Antivirus mogul John McAfee to run for president as member of “Cyber Party” [Upd

Author Topic: Antivirus mogul John McAfee to run for president as member of “Cyber Party” [Upd  (Read 1747 times)

Offline Geniocrat

Antivirus mogul John McAfee to run for president as member of “Cyber Party” [Updated]

On Tuesday, John McAfee, best known for founding the eponymous software firm McAfee Security (to which is he no longer affiliated), filed paperwork (PDF) with the Federal Election Commission announcing his intent to run for the office of President of the United States.

Further Reading

The bizarre tale of John McAfee, spymaster

75 laptops, 29 "pillow talk" operatives, and one crazy gringo.
In an interview with Wired which was posted earlier today, McAfee said that he was “still in a quandary about whether to run myself or find someone else for my party.”

“My advisors are pressing me to run,” the self-described “eccentric millionaire” told the magazine.

It seems as though the unnamed advisors won out by the end of the day.

In his filing, McAfee stated “I am founding a new party yet to be announced.” Ars contacted McAfee for clarification, who directed us to send questions to his campaign manager, Drew Thompson. “I believe you will get little information until our platform is fully outlined,” McAfee told us.

Update 9pm ET: Thompson told Ars by e-mail that McAfee is running as a member of the "Cyber Party."

"In terms of ideology and aims, it is not really related to any existing party," he said in the e-mail.

McAfee is expected to make a statement tomorrow, Thompson added.

In his interview with Wired this morning, McAfee cited government's technological illiteracy as a primary motivation in his decision to run for the US' highest elected office.

Just three years ago, McAfee was arrested in Guatemala for allegedly “entering the country illegally” after authorities in Belize wanted to question him in their investigation of a murder case. (The police in Belize told reporters that McAfee was not a suspect.) McAfee then showed up months later in Portland, Oregon, where he said he was working on a graphic novel with a local artist.

The new presidential candidate listed an Alabama address on his FEC filing.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2015/09/antivirus-mogul-john-mcafee-makes-his-bid-to-run-for-president-official/

Offline Geniocrat

I wish more scientists and engineers would get into politics but I am not sure if America would get behind him and this new Cyber-Party.

?
 :o

EvadingGrid

The Pirate Party is getting bigger and spreading world wide.

John McAfee is a smart man, and so I am confident he has made a calculated decision to run under the name Cyber Party for an American audience.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirate_Party
Pirate Party is a label adopted by political parties in different countries. Pirate parties support civil rights, direct democracy and participation in government, reform of copyright and patent law, free sharing of knowledge (open content), information privacy, transparency, freedom of information, anti-corruption and network neutrality.[1]

It breaks out of the Left v Right, and also the Liberty v Tyranny . . . it has the potential to appeal to anybody who uses the internet !

Offline Optimus

• Globalist Destroyer
  • Global Moderator
    • GlobalGulag.com
McAfee may have good intentions, but he does not meet the Constitutional requirement of being a natural born citizen. He was born in the UK and holds dual citizenship.
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,
it's an instrument for the people to restrain the government.” – Patrick Henry

>>> Global Gulag Media & Forum <<<

EvadingGrid

McAfee may have good intentions, but he does not meet the Constitutional requirement of being a natural born citizen. He was born in the UK and holds dual citizenship.

Not anymore, ask Obama  :o