The West on Fire - Forest and Timber Mis-Management and Agenda 21

Author Topic: The West on Fire - Forest and Timber Mis-Management and Agenda 21  (Read 22160 times)

Offline egypt

• Love: A Wish to bestow the fullness of Joyous Life
Re: The West on Fire - Forest and Timber Mis-Management and Agenda 21
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2015, 02:38:44 PM »

I am in the thick of the Idaho fires.    It is miserable with the smoke, all night, and day-after-day.  It is no fun waiting to see if we need to evacuate.  Friends of ours have been evacuated, one family forceably.  Year-before-last there was a fire nearby that burned 2 million acres.

Last night, finally, they worked on the fire during the night.  This was the first time for night work.  Equipment has been received, making it possible, from:

Alaska
British Columbia (Canada
Australia
New Zealand

The local efforts in Contractors being trained wasn't enough.  Prisoners are used, too.   I know they worked on it last night because I heard the helicopters flying overhead.  I can't help but notice the fires correspond to the Agenda 21 "re-wilding" map. 

Northern Idaho is solid red, right where the fires are concentrated.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Black Arrow was placed by me
___________________________________________________________________________________

One of America's greatest resources (timber) is being systematically destroyed.  No place to self-subsist should it be needed.  Caches are possibly destroyed.  The chemicals used ruin the land.  Smoke inhalation causes lung diseases and conditions that kill (speeded-up eugenics of large populations?)

I remember when there were zero forest fires to speak of.  A wild blaze of any kind was a rarity.  And, they were put out quickly.   The following movies on chemtrailing may have part of the reason for all the fires:

What in the world are they spraying &
Why in the world are they spraying

https://topdocumentaryfilms.com

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2015, 11:56:45 AM »
right how many spotted owls have survived the 1 million acres burned? where will they live now ?

Since they shut down the logging for over 40 years now ... there are no logging roads into these areas so there are no logging roads or road firebreaks , no easy access in or out ( so more guys get killed by the firestorm)...
No where in these stories do they point out that the BLM / forest service practices are all wrong for half a century !

They never point out the source of the problem, the government policies .... look at previous posts about the spotted owl ...

http://www.king5.com/story/news/local/wildfires/2015/08/21/evacuation-okanogan-area-tonasket-fire-rages/32103005/
Wildfires evacuate more towns in Okanogan County
OKANOGAN, Wash. – Many towns remained under an evacuation order as raging wildfires continued their advance through Okanogan County Friday evening and Saturday morning.

Obama signs emergency declaration for Washington wildfires

Earlier Friday, Pres. Barack Obama signed an emergency declaration, ordering federal aid to assist in battling Washington state's wildfires.

The White House says the declaration allows FEMA to coordinate disaster relief efforts. The order specifically covers Asotin, Chelan, Douglas, Ferry, Klickitat, Okanogan, Pend Orielle, Skamania, Spokane, Stevens, and Yakima counties. It also brings aid to the Colville, Spokane, Kalispel, and Yakima tribes.

The news comes none too soon as firefighting resources are being stretched thin. National guard soldiers were headed to the fire lines Friday and, for the first time in state history, volunteers are being asked to fight the fires. Washington officials say more than 3,000 people have called and emailed in response to the state's request for volunteer help with wildfires.

| - - - 
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/western-wildfires/forest-service-identifies-three-firefighters-killed-washington-blaze-n413436
Three Firefighters Killed in Washington Blaze Identified
by M. Alex Johnson

The U.S. Forest Service on Thursday identified the three firefighters who were killed battling a fast-growing wildfire in Washington state as Tom Zbyszewski, 20, Andrew Zajac, 26, and Richard Wheeler, 31.

The men, all members of an engine crew from Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest in central Washington, died Wednesday after their vehicle crashed and was overtaken by flames near the town of Twisp. The fire spread quickly and erratically, driven by wind and feeding on drought-parched land, the agency said.

more history: Logging and timber industry is now 25 percent of what (on federal lands) it was in 1980's:

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&file_id=5319
U.S. Forest Service protects the northern spotted owl by limiting timber sales on August 7, 1986.
By David Wilma, February 28, 2003

On August 7, 1986, the U.S. Forest Service acts to protect the northern spotted owl (Strix occidentalis caurina ) from decline and extinction by limiting timber sales in mature portions of National Forests, which the animals need to live. The immediate impact is outcry from the forest products industry and from environmentalists.  The industry complains that the measure goes too far and will cost thousands of jobs, and environmentalists claim that not enough is being done to protect the species.

This is one in a long series of governmental actions and court decisions that will result in a reduction of more than 75 percent of the timber harvested annually from public lands.

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Offline egypt

« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2015, 06:44:21 PM »
The fires and the smoke are worse than ever.  We are planning to leave the area.   The question is, where?  Maybe the coast somewhere.   The smoke is so thick we can't see even 1/4 mile.  There are warnings to stay inside and not go out.  It doesn't do much good, the smoke comes in.

Many are in danger.  Stories coming in about the members of our Church:

A man "heard" the fire and ran out to look.  It was in a place it had already been put out.  But, the smoldering timbers re-ignited.  He saw it and quickly ran and got the family.  Two of the horses were in the trailer.  One was acting up so he had it by the reins, holding it outside the truck window, as he was driving away.  It was too late.  The horse's tail caught fire, the tires blew out, the fire was upon them.  They all survived.  It was a miracle.

Our lady friend evacuated with a few precious things in her car.  She was told to leave, all was going to be lost.  But, two firemen refused to leave.  Those two firemen and the neighbors fought the fire all night and saved her home... 

Offline donnay

• Live Free Or Die Trying!
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2015, 07:25:12 PM »
Egypt, stay safe.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

This morning I saw this headline: "UN Seen Starting Fires In North Central Washington."  I believe it was in Before it's News.  However, I cannot find it now.    :(

However, it would not surprise me one bit.
"Logic is an enemy and truth is a menace." ~ Rod Serling
"Cops today are nothing but an armed tax collector" ~ Frank Serpico
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."
"People that don't want to make waves sit in stagnant waters."

