Do You Know What 'The Wall' Is?

Author Topic: Do You Know What 'The Wall' Is?  (Read 19750 times)

Offline dragonmonkey

Re: Do You Know What 'The Wall' Is?
« Reply #80 on: January 05, 2017, 01:14:12 AM »
You are a Trouble Maker. PERIOD. Go Back To Face Book...that is where ya belong.

...as for THE WALL...it means a WALL!!!

...OH and PS---Stop your Filthy Mouth!

and as for  " THE WALL " it means a " WALL !!! "

so what ?

in fact i should have said exactly that in response to the original poster, been like yes i know what THE WALL means, IT MEANS IT'S A WALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and then said something like, nazi baby eating brain washing conspiracy and then posted a random youtube link. probably would have gotten me a ton of likes had i done that instead.

as for facebook, im not a giant fan of it. it is rather boring compared to here.

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2017, 02:27:09 AM »
The original thread starter has serious mental issues.
She needed to go back to GLP (godlikeproductions forum)
where she no doubt got banned from.   It's always so ugly
when someone stops taking their meds and ends up on
some forum totally wacko.  And some people, yes they do need meds.

dragonmonkey, you're almost starting to sound like her.  Is there
anything you'd like to talk about?  I know from another post you made
you're frustrated about being unemployed.  Search the craigslist in your
area, a lot of jobs these days are only being advertised on craigslist, including
DOT / HAZMAT  licensed truck drivers.   Then there's other sections on craigslist
for employment options.   I hope things get better for you job wise.  It's a new year,
don't let the baggage from last year filter into this year in your personal life.

Be Prepared

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2017, 02:58:26 AM »
And for those who truly know me, they will agree, this is the wall -

Be Prepared

Offline pac522

• Peace sells, but who's buying?
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2017, 09:25:53 AM »
your show , not mine, i was just flipping through the channels.

The second you interjected you became an intimate part of it. Open mouth, insert foot.
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Truth is the currency of love. R[̲̅ə̲̅٨̲̅٥̲̅٦̲̅]ution!

We are all running on Gods laptop.
The problem is the virus called the Illuminati.  ~EvadingGrid

The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2017, 10:47:22 AM »
meh but then ya gotta figure out where you stand in the mix of things.  ya got to work a lot harder if you are trying to get under my skin.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2017, 10:48:40 AM »

area, a lot of jobs these days are only being advertised on craigslist, including
DOT / HAZMAT  licensed truck drivers.   Then there's other sections on craigslist
for employment options.   I hope things get better for you job wise.  It's a new year,
don't let the baggage from last year filter into this year in your personal life.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #86 on: January 05, 2017, 10:57:24 AM »

sorry for the double post, hit post too fast, and just realized there is no edit feature....

there was really no reason for me to even stir this thread, i originally was just curious and  that was it, it was interesting to see how one person got wound up so quick and decided to escalate or at lest try to with me.  I was never attacking the original poster, but anyhow people get offended and then want to have the last jab, i've been there n done that. Being unemployed does suck big time, an I am working on a fresher start for the new year. Some people deff do need meds, there is no shame in that.

Online EvadingGrid

• Truthers are not Trumpers
    • Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #87 on: January 05, 2017, 12:44:32 PM »
This discussion is about 2,500 years old.

Here is a 5 minute explanation for Kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWOpQXTltA

The actual Wall is completely irrelevant.

This is like reading a review of the new star wars movie, that only discusses the sliver coating on the projection screen.
“Hey, I’m a nationalist and a globalist”
-- Donald Trump

Article : "A Limited Hangout Operation ?"

Offline pac522

« Reply #88 on: January 05, 2017, 12:46:59 PM »
meh but then ya gotta figure out where you stand in the mix of things.  ya got to work a lot harder if you are trying to get under my skin.

You came in here chastising me. I'm just giving you the point of fact. I may not be Ivy League educated but I know bullshit when I see it.

And you're piling it up here.

After you chastised me you said you didn't think the original OP was a troll, yet you also admit that you didn't understand what he meant, then you said you could give a rats ass about people personally but you want to poke them just to see where you stand.

It's stacking up, I'll get you a shove soon, so you can then dig yourself a hole in it.

Maybe you can then use it to tunnel under the wall.
This country did not achieve greatness with the mindset of "safety first" but rather "live free or die".

