Generation Nonsense: Over-entertained, Under-educated, And Distracted

Author Topic: Generation Nonsense: Over-entertained, Under-educated, And Distracted  (Read 1815 times)

Offline PUPAGANDA

• Red Baron
Here is an article that I believe fans would identify with.

By Kurt Louder

It is easy to statistically measure the effects of bad nutritional consumption, knowing one out of three children in the U.S. are considered overweight or obese. But how do we calculate the effects of an unhealthy diet of the mind? How do we measure mental nutrition?

Today it is very popular for people to focus on the importance of what children eat and how nutrition is important for the proper development of their bodies. The effects of junk food are substantial in a child’s life. Yet not enough attention is directed toward what is being fed to the minds of our youth. Meaningless entertainment, instead of judicious messages, dominates today. A constant barrage of nonsense influences children. The media resorts to cartoons that portray vomit as entertainment, books with intentionally poor grammar about an underwear-wearing super hero, and repugnant stories about a farting dog, highlighting and celebrating stupidity and meaningless trivia that hold absolutely no importance in life.

This is what many refer to as “Mind Garbage.” An immature ploy of “potty humor” seems to have replaced witty humor. Junk food for the mind is unquestionably accepted and often used as a distraction for children because of parents’ busy and stressful lives. Bored and unmotivated children tend to desire entertainment over engagement in learning. In today’s Age of Information true knowledge is scarce, and children are overwhelmed with foolish stories based on mindless material with little or no value.
Keeping reading here:
http://www.boredpanda.com/generation-nonsense-over-entertained-under-educated-and-distracted-2/
Almost our entire world now is a hoax! Everything you know as Truth...is Fake.

EvadingGrid

Not posted on http://pupaganda.com ?

Offline Geniocrat

Dumb them down now....

Get them to the FEMA Camps later....

Be the future Homo Sapien Cattle to the Homo Capensis Rancher....

Offline PUPAGANDA

• Red Baron
No more Pupaganda.com

I have decided to reach out to the youth and educate from within the mainstream.
Almost our entire world now is a hoax! Everything you know as Truth...is Fake.

Offline gregtuco

Re: Generation Nonsense: Over-entertained, Under-educated, And Distracted
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 03:04:53 AM »
Huge props to you for your children's book on boredpanda.com. (I am also an illustrator/writer trying to break into children's picture books). Though, I'm not sure it will be real popular with the Common Core Nazis. Sorry, don't mean to be negative :)

One of the biggest crimes that I see in public education is all of this crap that they sell to kids about "following your dream", and at the same time teach them absolutely nothing that will help them to achieve this. As a matter of fact, they do a better job of boring the creativity and imagination right out of them by teaching them how to be obedient little government-loving "world citizens". 

Their is much truth in Herbert Krugman's alpha/beta statement. Allan Watt speaks at length on this subject. I don't have a link but awhile back on YouTube I watched him tell a fascinating story of a small village somewhere in the United Kingdom in the Fifties. They were very social, a lot of communing in the local markets and parks, etc.. Everyone knew each other. As soon as TV came to town, it all ended. In a few years they became like strangers to each other (pretty sure it went something like that). Television has done way more harm to society than good.