Online decemberfellow

« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2015, 07:47:28 PM »
Egypt, stay safe.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

This morning I saw this headline: "UN Seen Starting Fires In North Central Washington."  I believe it was in Before it's News.  However, I cannot find it now.    :(

However, it would not surprise me one bit.

found this:   UN Seen Starting Fires In North Central Washington - Godlike ...

www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2935654/pg1

Rev21:4
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Who am I
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7Fk6dt_uHo

Offline donnay

« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2015, 07:52:12 PM »
found this:   UN Seen Starting Fires In North Central Washington - Godlike ...

www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message2935654/pg1

Thanks DF!  I knew I wasn't imagining it.
"To be normal, to drink Coca-Cola and eat Kentucky Fried Chicken is to be in a conspiracy against yourself."

Offline egypt

« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2015, 02:59:47 AM »
Thank you so much DF.. appreciate the link and your good wishes

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2015, 03:06:05 AM »
Man's cement-dome home withstands wildfire

OMAK, WA (KXLY/CNN) - The Okanogan County complex fire is now more than 227,000 acres in size. Fire crews don’t know how many homes have been destroyed.
Almost 1,000 firefighters are working to get a handle on the fire, which is now 38 percent contained.

One man rode out the firestorm in the comfort of his living room, even as a wall of flames 20 feet high marched right around him.

“The fire was at this draw right here,” said John Belles. “We didn’t have time to do much of anything. The fire was like 30 yards or so to the north of me when I decided to go into the building.”

Belles built his concrete, monolithic dome in 1999 after he bought property near Riverside.

It’s designed to withstand Mother Nature’s fury, and that’s exactly what it did as he rode out the firestorm inside.

"I didn’t know how it was going to work out, but I figured I was safe inside the building. It was cool and well protected with the concrete and everything,” he said.

As the fire passed, Belles watched flames rip across the windows.

Read more -

http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/story/29859029/mans-cement-dome-home-withstands-wildfire

Be Prepared

Offline egypt

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2015, 03:13:32 AM »
I just don't doubt it one bit the forest fires are being set on purpose.  Yes it is a hot summer, as usual.  But, the hype is out there that it is *unusually dry.*  Personally, I haven't agreed with the hype.  And, if you look at the fires on the map, many are small, and almost in a pattern.

They are destroying vast timberland resources, in advance.  They had to mow down vast jungles of their vegetation with Agent Orange in Viet Nam.  I guess they mean it when they want to drive the rural population to the cities...  Burn them out!

They are playing the trumpet game too.  I heard a trumpet sound 3 times this morning.  Others hadn't heard it, so of course, it isn't true.  Other trumpet sounds on the internet have a telling sign that they are being played over loud speakers via a microphone = there is distinct feedback to be heard.  However, the trumpet this morning sounded very beautiful, not like the ones on the internet.  I didn't hear any proclamations with it though  :)

Offline donnay

« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2015, 10:27:11 AM »
I have no doubt that this is part of Agenda 21. 

Please keep safe--everyone in these areas.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2015, 10:51:32 AM »
http://www.pe.com/articles/fire-777844-resort-area.html
BIG BEAR LAKE: Summit fire forces 400 to evacuate, schools to close
Firefighters hoped to continue gaining ground overnight

BY RICHARD BROOKS   / STAFF WRITER
Published: Aug. 23, 2015 Updated: Aug. 24, 2015 7:31 a.m.

A 100-acre brush and timber fire prompted the evacuation of about 400 homes south of Big Bear Lake on Sunday, Aug. 23, and the cancellation of classes for Big Bear Valley Unified School District schools on Monday.

The fire began at 12:25 p.m. Sunday near two forest service roads, about a mile west of Snow Summit Mountain Resort and a half-mile south of Big Bear Elementary School. Flames burning through trees in the San Bernardino National Forest sent up a huge plume of smoke.

As of 10:20 p.m., the fire had burned 100 acres -- with no growth since about 5:30 -- and crews had dug containment lines around 30 percent of the perimeter. There was no estimate on when the fire would be fully contained.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/latest-northwest-fires-prompt-air-advisory-colorado-33279201
The Latest: Fire Near California Ski Resort Threatens Homes
Aug 24, 2015, 9:17 AM ET
Evacuation orders are in place for up to 500 homes, many of them cabins and vacation houses.

All schools within the Bear Valley Unified School District are closed Monday. Several mountain roads are off-limits.

7:05 a.m. (MDT)

A wildfire smoke health advisory has been issued through 9 a.m. for northeastern Colorado.

The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment issued the warning for east of the Continental Divide and north of Interstate 70.

Officials cite haze and smoke from Pacific Northwest, where more than a dozen large wildfires are burning across central and eastern Washington state.

The department recommends limiting outdoor activity when moderate to heavy smoke is present, especially for vulnerable groups.

Cities affected by the advisory include Denver, Fort Collins, Greeley, Golden, Littleton, Brighton, Limon, Burlington, Fort Morgan, Sterling and Julesburg

| - - - -
http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/fires/article31703897.html
Huge Northern California blaze burns lodge, threatens camp
August 21, 2015
FRESNO, Calif.  —

A wildfire burned a lodge in Kings Canyon National Park in California, the first structure the huge blaze has burned in the three weeks since lightning sparked it.

Pieces of foundation, charred metal pipes, broken dishes and a burned-out pickup truck were all that remained of the Kings Canyon lodge, which bills itself as a folksy getaway for tourists, the Fresno Bee Reported on Friday night.

The wildfire had burned across 65 square miles and was just 3 percent contained as it was bearing down on the popular recreation spot Hume Lake in the national park, officials said.