Online EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #89 on: January 05, 2017, 12:50:58 PM »
Sorry for shouting in 36pt font....

But this is getting idiotic.
-- Donald Trump

Offline pac522

« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2017, 01:21:38 PM »

But this is getting idiotic

Fixed and agreed.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2017, 01:25:11 PM »

But this is getting idiotic.
Sir EG; you are always Spot On...Luv it mate...and may I add the term: 'Moronic"  8)

...so, so, it's so hard to figure out the word: WALL?

What about ;WINDOW?

Well I open mine for Fresh Air ...and that is what this post needs  ::)
"When the Truth was murdered:
Common Sense ran away..."

Offline -Q-

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2017, 01:32:50 PM »
This discussion is about 2,500 years old.

Here is a 5 minute explanation for Kids.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RWOpQXTltA

The actual Wall is completely irrelevant.

This is like reading a review of the new star wars movie, that only discusses the sliver coating on the projection screen.

You miss the point somewhat.

The fact that the question refers to the wall within Plato's Cave is clear from the OP, where he directly quotes it, but simply realizing this does not answer the question, nor does one 'explanation' (there are a great many) of The Cave answer the question about the wall, although it does serve to frame it.

Whether the questioner realized it or not, this is actually quite a deep question.

My interpretation of the wall, from a few posts back, is of 'the prison we make for ourselves', but there are probably as many interpretations of the wall in PLato's Cave as there are writers on the subject. The fact is that there is no 'explanation' as such, only interpretations, so to re-frame the original question, what is yours?

Online EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2017, 02:00:46 PM »
I t would be more profitable to ask questions concerning everything except for the actual wall.

Who are the prisoners ?
Who projects the images onto the wall ?
What are the images on the wall ?

How about what happens when one of the prisoners escapes, sees the nature of reality, and comes back to inform the other prisoners.

How about discussing "Theory of Forms" or do Ideas represent reality - if so how and are they accurate ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato#Theory_of_Forms

The theory of Forms (or theory of Ideas) typically refers to the belief that the material world as it seems to us is not the real world, but only an "image" or "copy" of the real world. In some of Plato's dialogues, this is expressed by Socrates, who spoke of forms in formulating a solution to the problem of universals. The forms, according to Socrates, are archetypes or abstract representations of the many types of things, and properties we feel and see around us, that can only be perceived by reason (Greek: λογική). (That is, they are universals.) In other words, Socrates was able to recognize two worlds: the apparent world, which constantly changes, and an unchanging and unseen world of forms, which may be the cause of what is apparent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_(Plato)
-- Donald Trump

Offline pac522

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2017, 02:25:54 PM »
The wall is your mind. It's the mental block you get when your perception isn't quite what it should be.

Offline -Q-

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2017, 02:31:12 PM »
I t would be more profitable to ask questions concerning everything except for the actual wall.

Who are the prisoners ?
Who projects the images onto the wall ?
What are the images on the wall ?

How about what happens when one of the prisoners escapes, sees the nature of reality, and comes back to inform the other prisoners.

How about discussing "Theory of Forms" or do Ideas represent reality - if so how and are they accurate ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato#Theory_of_Forms

The theory of Forms (or theory of Ideas) typically refers to the belief that the material world as it seems to us is not the real world, but only an "image" or "copy" of the real world. In some of Plato's dialogues, this is expressed by Socrates, who spoke of forms in formulating a solution to the problem of universals. The forms, according to Socrates, are archetypes or abstract representations of the many types of things, and properties we feel and see around us, that can only be perceived by reason (Greek: λογική). (That is, they are universals.) In other words, Socrates was able to recognize two worlds: the apparent world, which constantly changes, and an unchanging and unseen world of forms, which may be the cause of what is apparent.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_(Plato)

The wall, and the images which sometimes appear on it, is the prisoners' only view of reality, so it is centrally important. The allegory can be applied to many scenarios at different levels, so how the other elements are cast depends on how it is being applied. For example it can be applied to the truth movement quite readily since there is a great deal of guessing and speculating as to the nature of shadows..

The escape scenario is discussed in the allegory, including the conclusion that the remaining prisoners would violently reject what the returnee is saying. Various elements of 'The Matrix' were based on this allegory, including the idea that 'the matrix cannot be explained but must be experienced'. In the case of the matrix, this is probably untrue since there is a common frame of reference between the real world and the matrix; but for the cave the prisoners have no frame of reference for the explanation of the real world so are unlikely to be able to process it.

