of executive branch powers.

Of the 109 seminars hosted between 2008 and 2012, CPI’s “investigation” shows that 54 were co-sponsored by the Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation. Sponsors paid for judges’ air fare, accommodations, and meals.

“It’s unclear which lectures Vinson attended during the ‘Terrorism, Civil Liberty, & National Security’ seminar,” CPI says. But that does not keep the “watchdog” organization from a tenuous exercise in dot-connecting. By CPI’s account, Judge Vinson signed off on the Verizon order because he attended a lecture on the Koch brothers’ dime.

Then again, that’s the top-notch investigatory work one might expect from an outlet financed by George Soros and Arianna Huffington.
Morality is contraband in war.
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Valerius

« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2013, 12:43:13 AM »
Misread thread title.

Savage is calling Snowden a hero.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2013, 05:45:40 AM »
Journalist in US surveillance case: More to come

http://news.yahoo.com/journalist-us-surveillance-case-more-come-050921834.html

Greenwald told The Associated Press the decision was being made on when to release the next story based on the information provided by
Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old employee of government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton who has been accused by
U.S. Senate intelligence chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California of committing an "act of treason" that should be prosecuted.

From the comments section:

Obama's 2008 comments on whistleblowers below. Pay attention to the last sentence.

"Often the best source of information about waste, fraud, and abuse in government is an existing government employee committed to public integrity and willing to speak out. Such acts of courage and patriotism, which can sometimes save lives and often save taxpayer dollars, should be encouraged rather than stifled as they have been during the Bush administration. We need to empower federal employees as watchdogs of wrongdoing and partners in performance. will strengthen whistleblower laws to protect federal workers who expose waste, fraud, and abuse of authority in government. "
26 Replies

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2013, 08:04:41 AM »

Greenwald says there are
dozens of more stories to
come from the SNOWDEN PAPERS:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Journalist in US surveillance case: More to come

June 11, 2013 01:49 AM EST

HONG KONG — The journalist who exposed classified U.S. surveillance programs leaked by an American defense contractor said Tuesday that there will be more `significant revelations' to come from the documents.

"We are going to have a lot more significant revelations that have not yet been heard over the next several weeks and months," said Glenn Greenwald of The Guardian.

Greenwald told The Associated Press the decision was being made on when to release the next story based on the information provided by Edward Snowden, a 29-year-old employee of government contractor Booz Allen Hamilton who has been accused by U.S. Senate intelligence chairwoman Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California of committing an "act of treason" that should be prosecuted.

Greenwald's reports last week exposed widespread U.S. government programs to collect telephone and Internet records.

"There are dozens of stories generated by the documents he provided, and we intend to pursue every last one of them," Greenwald said.

Snowden's whereabouts were not immediately known on Tuesday, although he was believed to be staying somewhere in Hong Kong.

No charges have been brought and no warrant has been issued for the arrest of Snowden.

READ HERE ~~~> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20130611/as-phone-records-journalist/

St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline Constitutionary

« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2013, 08:08:46 AM »
What has Snowden told us that Alex hasn't covered since 2000 ?

Nice of the mainstream media to catch up,

Next week the North American Union, plot thwarted, and FEMA Camps exposed.   ;) :D