The blaze led to the evacuation of more than 2,500 campers, hikers, employees and residents earlier in the week. The Hume Lake Christian Camp has been evacuated as the fire moved closer, but the camp community worried for their cherished space
The lodge had been evacuated Monday and no one was injured.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/news/state/california/fires/article31703897.html#storylink=cpy

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole ; He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. - Job 5

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator

Offline donnay

« Reply #92 on: August 24, 2015, 09:19:50 PM »
I am posting this because I got an email from a very trusted friend who lives in the area who said Republic, Washington wasn't even in the danger zone of the fires.  They said lots of very screwy things going on the area.  The trusted friend said: "Republic isn't in the danger zone of these fires!  and there had been no lightening (dry lightening) storms...and the evacuation got underway really really fast there in Republic , Washington!"  So this information would back up the story below a little better.  I have no doubt that this type stuff is happening and I trust what my friend has told me.

UN Seen Starting Fires in North Central Washington

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I just received a report from an eye witness that watched a White Colored UN Helicopter land on a mountain near Republic Washington and 2 men got out and started a brush fire.

This eye witness (Infantry Veteran) also sighted another odd looking aircraft fire a light beam into the woods and a forest fire erupted shortly afterwards.

These reports are spot on when it comes to location of the fires and is identical to reports of other fires starting across Washington State I have received.

Basically: These fires are being started by US and UN aircraft.

Washington State is under attack by the United Nations and United States Corporation and since the US Nationals Forests currently belong to the government of China, they are technically AT WAR with China and thus (According to the original and 2nd treaties signed) at war with the entire “BRICS Set Of Nations.”

Please remember that the UN Lucifer Trust folks stated several times in the last two months they intend to “Turn up the Heat.”

I have a personal friend who makes a very inexpensive Non-Toxic Biodegradable product that you can spray on either grass or trees that prevents them from burning and he was told to “Stay The HELL Away From Us:” by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources Procurement Officer.

They want you dead.

One last note – I studied Fire Weather Behavior at UC Berkeley and fought fires in Forestry for 7 years with my last assignment as the Commander of an Army Reserve Fire Camp.

Until about three years ago, ALL fire weather was completely predictable.

With all the spraying by the 60th Air wing out of Fairchild Air Force Base, the 9/10th Air wing out of Omaha and Evergreen Aviation, the fires will now get very hot very fast and there is little prospect for rain.

If the Governor of Washington had any guts, he would shoot down the planes starting the fires, buy the product to stop the fires, and force down the jets spraying chemicals to block the rain.

If he had any guts – and was not a flaming coward.

http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/08/un-seen-starting-fires-in-north-central-washington-3203236.html

Offline egypt

« Reply #93 on: August 31, 2015, 09:26:52 PM »
donnay:

The map really shows how they concentrated the fires in Norther Idaho where the Agenda 21 map shows solid red where no people are allowed... "Core Reserves & Corridors, Little to No Human Use."

Why do they specify "human" for use, or not?  If I were a human writing the above, I'd say Little to no use. 

Offline donnay

« Reply #94 on: August 31, 2015, 09:58:57 PM »
donnay:

The map really shows how they concentrated the fires in Norther Idaho where the Agenda 21 map shows solid red where no people are allowed... "Core Reserves & Corridors, Little to No Human Use."

Why do they specify "human" for use, or not?  If I were a human writing the above, I'd say Little to no use.

Good point. 

Have you left you area? 

My friend wrote this to me this morning:

"The local news didn't mention wind raged all the way over to the west side of the state where just outside of Seattle they had 90 MPH winds causing havoc.  Yep 90 MPH,  massive power outages over on the west side of the state with trees coming down."

Keeping you all in my prayers.

Offline jerryweaver

« Reply #95 on: September 01, 2015, 01:14:14 AM »
I at the south edge of camp roberts and helicopter traffic tonight  is nonstop. Very unusual. It's usually quiet.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2015, 08:50:22 PM »
Now that kids are going back to school ... evacuate ! Now ! Remember  no school unless you get your shots!  And now we'll teach you to be a good Global Citizen Slave with Rotten to the Common Core textbooks! Thanx Obama... 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/western-wildfires/northern-california-butte-fire-explodes-100-square-miles-n426361

Northern California Butte Fire Explodes to 100 Square Miles as Residents Evacuate
Sep 12 2015, 3:29 pm
by Elisha Fieldstadt

An explosive and erratic wildfire grew to more than 100 square miles in Northern California on Saturday, threatening thousands of structures and forcing hundreds of people into evacuation centers.

The so-called Butte Fire, burning in Calaveras and Amador counties, began Wednesday, scorching only 100 acres. But the flames kept up their momentum overnight Friday, ballooning from 32,000 acres to 65,000 acres by Saturday morning, said Dan Berlant, of the California Department of Fire and Forestry Protection, or Cal Fire.

The 2,700 residents of San Andreas, about 60 miles southeast of Sacramento, were placed under mandatory evacuation orders on Friday night before the fire switched directions and the order was lifted. But they were warned that they may need to leave at a moment's notice depending on the fire's trajectory.

Hundreds of people from other surrounding communities were ordered to flee their homes and quickly filled up evacuation centers, one of which had to change locations twice as the fire's path zigzagged.

White told NBC News that the areas surrounding the Butte Fire are even "dark in the day, with lights on."

"Reminded me of an eclipse when it gets dark," White said.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2015, 08:36:11 PM »
now Middletown s gone ... The Valley fire  Lake county ... now 60 square miles ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/california-wildfires-thousand-flee-firefighters-battle-blazes-n426531
California Wildfires: Thousands Flee as Valley and Butte Blazes Force Evacuations
by Elisha Fieldstadt and Matthew Grimson
Sep 13 2015, 7:55 pm ET

Hundreds of buildings have been lost to a fast-moving Northern wildfire that had forced thousands to flee Sunday, and hospitalized four firefighters with second-degree burns.

The so-called Valley Fire in Lake County, northwest of Sacramento, erupted early Saturday afternoon and rapidly burned through brush and trees parched from several years of drought, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire).