The theory of Forms is very interesting, and the most readily accessible example imo is that of a circle. The idea is that there is no such thing as a perfect circle in the 'real world' - there will always be imperfections however small; the perfect circle can only exist in reason, or perception.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2017, 02:46:32 PM »
-Q-;EG; pac522: you have added The Fresh Air of the Opened Window---Thanks Mates  8) and I agree: 'It is the prison in your own mind!'

Online EvadingGrid

• Trump Bot Free Zone
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2017, 02:51:58 PM »
The wall, and the images which sometimes appear on it, is the prisoners' only view of reality, so it is centrally important. The allegory can be applied to many scenarios at different levels, so how the other elements are cast depends on how it is being applied. For example it can be applied to the truth movement quite readily since there is a great deal of guessing and speculating as to the nature of shadows..

The escape scenario is discussed in the allegory, including the conclusion that the remaining prisoners would violently reject what the returnee is saying. Various elements of 'The Matrix' were based on this allegory, including the idea that 'the matrix cannot be explained but must be experienced'. In the case of the matrix, this is probably untrue since there is a common frame of reference between the real world and the matrix; but for the cave the prisoners have no frame of reference for the explanation of the real world so are unlikely to be able to process it.

The theory of Forms is very interesting, and the most readily accessible example imo is that of a circle. The idea is that there is no such thing as a perfect circle in the 'real world' - there will always be imperfections however small; the perfect circle can only exist in our minds, or rather in our minds we are able to perceive the perfect circle wherever it actually exists. A similar idea is put forward by David Bohm in his theories about the implicate and explicate order..

Thank You.

The wall is the medium upon which the prisoners perceive reality.
Its the different realities, the shadow of a circle is cast by the idea as the master mold.
But as you said, on the wall the shadow of the circle will always be imperfect - even though it might be cast by a perfectly round object.

As for the comparison to the motion picture, its a very valid observation that might make the subject a little bit more accessible.
-- Donald Trump

Offline pac522

« Reply #98 on: January 05, 2017, 03:04:18 PM »
-Q-;EG; pac522: you have added The Fresh Air of the Opened Window---Thanks Mates  8) and I agree: 'It is the prison in your own mind!'

This is why Roger Waters, The Wall is relevant in this conversation. Masterfully done allegory, in what happens mentally to a disillusioned Rock Star.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #99 on: January 05, 2017, 05:39:22 PM »
You came in here chastising me. I'm just giving you the point of fact. I may not be Ivy League educated but I know bullshit when I see it.

And you're piling it up here.

After you chastised me you said you didn't think the original OP was a troll, yet you also admit that you didn't understand what he meant, then you said you could give a rats ass about people personally but you want to poke them just to see where you stand.

It's stacking up, I'll get you a shove soon, so you can then dig yourself a hole in it.

Maybe you can then use it to tunnel under the wall.

k just for clarification so i can properly apologize to you, can you please just quote me specifically when i some how out of thin air pulled your name from the sky and decided to " chastise " you,  you are the one who decided to open a can of worms first. the shovel and hole is yours. if you wana keep playing games i dont care, but dont get butt hurt pretending i went out of my way to find you and start trouble with you. if you decided to make a response to me personally about a comment i made in this thread, and then get your panties in a wad once i reply back, that is on you, not me, prehaps just ignore comments ya dont like, and then ya wont get so agitated and wound up over nothing.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »
Thank You.

Its the different realities, the shadow of a circle is cast by the idea as the master mold.
But as you said, on the wall the shadow of the circle will always be imperfect - even though it might be cast by a perfectly round object.

As for the comparison to the motion picture, its a very valid observation that might make the subject a little bit more accessible.

so we went from a border wall between the US an Mexico, to something Plato did in a cave and or something in regards to a movie.

I just imagine this conversation taking place in a poetry corner some where, with hipsters ga lore , partaking in legalized marijuana ,  talking about the exact same thing, and saying to someone who doesn't get it, maaaaaan you need to wake up man, like read some plato , watch this movie, open your mind, and then everyone around snaps their fingers in approval of said comment.

I still see no reason to pin this thread. An i cant join in on the hipster reindeer games.

But please keep the font screaming and accusations coming. Makes for good views on the thread for drama reading.

