Do you think Stalin's great Purge may have contributed to the Holocaust

Author Topic: Do you think Stalin's great Purge may have contributed to the Holocaust  (Read 3947 times)

worcesteradam

Here is a little bit about the Purge from the BBC:
By the end of the 1930s, the Great Terror had spread to ordinary people - anybody who looked as though they had a will of their own. Some 20 million ordinary Russians were sent to the gulag - the system of labour camps mostly in Siberia - where perhaps half of them died.
More about the Great Terror here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Perhaps the numbers are an underestimate and some of the millions attributed to Hitler during Operation Barbarossa actually disappeared under Stalin?
It sure is a coincidence that these two crimes happened within years of each other in similar locations.

Offline Al Bundy

Re: Do you think Stalin's great Purge may have contributed to the Holocaust
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
Buddy, Great Terror began with October revolution 1917. Terror in Russia is not began with Stalin.

worcesteradam

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 06:44:02 PM »
No It didn't.
The Great Purge or the Great Terror (Russian: Большой террор) was a campaign of political repression in the Soviet Union which occurred from 1936 to 1938

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 06:48:03 PM »
No It didn't.

Where'd you get that quote? From Wikipedia?  :D

worcesteradam

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 12:53:10 PM »
Ha.
Yea, and....
Wheres yours from

EvadingGrid

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 12:59:59 PM »
Just as two random examples, some where to start looking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bykivnia_Graves

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKVD

Offline Geniocrat

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 04:25:49 PM »
Personally I think it was the Nefilim just using politicians as tools to complete their depopulation agenda.

Hitler, Stalin, Bushes, Cheney, Obama, Clinton, Pol Pot, Mao Ze Dung,  all of them slaughtrered millions making the Nefilim very happy no doubt.

worcesteradam

Offline Al Bundy

worcesteradam

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2015, 07:49:26 AM »
Stalin’s Orphans
Children, by the millions, scattered across the USSR.

Eighty years ago, during the Great Purge from 1935 to 1940, millions of fathers were arrested in Joseph Stalin’s empire as “enemies of the people” or “traitors of the motherland.” They were interrogated, tried, and executed, or sent to Siberian gulags. Shortly afterwards their wives would be taken, sentenced to exile or internment in a special camp for wives of traitors to the motherland (known by its acronym AlZhIR) in Akmolinsk in present-day Kazakhstan.

Some 10 million children, from just past the nursing stage to the age of 16, became collateral victims of Stalin’s regime of deliberate terror. When not claimed by relatives, these children entered the horrendous world of state orphanages for warehousing and reeducation. Until Stalin’s death in 1953 they were saddled with the stigma of descent from “enemies of the people.”

We first learned about their fate in Semyon S. Vilensky’s blood-curdling documentary compilation Deti GULAGA, 1918-1956 (2002) and its English-language equivalent, Children of the Gulag, published (together with Cathy A. Frierson) by Yale University Press in its Annals of Communism series. Under the title Silence Was Salvation, Frierson has now published 10 detailed interviews she conducted with children who had managed to survive and build families and careers for themselves in the Soviet Union.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/stalin-s-orphans_1020385.html#

Amazing how we never hear these stories.
We hear victims of the Holocaust talk about what happened to them.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 07:57:25 AM »
Stalin’s Orphans
Children, by the millions, scattered across the USSR.

Eighty years ago, during the Great Purge from 1935 to 1940, millions of fathers were arrested in Joseph Stalin’s empire as “enemies of the people” or “traitors of the motherland.” They were interrogated, tried, and executed, or sent to Siberian gulags. Shortly afterwards their wives would be taken, sentenced to exile or internment in a special camp for wives of traitors to the motherland (known by its acronym AlZhIR) in Akmolinsk in present-day Kazakhstan.

Some 10 million children, from just past the nursing stage to the age of 16, became collateral victims of Stalin’s regime of deliberate terror. When not claimed by relatives, these children entered the horrendous world of state orphanages for warehousing and reeducation. Until Stalin’s death in 1953 they were saddled with the stigma of descent from “enemies of the people.”

We first learned about their fate in Semyon S. Vilensky’s blood-curdling documentary compilation Deti GULAGA, 1918-1956 (2002) and its English-language equivalent, Children of the Gulag, published (together with Cathy A. Frierson) by Yale University Press in its Annals of Communism series. Under the title Silence Was Salvation, Frierson has now published 10 detailed interviews she conducted with children who had managed to survive and build families and careers for themselves in the Soviet Union.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/articles/stalin-s-orphans_1020385.html#

Amazing how we never hear these stories.
We hear victims of the Holocaust talk about what happened to them.

Before Stalin there is heaven USSR ?

worcesteradam

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2015, 08:51:19 AM »
Can you please just stick to the topic of this thread: Did the period known to history as the Great Terror or Great Purge, contribute in any way to the holocaust. I don't want to debate anything else. Start another thread if you do.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2015, 09:16:53 AM »
Can you please just stick to the topic of this thread: Did the period known to history as the Great Terror or Great Purge, contribute in any way to the holocaust. I don't want to debate anything else. Start another thread if you do.

OK. I gave you a video link but you did not understand. Great Terror in Russia did not start with Stalin but with Bolsheviks and their secret police Cheka in 1917. But you are right. That is Holocaust. I do not care what write in Wikipedia. I do not learn history from Wikipedia. Nobody should does.

worcesteradam

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 11:35:57 AM »
OK. I gave you a video link but you did not understand. Great Terror in Russia did not start with Stalin but with Bolsheviks and their secret police Cheka in 1917. But you are right. That is Holocaust. I do not care what write in Wikipedia. I do not learn history from Wikipedia. Nobody should does.

A two hour video link. Thank you for thinking of me.

Offline Al Bundy

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 11:42:51 AM »
A two hour video link. Thank you for thinking of me.

Better that than books, archives, memories, statements...I remember that US Congress had some resolution about victims of Bolshevism in Russia ( 100 million people ! ). I am not sure.