The fire spread quickly, growing from 50 acres to 400 acres just before 4 p.m. (7 p.m. ET) Saturday, to 40,000 acres at 1:30 a.m. (4:30am ET) Sunday. Entire towns as well as residents along a 35-mile stretch of highway were ordered to flee their homes.

Gov. Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Lake County Sunday, less than 24 hours after the fire sparked, and Cal Fire called all personnel to report to duty, canceling any previously scheduled days off. One thousand firefighters were dedicated to battling the Valley blaze as of Sunday morning, and Berlant said more were on the way.

Twelve wildfires are raging across California, prompting the National Weather Service issued air quality alerts for a large swath of the middle of the state. "If you live anywhere in northern California, expect to see smoke," Berlant said

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2015, 04:57:07 PM »
Thanks for posting the California fire info.  I know exactly
where the San Andreas fire is and it is very dry there in the
lower elevation of the foothills!  If more fires break out across
the USA in "The Foothill"  locations as foothills are more populated
then Agenda-21  is being activated, to burn everyone out of the "hills"
and down into the cities where they're more easily controlled....
Be Prepared

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2015, 06:09:05 PM »
http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps.php

http://www.kcra.com/news/50acre-fire-in-lake-county-prompts-mandatory-evacuations/35242778
1 killed, hundreds of homes destroyed in Valley Fire
Cobb, Middletown, Hidden Valley Lake evacuated
UPDATED 10:18 PM PDT Sep 13, 2015

MIDDLETOWN, Calif. (KCRA) —One person has been killed and up to 1,000 homes and buildings have been destroyed by a fast-moving wildfire burning in Lake County, according to the Associated Press.

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2015, 03:54:29 PM »
Still no word about what caused the San Andreas fire
from the email I got today from a friend near there and
to say it's dry in that area is an understatement.   If it
spreads, or they start more fires around Angels Camp
then it'll be very suspicious, more then it already is.
If it starts burning up Highway 4  into all those small towns
and they let it get out of control around the 4,000 foot elevation
(Before the town of Arnold heading to Bear Valley ski resort)
there will be no way of stopping the fire in that heavily pine treed area.
Be Prepared

Offline windyacres

• 2+2=4
« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2015, 03:39:13 PM »
Be Prepared

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2015, 04:55:08 PM »
http://www.capradio.org/articles/2015/09/21/valley-and-butte-wildfires-among-most-damaging-in-california-history/
Valley And Butte Wildfires Among Most Damaging In California History
Ed Joyce 
Monday, September 21, 2015 | Sacramento, CA

The Valley Fire in Lake County is 75 percent contained at 76,067 acres Tuesday.

Cal Fire says 1,901 structures were destroyed in the fire, many of them in Middletown, making the Valley Fire the third most damaging wildfire in California history
- based on the number of structures burned.

The Butte Fire in Amador and Calaveras counties is 80 percent contained at nearly 71,000 acres.

It has destroyed 952 structures, making it the seventh most damaging fire in state history.

The Tunnel Fire in the Oakland hills in 1991 is the most damaging in California history. It burned 1,600 acres, destroyed 2,900 structures and killed 25 people

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: June 24, 2016, 01:56:43 PM »
Here we go again ... nothing like NWO Agenda21 weather warfare ...

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_WESTERN_WILDFIRES_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-24-13-38-52
Jun 24, 1:38 PM EDT
 Real-time wildfire tracker.
   Wildfires Consume L.A. Homes
   Pasadena Wildfire Forces More Evacuations 
   Wildfire Mentors Aid Victims

Headlines

The Latest: California wildfire explodes to 29 square miles
 Flames roar through central California homes; thousands flee

Agency enlists high-tech help keeping drones from wildfires

LAKE ISABELLA, Calif. (AP) -- The Latest on wildfires burning in the West (all times local):

10:40 a.m.

A wind-whipped wildfire burning among mountain communities in California's southern Sierra Nevada has ballooned to more than 29 square miles.

The latest measurement at midmorning Friday is more than double the previous estimate.

About 100 buildings around the popular recreation area of Lake Isabella have been destroyed, including 80 homes, since the blaze erupted Thursday afternoon and sent residents fleeing.

Fire authorities say an additional 1,500 structures are threatened.

Six hundred firefighters are battling the blaze about 35 miles northeast of Bakersfield and hundreds more are on their way

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2016, 01:54:40 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3694384/High-temperatures-form-dangerous-heat-dome-country-braces-massive-coast-coast-heatwave.html
Coast-to-coast 100F heatwave could form dangerous 'heat dome' over most of the US and bring MORE unbearable temperatures
Massive heatwave could cause 'heat dome' over most of the US
Forecasters warned temperatures could be some of season's hottest
Weather officials also predict heat index will reach the dangerous category
Planted corn fields in the Midwest have been known to boost dew points, which can lead to high heat index values, according to weather experts
Deadly conditions could occur and some could suffer from heat exhaustion and heat stroke as temperatures rise throughout the week 
Most of the country will hit temperatures in at least the low 80s
The worst-hit point will be Arizona, which could hit 116 degrees on Friday
Thursday will be the worst day for the Midwest and Western states

By Valerie Edwards and James Wilkinson For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:11 EST, 17 July 2016  | Updated: 11:28 EST, 17 July 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3694384/High-temperatures-form-dangerous-heat-dome-country-braces-massive-coast-coast-heatwave.html#ixzz4EgpGStHI
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2016, 11:40:51 AM »
Here it is ... Sand Fire - Santa Clarita ca.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Santa-clarita-sand-fire-containment-raging-updates-evacuations-388098982.html
Firefighters Battle 'Almost Unprecedented' 51-Square-Mile Wildfire
The Sand fire north of Los Angeles has burned 18 homes and threatens about 1,500 more
By Staff and Wire Reports

Thousands of residents remained out of their homes Monday morning as the 51-square-mile Sand Fire continued to burn in Southern California's Santa Clarita Valley.

"This fire, what we've seen in 72 hours, is almost unprecedented," said Los Angeles County Fire Department Battalion Chief Dennis Cross. "We'd have to go back a long way to compare a fire to this. And, we're not through with this thing yet."