Offline pac522

« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2017, 05:49:56 PM »
k just for clarification so i can properly apologize to you, can you please just quote me specifically when i some how out of thin air pulled your name from the sky and decided to " chastise " you,  you are the one who decided to open a can of worms first. the shovel and hole is yours. if you wana keep playing games i dont care, but dont get butt hurt pretending i went out of my way to find you and start trouble with you. if you decided to make a response to me personally about a comment i made in this thread, and then get your panties in a wad once i reply back, that is on you, not me, prehaps just ignore comments ya dont like, and then ya wont get so agitated and wound up over nothing.

Your perception is off.

2 ways, meaning that it goes both ways, remember.

I have no butthurt, I was only showing you that you get what you give, but somehow that concept went over your head, probably too simplistic for you, I apologize.

I should have thought as much, since making a connect between the Plato and Roger Waters was too deep for you to understand. I'm sorry if my posts don't spoon feed you the pablum you crave.

I only tried to provoke thought and imagination.

Sorry if it wasn't to your standards.

I've tried twice now to steer this back on topic, seems you have other ideas.

Tag youre it.

Offline dragonmonkey

« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2017, 06:34:33 PM »
 no no, tag you're it.

Offline pac522

« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
no no, tag you're it.

You're right, I'm wrong, I accept your apology. I took the shovel I was going to give you, and buried the hatchet that was going to come along with it.

Mental block over.

Back on topic.

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »

... I'd say the wall (as in Plato's Cave) is the
TV/Movie/Computer screen ... For most people
at this late date, electronic media, just like those
shadows on the cave wall manipulated by the
hidden puppeteers, truly is the only reality they know.
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."

Offline -Q-

« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2017, 07:29:18 PM »

This is not an outlandish idea. While people obviously have other sources of reality in their lives, these other sources increasingly need to be validated by their device in some way.

Thank You.

Yes, but only within the context of the literal story of prisoners in the cave. When the allegory is applied however, the wall (and the shadows cast on it) is a representation of perception and therefore not of the real world, so the image of a circle would not be imperfect (according to Forms).

This is why Roger Waters, The Wall is relevant in this conversation. Masterfully done allegory, in what happens mentally to a disillusioned Rock Star.

I agree, Pink Floyd's The Wall has allegories within allegories, and is a great album as well.

Offline iamc2

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2017, 07:35:09 AM »

JH: Deep thoughts and they make perfect sense in this day and age  8)...I have warned folks for YEARS to stay away from 'The Technological Illusion'.

...as for me No Cell Phone and I only write on Prison Planet Forum and Global Gulag...I use the computer for research, plus I have written 3 books and I use the Boob Tube for Si-Fi...as this is what the NWO is really up to...

Offline Jackson Holly

• It's the TV, stupid!
    • JACKSON HOLLY'S OLD HOME PLACE
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2017, 07:50:48 AM »

George Orwell warned us in Nineteen Eighty-Four. He laid it out in the clearest possible English. The last half of the twentieth century would see the birth of the profane, dystopian technocratic new age so enthusiastically rhapsodized throughout the first half. I am not sure, though, that Orwell could grasp, from his relatively low-tech, mid-century, war-torn perspective its monstrous, interwoven esoteric nature. Was he, the Eton graduate, aware of the secret cabal of overlords? 

Orwell’s prophecy foresaw the rise of a flagrant, unbridled, technology-driven, totalitarian regime intent on bludgeoning the population into submission, a vision no doubt colored by the horrific events of his day. It turns out, though, that the regime of the ‘new dawn’ is not so flagrant as it is hidden, that is to say occult, and not so intent on bludgeoning as cajoling and hoodwinking the population ... although bloody human sacrifice remains one of their favored amusements for fun and profit.

In this regard Magister Huxley’s Brave New World more accurately describes the millennial dispensation and its use of drugs, sex, mind control and misdirection to induce the people to ‘love their enslavement’. We are manipulated and programmed, sweet-talked and seduced, entertained to death. We are seeing the bread-and-circuses concept played out on a Biblical scale.

There is certainly nothing new about the ruling class pulling the wool-of-maya over the eyes of the people to engender their subservience, as they exploit them and orchestrate the historical narrative to suit the purpose of the Nobility. However, what we have seen in the last two hundred years ... since the French Revolution in fact ... is breathtaking in its chutzpah. The recklessness, the audacity of aristocratic intrigue will leave you speechless.