Source: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Santa-clarita-sand-fire-containment-raging-updates-evacuations-388098982.html#ixzz4FR3flEm8
Follow us: @NBCLA on Twitter | NBCLA on Facebook

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: July 30, 2016, 11:06:47 AM »
Althogh this and the Monterey fire are the only major western fires right now ... the fall is just upon us.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/cities-in-southern-california-cant-escape-the-fire-at-their-door/
Cities In Southern California Can’t Escape The Fire At Their Door
Jul 29, 2016 at
By Ella Koeze

Southern California is on fire again. The Sand fire in the Santa Clarita Valley mountains north of Los Angeles has burned 38,873 acres, destroyed at least 18 homes and taken one life. Smoke from the fire created what the LA Times referred to as an “apocalyptic haze” around Los Angeles County and a scorch mark it left behind was clearly visible in images from NASA’s Landsat satellite. On Tuesday, the acting governor of California, Tom Torlakson, declared a state of emergency in the county, declaring that the fire is “likely to be beyond the control of the services, personnel, equipment and facilities of any single local government.”

What distinguishes the Sand fire isn’t its size — there are at least 500-odd fires that have been larger in the last 15 years — but its size given its location. The fire has burned at least 59 square miles, and breached the city limits of Santa Clarita, a city with nearly 180,000 people. In Southern California, this type of urban-adjacent wildfire is all too common.

Though the majority of the land scorched in the Sand fire is public and less developed, flames have also spilled into the “wildland-urban interface” (or WUI), which is “where houses meet or intermingle with wildland vegetation,” in the phrasing of the Forest Service.

The Sand fire is one of the largest fires in such close proximity to a city in the past 15 years.

To find the culprit for California’s fires, says Forest Service Chief Tom Tidwell, who began his career fighting wildfires in Idaho, look no farther than the historic drought impacting the state: “If you look at the map of where drought is most intense,” he says, “it often overlaps with where you have these catastrophic fires.” Most of Los Angeles County is currently in a zone of “exceptional drought,” according to the U.S. Drought Monitor.

| - - - -

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-soberanes-fire-central-california-20160728-snap-story.html

Deadly Soberanes fire on Central Coast forces 350 residents to flee, destroys 44 structures
By Veronica Rocha
July 28, 2016, 1:55 PM

Southern California’s deadly Sand fire was largely under control Thursday, but a massive wildfire burning north of Big Sur has grown to more than 27,000 acres and destroyed 44 structures, fire officials said.

The Soberanes fire, which has burned out of control for days and claimed one life, has occupied more than 3,500 firefighters and is now just 10% contained, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. To date, the fire has scorched 27,326 acres

The fire, which started Friday in Soberanes Creek, is still threatening 2,000 homes and has forced at least 350 residents to flee. The fire has prompted the closure of six state parks along the Central Coast through Aug. 6, and all trails and roads in the Monterey District of Los Padres National Forest, Cal Fire said.

The sweeping flames overtook Robert Bresnick, 67, who was evacuating with his girlfriend and pets. He was discovered dead about 7:20 p.m. Saturday inside a burned car in a driveway outside a home in the 26700 block of Iron Canyon Road.

The deadly fires prompted acting Gov. Tom Torlakson on Tuesday to declare a state of emergency for Los Angeles and Monterey counties.

The fire danger will remain elevated as high temperatures, gusty winds and low humidity persist through Thursday statewide, according to the National Weather Service.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2016, 03:00:19 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3744390/Fast-moving-Southern-California-wildfire-forces-evacuations.html
82,000 evacuated and 18,000 acres torched to the ground: State of emergency declared in southern California over terrifying wildfire
Officials ordered evacuations Tuesday as fire rapidly engulfed the area called the Cajon Pass
The so-called Bluecut Fire erupted in heavy brush just west of Interstate 15, the main freeway between Las Vegas and the Los Angeles area
The inferno prompted orders for residents of the community of Wrightwood, about 75 miles east of Los Angeles, to leave their homes
This is the latest in a series of wildfires that have blackened nearly 300,000 acres of the U.S. West

By Reuters

Published: 23:20 EST, 16 August 2016  | Updated: 08:32 EST, 17 August 2016

Authorities in southern California ordered the evacuation of 82,000 people on Tuesday after a wildfire broke out in a mountain pass and rapidly engulfed at least 18,000 acres of terrain.

Officials said about 700 firefighters were battling to control the blaze in an area called the Cajon Pass, the latest in a series of wildfires that have blackened nearly 300,000 acres of the drought-parched U.S. West

Thriving communities in California have been reduced to scenes of horror, houses turned to ashes and cars melted

Offline Geolibertarian

• Global Moderator
  • 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB! www.911truth.org
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
Is it reasonable to assume that the carbonazis who automatically blame plant food whenever a disaster like this occurs want desperately for the following article (and all others like it) to be flushed down the memory hole?

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/western-wildfires/arson-growing-concern-during-california-wildfire-season-n390561

'Heinous Act': Arson Blamed for One in Five California Wildfires

by Hallie Jackson
NBC News
July 11, 2015

Blame California's historic drought, extreme heat and Santa Ana winds for spreading wildfires faster than ever — but the blazes don't begin by themselves.

It takes a spark to set them, and in California last year, more than 1,000 wildfires were started intentionally. Since 2007, one in every five state wildfires was deemed arson, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

But investigators like Jennifer Ricci are helping to hunt down the culprits.

"We investigate all fires, and arson is one potential cause of many," said Ricci, adding, "There has to be an ignition source. That's our job — to figure out that ignition source."

[Continued...]
"Abolish all taxation save that upon land values." -- Henry George

"If our nation can issue a dollar bond, it can issue a dollar bill." -- Thomas Edison

http://schalkenbach.org
http://www.monetary.org
http://forum.prisonplanet.com/index.php?topic=203330.0

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2016, 11:36:40 AM »
wow ... at least soon there will be nothing in California left to burn ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-blue-cut-fire-20160816-snap-story.html
Homes burn, thousands flee as out-of-control brush fire chars more than 31,000 acres in Cajon Pass
Paloma Esquivel, Angel Jennings, Shane Newell

The aggressive fire in the Cajon Pass grew to 31,600 acres on Thursday as flames ripped through canyons and flatlands and reduced homes to ash and rubble.

The flames have left even veteran firefighters bewildered.

“It hit hard, it hit fast — it hit with an intensity that we haven’t seen before,” San Bernardino County Fire Chief Mark Hartwig said.

More than 80,000 people in the county’s rural communities have been forced to flee. An unknown number of homes were destroyed

Summit Inn, a historic diner along Route 66 once frequented by Elvis Presley, had become indistinguishable rubble. Charred skeletons of buildings and cars dotted the area. A cargo train sat idle on tracks, abandoned by its engineer.

A spokesman for the U.S. Forest Service said assessment teams and cadaver dogs would be sent to homes and structures along Highway 138.

“The fire came so quickly,” said Chon Bribiescas. “We want to make sure nobody was left behind.”

In addition to Lytle Creek,  Lone Pine Canyon, Wrightwood and Swarthout Canyon, mandatory evacuations were ordered for Baldy Mesa, Old Cajon Road and West Cajon Valley, fire officials said.

The northbound lanes of the 15 Freeway through the Cajon Pass reopened late Wednesday, according to the California Highway Patro

Offline egypt

« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2016, 02:01:07 AM »
I am wondering.  Is this a Monsanto operation.  Burn down the forests and then there's money to be made with reforestation using IMPROVED seed.  Just what is up here? wow

It's the only seedling available for Idaho = Pine, Western White
1.  State:  Idaho
2.  Product:  Forest Seedlings
3.  Species:  Pine, Western White
4.  At the bottom "Results" come up.  Chose "Post Details" at the end of that line.

Pacific Northwest (PNW) Reforestation Council Annual Meeting
http://westernforestry.org/upcoming-conferences/pnw-reforestation-council-annual-meeting

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
its weird - I haven't posted on this but it seems they are doing to the east  what they did to the west ( nothing left to burn there now ! )

This is not the first east coast wildfire ....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3980932/Gaitlinburg-burns-Wildfire-sweeps-Tennessee-resort-town-population-4-000-s-Dollywood-residents-evacuate.html

'It's the apocalypse': Thousands forced to flee resort Tennessee towns as massive wildfire destroys homes and hotels and threatens Dollywood
More than 14,000 people have been forced to evacuate from resort towns of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
Officials say 100 homes have been destroyed or damaged, as there's 'little hope' for relief anytime soon
Four people suffered severe burns trying to evacuate and are hospitalized as no deaths have been reported
Westgate Resorts, a 16-story hotel and every cabin at Black Bear Falls is believed to have been destroyed
Schools in Green, McMinn and Sevier counties will are closed, and more than 12,000 people in Sevier County were without power as of early Tuesday morning
Dollywood was evacuated and tourists fled the area as wildfires ripped through Eastern Tennessee Monday
In a statement, Dolly Parton said: 'I am praying for all the families affected by the fire and the firefighters who are working so hard to keep everyone safe' 
Terrifying video shot from the Gatlinburg Park Vista Hilton Hotel shows flames just outside the windows

By Hannah Parry For Dailymail.com  and Regina F. Graham For Dailymail.com 

Published: 00:00 EST, 29 November 2016  | Updated: 14:26 EST, 29 November 2016

Spreading Tennessee wildfires in the resort towns of Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge have forced more than 14,000 people to evacuate as officials say the blaze has caused the area to resemble the 'apocalypse.' 

Thousands of residents and visitors in the Gatlinburg area were evacuated from the Great Smoky Mountains, and hundreds of structures have been damaged and destroyed by the fire which is the worse to hit the area in decades as of Tuesday morning. 

| - - - - -

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/gatlinburg-neighborhood-voluntarily-evacuating-due-to-fire/357115866
TEMA: Hundreds of structures destroyed by Sevier County inferno

GATLINBURG - 9:30 a.m. Tuesday UPDATE:  Officials estimate more than 14,000 residents and visitors had to evacuate Gatlinburg due to an inferno in Sevier County.

Crews are also getting their first look at damage estimates.

As of 9:30 a.m., here was the latest update from the Tennessee Emergency Management Agency:
• Hundreds of structures lost due to Sevier county wildfire
• Westgate Resorts, Black Bear Falls completely destroyed
• 14,000 residents and visitors evacuated from Gatlinburg
• Ober Gatlinburg says its property has NOT been destroyed, contrary to TEMA report.

The Red Cross is accepting monetary donations. People can make a $10 donation by texting "REDCROSS" to 90999.

| - - - -  -

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/20/forest-fires-burn-119000-acres-8-southeastern-states/94169774/
Forest fires burn 119,000 acres in 8 Southeastern states
USA Today NetworkSteve Ahillen, Knoxville (Tenn.) News Sentinel 4:17 p.m. EST November 20, 2016

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Forest fires that have burned more than 119,000 acres in eight states and have people from Asheville to Atlanta smelling smoke continue to rage through most of the Southeast.

More than 6,300 firefighters, some from as far as Alaska, are fighting fires that range from just a few acres to one in the Cohutta Wilderness in northern Georgia that has burned 27,000. That fire has burned more than a month and is just 20 percent contained.

A total of 74 aircraft, including Black Hawk helicopters and BAE tanker jets, have been used.

The center’s Dave Martin said he can’t be sure if the extent of the fires is unprecedented, but it is the biggest he can remember.

“It has been quite a while since we had had this number of large fires at this many locations,” he said. “The last time it was comparable was in 2001 and even then it wasn’t this busy.”