When you study between the lines of the chronicled  ethos of that period just passed, you are overcome by the sweeping presence of the hidden hand, the arcane marionette. Plato, in the character of Socrates, spoke eloquently in The Republic of this puppet master in his ‘cave allegory’.

Plato likens mankind to a group of prisoners confined to a deep, dark cave at birth, never seeing the light of day. They are bound in such a way as to be able only to see straight ahead a wall onto which are projected shadows by someone directly behind them, just out of their field of vision, shadows which are the only reality they know. If man is successful in his attempts to break those shackles and to discover the hidden puppet master, the arbiter of his false reality, then he can obtain freedom and enlightenment. He walks tall, poised and self-assured past the exposed and trembling sorcerer into the light of a fresh new day.

What I aim to describe here is the dark cave of a defective consciousness, the heart of darkness of a lost soul, and the discovery of that point of prime focus in one’s psyche where truth is sharply revealed and the darkness melts away, when that unclean spirit of the half-truth fails in its seduction.

The zeitgeist of the age just passed, conjured by the ruling families and their social engineer puppeteers, was a nihilistic shadow spirit, life-denying and godless, glorifying the mechanical as it sought to deify man. It was vampiric, sucking the blood out of creation. It was a demoralized solipsism, de-constructing the edifice of man’s ethical and virtuous self. It was a dogmatic dark age of unrepentant humanistic narcissism, self-worship and the renunciation of common sense and decency.

Western man was the stooge in this cosmic 200 year extended sleight-of-hand illusion ... Darwin, Marx, Nietzsche, Sartre. This falsehood manifested in all his institutions ... social, cultural, political, religious, academic ... it permeated his existence ... a disjointed reality drained of its vital force.

The ‘Industrial Age’ of the 19th Century, with its delusions of human grandeur, its mechanical universe and its phantom, old-world Masonic-styled ‘freedoms’ and ‘rights of man’, easily morphed into 20th Century millennial, full spectrum dominance. Technology exploded like an atom bomb. The hidden hand was suddenly equipped with awesome new weapons of war and illusion and deception. When they saw those first grainy, flickering images on that first, primitive cathode ray tube ... they knew that they had us by the balls ... they knew that they could set the capstone ... that the Novus Ordo Seclorum was to be a reality.

The groundwork on the various inventions which together became known as ‘television’ transpired during the first three decades of the century ... it was a big hit at the ’39 World’s Fair for instance. However, the roll out had to wait until the late ‘40s, after the carnage, known as World War II, was ended. That blood bath, by the way, was perpetrated by many of the same entities developing TV ... RCA, GE, Bell, Raytheon, Westinghouse, etc ... those same ‘corporations’ which had by that time already become the technology wing of the ‘military/industrial complex’ ... also known as the Anglo/American Empire.

I was born in 1948, a member of that first TV generation. I saw it all from the beginning, TV’s inaugural projected shadow universe, which, though rudimentary and unsophisticated, was, nonetheless, bewitching and powerfully hypnotic. I do not wish to give a full history of Hollywood and the ‘Religion of Television’ here, the predictive programming, the societal stage managing, the historical narrative invented from whole cloth ... I wish only to allude to its incalculable effectiveness as a tool of psychological manipulation and its parallel to Plato’s Cave Allegory. For most people at this late date, electronic media truly is the only reality they know.....

I believe the ... uh, let’s just call them the ‘controllers’ ... realized from the start the power they now possessed, to take mankind and civilization wherever they wished. I believe they resorted to the age-old modus operandi of the secret societies, often described now as ‘think tanks’, to formulate and implement their various plans of action. I believe the controllers consist of Royalty, Nobility and other super-wealthy families in all the commercial and criminal endeavors, especially ‘banking’, ‘high tech’ and ‘food & drug’ .

Throughout the 1950s in the US the new system proved its effectiveness as a psy-ops weapon, this pulpit, this cave hearth for the elite priesthood, spinning the web of false history and specious metaphysical doctrine. Then, in November 1963, with stunning success, the controllers executed their first big trial  of the weapon ... the selling of the Kennedy murder as happenstance, a coincidence theory, if you will ... an isolated act by a deranged ‘lone gunman’, the kind of thing we should expect more of, they implied, in our godless, blind watchmaker universe.

©J. Holly
St. Augustine: “The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it.
Let it loose; it will defend itself."