States that have been dealing with fires are Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and Alabama. The fires taken together are even starting to rival the mammoth blazes of the west. The Big Sur fire in late July burned around 132,000 acres.

| - - - -

Again ARSON has occurred:

https://weather.com/news/news/southeast-wildfires
Southeast Wildfires: Aspiring Weatherman Arrested on Arson Charges After Admitting to Starting Fire to Gain Facebook Views
By Pam Wright
Published Nov 14 2016

With little to no rain in recent weeks and prolonged drought conditions affecting much of the Southeast, hundreds of wildfires have broken out across the region, prompting evacuations and sending up a blanket of smoke that covers several states.

Many of the fires are the result of arson, officials say, and three people have been arrested thus far, according to the Associated Press.

Police in eastern Kentucky say they have arrested a man described as a "wannabe meteorologist" who deliberately set a wildfire in an attempt to garner a larger Facebook following. Johnny Mullins, 21 of Jenkins, Kentucky, faces a charge of second-degree arson for a blaze in Letcher County, Jenkins Police Chief James Stephens told the AP.

"(Mullins) likes to do Facebook videos and have people follow him on his 'weather forecast,'" Jenkins Police Chief James Stephens told the AP. "So that's pretty much why he did what he did. He enjoyed the attention he got from the Facebook stuff."

Another unidentified teen was also arrested on suspicion of arson in Harlan, Kentucky, and a man was charged in Tennessee with setting fires and vandalism that caused more than $250,000 in damage outside Chattanooga.

According to the Courier-Journal, at least 150 of 210 wildfires — or 76 percent — that have broken out since October in Kentucky are arson-related, the Kentucky Energy and Environmental Cabinet reported.

The blazes have prompted officials in Tennessee, North Carolina and Kentucky to declare states of emergency.

More than 5,000 firefighters and support staff from around the nation have poured into the Southeast to help fight the fires, according to Shardul Raval, U.S. Forest Service Director of Fire and Aviation Management for the Southern Region. About 40 aircraft, including three large air tankers flying out of Chattanooga, have been brought in. 

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2016, 12:38:11 PM »
NWO / UN Agenda 21 attacks Dolly Parton:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/dolly-parton-heartbroken-by-wildfires-torching-her-hometown/
Dolly Parton heartbroken by wildfires torching her hometown
by AP 29 Nov 2016

ATLANTA (AP) — Country music icon Dolly Parton says she’s heartbroken about wildfires that tore through the Tennessee county where she grew up but spared the Dollywood theme park that bears her name.

In a statement released Tuesday by her publicists, Parton said she’s been watching the “terrible fires” in the Great Smoky Mountains. At least 14,000 people have been forced to evacuate the tourist area of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Three people were killed in the wildfires, and more than a dozen others were injured, authorities said.

“I am praying for all the families affected by the fire and the firefighters who are working so hard to keep everyone safe,” she said.

In a video released just hours before the wildfires engulfed Gatlinburg and areas around Pigeon Forge, Parton urged people to prevent forest fires.

Parton appears with Smokey Bear in the 30-second video released Sunday by Great Smoky Mountains National Park. She tells people to avoid burning leaves and parking vehicles on dry grass, and warns that even a campfire can spark a wildfire.

Dollywood officials said the theme park itself wasn’t damaged but more than a dozen cabins operated by the park were damaged or destroyed by the wildfires.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: July 11, 2017, 01:45:10 PM »
Oh here we go again ... amid record snow ( 100 year records !) / rain fall !  .

massive forest  fires ? who is setting them ? hmmm
... hmmm ... 

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-new-wildfires-20170709-story.html

Raging wildfires across California force nearly 8,000 to evacuate: 'It was terrifying'

Javier Panzar and Matt HamiltonContact Reporters

With a heat wave continuing to bake California and the rest of the West, wildfires forced nearly 8,000 people to dash for safety Sunday as flames destroyed homes and threatened thousands of structures across the state.

A car and house near Oroville, Calif., are engulfed in flames by the Wall fire on Saturday. (Josh Edelson / AFP/Getty Images)

About 35 miles to the south in Santa Barbara County, more than 3,500 people have fled the Whittier fire near Lake Cachuma, which was burning just north of Goleta
. The blaze scorched just over 12 square miles and burned 20 structures on both sides of Highway 154, according to officials with Los Padres National Forest.

That fire, which started about 2 p.m. Saturday, initially trapped some 80 campers at the Circle V Ranch Camp. But U.S. Forest Service firefighters reached the group later that day, said Capt. Dave Zaniboni of the Santa Barbara County Fire Department.

Offline Peerless

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2017, 06:47:39 PM »
I lived in California from 1969-1990...

the amount of record rain/snow last season means about squat when related to fires IMO...that just fills up the lakes, causes issues when snow pack melts, etc...

hot/dry weather dries things up rather quickly when you get away from the waters...

not to say that this couldn't be arson/conspiracy/etc...but, when a fire gets going, it spreads easily through dry underbrush and when the heat is intense enough it will literally blow trees up.  sure, a healthy tree is capable of surviving some fires, but not all.

Offline egypt

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2017, 09:08:09 PM »

It seems to me the fires are set on purpose.  It's an act of war to burn up millions of acres at a time.  The forests are part of America's fantastic resources.  People could live out there.  Caches are buried out there.  They're hiding other-country military in groups out there.

That year of 2015, men were observed jumping out of the white helicopters, setting the fire and jumping back in to go do it again in another spot in Washington.  Reported orally here locally, a couple saw a landed helicopter leaving as a fire started.

I discovered that aluminum-resistant seed is available for pine trees from Monsanto.  Also, aluminum-resistant seedlings can be purchased and are being created for re-treeing burned areas.  Monsanto must be making at least $billions over these fires.

Those involved and perpetrating, setting the fires need to be held accountable for High Crimes Against Humanity.

Also, a commercial-grade ozone maker helped us here at home in clearing out the smoke inside, and making so we could breathe.  Now, I still use it to freshen up the air inside our home.

love, e

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2017, 09:36:57 AM »
I  agree with you E. There have been several documented accounts of forest service people setting fires for whatever "unknown" motivations  (orders ? job promotions ? spite? ). But also homeless and illegals set fires  from having camp fires during high winds or just leaving them . Also these fires are not just in California , they are occurring all over the west . And yes these are areas that have been getting the aluminum con/chemtrails ( I've seen them over Lake Tahoe and all over the west) .  So are these chemicals on the trees acting as an  accelerant ?

And right they are re seeding vast areas of the west with WHAT? So Monsanto gets billions directly from the federal trough with govt. contracts .

https://www.nifc.gov/fireInfo/nfn.htm
National Preparedness Level 4 as of July 9 at 2:00 pm MDT (on a scale from 1 to 5)
https://www.nifc.gov/nicc/logistics/references/Definition_of_PL_Levels.pdf
Preparedness Level 4
Description:  Three (3) or more Geographic Areas are experiencing incidents requiring Type 1 and 2 Incident Management Teams.  Competition exists for resources between Geographic Areas.  Nationally, 60% of Type 1 and 2 Incident Management Teams and crews are committed

http://www.forestguild.org/CFLRP/Documents/RiskAssessment_FireAccerlerants.pdf
RESIDUES OF FIRE ACCELERANT CHEMICALS

2.3.1 Aluminum and Aluminum Oxide.......................................................................9

Helitorch/terra-torch or gelled gasoline in handthrown plastic bags.

Gasoline can be mixed with a gelling agent, generally aluminum carboxylates (“alumagel”), which solidifies the gasoline into a jelly-like form, sold under the trade names FireGel®, Surefire®, and Petrol Gel®
Based on the combustion products identified in Table 1-1 for each accelerant, the solid or liquid
residues that may potentially be present are as follows:
• Aluminum
• Aluminum oxide

2.3.1 Aluminum and Aluminum Oxide
Free aluminum (Al) is reactive.

Following combustion, aluminum oxide (Al2O3) will be the  dominant form in the environment. ATSDR (1999a) estimated a minimal risk level of 2.0 mg Al /kg/day for intermediate (15 to 364 days) oral exposure, based on the most sensitive toxicity endpoint (neurotoxicity) identified in studies in laboratory animals. This minimal risk level is equivalent to 3.78 mg Al2O3/kg/day. Long-term feeding studies in mice and rats using aluminum potassium sulfate or aluminum phosphide led reviewers to conclude that aluminum has not demonstrated carcinogenicity in laboratory animals (ATSDR 1999a).

http://wildfiretoday.com/tag/smoke/

Wildfire smoke map, July 8, 2017

This map showing the distribution of smoke from wildfires was produced at 6:37 p.m. MDT July 7, 2017.

ttps://fsapps.nwcg.gov/afm/

Offline Peerless

« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2017, 06:38:34 PM »
I have memories from my childhood of being taught forest rangers do intentionally set fires...controlled fires to burn off the underbrush in attempts to prevent buildups that can cause much larger fires...as I noted previously, healthy trees can withstand such small fires.

look, I can easily agree that something could be going on...there are certainly way too many instances of idiots starting fires by being idiots...and there are of course arsonists doing it on purpose just for the kicks. 

as far as the record rainfall...eh, whatever...here in Texas we had a great wet winter, but it's already dry as all hell out here

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2017, 09:38:41 AM »
Sounds like Agenda 21 to me ...

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-central-valley-wildfire-grows-20170717-htmlstory.html
'Please Stay Out': Wildfire scorches 11,200 acres in Central Valley, triggering evacuations

A wildfire burning in the Central Valley spread across thousands of acres Monday, forcing residents to flee their homes as fire crews wrestled with erratic flames and steep, rugged terrain.

The Detwiler fire, which began Sunday afternoon, has scorched 11,200 acres, destroyed one structure and damaged another about two miles east of Lake McClure in Mariposa County, according to the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection.

At least six other smaller fires erupted across the state Monday, as high temperatures and dry conditions presented ripe conditions for destructive wildfires. The largest of the new fires burned 500 acres in Fresno County, Cal Fire officials said.
Farther north in Mendocino County, about 450 firefighters tackled the 900-acre Grade fire.

Burning five miles northwest of Redwood Valley, the blaze, which was 25% contained as of Monday afternoon, triggered evacuation warnings in the Baker Creek subdivision.

The fire erupted about 2:50 p.m. Sunday along Highway 101 and threatened nearby homes and structures, according to the Mendocino County Sheriff’s Office.

Elsewhere, the 18,311-acre Whittier fire continued to burn into the Santa Ynez Mountains north of Goleta in Santa Barbara County.
In Calaveras County, a 55-acre blaze ripped through thick, dry grass in the footprint of the 2015 Butte fire, triggering evacuations and leaving one person hospitalized with burn injures.

Online TahoeBlue

• Global Moderator
« Reply #119 on: July 22, 2017, 03:58:36 PM »
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/nation-world/national/article163063043.html
'Complete devastation' for some near California wildfire
By SCOTT SMITH and OLGA R. RODRIGUEZ
Associated Press
FRESNO, Calif.  —

The aggressive wildfire sweeping through the Sierra Nevada foothills covered with dense brush and dead trees destroyed 60 homes and 64 other buildings. But it spared Mariposa, a historic Gold Rush-era town popular with tourists bound for the park.

Firefighters lifted an evacuation order for residents of Mariposa and reopened Highway 140 between the town and Yosemite, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection spokesman Andy Isolano said.

The wildfire that has scorched 117.5 square miles (298 square kilometers) threatened at least 1,500 homes and forced almost 5,000 people to evacuate.

Nearly 4,500 firefighters, air tankers and fleets of helicopters and bulldozers fought the blaze. A state fire statement said temperatures in the area could top 100 degrees on Saturday and the fire could move moderately fast through the area, torching isolated trees.
The fire was 30 percent contained after nearly $11 million was spent to battle the blaze, officials said. The cause remained under investigation

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/nation-world/national/article163063043.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/news/nation-world/national/article163063043.html#storylink=cpy